Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

kane gettin finished up!!!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 275 replies

sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeettttttttttttttt!!!!!!!! awsome!!!!! glad to here it dude!!!!! go go go go go!!!!!! you da man!!!! cheerz brah !! holla!! glad i cld be of some inspiration!! congrats!! holla!!!

T

Thanks bro. I was very suprised at the response. If any one has any doubt u just got throw your self out there. Made some good money and got lots of orders. TALK ABOUT MOTIVATION!!! ILL be carving non stop from now on>>> YEAH C'MON!!!

THATS THE SHIT!!!!! way to go dude!!!! so glad to hear it!!! never stop carvin just keep goin!!!! its the best feelin when people luv your stuff!! cheerz tiki godz im drinkin one to you right now!!!!!! holla!!!

HELLO ALL!!!! im back!! puter took a major dump and just got it back!! missed this places like crazy!! havent been slackin! got a speacial order dun and hit the mother load of logs!! work has picked up to the point where i havent realy had time to start a new guy. but that will change soon! gotta reload all my pic hdwr then i will post sum pics!glad to be back! and wow! you guys are pumpin out some crazy stuff these days! will reply as i go thrgh each with a closer look! cheerz!!

T

I guess I should of checked your thread before i ask wtf you been
Glad to here obout the logs!! I hit it big to with a local landscaper,

luvin landscaper hook ups same here only i got coconut logs!!

A
amate posted on Wed, Nov 11, 2009 3:35 PM

Yeah, I too was wandering where you were. Can't wait to see the new stuff.

ok heres my speacial project!!! yes hes square but the buyer liked previous tikis and wanted the same look for the tiki its self. already have an order for another w a diff configuration but same theme!! i will post pics of my logs and upcoming carves soon!! thanxs for lookin!! cheerz!!

P.S. if you look in da bckgrnd of pic #2 that is my first ever tiki! skill saw and a chisel!! so all you first time carvers.... dont ever feel bad or emarrassed to show those carves and always keep going you will get better w time!!! cheerz!!

T

DAMN!!! BTScott the fire head dress is SSSSIIICCCKKKK!!!!!! Congrats on the orders
Hope to see more,, Oh that thing in the background in the second pic....Im sure your mother was very proud of you, lolol

THNX TIKIGODZ!! and i know he aint pretty but he was my first and realy no my mother was scared shitless of it!!lol! cheerz!

[ Edited by: BIG tiki scott 2009-11-12 15:17 ]

HELP!! can anyone tell me how to add a caption on my thread posting on the main thread page. like big tiki scott. NEW TIKI! please help!

Brah..that is very cool, I thought it was a mailbox at first... I like the square tiki look.. how cool is that hose you made too.. wow very unique..

To change the heading go to your first post of your thread and you can make it say whatever's you want..

hope that helps

BB

beachbumz!!! thnx for stoppin in and the kind words!! yeah i have dun a bunch startin square and i agrree they have a pretty cool look!! but this one was actually requested to resemble an earlier carve! thnx again and thx for the help!! cheerz!!

ur the man !! thnx! not to good at this puter stuff! cheerz!

A
amate posted on Thu, Nov 12, 2009 5:06 PM

Far out tiki Scott! and while on the subject of square wood, where do you get your timber? Our Home Depot and Lowes don't have beams that size.

speacial order from 84 lumber and i have laminated planks togeather w a large press a feind has! thx for stoppin in and the kind wordz!! cheerz!

C

I like the fireman tiki. Need to get one for my firehouse! haha

K
Kino posted on Wed, Nov 18, 2009 11:42 AM

On 2009-11-11 16:57, BIG tiki scott wrote:

Kick A$$ Scott !!
I too like how you did the hose.
But is that a seperate piece or part of the main log ?
Either way , well done.

PS. - nice flames too !

Kino Thanks You

[ Edited by: Kino 2009-11-19 17:36 ]

claq 50!! let me know ill hook you up!!! better yet giveit a swing!!! thnx for stoppin in!! cheerz!!

kino!!! thnx for the kind words!!! the hose is a seperate piece. i added the wood then carved it to shape. at 17" i would need a pretty good size tree to carve whole but belive me im lookin!!! thanx again and cheerz!!!

aloha all!!!! been too long scince my last post..... but as has been said on this forum by sombody life got in the way of carvin!!! but the clouds are partin and im rip roarin and ready to go!!!! this little guy i did over my thnx givin holiday. first shot at hand carvin w a knife! hes 6" tall and 2and a hlf "wide. did it in the car,hotels,and whenever i had a chance!! i actually did two but gave it away as a present b4 i took pics!!! waitin for those then i will post him too!! been lookin here and there you guys and girls just keep crankin out awsome stuff!!! i have a few big carves comin up so i will be postin more soon!! well here he is ... hes a little rough but i think pretty good for a first try w nuthin but a knife and sand paper!! lol!! cheerz!!and thanx for lookin!!

p.s. furball,tikigodz where u be!? holla!!

[ Edited by: BIG tiki scott 2009-12-13 19:32 ]

Glad you had a designated driver. Lol
Looks good.

A
amate posted on Mon, Dec 14, 2009 4:11 PM

Welcome back Scott. He looks much bigger than 6". How did you finish him?
I don't know why but I keep getting a feeling that you have something special your planning. What ever your next carve is, hope to see it soon.

amate!! thnx for stoppin in! took the pics close up cuz he was small but hes only 6inch!lol! the finish was tough cuz he was small and i was away from my goodies at home! lol! i bought a small detail paint brush and some flat enamel black paint and put it in all the grooves and where i like to have contrast then had to sand off any over paint(very annoying!) then staind w red oak stain two light coats let dry and thande w semi gloss thane. thats it! and as for speacial projects.... yes i have two that im almost ready to get goin on! one is an outdoor kitchen/tiki hut w a small bar and lots of cool tiki stuff!!! the other is a suprise!! haha its gonna be cool!! i have three tikis i need to do for a pet shop right away but the customer wants something cheap that looks old so they should be pretty easy to get out of the way! and i will be postin pics of all. thnx again for stoppin in and come on back anytime!!!! cheerz!!

C

I like the little guy. How long did it take you? I was thinking of trying a small tiki lilke that before i go for the full body one.

claq!!! this one took about five hrs i did a seacond also and it only took about four(still waitin for a pic from the gift recever!)I only have one knife for yhis kind of small work but will be gettin a set of four flex cut carvin knives soon!! that should speed up things w the detail work and soforth!! and yeah i could see where it wld be usefull doin a mini first and have seen other guys on this site do exactly that. cheerz and thx for stoppin in!! come by anytime!

B

BTScott, this 6 incher is Way cool, lotsa nice detail. Small pieces are great in that when you get back to a big one yopu see All this Real estate where you can put detail, it's a whole new perspective.

benz!! thnx for stoppin in and the kind words!! yeah it was realy fun and i def see what your sayin about goin from small to big its like wow lokkat what i could do here or arnd here or ........ cheerz!!!

drasticwagon!! i think i missed a reply here !! srry!! yeah it waas not wrkin ...knife,wood, steering wheel, gas,road , and watchin what im cuttin the road traffic!!! wifey lended some wheel time so i cld carve!! lovin that in a lady!! thanx for the kind words and stoppin in!! comon back anytime!! cheerz!!

T

Good stuff! Those little ones are indeed hard to do. I love your style.

thnx bigt!!!yes indeedy they were a challange! but it was fun doin it all w a knife!! thnx for stoppin in and come back anytime! cheerz!!

T

On 2009-12-17 18:58, BIG tiki scott wrote:
thnx bigt!!!yes indeedy they were a challange! but it was fun doin it all w a knife!! thnx for stoppin in and come back anytime! cheerz!!

Oh, and glad to see ur gettin some use outta that exercise bench. :P :P

hell yeah!!! lol! gonna be carvin that one up this comin week and the bench go by by gotta gym membership so......!! cheerz!

OK!!!! heres the latest!! hes 5 and hlf ft tall carved from sabal palm. he is carved for an exotic pet shop tha has a VERY TROPICAL theme!! first of at least three. the customer wanted sumthin that looks old and not too finished and a bit rough as too look old and found. hes not dun but i burnd early too see what kind of tweeks he needs and will be finished up tmrw will post pics.hes also gettin sum headress action!! wish i coulda dun a real finished piece w this log as it is a pretty good one! but hey what ever they want right!! will post installed pics too! also pics from another project i am workin on!! hope all had a great holiday!!! cheerz!!

[ Edited by: BIG tiki scott 2009-12-26 19:26 ]

oops!!!

[ Edited by: BIG tiki scott 2009-12-26 19:36 ]

A
amate posted on Sun, Dec 27, 2009 4:42 AM

Big Tiki- I was wondering what you had in mind for those logs you posted some time ago. Way to break out the big guns!

B

Nice one, Love the sanded finish, very clean.

Carve deeper!

amate!! correcto you are this is one of those logs!! thnx for the props!! very appreiciated!!

benz!! always a pleasure! thnx for stoppin in and the kind words!! too kind realy he just wasnt where i wanted him!! but i think hes way better now!! thnx again benz!!

alohastation!! thnx for stoppin in and havin a look!! hopfully its just those pics thght i was goin pretty deep!? but i will def heed those words in the future! hope you check out the new finished pics as they show him better.

and soo..... here are the finished pics(he has a flat back cuz gettin mounted to a wall)he has a flatt stain and outdoor oil finish. also here is the pic of my mother load of coconut palm logs!!!! there between 5and hlf ft to about three ft! cherrz all and thnx for lookin!!!!

by the way anybody know where or what happend to tigodz or furball!?

Awesome Job

drasticwagon!!!! thnx for stoppin in and the props much appreiciated!!!! hope to have more pics of new stuff soon! cheerz!!!

hello all!! heres the latest!! my first real try at a moai. he still has some dryin b4 i can sand him down more but hes close! hes 39 inchs tall and carved from coconut palm. also included is a log i just got dressed and moved in to the shop to dry. i have posted pics of another that has a rootball also i received both at the same time and now im ready for some chop chop on both!! this is def the larger of the two w a base of 13 in and a top of about20in!! and stands about 5ft 10in!they are both washington palms. thnx for lookin and cheerz!!

B

Cool Moai and Cooler Hairy log! Can't wait to see what he becomes and how much "Hair: you can leave.
Careful on that tiki in the background with going on those thin legs,, the palm doesn't have the strength in the long run to hold up that body without some help. Still Nice tiki!

BENZ!! thnx for stoppin in and the kind words!! as for hairy log im still developing ideas so we shall see hahahahaaa!!! as for tiki in da bckgrnd i felt the same way so i left him a seat so to speak if you look behind his hands and legs. also he has a flat back and will be mounted flat against the wall so that shld givem a little help too!! in the future i def plan on leavin more beef in da bottom of these types!! thnx for lookin out for the welfare of my tikis!! thnx again and happy new year to you and yours!!! AND EXTRA CHEERZ TONIGHT!!!

hello all!! just postin some pics of a lamp i made for my outdoor kitchen/tiki bar/ tiki hut!! the inspiration for this lamp came from a pic we all see when johnny p makes a post. it is a glass w a very very cool base wich i just had to do for this lamp!!! johnny p i hope you dont mind and please take this as a huge compliment cuz it is so bad ass!! this is just a test hanging in the shop and i have a few more tweeks and it shld be all ready to go!! had a hard time w pics and will post more in sunlight b4 hangin and in its finished location!! thnx for lookin and cheerz to all!!

B

Really Cool looking Lamp Scott, Nice to see some new ideas all lit up.
Way to go on that tiki,, Sure fooled me!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 275 replies