Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Gallery

Wendy Cevola ceramics to painting. I love doing tiki art.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 458 replies

HUGE Maori jar. The third from the mold. Another 1/1. This one is for the show at XIEM in Pasadena August 29th, 2015.

This show is tonight. The HUGE Maori jar posted above is my submission to the art show.

I hope there is a good attendance with many photos taken so I can see the show through you! Wendy

It's been too long since I had something to post here. I've completed sculpting another Wish List this one is #6. The first load of many to come is out of the kiln and I'll start adding them to this thread.

The KISS mugs were made for Psycho Tiki D.

Cheers, Wendy

More of Wish List #6 January 2016.

Just a sleepy Tiki Bob necklace.

This is a fogcutter mug for my nephew whose initials are BMW. I carved all the patterns so it's a 1/1.

This mug had a large chip out of the top that happened during the Napa earthquake last year. I repaired
the chip and made the mug a blotchy color so the repair wouldn't show.

I made a replacement mug for Savage Tiki who was hit hard by the earthquake.

This mug has been made for the February 2016 Season's of Tiki Swap on the "other crafts" page.
Mine it the Season of Love, Space person celebrating Valentine's Day. Crazy huh?

After finishing the sculpting for the Wish List #6 I had pieces left over and so I made these Frankoma Tiki wall disks.

This is us.

This mug was made for kingstiedye aka Bullet.

More soon, Wendy

[ Edited by: danlovestikis 2016-01-23 09:43 ]

Here's what I still need to glaze to finish Wish List #6.

These two sets of Wedding mugs are secrets so I can't show the backs or bottoms.

It's time to get back to work! Wendy

Wow Wendy
These colors make your amazing art pop

Hugs
Jon

Thank you, hang10tiki. It's good to know that someone checked out this page.

I painted this as if the fogcutter mold was my canvas. I'm so happy it turned out. Now I'll do this style as requested on future Wish Lists.

More finished projects for Wish List #6

This Wish was done for the wife of Joshua Bell.

He wanted the Tiki Bob pole that is still standing in the location of the San Francisco restaurant done as it is today.

==

I made another Fun Fake mug for Kenneth Graham McNeil. It says this on the bottom so no one would be fooled for long.

Creepybear ordered these Wishes to celebrate their anniversary.

H

I always love your stuff, Wendy, but Creepybear's anniversary mugs are just fantastic! Really love that whole concept.

HopeChest thank you very much. I post here as I finish pieces which isn't all that often. I'm really happy when I see a comment because I think of this thread as being forgotten most of the time.

=================
More projects for Wish List #6

Spock Bob for comicbookhero aka Michael Moskop

Ken Ruzic painting turned into a bowl for Jen Tiki.

[ Edited by: danlovestikis 2016-03-07 12:41 ]

A few more Tiki Bob's made during the Wish List. I can't keep my hands off Bob!

Wish List #6 projects continue to be completed one by one.

First up Dan's Will Work For Tikis Tiki Modern mug. Slowhandtikiman do you like these colors?

Then for Howard in Maui the Lanai San Mateo mug.

Next the wall plaque and mug for Barb.

Last but not least the Octopus who captured Tiki Bob mug for lunavideogames.

Wow
The greatness goes on and on

Thank you hang10tiki.

Wish List #6 another kiln load is out and a few pieces need a re-glaze but overall it's time to put Dan to work shipping.

Here's the top layer with the posts that protect popping glaze crystals from reaching other pieces.

Removed.

Second layer.

Bottom Layer.

While unloading I check each piece to see if it needs more work or is done.

Dan's work payment number 1.

Number 2.

Number 3.

For atomicktikichick.

For James.

For James.

For Kenneth.

Same.

For Rich.

Same.

For Rich.

For Theo Stool but is re-firing.

For Jessica.

Now it's back to work. Cheers, Wendy

8T

Wendy, that kiln of yours has probably produced more smiles than any other in history. :o :)

8FT Tiki what a wonderful comment. I'll try to live up to that. Wendy

Luna's Octo-Bob is Amazing

And love the Frankoma bowl in the classic Frankoma color

Awesomeness as always W

hang10tiki I love how you write me notes so often. I always smile.

The Wish List #6 has been completed. I will post all the photos today.

slowhandtikiman's Tiki Modern mug.

===========================================================

Next up is Freddie C.'s dying devil mug.

====================================================

The Gilligan's Island mug is for Tiki Wahini.

=====================================================

The Offering is the creation of IDoVooDoo.

With these photos I have officially finished the Wish List #6.

Since there is an aversion to Jimmy Buffet on TC the name of who ordered them are kept secret.

Based on a drawing and painting by zerostreet these mugs were made with permission for Kenneth G. McNeil.

Done and shipped. Thank you all for the orders that kept me busy for 6 months. Up next, the Sacramento Crawl mug. Cheers, Wendy

G
GROG posted on Sat, Apr 2, 2016 11:11 PM

Your BEST mug yet.

Congrats on the Tiki Mag feature.

Hugs-----GROG

ALL the mugs are great
And all your hard work is appreciated
Again, another wish list full of goodness and fun

Grog- what's up Bruddah?

H

Stunning stuff as always, Wendy!

hang10tiki ahhhhhhhh thank you. Come visit.

HopeChest you are really close so you should come see us someday too.

Thank you both very much, Wendy

F
Fugu posted on Thu, Apr 28, 2016 5:57 PM

All of these look fantastic. You are SO talented!

Thank you Fugu, that means a lot. I do this art just so I have fun comments to read. You made my day, Wendy

GROG so sorry I missed your post. Thank you. They were so much hard work to make. I was happy that it worked. See you in August, Wendy

I had a couple of pieces left over and stuck them together. The two glazes went to war with each other. Just another fun failure that's OK.

Um. So......

This post is just the most prolific collection of art I've seen in some time!! Variety! Color! Awesomeness!!

A new fan in Texas Wendy!! Wow......

Hami-The-Tiki-Torch thank you very much. I once touched down at the Dallis airport so I've been to your state. I'm very happy to know someone there. Keep up the great work, Wendy

Love the forbidden island and all the awesome bob variations. It takes finesse to work with such a simple theme/type without getting lost in the modifications/details-
Those volcano bobs are amazing

ARTalaDANG I enjoy working on Tiki Bob's when watching mindless TV shows. He's just a fun one to carve. Thank you for taking a look.

==========================

These first two photos showing THE Jungle Bird mug came out better than my black velvet photos so I'm posting them also.

A new tiki bar is going to open in Sacramento, CA. It is called The Jungle Bird. I was asked to take their signature tiki and logo and to make a mug for one of the owners Buddy. It is now ready for him to drink from opening night. This is a 1/1 mug. No mold except for the fogcutter base.

==

Somehow I can't seem to find an image of this mug among my photos. It is based on a slit drum found in Disneyland in the 50's or 60's.

Wedding mugs for Nat and Shannon for October 2016.

This is the HUGE Tiki Bob Hula Girl Monkey bowl made for Owen Wright and finished on 7/21/16.

The words spread out on the bottom so there's a bit of enamel paint to make them readable.

PS
These are most but not all of the jars of glaze it took to do this one bowl!

[ Edited by: danlovestikis 2016-07-21 08:23 ]

8T

Wendy, that's a spectacular result. I bet you're glad it's done! You can make anything.

8FT Tiki thank you. I have fun trying to make the Wishes come true. I've sure made things that I'd never have done without these requests. I'm lucky to be a glaze horder! Wendy

I think I've come up with my best idea so far. Necklaces of rear ends sitting on feet. Hula Tramp Stamps at the lower back!!!

My husband says I better stick with the Hot Tub Hula Girls.

This Diamond Head Island with Hawaiian Hilton Village Tower mug was made for Danno.

When I was asked to do this mug I was allowed to come up with the design. DixonAlibi mentioned adding a hula girl. I went to an old album from 2005 and found our photos of our trip to Portland.

The mug is much darker than it shows here in the sunlight. No matter how I photographed it the darkness doesn't show up well. It has the ambiance of the Alibi.

[ Edited by: danlovestikis 2016-07-30 08:02 ]

I did a black velvet painting for the Tiki Oasis 16 art show. I also included a matching mug.

The title is Scared in Disneyland.

Here is the story of my painting. I don't like to put my name on the painting so I do it on the back.

This summer I was so fortunate to be featured in Tiki Magazine. My complete art history was documented. Well I think the part about doing oxygen acetylene torch welding didn't make it in nor the attempt to make candles. Otherwise it's a perfect article and I'll always be thankful to Psycho Tiki D aka Duane Orzol and Tiki Hula aka Mike Remmel for all their work to pull this off. Of course thank you to Amy and Jeff at Tiki Magazine.

SACRAMENTO CRAWL MUG FOR 2016

Front exposed.

Back exposed.

Great page

I wore my necklace proudly at Oasis :)

Loved the black velvet there too

Keep up the fun

Jon

hang10tiki I wish I had seen you wearing the necklace. I think I will only do black velvets from now on. One or two per year. It's good to have them be rare.

Well of course here's another Tiki Bob. He ate a Huge meal and not he's not so well.

Phase 4 of the Hot Tub Hula Girls numbers 61 to 90.

This bowl is not finished but for now I'll share these photos. There are a few small glaze skips just above the hills. Also I need to work on the Moai's. I did a gloss background with a rocky feeling glaze on the Moai.

One day when this is finished I will replace these photos. Wendy

Here are the two video links. We are in tiki interview mode and we didn’t even ask for it!
The first one is the Sacramento Bee Newspaper and the second one is Channel 10 ABC news.

The videos are very different styles.

http://www.sacbee.com/food-drink/article123589749.html

http://www.abc10.com/mb/news/local/california/tiki-collections-in-the-sacramento-region/380853375

Tomorrow we will be in print in the Sacramento Bee. We are having a lot of unexpected fun. We were even a top Google news story yesterday.

The Tiki lifestyle is sure a fun one, Wendy

Love da video
Awesome...........

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 458 replies