Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Home Tiki Bars

The South Pacific Room-Vista,CA-updated 04/15/15

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 217 replies

A

Wow.

On 2014-05-04 16:23, Pele Paul wrote:
that's beyond incredible! looks like something made by master craftsman for the Disney Tiki room!!!!! I am speechless!!! truly a piece of fine art!!

This.

And a well deserved bump.

Truly my favorite carvings ever.

Thank You for sharing and inspiring!

Amazing, simply AMAZING!!!

G
GROG posted on Tue, May 13, 2014 12:19 PM

Awesome table, Monkeydude.

Impressive work, for a simian!

That table is very impressive. I always enjoy your design and routing work Monkeyman. :D

Wow. Wow wow wow!

WOW!

M

Absolutely beautiful! I don't know much about carving but using the router is something I never thought of! Thanks for the idea!]

[ Edited by: mymotiki 2014-05-16 15:38 ]

Niceeeeee!

T
TikiG posted on Tue, Jul 8, 2014 1:27 PM

Beautiful table! Thanks for sharing.

WOW! That table is so awesome!

[ Edited by: MissClaireTiki 2014-07-13 13:39 ]

Derek, my friend, I always have to pick my jaw up from the floor whenever I look at your thread. That table is another one of your amazing works of art. Thanks for always being such a great inspiration.
All the best. Take care,
John

Very Nice Work !!!

Its been a long time coming on this lamp. I started it a couple years ago and it just sat.
I finally decided it was time to just make it happen.

It finally combines most of my disciplines in a single object.

You are amazing. That is beautiful.

Derrick, Dat’s just beautiful!
Mahalo

T

Great Job!
A light for the ages.

C
cy posted on Thu, Dec 18, 2014 8:08 AM

Gorgeous lamp, great work!

T

Awesome as usual! How do you change the bulb?

someone with skinny forearms can reach inside of any of the openings on the bottom.

Extending the feel of the South Pacific Room to the backyard now....
This small a Frame will seat a couple people and get the sun off them while they sit pool side. Almost Cabana like.

Enjoy. More pics to follow as we complete

H

Looks like it's gonna be great. A friend of mine has a pool and some space next to it. I had told him an a-frame shade structure would look great there (this was about a year ago). Yours looks exactly like the shape and size I pictured. I'll be showing him this thread for sure. Maybe we can hire you to assist!

H
harro posted on Thu, Sep 3, 2015 9:01 PM

Hi Monkeyman,
This whole thread is inspirational. I especially love your awesome router work. I was wondering if you have any more pics of your A frame hut as I'm about to build one very similar. Did you finish it for summer?

Harro,

Here are a few more photos showing a mostly completed hut.
I still need to carve the panels that will mount to the front of the hut and I will also carve the prow that will mount to the front of the ridge beam.
For now I mounted remnants of the bamboo fencing and a plastic mask but eventually those will be replaced with router work.

Great work as always Derek ..thanks for sharing .

Your place is awesome and the backyard is certainly awesome.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 217 replies