I Am Tired Of...

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 392 replies

J

M Modern Gallery....

[ Edited by: JOHN-O 2011-05-20 22:26 ]

C
Cammo posted on Fri, May 20, 2011 5:14 PM

I SO HATE TV.

It's become embarrassing to even watch anything new with someone you know. Hi, would you like to watch the show with ugly fat guys yelling at each other or C girls pretending to be hot? No, I don't have any barf bags. And don't get me started on the "music" shows.

BUT -

Here's the thing - anybody seen the 2006 English show "Life On Mars"? It's pretty cool, and designed as a retro-70's show in every way. It's really weird, I take out DVDs of it from a local video store. They only made 2 seasons of it, 8 episodes each!

On 2011-05-20 17:14, Cammo wrote:
I SO HATE TV......anybody seen the 2006 English show "Life On Mars"?

Wife and I watched it Cam. It was good.

I Am Tired Of... good shows being canceled!
The Chicago Code (best cop show since The Shield except no cursing and no tits)
Terriers (took place here in SD, O.B 2B specific)
The Unit (great specops/seal team kinda show)
The Shield, The freakin Shield? That was "bite your nails to your shoulders" action & drama!
I never saw Lie to Me (had Tim Roth).
Shawn Ryan has some bad luck with his shows!!

Is it just me, or is the world getting more stupid and slow every day?

I just got done at the market. They have an "express" checkout line. Believe me, there is nothing express about it. I was in that line for ten minutes.

I watch the customers, questioning every item's price...even though all the items are marked with their price...I see people slowly pulling out pennies and nickles and painstakingly counting them out, then handing them to the cashier. The cashier looks stupidly at them, they look even more befuddled. Of course, they have not given him the right amount. So, the hand goes back in the wallet or coin purse, and the entire process begins anew.

The checker himself, a young kid, looks like he is frozen in amber. Or at least, he moves like he is. There is no sense of urgency. Watching him get a customer's change is like watching ice freeze.

All in all, it seems like the simplest activities are TOO MUCH for these people. They are content to spend endless amounts of times engaging in processes that should be completely quickly. It's ten minutes of my life I cannot get back. And before you say, "relax Lucas, it's only ten minutes"...I will answer "yes, but you add all the 10 minutes together and 90% of your day is spent waiting in line, or in traffic because that light turns green, and you are at the back of a long train of 10-15 cars...and NO ONE is moving!"

I am starting to really identify with that guy in the movie, "falling down".

For the record, my transaction at that register took about 12 seconds.

J

On 2011-05-20 13:07, telescopes wrote:

On 2011-05-19 15:27, lucas vigor wrote:
“The Wrecking Crew”

Everything about these guys is big and noisy. They pass through life generating a very big wake, and all the little boats get tossed around in the currents behind them.

Can someone please explain this to me?

Lucas:

Very, very well put. Happens here where I work out as well.

I do have to disagree about the "big wake". Actually, their wake is kinda small and in the end, they are nothing more than insignificant parts of the faceless masses that make up the back lot of America.

This is the BEST that they can do. This is their high-water mark.

When they are gone, no one will specifically miss them.

Guys, that's just hardcore gym culture...

Attitude = Testosterone = Performance = Gains

I work out at Gold's in Venice which is "Meathead" and "Fitness Chick" Central. Most of those people are actually pretty friendly if you chat with them or need a spot.

My favorite places to be are either in the gym or at the bar.

My role models in life are gym rats and bar flys. :)

On 2011-08-12 12:44, lucas vigor wrote:
All in all, it seems like the simplest activities are TOO MUCH for these people. They are content to spend endless amounts of times engaging in processes that should be completely quickly. It's ten minutes of my life I cannot get back. And before you say, "relax Lucas, it's only ten minutes"...I will answer "yes, but you add all the 10 minutes together and 90% of your day is spent waiting in line, or in traffic because that light turns green, and you are at the back of a long train of 10-15 cars...and NO ONE is moving!"

For the record, my transaction at that register took about 12 seconds.

Henry Rollins mentions simular people in his monologue Airport Hell. He calls these people Time Murderers.

On 2011-08-12 13:40, JOHN-O wrote:

On 2011-05-20 13:07, telescopes wrote:

On 2011-05-19 15:27, lucas vigor wrote:
“The Wrecking Crew”

Everything about these guys is big and noisy. They pass through life generating a very big wake, and all the little boats get tossed around in the currents behind them.

Can someone please explain this to me?

Lucas:

Very, very well put. Happens here where I work out as well.

I do have to disagree about the "big wake". Actually, their wake is kinda small and in the end, they are nothing more than insignificant parts of the faceless masses that make up the back lot of America.

This is the BEST that they can do. This is their high-water mark.

When they are gone, no one will specifically miss them.

Guys, that's just hardcore gym culture...

Attitude = Testosterone = Performance = Gains

I work out at Gold's in Venice which is "Meathead" and "Fitness Chick" Central. Most of those people are actually pretty friendly if you chat with them or need a spot.

My favorite places to be are either in the gym or at the bar.

My role models in life are gym rats and bar flys. :)

Like "muscled up Bukowski's" ? a drink for all my Gym friends!

Today's Country Music. Particulary Toby Keith who has the worst voice on the radio, Tim McGraw who should be delivering pizzas, and Kenny Chesney who has become a younger, balder version of Jimmy Buffett with a twang.

This seems like a place to post ridiculous quotes from advertising -

"It's a fact that childen who sleep better might perform better in school"

"... is the exclusive dealer for brands that can't be bought anywhere else in the Valley" (yes, that's what I thought "exclusive" meant)

Tiki Drama.

W

Added bits of talk or found sound or false starts at the beginning and/or end of songs AND "bonus" tracks hidden after many minutes of silence at the end of an album (especially "bonus" tracks which are nothing more than a sound collage made up of studio chit chat and bad takes).

Sometimes it works and ain't intrusive, and in the context of an entire album it's usually OK. But when hearing the song in a mix of all your music it can really screw up the flow. I hate hearing one song end then "Blah-blah-blah-ha-ha-ha!!!" before the next cut begins. The huge wad of silent minutes that some tracks are buried behind are also annoying as suddenly the music just stops and you're left wondering if the iPod powered down or if all the power just went out cuz it's the end-o-the-world.

Another reason I'm tired of it is that it's all been done before and unless you're absolutely in L-O-V-E with a band it rarely adds anything to the listening experience.

But what I really hate the most about it is that it forces me to crack open the tune and edit the start or end time to get rid of the noise and since I'm one of these idiots who will constantly tweak and retweak stuff until it's exactly just right this wastes valuable minutes (OK, hours) of my time which could be better spent posting rants on Tiki Central.

People who complain about the glorious and wonderful hidden bonus tracks on albums..

W

Pot smoking scenes in movies and TV shows.

By now even the casual viewer has seen almost every sort of character get stoned and the hilarity that can ensue. And of course there's the extra hilarity of someone accidentally getting high from a pot laced baked good.

But if it was already used years ago as a plot device on Friends or Frasier it's a fairly worn out idea.

Yeah yeah yeah, "nothing new under the sun" and all that. But watching characters getting stoned is about as interesting as watching them browse paint chip samples at the hardware store.

Pot scenes are lazy writing, an easy device to reach for when some wackiness or slapstick is desired.

Or maybe pot scenes aren't lazy writing, they're just an example of the writers following the old advice "write what you know." If that's the case it could also explain how movies like The Green Hornet get written and produced.

On 2012-03-05 00:26, woofmutt wrote:
Pot smoking scenes in movies and TV shows.

By now even the casual viewer has seen almost every sort of character get stoned and the hilarity that can ensue. And of course there's the extra hilarity of someone accidentally getting high from a pot laced baked good.

But if it was already used years ago as a plot device on Friends or Frasier it's a fairly worn out idea.

Yeah yeah yeah, "nothing new under the sun" and all that. But watching characters getting stoned is about as interesting as watching them browse paint chip samples at the hardware store.

Pot scenes are lazy writing, an easy device to reach for when some wackiness or slapstick is desired.

Or maybe pot scenes aren't lazy writing, they're just an example of the writers following the old advice "write what you know." If that's the case it could also explain how movies like The Green Hornet get written and produced.

I concur.....

MT

Even if the hilarity that ensues is riding a cheetah? A cheetah WHO IS ALSO STONED???

Just thinking about those pot-smoking cheetah shenanigans makes me chortle. :lol:

(Album Version) when it's been added to every track title on an album for no reason.

Adding (Album Version) to a track title only makes sense if there was a single version of the song that was different from the album version. Songs like the Marshall Tucker Band's Heard It in a Love Song (shortened for a single release) or Madness's The Prince (a single on 2 Tone that they re-recorded for their debut album on Stiff Records) or Cheap Trick's I Want You to Want Me (of which the live recording is the version most everyone knows) could all benefit from (Album Version) or, if appropriate, (Single Version).

But adding (Album Version) to the title of tracks that only ever existed as album versions makes no sense at all. One may as well amend the track title with (Musical Version) or (Audio Version) or (Version that Follows the Track Before It and Precedes the Track After It).

What's most annoying about the unnecessary (Album Version) is that it forces me to edit every friggin track title that has it tacked on because I'm the sort of moron who will spend hours and hours and a few hours more trying to keep his iTunes/iPod as orderly as possible.

what's an Ipod ?

Jeff(btd)

On 2012-05-31 12:51, bigtikidude wrote:
what's an Ipod ?

Jeff(btd)

Why it's right next to your iVid, iGlass & iSexBot Jeff! I sure hope you have an iGravity Neutralizer
Get with the times, You silly midichlorians receptacle. :P Zero-G LOL

[ Edited by: Atomic Tiki Punk 2012-05-31 13:03 ]

you. I know a lot of idiots who think you're a genius, but I also know plenty of genius types who think you're an idiot. I'm having trouble deciding who's right, but perhaps we should put it to a vote?

You came out of a month long hiatus for that?

tiki-riviera, is it woofmutt or myself you are referring to? :wink:

ATP - I was referring to Woofmut. We've had a long running feud ever since the time he took my dog and shaved "I'm a cat" into his fur. Plus, he constantly whinges about dead space on albums..

Well that would chap my hide too, tiki-riviera
Maybe you should get even by shaving "I'm a Goldfish" into his cats fur.

But I find dressing other's pets up in little suits and ties to work nicely
also I am sick of all those naked pets running around, There should be a law!

W

I am tired of tiki-riviera's constant "Hey everybody! Look at me! Look at me! Hey! Hey! Look! Here I am! Hey! LOOK!!!"

Cheese Lewis, man, give yer finger tips a break once in a while!

And stop tryin to impress everybody with all those boring stories...

"I know a lot of idiots who think you're a genius, but I also know plenty of genius types who think you're an idiot."

Ha! Yer so fulla crap! Nobody thinks I'm a genius!

J

I wish when people "Reply" to a post that they wouldn't use the Quote button if it's obvious what they're replying to. The redundancy of the double text (and especially pictures) clutters up the thread. You especially don't need to do this if the post you're relying to is the latest one in the thread.

Also I hate the use of vague titles for new threads. One should be able to understand the intent or subject of a thread without having to drill into it.

Example, the recent "OK, this is a stretch..." in the General Forum.

On 2012-07-19 08:17, JOHN-O wrote:
I wish when people "Reply" to a post that they wouldn't use the Quote button if it's obvious what they're replying to. The redundancy of the double text (and especially pictures) clutters up the thread. You especially don't need to do this if the post you're relying to is the latest one in the thread.

Also I hate the use of vague titles for new threads. One should be able to understand the intent or subject of a thread without having to drill into it.

Example, the recent "OK, this is a stretch..." in the General Forum.

YEA!

W

I agree with both points, Mr. O. Unfortunately the quick and easy option will always predominate. The only thing people who give the rat's ass can do is hold to their standards and ideals. It's probably pointless, but since TV sucks we may was well spend our wasted time tryin to make TC suck less.

(The vague topics may not be the result of lack of effort as much as inability to communicate. A lot of people can't express even the simplest of ideas in anything but the most vague way.)

I'm tired of tedious foodies, anti-establishment posers and under-thirty know-nothings. That's why I LOVE the IFC show "Portlandia!"

Hey what's wrong with FOOD! :)

On 2012-07-21 12:48, Atomic Tiki Punk wrote:
Hey what's wrong with FOOD! :)

Absolutely nothing, which is why people should stop talking about it and just eat it. If you haven't seen it yet, this YouTube link will give you a taste of what you're missing...

http://www.ifc.com/portlandia/videos/portlandia-around-the-world-in-80-plates

[ Edited by: White Devil 2012-07-21 13:06 ]

"People should stop talking about it and just eat it."

That reminds me...

I'm tired of stories about my food.

If it's goat cheese just give me a general flavor profile. I don't need to hear about the variety of goat and how in ancient Greece they were regarded as Zeus's favorite and all the temples had them frolicking about. I don't care how the breed almost went extinct except for the "visionary" efforts of a trust fund "farmer" and his amazing organic farm collective. And I really don't care that these "miracle goats" are only given distilled rainwater to drink and "harmoniously grown" grains to eat especially if the cheese your making tastes the way my feet smell if I wear waterproof shoes in the summertime.

[ Edited by: woofmutt 2012-07-22 when he remembered that the completely fictional goat cheese he was writing about wasn't produced on a farm co-op but a farm collective. ]

[ Edited by: woofmutt 2012-07-22 10:27 ]

Which reminds me...

I'm tired of precious craft cocktails.

Just make me a decent Martini, damn it.

I don't need organic triple distilled gin infused with juniper berries from the east slopes of the Washington Cascades.

I don't need vermouth featuring heirloom Verdeca.

I don't need it shaken up with hand chipped "rosemary essenced" artesian spring water "slow ice."

And I don't need the Fleur de sel brined white oak barrel aged olive hand stuffed with a rose petal and stuck on a toothpick made from a Joshua Tree spine.

Just make me a decent Martini, damn it.

J

I'm tired of jumbo ice cubes...

To me they're a warning sign of an overpriced "craft" cocktail.

Just a few sips and your drink is finished and your wallet is $15 lighter. :(

Also I hate when a cocktail tastes more of flowers than it does of booze.

And I'm tired of people complaining about "craft cocktails" when in 98% of this country outside of hip, urban areas you can't even get a decent cocktail. Spend some time in "flyover country" where you basically take your life in your hands when you order a Manhattan or god forbid, a tiki drink!

J

Oh George !! :roll:

Watch this. :D

W

"And I'm tired of people complaining about "craft cocktails"..."*

I haven't heard all that many people complaining about craft cocktails. We must run in different circles.

Of course I myself am not one of those "complaining about "craft cocktails"..." The careful reader will have noted that I didn't say I was tired of craft cocktails or well crafted cocktails. I'm tired of precious craft cocktails, when it all gets so darling it sounds like a high end Hollywood caterer's pitch for a wedding reception. That sort of thing.

TM

On 2012-07-22 21:06, woofmutt wrote:
I'm tired of [i]precious* craft cocktails, when it all gets so darling it sounds like a high end Hollywood caterer's pitch for a wedding reception. That sort of thing.

That's awesome. I imagine the people drinking those closely resemble those hipsters in that recent photo posted here.

edit: yeah, I found it. These bastards.

I should like to see them soundly beaten. And I would like to take an active role in said beating.

They look like the 4 other guys that tried out for the role of "Hyde" on "that 70's show" but didn't get the part.

The guy on the left is sporting the Joseph Smith early mormon pioneer look.
The next guy looks like a bear "cub".
The next one actually almost got the part of "Hyde", but lost out because he doesn't believe in phones.
And the one on the far right? He should be hung just for wearing that sweater with those boots.

[ Edited by: lucas vigor 2012-07-22 22:05 ]

That reminds me, Tight clothes on chunky people, If you want to be fat
you have the right to be fat, but it should be against the law to be fat & wear skinny people clothes
it is just beyond good taste & hurts my eyes!

So embrace your fattiness, But dress appropriately.

I'm tired of the way fight scenes are filmed now. All a jumble of action too close to see what's really happening. What ever happened to CHOREOGRAPHY!? I guess this is a lot cheaper ~ you can take 2 random people, dress them in the actors' clothes, and in about 10 minutes have the bulk of the fight scene filmed. Then just intersperse some shots of the real actors' grunting faces and you're done. Save the cash for more important things like excessive salaries for the superstars and food service!

Right on! Mike, Major complaint of mine also

I am sick of shakey cam work & curse the ground that "Michael Bay" walks on!
The only good fight scenes are in Asian movies these days, Last US movie I saw that had
good fight scenes was "Haywire"

TM
W

I should like to see them soundly beaten. And I would like to take an active role in said beating.

They look like the 4 other guys that tried out for the role of "Hyde" on "that 70's show" but didn't get the part.

The guy on the left is sporting the Joseph Smith early mormon pioneer look.
The next guy looks like a bear "cub".
The next one actually almost got the part of "Hyde", but lost out because he doesn't believe in phones.
And the one on the far right? He should be hung just for wearing that sweater with those boots.

-lucas vigor-

I am tired of people suggesting acts of violence merely because they have a difference of taste or opinion with someone. People like that should be ran off a cliff.

I'm also tired of really funny things getting lost in waves of stuff that isn't funny or interesting because I don't think it's funny or interesting.

Lucas's hipster profiles were very funny. (Personally I gotta wonder how many more times in my lifetime shaggy hair, beards, plaid shirts, and work clothes will be "hip.")

TM

I am sick of...

...garden flags.

I am tired of POLITICS AND RELIGION IN THE SAME BREATH

I am sick of Sandra Dee's (Liz) vile & vicious personal attacks!
I have never met anyone so full of hate as she is
and in my book, That is not Tiki!

People who reek. STOP wearing so much damn perfume! It's not just the ladies, I'm also speaking to you, Sir.
YOU STINK.

J

I am tired of first wave Tiki Revivalists saying "Tiki Central ?? Oh, I never even look at TC anymore."

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 392 replies