Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Crafts

TikiG's Gallery of Paintings

Pages: 1 2 3 4 176 replies

Nice canyon in "La'ila'i of the Kumulipo" (I'm talking about the one under the bridge, not the one between her breastesses you perverts! :lol: )

You really do people well Greg, hope you get some more portrait commissions. Always good to get some cash for more art supplies. And painting with a knife, that's pretty impressive!

Lovin your art, Wendy

T

Thanks for the positive vibes regarding my latest post - I'm pleased to announce that "Waikiki from my Balkoni" has found a buyer and a new home...bravo! Cheers! G

Daaaaang Boy!
This whole page shows such a maturation of styles!
You're on fire,Daddy-O!
Keep em coming!
"Welcome To Pacific Ocean Park" has such a playfulness about it!
and the colors and everything! SPOT-ON!
"La'ila'i of the Kumulipo"
The colrs,the bridge,the waterfalls,the volcanoes in the distance
the foreboding sky
and the muted tones od the girl with that insane blue of the bridge
masterpiece,buddy!
"Waikiki from my Balkoni" and "Fortune Giver"
both have this rawness,this real sensation of the paint and of texture
great work G!

T

Wow! Thanks Ken - good to hear from you as always. Happy Halloween! G

We need to do another collaboration SOON!!!

T
TikiG posted on Tue, Nov 8, 2011 11:20 AM

Aloha tiki peeps!

A couple of "quickies" I've done over the past few days...just a prelude for things to come.

"Tahitian Motor Hotel"
Acrylics on 8" x 10" canvas panel.
October 4, 2011.

"Lonely Sea"
Acrylics on 8" x 10" canvas panel.
October 7, 2011.

Good to see you stoppin' by and saying hello. Mahalo! G

Really dig the Lonely Sea one! You really captured the ocean waves.

So how is the POP one coming along? Anxious to see your progress. :wink:

Greg, I'm not very refined and I have a hard time "getting" abstracts. So I Googled Tahitian Motor Hotel to help me decipher it and your 2 paintings are number 2 & 3 out of 170,000 on Google images! :lol: But I do get the waves and it's bitchin' :D

Mike

T

Aloha!

Here's a piece I did as an homage to bigbrotiki -

"The nucleus of the tiki explosion"
Acrylics and ink on 16" X 20" canvas panel.
January 25, 2012.

Presented to bigbrotiki last night!

If you care to view the my latest non-tiki related projects I've completed recently, please check out my gallery on facebook. Peace and Love - G

Hi TikiG good to see you post here again.
I wish you had a photo of
Sven with the painting held next to his cheek.
Have you seen the Zombie Torch? You have the clay prototype from our swap?
Cheers, Wendy

T

Hi Wendy -

Yeah its great to be back here on TC...I've been busy with all sorts of painting projects, not all of it is polypop related so I refrain from posting the non-tiki stuff here.

I do keep an eye with all the latest art here on TC although I may not respond with the normal "I like" response. I love anything hand-made and from the heart regardless of the subject matter.

I do keep up with your art here, and what can I say regarding your art Wendy?

Well please allow me say "You've come a long way baby!!"

My art swap piece from you is a treasured piece and yes I have it, it always receives the highest props from friends. Its a piece of history that never fails to give me great vibes. I do want to say I'm saving up to purchase one of those beautiful chunky resin lamps you collaborate on (soon hopefully.)

Thanks for stopping by and saying hello! G

Well TikiG what can I say except you fed my ego. I really enjoyed what you just wrote. Thank you very much, Wendy

Greg, good to see you posting again. I think you are one who can go into the "Growing Artistically" column too - your portraits have gotten amazing over the few years I have been watching.

So is Sven going for some moko? :D

anything new Greg?

T
TikiG posted on Thu, May 24, 2012 7:33 PM

Aloha!

I'm posting a quickie pair-o-paintings I finished this evening -

"Wood & Stone"
Acrylics/ ink wash on 5" x 7" canvas panels.
Recycled wooden frames bought at a thrift shop.
May 24, 2012.

I know they're elementary in style and presentation - but exactly what the client wants!

Plenty more in the works, I'll be posting again sometime (soon I hope.) Cheers! G

I like'em, especially the warm "Wood" one. Good to finally meet you and Mel Saturday

Great stuff as always, Greg!

T
TikiG posted on Sat, May 26, 2012 7:28 AM

MDM & ZeroTiki - Thank You, gentlemen!

Hi Tiki G, its so fun to have met you at Caliente. I really like these two tikis in frames. You got them to look like they are alive with personality rather than stiff wood and stone. It gives a very strange vibe that makes them different. Good job, Wendy

T

@Wendy - Thank You!

The following painting is a Tura Satana study I did over the Memorial Day weekend - a warm-up piece using acrylics - for another portrait that will be painted in oils instead and submitted to the Tura Tura Tura II art show at the M Modern Gallery in Palm Springs, CA on Friday, July 6, 2012.

"Tura Satana Study #2"
Acrylics on 16" x 20" gesso board.
May 28, 2012.

Thanks for stoppin' by - more art posting soon! G

Nice Greg!

T
TikiG posted on Fri, Jun 29, 2012 9:37 AM

Aloha! Just posting my latest work here in case you didn't see it on the other thread-

"Pele-At-The-Beach #1"
Acrylics on 16" x 20" stretched canvas.
June 26, 2012.

This piece will be my contribution to the Tiki Central Pele/Fire/Volcano 2012 Art Swap. Enjoy! G

T
TikiG posted on Fri, Jul 6, 2012 11:08 AM

Aloha!

I'm right in the middle of a painting frenzy this first week of July 2012 and it feels righteous! Two art galleries have called me in to participate in their shindigs so I'm so very honored & grateful to be allowed through the front door (no begging at the back-door...hum that smells of kink) with billing along side the masters too, wow whoopie holy-crap whoa f'reals.

So, with all that in mind, I have done a couple very loose paintings over the past few days to limber up and get creative juices flowing. You may consider them quick studies of color and composition.

First up is not a poly-pop subject but one dear to me, a portrait study of one of L.A.'s great rock and roll poet and performing icons - taken from a clip off of American Bandstand:

"Tribute to Arthur Lee"
Acrylics on 11" x 14" canvas panel.
July 1, 2012.

Second up is a poly-pop subject that was influenced by the question "what makes YOUR tiki happy?" So I'm wracking my brain trying to come up with a clever mind-image free of sexual innuendo (art-gallery request) and I just begin to think "what if tiki himself doesn't know?" or "do I paint a tiki psyche based on superficial or spiritual ideals?" Then I began to think of those souls who do not stop and smell the roses along the way, those who do not see beauty at all, those who fail to step out into the light but decide to cower in darkness...taking brush in-hand, this painting emerged off the easel as easy as drinking a Mai Tai:

"Won't You Come Out To Play?"
Acrylics on 11" x 14" canvas panel.
July 5, 2012.

• not exactly what I'll produce for the art show but it does capture a sub-conscious mood I was going for.

Hope you enjoy these two, I'm curious to read what you think - all the while I'll be at the easel working on more creations. Enjoy and I'll post more in a couple days. Mahalo and Cheers! G

Kinda feel the feeling of pity for the lil' tiki there in the cave. A beautiful place, but nobody to play with in the sand, sun, and the ocean blue. Very cool G! Definitely has depth...

Great paintings Greg but your tiki doesn't look very hapi! :D

T
TikiG posted on Wed, Jul 11, 2012 2:49 PM

Aloha! Here is my submission for the "What Makes Your Tiki Hapi?" group exhibition at the Elroy Artspace gallery in Portland, Oregon next month - much more in-line with what I wanted to convey in a painting. Allow me to unveil:

"Happy at Lenape"
Acrylics on 16" x 20" canvas panel.
July 1. 2012.

Lenape was the site of an amusement park in Pennsylvania that featured an classic old wooden roller-coaster. Like so many American treasures, this ride closed in 1980 and was bulldozed into oblivion shortly thereafter.

note: tiki figures are riding the coaster - kinda hard to tell in the photo - Hapi Tiki in front seat along with Moai heads etc.

Hope you dig it! Any comments greatly appreciated. Mahalo! G

This is so cool. I love those wooden roller coasters and your painting captures the beauty and fun really well. I could see Hapi up front. Wendy

T
TikiG posted on Tue, Jul 1, 2014 1:21 PM

Wow! Its been a while and I'm back!!
I've just finished my latest painting. I'm returning to a tiki-theme once again to celebrate the warmth of summer albeit sun baked in the Inland Empire...I layered this one up good - plenty of hidden spirits to catch your eye and keep you amused. Enjoy!

"The Van Sickle Trio"
Acrylics on 16 x 20 stretched canvas
June 16-30, 2014

Available for purchase - PM me if interested. Thanks, TikiG

Very Cool Greg!
Summer is HERE!
Such an Atmosphere!
Glad you're still keeping the torch lit!

T
TikiG posted on Thu, Jul 3, 2014 12:06 PM

Thanks for the reply Ken! We must have a art jam this summer - its been way too long since our last one. G

Tiki G!!!! Good to see you here. Nice work :)

H

Mr. G. nice to hear from you, nice painting, I specially like the waterfall.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 176 replies