Tiki Central / Other Crafts

TikiG's Gallery of Paintings

Pages: 1 2 3 4 176 replies

T
TikiG posted on Sat, Dec 18, 2010 1:42 PM

Thanks, Jim!

T
TikiG posted on Sun, Feb 27, 2011 5:48 PM

Wow! Two months go by really quick my friends - didn't notice the clock and I rarely wear a watch but I'm back with a little sumptin' to prove I have been alive and well...dig this little canvas I just finished that is a "getting my feet wet" primer for a couple more of this type to follow:

"The Family That Stays Together"
Acrylics on 9" x 12" canvas panel.
February 18-27, 2011.

I have another shrunken heads painting in-process that I'll post later this week. Aloha! G

Greg, I almost missed this! Looks great, good to have you back :)

T
TikiG posted on Tue, Mar 8, 2011 1:50 PM

Aloha Tiki peeps!!

As promised - here's another shrunken-head themed painting I just finished this morning.
I call it "Meet The Pauless!

Acrylics on 14" x 18" canvas panel.

Based upon the "Paul is dead" rumors of the late '60s with just a little twist of TikiG satire thrown in for good measure. I hope you like it!

This painting is a practice piece for three others to follow - one will be a black velvet painting - to be completed for the "Hunters & Collectors" art show in Anaheim next month (I have to wait until after the show opening to post 'em.)

I'm working on my Tonga Hut Tiki Bob painting and another piece for El Gato Gomez right now which I'll share here when they're finished okay? Cheers! G

[ Edited by: TikiG 2011-03-08 14:07 ]

T
TikiG posted on Thu, Mar 10, 2011 4:54 PM

Aloha!

Back to my tiki roots, here's one I finished this afternoon...

"Beauty...In The Eye of the Beholder"
Ink wash & acrylics on 16" x 20" canvas panel.

March 10, 2011.

I started this piece at Ruzik's Bat Cave a month ago and decided to finish it today. I had no idea what the painting was going to be when I started, but it all turned out well. Enjoy!

More to come, stay tuned! G

"...started this piece at Ruzik's Bat Cave..."

Hmmm, I can see the "herbal" influence :lol: Great job Greg!

T
TikiG posted on Tue, Mar 29, 2011 8:51 AM

Aloha!

My latest painting - for the Tiki Bob 2011 on-line art show organized by Grog

"The Night Bob met Bob"
Acrylics on 16" X 20" canvas panel.
March 28, 2011.

Thanks for tuning in my friends...more to follow very soon. G

T

Love the expression on this painting, 'G. Oh, I think we've all been there at some point! Nice piece but we missed you at Sunday's show...

T
TikiG posted on Tue, Mar 29, 2011 6:48 PM

You like? I like you like

Thanks Stephen!

PS: Miss you guys too - I just can't do Sunday evening events...

Very cool TG, a few more of those and he'll look like The Incredible Melting Man :lol:

T
TikiG posted on Tue, Mar 29, 2011 8:01 PM

MDM - Thanks for inspiring a painting I must do someday-what people look like after a cup or two of electric Kool-Aid...FREAK FREELY Y'ALL! :)

T
TikiG posted on Wed, Apr 6, 2011 12:43 AM

Tiki peeps - Hello!

Back again with another painting, this time not poly-pop but colorful and full of life regardless. This is my swap painting I did for El Gato Gomez from PA. I hope you like it as much as I did painting it.

"Ascension de El Gato"
Acrylics on 16" x 20" canvas panel.
March 2011.

Back to the easel tomorrow. I'm finishing up a little something for Benzart and then starting a portrait for Sabrina Smith Saxon, then back to my two Coney Island amusement ride pieces for little lost tiki's final swoop-o-the-brush additions...busy busy!! Oh yeah, new post should be next week when I unveil my three pieces painted for the Hunters and Collectors art show that opens this Saturday in Anaheim. Cheers! G

TikiG

tiki since '67!

[ Edited by: TikiG 2017-03-02 11:56 ]

T
TikiG posted on Mon, May 9, 2011 12:43 PM

Aloha! Back again this afternoon with a few more entries for the TikiG art gallery!

The first three pieces were shown at the Hunters and Collectors Art Show in Anaheim:

"Shrinky's Drive In"
Acrylics on 8" x 10" canvas panel.
April 2011.

"Catch of the Day"
April 2011.

"Mommy and Baby"
April 2011.

The last piece is my latest work and follows my love for all things Pacific Ocean Park (P.O.P.) -

"Neptune's Courtyard"
May 5, 2011.

Thanks for droppin' in. Working on many new pieces right now - I should be able to post some new pieces by the end of the week. Cheers! G

You're a sick and twisted man Greg but a good artist! :lol: I hear Shrinky's has good head.

T
TikiG posted on Mon, May 9, 2011 2:23 PM

..."Head on over to Shrinky's - Roll in, Roll out"...Thanks MDM!!

[ Edited by: TikiG 2011-05-09 14:27 ]

[ Edited by: tikig 2011-06-09 13:47 ]

Thanks to TikiG! An addition to the Doran's Tiki Garage/Game Room.

Thanks again to TikiG!

Shrunken heads on velvet courtesy of TikiG! Thanks so much Greg for making our garage a little more swanky!

T
TikiG posted on Thu, Jul 21, 2011 2:48 PM

Aloha!

Here's a project I'm working on - a kinda mid-century loose style tiki I've built from Styrofoam blocks and finished in plaster. This is the first of two I'm building for my tiki bedroom.

Finished with the plaster and sculpt, now I'm laying acrylic color washes to bring up the stone quality - I like the way these washes are creating an "agate" like quality. I'll be adding new layers of wash over the next few days until I achieve the effect I like best.

Hope you guys like it, as this is my first large three-dimensional tiki piece I've attempted.
And yes, I'll post some new paintings in a few days or so. Some cool stuff in the works right now. G

youve been busy, nice variety of pieces. neptunes Courtyard. oooOOoo

Welcome to the world of 3D Greg :D Nice texture and coloring.

DA-AMN!!

This one page of yours is FRICKIN' UNBELIEVABLE!

"Ascension" blows my mind. I wish I had the time to get into the others.

Well done (bowing).

T
TikiG posted on Mon, Jul 25, 2011 6:21 AM

Dawn, Mike and Robb - Thank You! Hugs,G

T
TikiG posted on Sun, Jul 31, 2011 9:17 AM

Aloha!

Just a quick update this morning of my latest painting...

"Moon Lagoon"
Acrylics on 24" x 24" wood panel.

...hope you like it! More to come soon. Cheers! G

Nice work Greg! Great atmosphere!

I can't tell if the vertical lines in the sky are rain lines (is there a word for those lines you see in the sky when it's raining in the distance?) or if it is more abstract. Either way I love it. Great mood. The moonlit water at the surf's edge is primo too. This would made an awesome black velvet if you ever decide to dabble in that medium.

Really great mood to this dark painting. Wendy

I've gotta post again to say that there is something cool and unique about your work, kinda surreal and dreamlike. Neptune's Courtyard affects my deeply in a way I can't put my finger on.

Keep it revved up, Tiki needs all the unique style it can get to evolve, and stay ahead of the Reaper.

The T.C. community is a lighthouse in a wicked storm.

http://www.robbhamel.com

[ Edited by: Robb Hamel 2011-07-31 16:56 ]

T
TikiG posted on Wed, Aug 10, 2011 4:17 PM

Robb - (blush)!!

MUCHO appreciated - its posts like yours that really keep me movin'...my fuel tank is full now -
its time to hit the artists' highway FULL THROTTLE!

Thank You, Sir! :)

Moon Lagoon and Neptune's Courtyard...You are ON FIRE!
Way to go! You are a true artist,Greg...
Don't F**k it up!
:)

T
TikiG posted on Fri, Aug 26, 2011 8:27 AM

Aloha!

Here's the latest piece painted for a client who wanted "something velvet-like" and "loose" and $cheap$!

"Buggin'!"
August 25, 2011.

Very effective in a dark room with a single light source on it...almost as nice as a true velvet painting in that respect. Enjoy and Thanks for checking it out. Cheers! G

T
TikiG posted on Fri, Aug 26, 2011 8:27 AM

Aloha!

Here's the latest piece painted for a client who wanted "something velvet-like" and "loose" and $cheap$!

"Buggin'!"
August 25, 2011.

Very effective in a dark room with a single light source on it...almost as nice as a true velvet painting in that respect. Enjoy and Thanks for checking it out. Cheers! G

Z

Always worth checking!

HJ

WAY into totally cool!

T
TikiG posted on Mon, Sep 5, 2011 8:33 AM

Mahalo! G

BUGGIN over that last one!
so cute!

RH

I like the blackness without the velvet too.

Keep on experimenting, Tiki Art needs it.

T

More Poly-Pop experimentation - in the same vein as the last piece only larger in size. Enjoy!

"Taonga"
Acrylics on 24" x 36" stretched canvas.
September 11, 2011.

I LIKE HIM! HE'S GOT A FRANCIS BACON FEEL TO HIM!
Way to go,G!
Always exploring new lands!
:)

Nice Greg! I agree with Kenny, cool new direction.

M
mp posted on Mon, Sep 12, 2011 9:14 PM

Greg, I LOVE the new one!!!!!
Is that velvet?
edit. oops. sure looks like velvet.
Good work Sir!
edit again.
Just backtracked, Neptunes Courtyard & Moon Lagoon
are fantastic! Keep Kickin it!

[ Edited by: mp 2011-09-12 21:15 ]

[ Edited by: mp 2011-09-12 21:20 ]

T
TikiG posted on Sun, Sep 18, 2011 7:51 PM

@ little lost tiki, zerostreet & mp - Thank You! You guys inspire me every single day.

Now for a rare treat - a TikiG painting in process! The subject is close to my heart so I hope it strikes an emotional chord within you. Its not quite finished, there's a lot of detail missing and so forth.

So with this in mind - I present for the first time on Tiki Central my
"Welcome To Pacific Ocean Park"

• Full panel

The concept is simple really - starting at the upper left and proceeding clockwise you will encounter P.O.P.'s attractions just like you would at the park (circa 1959.)

Details will be shown after I complete the piece.

Peace and Love - Cheers! G

[ Edited by: TikiG 2011-09-18 19:54 ]

love this piece

Hey TikiG that's super, it makes me want to go there. Were you at Oasis? I was looking for you. Wendy

T
TikiG posted on Tue, Sep 20, 2011 5:27 PM

Thanks Dawn & Wendy!

@Wendy - I was at Oasis on Sunday afternoon for a few hours, did get to see and talk to many friends...sorry to have missed you and Dan.

Very cool Greg! Can't wait to see it done!

Love the POP piece, very neat how you laid it all out. I don't know much about POP, just what my family has told me and looking at faded old slides pop took, but it looks like it was one heck of a cool park. I am a theme park/amusement park fanatic, so much so that I used to publish a fanzine on them but I can't seem to find a lot of details on POP. My sister constantly told me the roller coaster "went out over the ocean" I seriously did not believe her, but it looks like it did at least on the pier. It looks like it was far above the average park I would love to see more of it.:)

T
TikiG posted on Tue, Sep 20, 2011 9:32 PM

@tigertail777 - Thanks for the props regarding my POP piece! Ask anyone who knows me well...well, you know, I'm a POP/amusement park fanatic too.

Send me a PM if interested - I can guide you to some really nice photos and video clips of POP on the internet - that is if you haven't done so already :)

Thanks for droppin' in. Cheers! G

T
TikiG posted on Sat, Oct 29, 2011 9:29 AM

Aloha tiki peeps!

Its been a month since my last post so its time for an update - I've been busy with plenty new and different projects. Some have made it to their owners already, some not. Today I present three pieces in the Poly-Pop vein relevant to Tiki Central.

First up -

"La'ila'i of the Kumulipo"

My rendering of La'ila'i was inspired by a Burke Tyree velvet painting I saw up for bids on eBay a while ago.

Second -

"Waikiki from my Balkoni"
Acrylics on 14" x 18" canvas panel.

Based on so many Waikiki renderings we've all seen before; I wanted a loose and free vibe for my rendition so I only used a knife here, no brushwork involved.

Third -

"Fortune Giver"

Another work executed mainly with painting knife and loosely based on Witco's famous "God of Fortune" idol.

I have finished another painting i.e. a John Lennon tripping on acid portrait that you may view on my facebook page - Greg Reyes (Tikig) - if interested.

I've been asked if I will take a commission for family portraits or single portraits (or just plain whatever) - the answer is yes...especially if the painting shall be a Christmas gift - please contact me asap.
Thank You in advance.

P.S. an update of my "Welcome to Pacific Ocean Park" painting-in-progress coming soon.

Happy Halloween! Peace and Love, TikiG

TikiG

tiki since '67!

[ Edited by: tikig 2011-10-29 10:08 ]

Nice work Greg! I especially like La'ila'i of the Kumulipo! Interesting composition and great depth!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 176 replies