Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Crafts

Birds of the Pacific - TC Art Swap!!!! Its on again!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 370 replies

My bird swap art by Zerotiki is here and just waiting for a place to hang. Thank you Zerotiki for a fine work of art. Hugs, Wendy

T
TikiG posted on Wed, Sep 29, 2010 6:56 PM

Has anybody heard from Tiki Bai?

Tiki Bai please respond to your TC personal messages...Cheers! G

Z

YAY, WENDY!!!!
I'll have my pics up soon...after I spend an hour listening to birds
:wink:
~Zero

Zerotiki, you must still be listening to the birds! Wendy

I am so trying to be patient!

P

We got MadDogMike's hornbill mug yesterday, but have yet to take pictures of it, they'll be up (hopefully) tomorrow. Hopefully our pieces get to their new owners soon!!

P

We got MadDogMike's hornbill mug yesterday, but have yet to take pictures of it, they'll be up (hopefully) tomorrow. Hopefully our pieces get to their new owners soon!!

Z

Love the music, adore the giant bag of leis, needed the aloha for so many reasons, and cherish this wonderful painting, which is now on my wall of fame...

In the middle of so many types of weirdness, sorry the pic is skewed...

Visit Zerotiki!

[[[((8-0))]]]
The Super Secret Sigil of The Electric Tiki Society(tm)

[ Edited by: zerotiki 2010-10-04 13:43 ]

Thank you Zerotiki, it's fun to see it hung with all the other art. I hope to see you this next weekend. Then you can see your painting once again, hugs, Wendy

Zerotiki, finding a place to hang anything in our home is a challenge. Guess what we have the painting hung and it's beautiful and perfect. I hope you make it to the crawl this weekend and can view your painting in its new home. Hugs, Wendy

Now that's a Hall of Fame. Looks great there Wendy & ZeroTiki

He's done! and will be ready to ship shortly. Just need to take some good photos. Sorry for the delay!

Well worth the wait! Sweet Tom, love the way you set it in a frame.

Z

I would like to thank Hewey, for getting us all going, and all of the artists, who let me look at their work on this forum. A distinctly valuable experience.
...and extra hugs for Wendy!! YAY! I hope to make it to the swap to see Crazy Cap'n Hornbill in his new setting.
Cheers,
~Zero

A

Just received my bird from pennjones- It is awesome! Thank you!

Even cooler than in the photo. I hope you paint and sculpt more- you have a great style.

I'll send a picture when I hang it in my studio. Have a nice weekend, everyone.

First, let me say I'm way later than I planned posting pictures of what Beadtiki sent me, and I'm sorry for that, then let me say: Beadtiki's work is AMAZING! The detail is mind boggling... and the feel of these pieces is incredible. Thank you ! Thank you! Thank you! (I wanted to post of picture of me with the two, too cool items Beadtiki sent, but this stuff is too small or maybe I'm too big.)

On 2010-10-20 10:08, Bongo Bungalow wrote:

Beautiful, absolutely beautiful!
~kele

Wow, that's some special bead work. Is that a zipper pull? Wendy

No, silly...it's a bird.

:)
~Zero

On 2010-10-21 16:30, danlovestikis wrote:
Wow, that's some special bead work. Is that a zipper pull? Wendy

Ah no, the beadwork on the front of the bag sorta looks like a zipper, but this little pouch is open on the top. The palm tree "pull" is decorative. Not seen is a small loop attached to the back side. The beads are so heavy and they sorta slink in your fingers so that you get the sensation that the bag is made of metal. The bird is somehow stiffer and I plan to frame it.

ZeroTiki, now you get it. She's really good. When's the next swap and what will it be? Wendy

B

You guys are so sweet! I'm really glad you like 'em! I always think of those bags as feeling like lizard skin - smooth but textured - and cold!

My prize is...

Obviously I haven't found a place to hang it yet but I wanted to put it into some perspective. It is lovingly accompanied by two Sophista-tiki originals! I decided my living room is going to be the "local" art gallery - only my friends and family are allowed to show their art here, and my new birds are right at home!

I, too, am looking forward to the next swap - I just hope I have the time and energy to participate!

Finally finished my piece for AlohaStation & mailed it today. It was kind of hard to say goodbye to it. But I know that it will have a good home.

~kele

The detail work is wonderful on each piece. I love just looking at how you tied the bar stools and frames. The little mugs are so good, taking it all in at once it seems so real I'm ready to go hang out there. Excellent.

This year was terrific. Come on Hewey let's do it again. Wendy

Very cool WaikikianMoeKele! Is that a bikini on the Blue Footed Booby??!! :lol:

I got my superb Superb Fruit Dove painting from Mrs PennJones, but have to hang it and get a picture posted. Maybe Thurs or Fri :)

Mahalo for the compliments, Wendy, it's nice when people appreciate my little touches.
MadDogMike, glad that you liked it too & yes, that is a blue bikini on the female blue footed booby, I found it amusing.
~kele

We finally got the swaps SWAPPED!

Jocelyn and I swapped our projects at Ruzic's gallery opening...pictures are somewhere...

I LOVE my picture, Joce...it's fabulous. Working on getting it framed and will post a pic when it's done.

Thank you, so much! It's beautiful!

Melakilikimaka

[ Edited by: Melekalikimaka 2010-11-09 04:12 ]

T
TikiG posted on Tue, Nov 9, 2010 12:28 PM

Aloha!

I received the "Tikiwi" ceramic mug from Bai of Paris yesterday and I must say its really spectacular! Thanks Bai for everything: I must hook up with the Tiki Tribe someday - I must fly to Europe to meet you.

Please allow me to say once more to Bai - Thanks!

The pic I just took: Tikiwi with TikiG :)

Until the next swap - Happy Holidays to all you art swappers! G

I received the Blue Footed Booby Hatch last week. Unfortunately when I unpacked it, it looked like a bunch on drunken sailors had gotten into a heated debate about what was "tiki and not". After a little cleaning up The Booby is now set up. I did notice a distinct lack of tikis!! That was quickly resolved with some home grown carves that were the perfect scale. Pics soon.

AlohaStation I really want to see those photos, Wendy

I'm not surprised that AlohaStation had some tikis that would fit in the Blue Footed Booby Hatch bar. When I received his lovely Art Swap piece, a wonderful carved wooden bird mounted in a beautiful carved frame...

hidden in with some other goodies that he sent along...

I found this lovely little additional treasure...

The squirrels thought it was for them & held it for a ransom of nuts.

It's about 1 1/2" wide x 2 1/4" tall & really fabulous!
Thanks again, Tom!
So Wendy, I am also anxious to see the tikified & improved Blue Footed Booby Hatch!
~kele

T

No word regarding a new swap yet - just wondering what's up cause its been a few months.

I'm in on the next one if a next one exists! G

I'd like to try for the next one....altho' I never received my swap piece for this one! :(

[email protected]

zerostreet you should contact him again to see what's up. We sold a car to Neil Young and part of the deal was an autographed photograph. He didn't follow through and I hounded him for two years until he sent it. That car was in his huge warehouse that caught fire this year. I just hope the car survived. I'm not going to ask. It was bought new by my uncle in 1958, a Lincoln Premier and had 22,000 original miles. It was always kept as a show car.

Anyway, I would love to participate in another swap. Wendy

Another swap would be great! I only hope that my previous swap partners feel the same about this as I do.
~kele

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 370 replies