Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Mojave Oasis April 20-22 Sold Out

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 378 replies

Posted: 2 days ago; 11:35 pm   Permalink

What a fun weekend!! Thanks to all who braved the heat wave and came to the event! Thanks to Insect Surfers, Tikiyaki Orchestra, Marina, Menehunes and Bigtikidude !

Thanks to everyone who worked the event and made it a success, John Dibroc, Julie, Buzzy, Victor, Kelly, Jannae, Mandy,  Spike and Kim at the Ranch, Jeff Crane, Rafella, Stacia, Billy, Chris, Desiree and Billy.

Thanks to Jeremy, Marie and Rory for Bartending! Thanks to Babalu and Max for the Great Mugs! thanks to the Vendors and  Everyone who helped make this the best event at Mojave so far!

The contest winners and our Judges!!!!!!

Judges: Marie King, Sherriyaki, Krisdrama!

Winners: Best Tent decorations and a cool drink- RumDog with Tikipelli
Best cocktail- Babalu and Amy!
Best Host and Honorable mention- Dusty Cajun!

Thanks to all our Crawl Hosts and Crawlers!!!!!

And our sponsors, Frankie's Tiki Room, Appleton Rum, Primo Beer, Canton and the Tonga Hut!

Thanks again to everyone for making Mojave Oasis so much fun!

Amy

[ Edited by: Queen Kamehameha 2012-04-24 07:56 ]

Such a great poster
for such a Great Event!
is that El Gato Gomez?
the colors are SUPERB!
and maybe we can get some real UFOs to come visit!

I'm IN!!!!
Third one in a Row!
officially HOOKED!
:)

That's is Crazy Awesome Art work! I can't wait to pack up the trailer and Go!

Great looking poster. Can't wait for another Mojave Oasis. When to you start taking reservations for the trailer sites?

DC

I'd love to come for another one if I can get a trailer. I can't handle that tent on the ground stuff. :(

(Sorry for the whining... I'm getting old and cranky)

Kiki von Tiki stuff on etsy.com!

[ Edited by: Kiki von Tiki 2011-10-31 12:26 ]

T

We're there !

Can't WAIT to get back to the mojave!
If you haven't been here yet, you have to see the place, it's amazing!!

B

I am highly disappointed in your decision to use artwork by El Gato Gomez for the event poster. This is because I desperately want to add her art to my collection before she becomes too popular and overpriced! I certainly hope she will at least be vending at the Oasis. Great band lineup, too! I guess I'm not going to Florida.

[ Edited by: Bill5925 2012-01-27 16:25 ]

I am psyched for another camping trip. Hopefully, I will own a trailer this time instead of renting.

Hi all, I will open the the website page for orders Sunday at noon(west coast time). At that time you can also email me([email protected]) directly for either a trailer rental or a room at rough house ranch down the block. These are all first come first get, trailer rentals and rooms are both limited to 7. All other tent and trailer spots can be placed thru the website. I will link the page Sunday morning. Thanks again to all who make this event fun!

[ Edited by: Queen Kamehameha 2011-11-05 01:35 ]

On 2011-10-31 12:12, Kiki von Tiki wrote:
I'd love to come for another one if I can get a trailer. I can't handle that tent on the ground stuff. :(

(Sorry for the whining... I'm getting old

If you are one of the first 7 to email me Sunday a trailer can be yours !

Amy

awesome amy. my wife valerie and i are big fans of elgatos work!
your pal-
t
p.s. how are you guys?hi to ray!

Hi All! It's that time again! Mojave Oasis- Gathering of Friends II

This is Link will take you to the order page,http://www.mojaveoasis.com/mojaveoasisii2012.html

The El gato Gomez Poster Print will be in the Goodie Bags at the event!!!!!!

If you want the Vintage Trailers that are Ours or the rooms down the block at the Rough House Ranch, both limited to 7, Email Me at [email protected]. 12 noon

Thank you again! hope to see you all there!

Amy

Ok, booked some Tents and Trailer spots, only 2 of the on site vintage trailers left!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2012 Looks to be the greatest Tiki year ever and the Gathering 2 at Mojave Oasis is just the way to kick it off.

Now it's time to bust some party crashers,Dig?

Just got a trailer and a vending permit Confirmation!
PARADISE HURRY UP AND GET HERE!!!!!!!!

C
croe67 posted on Wed, Nov 9, 2011 5:56 PM

Looking forward to making the trek to the dessert to check this one out!! :D

Ok The spots are selling, One trailer on site left, 2 rooms at the Rough House Ranch left!. Thanks to everyone who has signed up already, Thi is shaping up to be our best show yet. We Have a lot of great Bands already booked, more to come

Amy

We are in like a Hairy Gorilla!

I'm in with a trailer and vending too. Lil Blue and I will put on our party hats!

Hi All, The On site trailer spots are sold out! We still have rooms at the rough house Ranch, so please email me if interested. This week we planted Palm Trees in Mojave And Buzzy is working on the next attraction, stay tuned...

Amy

[ Edited by: Queen Kamehameha 2011-11-14 16:51 ]

Amy, is that the bring-your-own-trailer spots that are sold out or the vintage trailers on site?

Sorry Mike, the on site Trailers.... Thanks!

Don't scare me like that! :lol:

That scared the heck out of ME too! I guess its time to quit procrastinating and get the reservation for the trailer spot in!

DC

I'M IN!!! I Inherited a mostly done trailer, now I've got about 4 months now to get it cleaned up, fixed up, and modestly tikified.

Mike, Nice! That will go great in Mojave!

This event, we have rooms to offer at our "sister site," the Roughout Ranch. It's on the same road as Mojave Oasis, the last house on the right:

The Roughout has 6 rooms in a converted barn structure:

Room 1 has 4 single bunks, Room 2 has 1 queen, Room 3 has 1 double and 3 singles, Room 4 has 1 double and 1 single, room 5 has 2 doubles, and Room 6 has 1 double and 1 single;

The whole building has a swamp cooler to keep it cool.

It also has a mens and women's 3/4 bathroom:

Showers, sinks, and toilets...

The rooms are right next to Gilligan's Lagoon:

Which includes a lakeside Polynesian inspired A frame:

Pirate themed palapas:

And a zip line that dumps you in the lake:

Booking at the Roughout includes use of the Comboy Mess Hall:

with Full kitchen:

Bar:

Rec room:

All set up for a Honky Tonk:

For pricing and booking of the roughout rooms, contact Queen K at [email protected]

Buzzy Out!

Looks like a good place for a small corporate retreat. Buzz can you arrange some team building events like walking on coals? :D

Be good to yourself and to the ones you love
Life is short, smile while you still have your teeth.

edit - spelling

[ Edited by: MadDogMike 2011-11-21 21:45 ]

The zip line is amazing! Buzzy did it and so did I !

Pictures!
i wanna see Amy on the zipline!

the RoughHouse Ranch looks GREAT!
HONKEE-Friggin-TONK!

Like the ending scene of Blazing Saddles where the fight spills out into the surrounding studio - Bonanza meets Gilligans Island!

On 2011-11-21 22:28, little lost tiki wrote:
Pictures!
i wanna see Amy on the zipline! :)
the RoughHouse Ranch looks GREAT!
HONKEE-Friggin-TONK!

Nope, that's not happening. ( buzzy..no pictures!!!!)

:lol:

T

Just booked a site, extra people and an extra night!! This will be our first visit to Mojave Oasis, it looks so amazing, can't wait for April!!

Thank You Tiki Rose! We are moving along, New Tikis will be up, new Huts will be up, Buzzy, Victor and kelly freh from the Tonga Hut redo is working on something coolfor April! Hope to ee you all there!

Amy

Is it April 20th yet?

thanks Mike....almost...... :)

Happy New year All !!!!!!!!!!!! Just a reminder tckets are available at Mojaveoasis.com, all of the on-site trailers are sold out! But we have tent spots, some Bring Your Own Trailer spots and 2 rooms still at Rough House Ranch still available.

Any questions please email me at [email protected].

Talent for the weekend is still being finalized, but we have... Tikiyaki Orchestra, the Hula Girls, Smokin Menehunes and DJ.. BigTikiDude Jeff already on board...

Remember Dinner Friday and Saturday is included. Movies and Popcorn both nites as well. Goodie Bags include the new print by El Gato Gomez!

So I hope to see you all at Mojave Oasis this April! Thank you to all who have already registered

Amy

RV resort, Mojave Oasis Mojave Oasis II 2012
http://www.mojaveoasis.com
Mojave Oasis is a Fun Relaxing RV and Vintage Trailer Resort. Come see why we are different!

We just booked our trailer spot. Can't wait to go camping. Now I have to get to work creating my new drink.

Booked! Back in the tent come April.

kevin

wood be RAD to see these guys there....

http://www.flyingelvi.com/home.html

On 2012-01-04 21:03, RevBambooBen wrote:
wood be RAD to see these guys there....
http://www.flyingelvi.com/home.html

:lol: Perfect place for them - wide open spaces and clear skies. Zerostreet is already working on the commemorative poster

....and only 2.5 hrs from Viva Las Vegas Baby!!!

Elvis and Tiki = Awesome!!!!!!!!!!

RD

Last year's event mug was fantastic.

What are the plans for a 2012 mug for Mojave Oasis II?

On 2012-01-07 13:00, Rum Dog wrote:
Last year's event mug was fantastic.

What are the plans for a 2012 mug for Mojave Oasis II?

We are working on 2 mugs for this April, an Update to the Moai that Babalu is working on and an all new design by Squid... stay tuned

C

Just booked my flights! & reserved one of the trailers a while back - yippee!!!!

SO looking forward to Mojave Oasis!!!

J

I'm cloning myself for the month of April. One JOHN-O will be at Mojave Oasis, the other JOHN-O at Hukilau.

I challenge everyone to identify who the original is. :)

On 2012-01-17 05:15, JOHN-O wrote:
I'm cloning myself for the month of April. One JOHN-O will be at Mojave Oasis, the other JOHN-O at Hukilau.

I challenge everyone to identify who the original is. :)

Which ever one of you comes to Mojave will be welcomed! :wink:

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 378 replies