Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Mojave Oasis April 20-22 Sold Out

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 378 replies

Beautiful mugs Rick. Much better looking than Kinny or his dead fish!

MO2 is so close I can taste it! It taste like chicken cooked over a creosote bush fire.

Weather forecast for Newberry Springs next weekend;
Highs 87-88
Lows 55-59
Sunny, breeze 10-15 mph
Water temperature 68F - expect shrinkage and puckering*
PERFECT!!!!! (although my blood is thin and the lows are a bit chilly for me)

*OK, I have no idea what the water temperature will be :D

The Mojave Cheese Roll is not to be missed at Mojave Oasis this year!!

No Crazy Al and no Big Toe but who needs them when you have Ken Ruzic and Doug Horne rolling down a giant hill chasing a big ol' block of cheese.

And lets not forget all the other fantastic vendors as well.

I can't guarantee that Ken's booth won't smell like fish but I do know my booth will have the smell of a fresh spring rose garden.

OK Rumdog, here ya go: The Saga of Trailerpark Tiki

Trailerpark Tiki was born in a trailer park long ago and far, far away. His parents were simple folk, people of the land. But they had heard about Hawaii and the Hapa Haole music could always be heard emanating from their trailer. He grew up around tikis and beautiful carvings that adorned their trailer. He knew that some day he would be a leader of men and the proud owner of his own tiki bar. He dreamed of shaking up tall Mai Tais and watching the happy faces of his tiki friends. Soon, he would begin his quest for TIKI...

Stay tuned for more on the Saga of Trailerpark Tiki.

From the looks of that photo, Trailerpark Tiki lived next to a welding shop - that would explain the stark lighting!

The continuing Saga of Trailerpark Tiki:

When mom and dad moved, they forgot to tell me, so I went to live with aunt Chastity. It was really cool because she had a really nice trailer and she always kept the fridge full of beer for us. But something was missing. I no longer had the sounds of Hawaii or the wood carvings filling the trailer. And while the beer was good, it just wasn't cutting it. I needed something stronger. Plus, aunt Chastity was always bringing home friends from work that would drink all of our beer and sleepover.

RD

Love the saga. Glad to hear that the Trailer Park Boys will be opening for Tikiyaki on Saturday night.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3sJ4DELdpc

RD

Camp Tikipelli proudly announces that Yakima Chief Apples has
signed on as the official sponsor of ApePache Firewater.

RD

THE LEGEND OF GERONCHIMPAMO:

PART III: Direct proof of Early Mojave inhabitants on the South Pacific Isles.

Many ignorant and uninformed scholars state that a trans-Pacific crossing by indigenous inhabitants of the Mojave Desert was simply impossible. However, over 70 years ago in early summer 1941 (6 years before Thor Heyerdahl’s Ra Expedition with the Kon Tiki) Professor Archibald Spockwad III journeyed westward on a replica of Monkey Polo’s Kon Teepee raft departing from the port of Sam’s Seafood in Huntington Harbor California.

Spockwad arrived in Pearl Harbor Hawaii a little past midnight on December 7th 1941 to much celebration and fanfare. He proudly announced that this date of his great accomplishment, December 7th, 1941, would be “a date that will live in honor”. Due to unforeseen events that took place the following morning, Spockwad hastly left Hawaii and continued his voyage westward. Below is an aerial photograph of the Kon Teepee as it sailed through the Midway Islands in June of 1942.

Spockwad’s success proved (as is substantiated in his unpublished journals) that the previously uninhabited Oceanic Islands were a result of direct trans-Pacific migrations and pilgrimages of early indigenousness North American inhabitants. Spockwad’s findings show there were too many influences from the Mojave regions of the American Southwest to be ignored. Artifacts such as ApePache Dream Catchers, moccasins, and tom-tom drums were discovered on almost all South Pacific island. Spockwad also documented on how all South Pacfic languages possess heavy influences of ApePache dialects. An early Westward migration from the Mojave Desert was the only logical and plausible explanation.

Professor Spockwad: president & founder of the Mojave Oceanic Academic Institute (MOAI)

Rejuvenated interest in Dr. Spockwad’s theories are gaining acceptance among some of the elite within the Tiki community. Recently, the travels of Monkey Polo and the Kon Teepee Expeditions were well documented by the world renowned mapmaker Kirby. Below Kirby’s most recent map accurately depicts the far reaching influence that the descendents of those Kon Teepee settlements had on the development of various Oceanic tiki cultures.

All of this will be further substantiated later this year through the due diligence of notable tiki authority Sven Kirsten. He will lay to rest any doubt of the naysayers and nonbelievers. Unlike Dr. Spockwad, Kirsten’s efforts will not go unnoticed or unpublished. Below is the cover of an advance copy of the forthcoming book that I was fortunate to get my hands on.

Coming Soon: PART IV (Epilogue)
How ApePache Firewater was nicknamed “The Curse of Geronchimpamo”.

I have to say that I have been watching this thread for a while and just wanted remind everyone, Tiki is fun. Mohave Oasis is whatever you want it to be, I love the creative complete things Rum Dog Does, we should Encourage more of it and just have fun.

Jeff, please wear an ape costume when you DJ next week! :D

Amy

J

On 2012-04-14 10:04, Queen Kamehameha wrote:

Tiki is fun.

...whatever you want it to be

...just have fun.

:evil: :x :evil: :x :evil: :x ( :D )

On 2012-04-14 12:16, little lost tiki wrote:

Kenny!!!!!' Do we always have to go so extreme? Lol

On 2012-04-14 12:16, little lost tiki wrote:

Kenny!!!!!' Do we always have to go so extreme? Lol

On 2012-04-13 13:21, Babalu wrote:
Hello Campers!!

Queen K has a couple of really fine mugs being offered up for this year's Mojave Oasis Gathering in her Poly-Pop Paradise that is located smack dab in the heart of the desert!
I am just now completing the final firings on the annual "Mojave Signature Mug" run that the Squidly and I did jointly together. There will only be 50 of these 2012 Mojave Signature Mugs offered this year.

We have chosen to run 12 with a Red interior, 12 with an Orange interior, 12 with a Yellow interior, and finally, 12 with a Mint Green interior. The exterior of these multi-colored gems have been lovingly glazed in a Mojave Stone color. And because this color combination evens out to a mere 48 count...the number #1 & #2 mugs in the lot will be glazed in their own unique one-of-a-kind way. The number #1 mug in this 50 lot run is called "The Mojave Ghost Mug" and is glazed with a bright white interior, with a cream-colored ghostly exterior. The number #2 mug has a tuxedo black interior, which is intensified by the darker Mojave stone-colored exterior...this mug has come to be known in the studio as "The Mojave Midnight Moai Mug".

From conception, I just couldn't help but think that the 4 colors together make a really nice-looking set. Now, I am sure that Queen K will be offering these 50 mugs for sale individually at the event, but it may be difficult to get a full set of the four different colors. Soooo, in order to help promote the event for Queen K, and to give some lucky devil the opportunity to get a full set of all 4 colored mugs, I am going to put the "only" 4 Artist's Proofs of the 2012 Mojave Signature Mug up on eBay as a set prior to the event. I will list this offering in Market Place soon.

My wife (Amy) and I sure had blast last year, and we can't wait to see all of you this year for a repeat!

Artist Proofs - Set of 4

the "Mojave Ghost Mug" #1 and the Mojave Midnight Moai Mug #2

A few up on the shelf...

[ Edited by: Babalu 2012-04-13 13:39 ]

The Trailerpark really went down hill after the zombies moved in. I really hated those nazi zombies the most. They would eat your brains while humming German bier drinking songs. You could never get those damn songs out of your head!

But when these two guys moved in to the trailer park, I knew it was time to move on...

What, with their fancy harlots and big cigars. Trailerpark Tiki left the trailerpark for the big city lights of Vegas. But he never forgot about the zombies...

mojave Oasis is sold out!

Thanks to all who are attending!!!!

Amy

Day passes still available

[ Edited by: Queen Kamehameha 2012-04-15 10:04 ]

Amy

J

On 2012-04-14 18:26, Queen Kamehameha wrote:

Amy

Wait, day passes for Sat are still available, right ??

[ Edited by: JOHN-O 2012-04-14 19:06 ]

I heard the weather is going to be PERFECT!!! :) :) :)

Was just there the last few daze adding more

Fun Stuff for YOU!.

Here's a Before pic.

See Y'all soon!!!

Has my dream finally come true?!?!?!

THAT'S the sort of crap we get when you're still up at 4:15am Kinny! :D

I should be pulling into Mojave Oasis in 100 hours - YIPEE!!!

"And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music" Friedrich Nietzsche

[ Edited by: MadDogMike 2012-04-15 07:27 ]

On 2012-04-14 19:05, JOHN-O wrote:

Amy

Yes day passes still available

Sorry double post

[ Edited by: Queen Kamehameha 2012-04-15 10:04 ]

On 2012-04-14 19:05, JOHN-O wrote:

Amy

[ Edited by: Queen Kamehameha 2012-04-15 21:47 ]

Wow, it's almost that time again! Pulled the Mo-Tiki motorhome out of winter storage and getting ready.

Question: Is there a schedule set for the the Tent N Trailer crawl?

I had sent a PM about hosting and wanted to get an ETA so I don't get overrun by the crowd like I did last year!

(Might have something to do with hanging out at the Mermaid Lounge all day and not being quite prepared!)

Come on by for our Crawl stop and throw your name in for the vintage Tiki mug give-a-way.

Last years Lucky winner!

As for Kinny, I learned one thing from last year. He's like a Gremlin or something, you need instructions on what to do with him after dark!

We'll be in the back row, stage right hanging with Trailerpark Tiki.

Babalu, you getting the same spot as well??

Look forward to seeing everybody in the desert!

DC

J

You know I just realized this...

Marina is performing in Florida on Friday night as part of the Hukilau's agenda and then the FOLLOWING day in California at Mojave.

She's a MAGIC bi-coastal mermaid !! (Either that or there's a Tiki Central private jet). :)

Hey Amy, will there be any meals available for those arriving on Thursday?

eeeeehawww! Stop by Trailerpark Tiki's trailer too! I prefer the later slot, if possible...

For those of you that missed Goin' Primitive...

Here's a nice pic of Rumdog's tent crawl extravaganza.

Kudos to Rumdog at Goin Primitive. He had a freakin volcano, not to mention King Kong! I can't compete with that.

On 2012-04-15 20:24, MadDogMike wrote:

Yes I will be doing a BBQ at my place for all early arrivals , served with snacks and cocktails.

Dusty, I will talk to Marie, we will get the crawl set.

John O.....hummmmm.... maybe a MO private plane :wink:

Amy

Yes I will be doing a BBQ at my place for all early arrivals , served with snacks and cocktails.

Amy

Amy

B

On 2012-04-15 10:11, Dustycajun wrote:

Sure, I would love to have the spot I had last year if I can? It's up the bosses :) Amy and I will be rolling in on Thurs... :)

And, I also want to be part of the crawl again...I ain't going for any prizes this year. In fact, it isn't going to change much from last year...

Just lot's of good peoples, and lot's of laughs, and a heart stopping cocktail made by this man :down:

Oh, almost forgot...I posted that artist's proof set on eBay, and listed that posting in market place here

See you all in a few days!!

More of da saga:

Vegas was a helluva a drug, er town in the 70's.

Trailerpark joined the Army to instill discipline, and wtf, it was cheaper than rehab...

But it was during that deployment to Germany that Trailerpark really honed his drinking skills, hosting co-ed toga parties and lavish keg parties. Someday, he would take the step up to tiki crawl host...

Doug, did you round up a trailer this year? It made me uncomfortable last year to watch you fold yourself in half and stuff yourself into that tiny tent like some sort of freaky Chinese contortionist. :lol:

On 2012-04-16 11:24, MadDogMike wrote:
Doug, did you round up a trailer this year? It made me uncomfortable last year to watch you fold yourself in half and stuff yourself into that tiny tent like some sort of freaky Chinese contortionist. :lol:

Doug and Kinny are "Roommates"....

RD

RD

Day & Time still to be announced.

On 2012-04-16 12:16, RevBambooBen wrote:

On 2012-04-16 11:24, MadDogMike wrote:

Doug and Kinny are "Roommates"....

If this Trailer is a Rockin'... CALL THE POLICE!!!!

On 2012-04-14 20:01, RevBambooBen wrote:
Here's a Before pic.

See Y'all soon!!!

and after...

C-Ya all soon!!!

Buzzy Out!

On 2012-04-15 22:20, Babalu wrote:

On 2012-04-15 10:11, Dustycajun wrote:

Sure, I would love to have the spot I had last year if I can? It's up the bosses :) Amy and I will be rolling in on Thurs... :)

And, I also want to be part of the crawl again...I ain't going for any prizes this year. In fact, it isn't going to change much from last year...

Just lot's of good peoples, and lot's of laughs, and a heart stopping cocktail made by this man :down:

Oh, almost forgot...I posted that artist's proof set on eBay, and listed that posting in market place here

See you all in a few days!!

Babs, All, I am sorry, due to some very big rigs, we had to move a few people around. I have tried to keep most people where they want, issue is big trailers, people from Mojave1 not at Goin primitive, people at Primitive wanting the same spots as the ones others had at Mojave 1. Buzzy and I are working it out...... Stay calm

G
GROG posted on Mon, Apr 16, 2012 6:56 PM

Don't worry, there are no BAD spots---except next to Kinny.

G
GROG posted on Mon, Apr 16, 2012 6:56 PM

G
GROG posted on Mon, Apr 16, 2012 6:57 PM

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 378 replies