Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Mojave Oasis April 20-22 Sold Out

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 378 replies

Just a quick update, I have been ot of town and noticed I received many paypal payments for Mojave, please dont for get to put your TC name and the site number you want, Thanks, I will be sending emails out next week with updates

Amy

Page One Updated.

J

Not the update I was hoping for but I know the BIG announcement is coming soon. :)

Woohoo! I dig the Insect Surfers. Great band. I'm totally stoked to see all of the bands. The only thing I hate about Mojave Oasis is... the weekend goes by too fast! We plan on arriving on Thursday to get camp set up and get into tiki mode. I hope more people come out on Thursday because it really was nice to get camp set up and start the party early.

I'm gonna try to come out there Thurs. night.
But no guarantees.
;-/

Jeff(btd)

Another update and not the one John O is looking for..... :)

Ok, The Mugs for Mojave oasis this year will be a bit different. There are 2 One will be a redo of the Mojave Moai. Babalu has updated the date and will do it in different colors very limited. The other is based on the very rare prototype Holiday House Vintage Trailer That sold for 129,000 The Trailer is sculpted by Squid and is a mug, just not finished yet! Not Tiki, But I hope you like it.

[ Edited by: Queen Kamehameha 2012-01-29 18:07 ]

Holy Crap!!!!! :o Amazing!

C

WOW!!! That's awesome!!!!

Some serious luv'n on that trailer :o

This will be the year the "function follows form" at our little tiki Events

Great looking Mug

W

I plan on arriving on Thursday again to set up early and transcend into deep tiki relaxation mode. It really was better being all settled in while everyone else was setting up camp. If enough people are interested, I was thinking about bringing a poker table and having a poker game on Thursday night at my trailer. 20.00 buy-in for Texas Hold-em or something like that.

You gotta love a sport where smoking and drinking during the game is encouraged.

I gotta bump this thread back up because I'm stoked to go camping. Who's going to Mojave Oasis II? Who's ready to crawl/host? Who's ready to sit around the campfire, sip rum drinks and sing songs? Who's ready to see the Insect Surfers, Smokin Menehunes, Hula Girls and Tikiyaki Orchestra??? Who's ready to see all the tiki ohana at the trailerpark?

I AM!
I AM!
I AM!
I AM!

Lets Git it ON!

Well I'm STOKED as well, Trailerpark Tiki!

I'll be setting up LITTLE LOST TIKI's CAMOUFLAGE TENT TRAILER of MAGICAL TREASURES and stuff yet again!
Same location as last time!
looking forward to feelin the chill of the morning
and the warmth of Ohana by night!
RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Countdown To Mojave Oasis

6056417 seconds left!

Thanks Mike, now I need to get movin!!!!!!!!

New Update, we have Primo , Appletons, Canton and Frankie's Tiki Room as Our Sponsor!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

J

On 2011-10-30 22:58, Queen Kamehameha wrote:

Hi All, just an update, we have the music set for Friday and Saturday

Saturday afternoon is the Smokin Menehunes

Saturday night is Hula Girls and Tikiyaki Orchestra...

I hope Tiki Bong has been taking his vitamins and getting enough sleep.

He can't afford to get sick. Mojave Oasis II rests on his shoulders !!

Maybe Bong can play 2nd guitar with Insect Surfers(they are looking for someone)
and make it a quadfecta.
is that a word?
:o

Jeff(btd)

B

I can't wait! I can't wait! I can't wait!!!!

I don't see how we can out do last year, but I know it's going to be that way!

Queen K - You and Ray really need to be commended for doing such a knock out job in the Desert there! They are going to be talking about these "Gatherings" for generations to come.

I am putting together a new version of the Event Mug marked with 2012 for this 2nd Gathering. There will only be 50 made...that's it. I'm going to mix up the glazes for each one. I'm not sure how Queen K is going to distribute them, but I would imagine that those that come to the event, have first pick from this 50 count lot. YAY!

I sure hope we do the Trailer Crawl again. My Amy and I had a blast hosting last year, and would love to do it again this year. Dr. Z's recipe for the Chief Lapu Lapu was a big hit. The one lesson that I learned from last year though, is that I really need to bring two bottles of this Stroh instead of one.

Queen K, be sure to save my spot. I hope I can get in next to that Dusty Cajun again...he's a party animal!

(PS: Doc, I'll bring the shot glasses :)

[ Edited by: Babalu 2012-02-12 11:00 ]

Wooohooo! The park is even better now, Babalu. With cabanas and planes and boats and more tikis! We can't wait for a fun camping time.

RD

Rum Dog is going to be a good scout and come to camp.

RD

Unfortunately the rest of Rum Dog's troops will stay at home as the date
conflicts with my daughter's high school prom.

Thanks Babalu! These are going to be killer. I Will update page one with new info.

Right now I have one trailer spot left, but I do have tent spots available. so we are filling up.

Amy

All booked up... now just gotta make sure the Vamper is in top form!

[ Edited by: TikiToddtheSurfGod 2012-02-16 10:57 ]

Hi All, just an update.... The on site trailers are sold out, the bring your own trailer spots are also sold out. We do have Tent spots still available, so if you need one, let me know, Also if you have a van or popup I can accomodate those in another area.

Amy.

I got one of them spot reserved and I'm ready to roll. In fact, I have already packed the Tahitian Cannibal and attached it to the back of my car. I'm dragging it everywhere I go so I'll be ready for April 20th :lol:

PS - Looks like spots are going fast. If you are on the fence about attending you better get jiggy wit'it because you DON'T want to miss this event!

Just an update, I have about 10 Tent spots left. We have gotten a lot of trailers, I had to take the tent spots. all good. we are almost there, 6 weeks to the event, some special surprises will be announed soon

Amy

The music and events are set:

Friday nite is the Insect Surfers and Vintage Movies with Popcorn and Smores !

Saturday Afternoon, The Smokin Menehunes!

Saturday Night Main Event isTikiyaki with special guest star Marina the Fire Eating Mermaid!!!!!!!!

Crawl will be Hosted by Marie King And Lisa Marie!!! please email or PM me if you want to participate

Best Tent and or Trailer awards will be judged Saturday, Prizes supplied by our Sponsors!

Amy

[ Edited by: Queen Kamehameha 2012-03-08 17:29 ]

T

**** JUST ADDED ****

MARINA THE FIRE EATING MERMAID will be performing with THE TIKIYAKI ORCHESTRA on Saturday Night. If you've yet to see Marina perform with Tikiyaki, you're in for a real treat. Marina's Fire exotic eating act with Tikiyaki will be magical under the stars at Mojave Oasis.

NOT TO BE MISSED !

[ Edited by: tikiyaki 2012-03-08 17:40 ]

I just checked my calendar and was disappointed to see it was neither April 20 or April 21. I'm really looking forward to The Gathering II.

Kevin

Hi All, heres the update, we have 4 spots left total, everything else is sold out! 5 weeks to go! Hope to see you there

Amy

Countdown to Mojave Oasis
34 Days
818 Hours
49090 Minutes
2945419 Seconds

[ Edited by: tiki tiffy 2012-03-17 20:38 ]

i hope 4 a little more aloha in your heart....take some aspirin and feel better :)

Well, Met with Marie and Lisa marie last night from the Tonga Hut, They are whipping up some great cocktails using Appleton . We will also hold an Appleton Taste testing on Saturday!. Hope to see you there!

Amy

[ Edited by: queen kamehameha 2012-03-19 15:01 ]

yoink!
make that three spots left! (or less)
in under the wire, ohhyeaah.

RD

Coming this April to Mojave Oasis.

love that LLT! thanx 4 putting a smile on my face :)

lol great job Kinny!

R

This will be our first visit to Mojave Oasis. Looking forward to it!
Does anyone know if the RV spots have hookups?
Thanks

RV spots have electric hookups but no sewage drain.

On 2012-03-20 16:17, Rongo29 wrote:
This will be our first visit to Mojave Oasis. Looking forward to it!
Does anyone know if the RV spots have hookups?
Thanks

The stops have electric and water. We dont have sewage, but we have a dump station to use as you are pulling out

The plugs for the trailer spots look like this one:

Each trailer site also has a hose hookup for water:

Here's a sneak preview of some recycled 14foot tiki beams I've been sorting out this week to add to the grounds:

See you all soon!
Buzzy Out!

Thanks for the photos Buzzy, can't wait. Where do we sign up to host a tent and trailer crawl stop?

DC

R

Thanks for all of the responses!
See you there!

That there is a standard 110 volt, 30 amp, single phase recreational vehicle electrical hook-up. Not to be confused with the 15 amp hook-up that looks like a regular house outlet or the 50 amp 220 volt hook-up with 4 prongs. Now that I'm an RVer I know that sort of stuff :wink:

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 378 replies