Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Mojave Oasis April 20-22 Sold Out

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 378 replies

H
Heath posted on Wed, Apr 4, 2012 10:50 PM

On 2012-04-04 21:37, bigtikidude wrote:
That is so cool about the meteor shower.
Thanks for the heads up Amy.

Dave of the Insect Surfers is a Huge Astrology nut,
I am sure he and Kenny will get along quite well
as they stay up all night watching the show, and partaking of the ****
:wink:

Jeff(btd)

I think you mean Astronomy.

YEAH Jeff!
Lay off the ***!
:lol:

What type of shampoo should I bring for a meteor shower? Are bathing suits optional?

15 more days!

"Blessed are the cracked, for they let in the light"

[ Edited by: MadDogMike 2012-04-05 05:25 ]

Meteor shower? Yay! I will bring my telescope!

Jeff, no one cares if you have a blow up doll but it is a family event, so she's got to keep her bathing suit on when she's out of your tent. And keep the noise down, too. We don't want to hear her squeaking all night long.

:up: :lol: :up:

On 2012-04-05 16:35, MadDogMike wrote:
:up: :lol: :up:

RD

In honor of the Night Skies of Fire & Light, Camp Tikipelli will offer its most sacred libation
during the tent & trailer crawl. "ApePache Firewater" will proudly be served as a celebration of
these festive times.

On 2012-04-04 22:50, Heath wrote:

On 2012-04-04 21:37, bigtikidude wrote:
That is so cool about the meteor shower.
Thanks for the heads up Amy.

Dave of the Insect Surfers is a Huge Astrology nut,
I am sure he and Kenny will get along quite well
as they stay up all night watching the show, and partaking of the ****
:wink:

Jeff(btd)

I think you mean Astronomy.

Ha!!
yes your are correct sir,
it was a long rough day yesterday,
and I should have been asleep when I posted that.

thanks for the correction.
I don't believe in that astrology stuff anyways.

Jeff(btd)

Squeaking?
shes a blow up doll,
not a squeaking doggie chew toy.
:o

Jeff(btd)

On 2012-04-05 15:15, Kiki von Tiki wrote:
Meteor shower? Yay! I will bring my telescope!

Jeff, no one cares if you have a blow up doll but it is a family event, so she's got to keep her bathing suit on when she's out of your tent. And keep the noise down, too. We don't want to hear her squeaking all night long.

On 2012-04-05 23:46, bigtikidude wrote:
I don't believe in that astrology stuff anyways.
Jeff(btd)

That's OK Jeff, I don't belive in that Astronomy stuff either

RD

ApePache Firewater has been blasphemously nicknamed
"The Curse of Geronchimpamo" by those outside the
great ApePache Nation.

Amy, I offered to host the first leg on Saturday afternoon. If there is a crawl on Friday that is after dark I can switch to that. This Firewater has some pretty high octane stuff in it that can be set ablaze. After dark it could fit nicely with the meteor shower. Let us know what the schedule for the crawls are when you figure it out. I imagine those who are coming in after working on Friday may appreciate a later starting crawl time due to possible traffic concerns.

Thanks

G
GROG posted on Fri, Apr 6, 2012 4:11 PM

Meteor shower sounds painful. Is there an option to take a water shower or do we have to bathe in the lake?

Because of my show, I won't be able to join you yahoos until Saturday... but I'll be bringing a certain fire-eating mermaid along with me, so I think that more than makes up for it.

Fire! Fire!

Fire good! Fire hot!

SPYrateRadio will be filling the FM airwaves of Mojave Oasis with great music all weekend long! Classic Tiki music, Exotica, Surf, Lounge and Spy-Fi. Listen while you relax, or recover from the night before!

K

On 2012-04-07 07:40, SPYrateRadio wrote:
SPYrateRadio will be filling the FM airwaves of Mojave Oasis with great music all weekend long! Classic Tiki music, Exotica, Surf, Lounge and Spy-Fi. Listen while you relax, or recover from the night before!

Why would we need the radio when we've got BigTikiDude and his clever musical skills?

come visit Doug and i and a Whole Bunch of Other Amazing Folks at....
the Vintage Trailer half Circle
on Saturday at Mojave Oasis!
WE'RE RIGHT NEXT TO THE BATHROOMS and General Store!
(please wash hands before visiting our booths...)
:)
Lots of Art and Wonderful Delightful things for YOUR Hut!

G
GROG posted on Sat, Apr 7, 2012 2:45 PM

On 2012-04-07 11:54, little lost tiki wrote:

Picture of Doug having a bowel movement and Kinny creating art.

On 2012-04-07 14:45, GROG wrote:

Sound like GROG wants to be in a Photoshoppe MOasis promo,eh?
Ho-Ho-Ho!

HT

Kenny. Why do you pick on Grog, maybe he needs a pet for a companion

Hey! make up your own Photoshoppe creations,Roger!
Why you gotta STEAL that one?

RD

Campsite #1: Day and Time TBA

Sunset through the Mermaid Lounge:

Special Food Announcement:

On Saturday afternoon, we'll be debuting "The Porkiyaki Store" (named in tribute to the Frisco/Haight's greasy spoon-The Pork Store)

My good friend and TC member Stever will be slow cooking 2 types of pork all night Friday (for 12 hours, in fact!) to make a $5 Saturday lunch plate special: Kalua Pork with rice and cabbage, and a Teriyaki pulled pork sandwich with pineapple and a side of macaroni salad.

Yes, that's right, lunch for only $5! Come quick because we're sure to run out!(And if not, I'll be a happy pork eatin' fool for a couple weeks...)

We'll be serving somewhere near the bar starting at about noonish. There will be announcements for it on the day just prior to serving.

Buzzy Out!

On 2012-04-07 07:50, Krisdrama wrote:

On 2012-04-07 07:40, SPYrateRadio wrote:

Why would we need the radio when we've got BigTikiDude and his clever musical skills?

Thank you Kris,
I was wondering the same thing.

Jeff(btd)

T

On 2012-04-07 18:09, Bay Park Buzzy wrote:
Sunset through the Mermaid Lounge:

Special Food Announcement:

On Saturday afternoon, we'll be debuting "The Porkiyaki Store" (named in tribute to the Frisco/Haight's greasy spoon-The Pork Store)

My good friend and TC member Stever will be slow cooking 2 types of pork all night Friday (for 12 hours, in fact!) to make a $5 Saturday lunch plate special: Kalua Pork with rice and cabbage, and a Teriyaki pulled pork sandwich with pineapple and a side of macaroni salad.

Yes, that's right, lunch for only $5! Come quick because we're sure to run out!(And if not, I'll be a happy pork eatin' fool for a couple weeks...)

We'll be serving somewhere near the bar starting at about noonish. There will be announcements for it on the day just prior to serving.

Buzzy Out!

Great deal....The name is pretty cool too :wink:

TM

On 2012-04-07 15:08, little lost tiki wrote:

Ho-Ho-Ho!

ok. eeew.

see below...

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor
I build Fun for you!
http://www.facebook.com/bambooben

[ Edited by: RevBambooBen 2012-04-08 20:16 ]

On 2012-04-07 23:23, lucas vigor wrote:

On 2012-04-07 15:08, little lost tiki wrote:

Ho-Ho-Ho!

ok. eeew.

http://youtu.be/JmPuy-pqIQE

"Some say a comet will fall from the sky
Followed by meteor showers and tidal waves
Followed by fault lines that cannot sit still..."

I bet Peeps are on sale now after Easter

Amy,
If you are out there, I need some help. I made reservations for the event on Jan. 4 and have since then lost the reservation information. If you could pm or email me with that, I would be greatly appreciative. If you are able to do so, I promise to tattoo the info on my face so as not to lose it this time. Thanks,
Steve
[email protected]

p.s. i am trying to find a copy of my paypal receipt with the transaction number on it, if I find that, is it all I need?

That last post may have seemed confusing. What I meant was that, I made reservations for Mojave Oasis 2 BACK on Jan. 4. Sorry for that.

RD

I need something to cleanse the palate after those photos of Grog.

Compliments of Camp Tikipelli.

Are you bringing her with you Rum Dog? :o Does she have a sister? :D

RD

On 2012-04-10 20:11, MadDogMike wrote:

Unfortunately my daughter and her two best friends got prom dates and will have to miss Mojave Oasis. They did think the costumes I bought for them were "cute".

You may have met them at Goin' Primitive. They were my servers at the crawl I held at Skull Island.

RD

RD

THE LEGEND OF GERONCHIMPIMO
PART I: The Warrior

Geronchimpimo was born to humble beginnings on the outskirts of Barstow but was
destined for ApePache lore. He always seemed to be a little different from the others
in the tribe but no one could figure out exactly why.

At age 13 Geronchimpimo became the Chief of the ApePache Nation and is best remembered
for valiantly defending the Mojave Desert against the onslaught and encroachment of the
“White man”. He successfully held off the advancement of the “Pale Face” for ten years
longer than any other indigenous peoples. At one point he defeated the U.S. 5th Cavalry of
450 soldiers at the Battle of Mojave Oasis with only 18 ApePache warriors armed with bows and
arrows and a good supply of banana peels. Such tactics defined Geronchimpimo as a military genius.

Unfortunately for the proud ApePache Nation, Geronchimpamo eventually had to surrender
to the U.S. 7th Calvary after being captured at the Battle of Newberry Springs. The terms
of the treaty which seemed favorable to the ApePache turned out to be nothing more than hollow
promises that were never fulfilled. A broken and disheartened Geronchimpimo lived the remainder
of his life traveling with the Buffalo Bill Cody Traveling Sideshow signing autographs for a
Buffalo Head nickel apiece. He vowed someday, somehow, he would have his revenge.

Coming Soon: Part II
The Forefathers of Geronchimpimo and the Direct Link Between the Southwest & South Pacific

Rum Dog,
I'm confused by all the use of the monkeys.
I thought that goin' primitive was in the fall last year?

Amy's Mojave Oasis, and Goin' Primitive are 2 separate events.

Jeff(btd)

Jeff, Goin' Primative was a one-time event ~ next Fall will be named something different. But Geronchimpimo is a local legend in the Mojave desert, kinda like a Chuck Norris in moccasins (as far as I can tell) They say Geronchimpimo had a grizzly bear skin rug in his teepee. The bear wasn't dead, he was just too afraid of Geronchimpimo to move. Ghosts still sit around the campfire at night and tell Geronchimpimo stories.

J

BTD is right. Monkeys, chimps, apes, and gorillas have absolutely nothing to do with Tiki.

They're SURF !! Everyone knows that. Ha, ha. :D

The Ape/monkey is being over used so the October Event will not have one. But what still is up in the air for October is location.

Mojave? Palm Springs? We will release a save the date section on California Events soon and ask for our friends to chime in,Dig?

Rory "WILDSVILLE MAN" Snyder

http://www.tiki-caliente.com/

[ Edited by: Wildsville man 2012-04-11 15:17 ]

RD

On 2012-04-11 10:53, bigtikidude wrote:
Rum Dog,
I'm confused by all the use of the monkeys.
I thought that goin' primitive was in the fall last year?

Amy's Mojave Oasis, and Goin' Primitive are 2 separate events.

Jeff(btd)

Hey Jeff and anyone else who wants to know,

I’m kind of going with a desert theme that incorporates tikis. The monkeys are just a way to have fun with it, be more creative, and “monkey around”. I am actually using them as a fun unofficial tiki element in the manner of Doug Horne or Robert Jimenez rather than as a “primitive” element. However, I see how people can see how it applies more to the last event and lead to confusion. The use of Native Americans & the Southwest are likewise trying to fit in more in line with the desert/Mojave theme than being a rerun of the primitive theme.

Many of you know I like to go way overboard with themes and especially with campsite decorations which I hope adds to the experience and makes it more memorable. This, along with hosting a leg of the crawl, is my way of filling a niche and having a more active involvement within the tiki community.

Please bear with me over the next week or so as I have some wacky and hopefully entertaining posts in store. Hopefully most are enjoying my shameless self-promotion and humor and are not too offended since some post might cross the boundaries of political correctness. Those not interested, please scroll down or do not click on the thread when you see that I was the last to post.

Thanks and looking forward to seeing everyone next week.

Now back to shameless self promotion of my camp site.

RD

On 2012-04-10 20:11, MadDogMike wrote:

MadDog. Your in luck. While the rest of my tribe has other commitments next week I was able to locate a couple of actual members of the ApePache tribe who are planning on attending. The one on the right is rumored to be a distant relative to Geronchimpimo but has no papers or even a birth certificate to prove the bloodlines. I will be sure to send them your way.

Hey, people others than us are now posting and making this a more active thread. For a while I thought we were going to be the only ones attending as this thread was becoming too much of a "Dog Show".

J

On 2012-04-11 15:16, Wildsville man wrote:

The Ape/monkey is being over used...

:lol: :lol: :lol:

RD

THE LEGEND OF GERONCHIMPAMO

PART II: Geronchimpimo’s Forefathers & The Direct Link between the Southwest and the South Pacific.

Many have scoffed at and chastised the idea of a fusion of Southwest and South Pacific cultures. They even go as far as to call it blasphemous and sacrilegious. Some naively believe that simians have absolutely nothing to do with tiki and have no place in it. But nothing could be further from the truth. Without the ancient Native Apemerican indigenousness populations there would indeed be no South Pacific Oceanic tiki cultures.

Monkey Polo (Geronchimpamo’s great, great, great, great, grand uncle) left the American Southwest Mojave Desert in 450 BC in search of new flavors after years of complaining about his wife’s bland cooking. His tastebuds had had enough of cornmeal and mush.

His tastebuds would take him on one of the most historic journies in the history of apekind. His quest took him on a path westward across the Pacific Ocean where he eventually arrived in what was to become the Spice Islands. It was there that he discovered the secret spices and ingredients that would come to be in ApePache Firewater and be passed down generation after generation. Several members of these journeys that began out of Mojave went on to make settlements in these previously uninhabited isles.

Depicted above is an early settlement village in the South Pacific by the descendants of Geronchimpamo’s forefathers. Only the original village settlers who migrated from the Mojave Desert were able to use teepees as there were no indigenous buffalos on the islands.

It was in the Far East where Monkey Polo discovered many other spices and herbs that he eventually brought back to the Mojave Desert. Many of these also became key ingediants in ApePache Firewater. There were also other finds such as special weeds that were native to these new lands. These weeds even had special hallucinogenic powers which are still popular among some modern day tiki enthusiasts who shall remain unnamed.

Coming Soon: Part III

Direct proof of Early Mojave inhabitants on the South Pacific Isles.

Dunno about all the chimps here. I've got more then enough monkeys/yard apes of my own to worry about. I do however appreciate Rum Dog's enthusiasm. Getting pretty excited with MOasis just around the corner :D

straight from Lake Mojave!
the Zany Comedy stylins of Lil Lost Tiki and his fishpal Terry McTrout!

these two will be performing in front of their trailer on Saturday
Come pay us a visit!
FREE Chum for the chilluns!

B

Hello Campers!!

Queen K has a couple of really fine mugs being offered up for this year's Mojave Oasis Gathering in her Poly-Pop Paradise that is located smack dab in the heart of the desert!
I am just now completing the final firings on the annual "Mojave Signature Mug" run that the Squidly and I did jointly together. There will only be 50 of these 2012 Mojave Signature Mugs offered this year.

We have chosen to run 12 with a Red interior, 12 with an Orange interior, 12 with a Yellow interior, and finally, 12 with a Mint Green interior. The exterior of these multi-colored gems have been lovingly glazed in a Mojave Stone color. And because this color combination evens out to a mere 48 count...the number #1 & #2 mugs in the lot will be glazed in their own unique one-of-a-kind way. The number #1 mug in this 50 lot run is called "The Mojave Ghost Mug" and is glazed with a bright white interior, with a cream-colored ghostly exterior. The number #2 mug has a tuxedo black interior, which is intensified by the darker Mojave stone-colored exterior...this mug has come to be known in the studio as "The Mojave Midnight Moai Mug".

From conception, I just couldn't help but think that the 4 colors together make a really nice-looking set. Now, I am sure that Queen K will be offering these 50 mugs for sale individually at the event, but it may be difficult to get a full set of the four different colors. Soooo, in order to help promote the event for Queen K, and to give some lucky devil the opportunity to get a full set of all 4 colored mugs, I am going to put the "only" 4 Artist's Proofs of the 2012 Mojave Signature Mug up on eBay as a set prior to the event. I will list this offering in Market Place soon.

My wife (Amy) and I sure had blast last year, and we can't wait to see all of you this year for a repeat!

Artist Proofs - Set of 4

the "Mojave Ghost Mug" #1 and the Mojave Midnight Moai Mug #2

A few up on the shelf...

[ Edited by: Babalu 2012-04-13 13:39 ]

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 378 replies