Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Mojave Oasis April 20-22 Sold Out

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 378 replies

I know this is very last minute, but I won't be able to attend the event and was wondering if anyone wanted to take my tent spot off of my hands? If so, pm or email me and we can make arrangements. I am pretty bummed about not going but hopefully this opportunity will make someones day...or weekend.

I'm already checking for photos of this event. Please lots of photos, Wendy

As I had to cut my Mojave Vacation short by one day to head off to Hawaii in the morning I thought I should Show you the Mug's I picked up at Mojave Oasis 2012.

Great Job Amy,Buzzy and Tonga Hut. The grounds look Awesome and the vibe was perfect.......long live the Queen

I LOVE those!

J

Got caught up in Sin City yesterday ("What happens in Vegas, stays in...") and missed our window for Tikiyaki but my friend did eyeball a pick-up truck pulling a volcano on the 15 South this afternoon !!

[ Edited by: JOHN-O 2012-04-22 19:44 ]

Amy, what a great event - thank you! Had a beautiful relaxing time, got to catch up with some old friends and meet some new ones. The Insect Surfers, The Smoking Menehunes, Tikiyaki, and BigTikiDude rocked. And Mariana the Fire Eating Mermaid was HOT! (pun intended)

Let's see some pics people!

PS, did you get to meet the friend I brought - Gassy Gus? :D

"And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music" Friedrich Nietzsche

[ Edited by: MadDogMike 2012-04-23 00:22 ]

C

Ah, yes, Gus.
He was quite the talker :wink:

Bringing couch surfing to Mojave and a whole new level :D

Well that was certainly a hot weekend in the desert. Mojave Oasis was a blast. Many thanks to the entire community for their part in putting together an event like this. Amy and Ray for hosting. The Insect Surfers, The Smoking Menehunes, and the Tikiyaki Orchestra for playing killer music. Marie, Rory, and Jeremy for tending bar. The crawl hosts for, well, hosting thirsty people. Marina for literally going cross-country to perform. Artists for setting up shop in the heat. Jeff for spinning music all weekend. The folks working so that everyone has a good time. And not least of which, thanks to all the fellow campers for making it a great atmosphere.

I feel like there's a lot more to say about the weekend, except I'm tired and worn out, and photos tell stories just as well in some cases.

Thanks again everyone...now photos!

More to come,

kevin

More photos...

It was great to see so many familiar faces, and see some new ones. :D Until next time!

kevin

Wow, that looks like so much fun. I'll have to go to the next one!

What a fun weekend!! Thanks to all who braved the heat wave and came to the event! Thanks to Insect Surfers, Tikiyaki Orchestra, Marina, Menehunes and Bigtikidude !

Thanks to everyone who worked the event and made it a success, John Dibroc, Julie, Buzzy, Victor, Kelly, Jannae, Mandy,  Spike and Kim at the Ranch, Jeff Crane, Rafella, Stacia, Billy, Chris, Desiree and Billy.

Thanks to Jeremy, Marie and Rory for Bartending! Thanks to Babalu and Max for the Great Mugs! thanks to the Vendors and  Everyone who helped make this the best event at Mojave so far!

The contest winners and our Judges!!!!!!

Judges: Marie King, Sherriyaki, Krisdrama!

Winners: Best Tent decorations and a cool drink- RumDog with Tikipelli
Best cocktail- Babalu and Amy!
Best Host and Honorable mention- Dusty Cajun!

Thanks to all our Crawl Hosts and Crawlers!!!!!

And our sponsors, Frankie's Tiki Room, Appleton Rum, Primo Beer, Canton and the Tonga Hut!

Thanks again to everyone for making Mojave Oasis so much fun!

Amy

[ Edited by: Queen Kamehameha 2012-04-24 07:53 ]

Great photos heylownine! Now I see why you weren't at TH thise evening. :)

Mahalo...and needless to say we were tired once we got home. :)

kevin

Edit: It sounds like the filter was found. Thank you!

Oh and this is a long shot, but if anyone saw a Panasonic lens filter (polarizing, says CPL on the ring) that fits a Nikon camera lens, could you let me know? Based on how my photos look, it went MIA sometime between the crawl and Tikiyaki. :D

Mahalo!

kevin

--
if it's not a little complicated, it's probably not worth it.
http://twitter.com/heylownine

[ Edited by: heylownine 2012-04-23 11:09 ]

Looks like it was a great time!
I hope to make it out to Mojave Oasis someday.

Thanks for all the great photos; it's like getting to be part of the action... from afar.

[ Edited by: Capt. R.H. Falernum 2012-04-23 10:25 ]

The heat and hangover on Saturday are just a regular part of the weekend, right? We had a great time anyway!
Sending out extra special

PURE INSANITY!
After the first two events on the grounds
i couldn't think it could get any FUNNER
But it DID!
Big HUgs to Amy,Ray,Mayor Buzzy,and the crew on the ground for providing such a Wonderful atmosphere to enjoy with the Ohana!
Will post some photos later..
WAY TOO MANY folks to thank for
their hugs
their laughs
their entertainment
their drinks
their regrettable pet stories
their music
their entertainment
their kindness and generosity
their OHANA!
As always such a HEARTBURST to see old friends
and Brand New Ones!
Thanks to ALL who visited the Camoflague Art Tent of Doom!
and especially to those who stayed for awhile...
i even learned why bird poop is white with the lil spot in the middle!
More Later!
Mahalos to all of you who attended
Mix Good people under Amy's wing
in a Paradise of Tiki Wonder
and MAGIC Happens!

There was even a BigFoot sighting during Tikiyaki's performance!
Oh...that was Jeff BTD....
:)

Now that was fun. Great event, as usual. Thanks to Queen K for her endless energy and hard work in making sure everything was just right. Buzzy for Mayor! And thanks to the bands, and the staff, and the vendors, and the Tonga Hut crew, and the great friends old and new.

Some photos

Arrival at Oasis.

Setting up camp.

My awesome neighbors, Mad Dog Mike and Babalu getting some drink advice from Dr. Z.

Babalu customized his rental RV.

Some newly added Tikis.

Smokin Menehunes lunch time session.

Getting ready for the Tent N Trailer Crawl pouring the Mojave Mirage.

Here come the people

Mystery Mug raffle winner.

Next stop Babalu and Amy's.

The Buzzy for Mayor campaign paid off!

Trailer Park Tiki mixing it up.

Night falls on Mojave Oasis and time to say goodbye for another year.

Can't wait until next year.

DC

C

MAHALO to all who worked hard all weekend & before to make the weekend so fun & fabulous!!
Here are just a few views of the weekend :)

Around the campgroud:

Friday evening with the Insect Surfers

Fun room crawlin' & checking out the cool trailers!

Eric October gets ready for Marina's show with some appropriately themed new jewelry

The Mermaid Bar looking spectacular at night!

Tikiaki plays colorfully

& Marina's awe-inspiring show!

Bye, Bye.....for now!

Great pics

W

Awesome pictures! I'll get there one day.

The contest winners and our Judges!!!!!!

Judges: Marie King, Sherriyaki, Krisdrama!

Winners: Best Tent decorations and a cool drink- RumDog with Tikipelli
Best cocktail- Babalu and Amy!
Best Host and Honorable mention- Dusty Cajun!

Thanks to all our Crawl Hosts and Crawlers!!!!!

Great, guys! Tiki trailer paradise, indeed! :)

RD

Kudos to everyone involved who made the event such a terrific weekend.

Special thanks to Jeff Big Tiki Dude who provided the much needed shade all weekend for myself
and my dog Vanilla Bean.

RD

Special thanks to my wife who painted the sides of the tent and for putting up with Camp Tikipelli taking over the living room the last couple of weeks.

RD

RD

Mad Dog Mike's trailer is awesome. It gave me an idea. I think I will get one for my daughter along with a school parking permit and a case of Top Ramin and tell her "Welcome to your on-campus dorm room."

hello all I am John Webber. I attened my first of what I hope is many events this past week end. What can I say other than "WOW!" I had a wonderful time the drinks and music were stealer and the people even better. Hope to met more of you soon. thanks for the good time. John

Great pics! Looks like an amazing time!

RD

Here is another batch of pictures.

THE ENTERTAINMENT

RD

THE TENT & TRAILER CRAWL

TT

Here's a handful of photos from Thursday...

First we tent...

Then we drink...

Some grilled goods for the early birds

Starry night

Love that starry sky shot.

Love the sunset shots Tom. :)

Kevin

B

WOW, Looks like another Incredible time at the Mojave Oasis, You guys did a bang up job again, Wish I was there!

RD

Tonga Tom, your photographs are postcards. I am always amazed by your work. You need to give me some lessons and pointers. It was nice to meet you at Mojave.

Here are my final sets of pictures from last weekend. My ears are starting to pop since this page is running so deep.

RD

THE VENDORS

On 2012-04-25 05:55, Benzart wrote:
WOW, Looks like another Incredible time at the Mojave Oasis, You guys did a bang up job again, Wish I was there!

Benzart, you were there in spirit! We were enjoying your tikis and thinking of you.

Great time! Thank you again to Amy and everyone else who dedicated their time, energy, and hard work into putting on such a great event! Great people, music, food, and tiki energy. Definitely an unforgettable event.

Here's a few pics that I took.

Nice meeting everyone and I look forward to seeing everyone again soon!

CA

What? JP sweating???

Looking Awesome Mojave!

TT

Finally got around to posting a few more photos, these are from Saturday.

Elena and I had a great time. It was good to meet so many new friends. Thanks Amy and support crew for the amazing event. We basically bought our vintage trailer for this event and looking forward to the next one.

Here a a few pics from the weekend.

See you all at Tiki Caliente.

Mahalo,
John

TT

Awesome shots John!

On 2012-04-29 15:05, Tonga Tom wrote:
Awesome shots John!

What he said! Nice to meet you at M Oasis and good luck with the new-old trailer. Looking forward to seeing what it looks like next year.

DC

On 2012-04-29 17:08, Dustycajun wrote:

On 2012-04-29 15:05, Tonga Tom wrote:
Awesome shots John!

What he said! Nice to meet you at M Oasis and good luck with the new-old trailer. Looking forward to seeing what it looks like next year.

DC

You guys were great neighbors. Good meeting you both!

Mahalo!

John, terrific pictures!

Amy

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 378 replies