Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

The lurid low-brow Tiki-Art of Brad (tiki-shark) Parker

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 209 replies

Aloha Tiki Tribe!
I met some great folks / art patrons last night here at the Wyland Kona Oceanfront Gallery. They were building a home Tiki-Bar and looking for art for it's walls! I was honored to hear that! A Home Tiki-Bar has got to be my very favorite final destination for any piece of my art. It's all made with that goal in mind. They purchased one of my best pieces, if you go by the public press a... "Hawaiian Eye" made it into the Annual Art book "Spectrum-19: The Years Best in Contemporary Fantastic Art". I usually get a 1/4 page or a 1/2 page, but this is the only piece so far that has gotten me a Full page in that swanky art book! Of all my work, I asked the curator of "La Luz De Jesus Gallery" in Los Angeles, which of my paintings he felt was my best. I figured he'd be a good person to ask, as "La Luz De Jesus Gallery" is the birthplace of the "Low-Brow" art movement. He told me he thought "Hawaiian Eye" was my best painting! Hmmm! So... these folks have good taste! "Hawaiian Eye is 24" x 30" acrylic on canvas, here it's a high end giclee on heavy paper. I also have them as giclee prints on canvas - original size of 24" x 30" ! SWANKY!

Want one for your very own Home-Tiki-Bar? (I hope!)
contact me at [email protected],
or http://www.mahalotiki.com,
or http://www.wylandbigisland.com

Brad (Tiki Shark) Parker
"Brad Parker creates lurid paintings that pull in influences from tiki, comics, and rock."

[ Edited by: Tiki Shark Art 2013-08-07 18:22 ]

Aloha Tiki Tribe! Okay, I'm way too thrilled by this. I think this "Low-Brow" music video is pretty great. I just noticed that it's timed so the guitar solo comes on with "Tiki Cat" playing the uke ... very funny! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJG9parajk4

Aloha Tiki Tribe! These Music Video tunes "Tiki" & "Quiet Village" - are from the double CD set The Exotic Sounds of Martin Denny. The jazz horns on "Tiki" is Smokin' HOT! And "Quiet Village" may be the tune that started the "Exotica" music sound. "Sound pictures of an evanescent future in far-a-way places after the harsh reality of WWII." This is what my tiki-art is all about... that Hawaii in our dreams... close your eyes and sail away to far off lands...... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7HTCkZXaAvY&feature=youtu.be

[ Edited by: Tiki Shark Art 2013-08-09 06:18 ]

Aloha Tiki Tribe!

I'm working on a new painting named "The Red Tiki Lounge". An important part is "the Red Tiki" which sits outside the lounge... I figured before I went any further, I better get the design of the Red Tiki down - get it just right in my head. Sometimes this is the hardest part of a Tiki-Art painting. I'm kinda picky about how they (the Tikis) look - gotta have that "tiki" feel, that Hawaiiana - "Waikiki-hot-spot" Tiki-feel. Still respectfully done, but cool, not really historic. This can be tricky. This ones coming out pretty good - actually better than I thought, and I think I'm gonna ink it and put it up for sale, as it might look really swank in someones home tiki bar. Anyone like? Personal message me.. or watch as It gets inked... but there is only one, so first come first serve.
Big Aloha!

Brad (Tiki Shark) Parker
"Brad Parker creates lurid paintings that pull in influences from tiki, comics, and rock."

[ Edited by: Tiki Shark Art 2013-08-10 03:23 ]

a pencil study, ... inkin' it now, cause...

ALOHA!
http://youtu.be/7HTCkZXaAvY

Brad (Tiki Shark) Parker

[ Edited by: Tiki Shark Art 2013-08-10 16:30 ]

Aloha Tiki Tribe!
So - this is a pencil study for a current painting I am working on - (see my art blog in "other crafts") - It turned into an ink and acrylic illustration. There is a very important TIKI in the painting, and I wanted to get it's design down just right before I moved on. This is going to be part of a new big "Book Broject" art by me and words by S.P. Grogan (author of "Captain Cooked) - a Tiki Noir mystery pulp novel. Yes, it is called "The Red Tiki" - ah, so what do I do? Paint the darned thing Brown and Blue! No Red! HA! - Well, that's the layers of tinting process of painting with acrylic that I'm learning - red coloring comes next. Anyways, thank you all for all the questions on purchasing. I wasn't sure of cost because it kept evolving into something nicer. Now, it's almost done. $500.00 - no cash in the 'ol pay-pal yet, so it's still available. I will post it's finished version soon - then later today I go back to the canvas (yippee!) Here's a look at the rest of the project/painting so far...

Aloha!

Brad (Tiki Shark) Parker

[ Edited by: Tiki Shark Art 2013-08-11 13:11 ]

Aloha Tiki Tribe! I was up early...after a night out celebrating my agents' Birthday (the big five Oh, and I don't mean the TV show Hawaii Five O!) So I might have been a little blurry eyed,

...but such nice folks came in to buy a full sized giclee on canvas of "Beyond the Reef" from the Wyland Kona Oceanfront Gallery - I HAD to stop in and say HEY! (and it helped drag my butt outa' bed and get me to da' Gym...)

..and they bought it from Susan Grimm - the New lady at the Wyland! - I think that was her first Tiki-Shark sale! So, OK, she's new at the Wyland, and new to Low-Brow and Tiki-Art, so I've been sending her all kinda' stuff about Tiki, and Exotica, Low-Brow Art...now she's starting to feel comfortable talking about the Art I do to to folks who come in. This was a big day , and it was good to be there for her too. Great person. Of course I made her watch and listen to this! http://youtu.be/7HTCkZXaAvY And There's always something fun about showing people the world of TIKI-Culture, it's history and music. Cool stuff!

This is such a cool piece, and the Art patrons who bought it are huge Disney fans and totally caught the Pirates vibe from it. Saw it. Went away... couldn't stop thinking about it... and came back. But, what got 'em in the door was they wanted the TIKI mugs! What's funny is, The fella grew up here, has been by this gallery a million times, but never saw anything to make him go in...then saw teh tiki-mugs through the window! (Ah, tiki-mugs, how many of us know that as the gate-way to Tiki-Culture!) BIG ALOHA!

Aloha Tiki Tribe! I don't know if I let you all know, but MahaloTiki is my mainland Rep now... please take a look at his web site for ordering Tiki-Shark art, now you won't have to pay for shipping from Hawaii! Check it out at http://www.mahalotiki.com or https://www.facebook.com/tikisharkarthawaii

Aloha Tiki Tribe!

I'm working on a canvas called "The Red Tiki Lounge".

I needed to stop and really make sure I had the design of the "RED TIKI" just right- or as good as I could get it. For me, a good tiki has to kick me in the gut, give me that thrill I got from seeing my first tiki. It can't be too goofy, or too historical, it's gotta scream "Tiki-Culture" and this one has to sit out side a Tiki Lounge... so needs to have that kinda feel. Also, it never hurts to think "hmmm, wonder if this would make a cool mug?".

So, I stopped and got out the super-duper cool thick raw paper sketch book (boy I love this thing, and have not seen another like it since I bought it. I should have bought every one they had, I'm down to my last precious pages of this beautiful thick, raw stock.

What started as a pencil sketch, turned into a ink study... now, it's a full-on "Ink & Acrylic illustration". I even did some acrylic techniques of layering in red over blue under-painting..and this thick paper took it with no problem! Love it! Anyways it's done, I dig this design, and I feel this sez "THE Red Tiki" for me - and will look cool in the painting. I really dig that little bit of red vs purple-blue I worked out on the highlights and shadows. I'm gonna pump that up more in the painting, use it to greater areas... That will help me pick out what lighting will go where in the painting so I can keep that effect.
SO, now that I got my Tiki Design, instead of letting this just sit in a forgotten sketch book like I used to, I dig selling my studies to folks , so they can go up in their home-tiki-bars, or galleries. Make a cool lower priced original piece of art, that can have a print of the final painting along side it - great conversation starters at tiki cocktail parties (I imagine)... "Oh that print? Yeah that's cool, and here's an original study Brad did of the tiki in the painting..." Swanky. Very Swanky! so It's for SALE! My agent suggest $500.00. Wow, sure the prices of my work has , finally , been steadily going up, so yeah, a gallery would sell it for that easy. But, here on TC, I'm not a gallery. You got a direct line to my Art studio, so I'll just take off the 50% a gallery (well, some galleries put on 60%) would stick on the piece for sale. So let's say $250.00. What do you think? I have no plans to make this into a edition of prints, Limited or not - this is the only one. It may get used in a book. A book of my art, along with a tiki-noir mystery being written by S.P. Grogan (author of Captain cooked -a neat little mystery that all takes place on the big island - and uses my art on the cover.) Anyway, that might tell you why this tiki design is so important.

• the books title is "Atomic Dreams in the Red Tiki Lounge", and centers around the theft of a 300 lb Tiki from out side a Tiki Lounge right at the end of WWII. A seamingly impossible crime.. with many unforeseen reprocussions as the story unfolds. There's the birth of Tiki-Culture, mystery, action, romance, and even a bit of supernatural events in the story so far - plus ALL my art. Gonna be something different than just an art book. Anyways, There is only one Red Tiki Study - it can be yours... Hey, imagine this... that same tiki-cocktail party; you might be looking at the print of the painting, & the Tiki study... then, you pull out a copy of the BOOK! Ultra-Swanky! Personal message me. First come first serve. Thank you so much for all the support and Aloha!

"The Red Tiki"
    (study for painting)
    "Ink & Acrylic illustration" on heavy paper,
    9" x 12"
    $250.00

• I take pay Pal. Personal message me.

Ultra-Swanky Aloha!
Brad (tiki-shark) Parker

[ Edited by: Tiki Shark Art 2013-08-13 00:43 ]

Aloha Tiki Tribe!

• SOLD -
    "The Red Tiki":
    Ink & Acrylic illustration on paper, 9" x 12". Mahalo everyone who inquired, & thanks for the support & Aloha.
    BP~

[ Edited by: tiki shark art 2013-08-14 18:07 ]

"Aloha Tiki Tribe!

...I am Béla Lugosi!

...I give you the TIKI OASIS BLOW-OUT Tiki-Calendar SALE!!

...Dig the cool swanky Tiki Calendars!

...I am controlling the mind of Mahalo-Tiki (Nelson Parker) and I will bend him to my will!

...He is my Zombie!

...and I will make him give you a big TIKI OASIS BLOW-OUT Tiki-Calendar SALE! Go to Tiki Oasis...

...listen to my words in your mind...

...Drink the Zombie...

...Go see Nelson Parker & buy a Tiki Calendar

...and ask for da' big TIKI OASIS discount price ...$10!

...This is Béla Lugosi in your mind saying

...ALOHA!"

http://www.mahalotiki.com http://www.tikioasis.com/

[ Edited by: Tiki Shark Art 2013-08-15 20:41 ]

Aloha Tiki Tribe! It's the Béla Lugosi contest!! If you can name the Three films those photos of Béla Lugosi are from I will send you a FREE 2014 TIKI Calendar, signed, with FREE shipping!!! -but, …you gotta name 'all three. Two of them are pretty easy, but one is fairly obscure. First Tiki-Tribe member to post the names of all three films Wins! Good luck & ALOHA!

On 2013-08-15 20:25, Tiki Shark Art wrote:
"Aloha Tiki Tribe!

...I am Béla Lugosi!

...I give you the TIKI OASIS BLOW-OUT Tiki-Calendar SALE!!

...Dig the cool swanky Tiki Calendars!

...I am controlling the mind of Mahalo-Tiki (Nelson Parker) and I will bend him to my will!

...He is my Zombie!

...and I will make him give you a big TIKI OASIS BLOW-OUT Tiki-Calendar SALE! Go to Tiki Oasis...

...listen to my words in your mind...

...Drink the Zombie...

...Go see Nelson Parker & buy a Tiki Calendar

...and ask for da' big TIKI OASIS discount price ...$10!

...This is Béla Lugosi in your mind saying

...ALOHA!"

http://www.mahalotiki.com http://www.tikioasis.com/

[ Edited by: Tiki Shark Art 2013-08-15 20:41 ]

Aloha Tiki Tribe! It's the Béla Lugosi contest!! If you can name the Three films those photos of Béla Lugosi are from I will send you a FREE 2014 TIKI Calendar, signed, with FREE shipping!!! -but, …you gotta name 'all three. Two of them are pretty easy, but one is fairly obscure. First Tiki-Tribe member to post the names of all three films Wins! Good luck & ALOHA!

[ Edited by: Tiki Shark Art 2013-08-16 01:24 ]

KK

Chandu the Magician..... Dracula........White Zombie.

Sorry. You got one right: Yes on "White Zombie". No "Dracula". No "Chandu the Magician (but that's a good guess!)

you'll find out, mark of the vampire, white zombie

Correct!

#1.) "You'll Find Out": A mystery/comedy with "Boris Karloff" & "Peter Lorre" - where Bela Lugosi is a psychic medium (hence the turban) and there is one of the coolest and most swanky seance scenes ever with Bela conjuring the "Fire of Death" to protect the room from Evil spirits while Kay Kaiser's band plays some mood music ...complete with glowing conductor baton! The film was nominated for an Academy Award in 1940 for Best Original Song (I'd Know You Anywhere). Yeah, it's got musical numbers!

#2.) - "Mark of the Vampire" (also known as Vampires of Prague) 1935: Mark of the Vampire was originally 75 minutes, but was cut back to 61 minutes by MGM. Reportedly this was due to incestuous overtones – then unacceptable by the standards of the Production Code – between Count Mora (played by Lugosi) and his daughter Luna. In the original script, it is explained that Count Mora was condemned to eternity as a vampire for this crime. The now-mysterious blood on the right temple is the result of him shooting himself out of guilt.

#3.) "White Zombie" (1932) This is one of my all time favorite films, for many reasons. It has some amazing visuals, that still are creepy and striking. It's perhaps the very first "Zombie" film ever made. It treated it's black characters not as stereo-types so common in the 30's but as real people not in the embrassing "over-the-top" comedy relief all black characters were forced to play in films of that time period. And, of course, Béla Lugosi stars as the antagonist, "Murder Legendre". One of Béla's best roles ever! Really at the top of his game. Béla Lugosi is in Fantaisticly extreme villianous make-up (with ultra arched eye-brows and a satanic looking forked beard) designed by the famous Jack Pierce - the genius responsible for the make-up of several other famous horror films of the era including Frankenstein, The Wolf Man, and The Mummy (1932). "White Zombie"'s an American independent Pre-Code horror film directed and produced by brothers Victor Halperin and Edward Halperin. The screenplay by Garnett Weston, based on a book by William Seabrook, it tells the story of a young woman's transformation into a zombie at the hands of an evil voodoo master; Béla Lugosi as "Murder Legendre" the King of the Zombies!
I so love this film, I made a "Tiki-Art Low-Brow" painting bout it: "Béla Lugosi has a Zombie", 24" x 30" acrylic on Canvas.
- OKAY - You Won! Personal message me where you want your signed Tiki Calendar! ALOHA!

[ Edited by: tiki shark art 2013-08-18 03:47 ]

I gotta say, Holler Waller, I am impressed!

I must not be the only Bela Lugosi nut in the Tiki Tribe!

I knew folks would get "White Zombie", and "Mark of the Vampire" is pretty easy for a Lugosi fan once you notice the bullet hole in his head...

...but I NEVER thought anyone would guess "You'll Find Out"!! - even though it is a wonderful movie. It's a musical comedy/haunted mansion romp done in total 1940's over the top glamor style. It has the three greatest silver screen villains of all time ( Boris Karloff, Peter Lorre, and Bela Lugosi ) all working together against the odd-ball comedy maestro of his day: "Kay Kaiser and his Musical Collage Orchestra".

It's BEAUTIFULLY shot is that glorious Black and White that just glows on the screen with shadows and lighted areas crafting created depth in this mansion of weird tribal artifacts ( I keep looking for a Tiki, but not sure I've found one yet) like no color film can.

Boris is at his ultra-suave best.

Peter Lorre is trim and lethal in a smoking lounge-lizard kinda' way.

Then Bela Lugosi comes in as a psychic in a turban, evil incarnate in all the splendor a 1940's Hollywood could create. the ultimate scene in the film is a seance, held by Bela Lugosi - who seals the room with these mega-deadly Tesla Phantasm silver spheres shooting Frankenstein voltage in "The Fire of Death" at any "evil spirit" (or helpless victim) trying to pass through the exits of the room during the seance.

Kay Kaiser's band just so happens to set up in the grand ball room where the seance is being held, and sets the mood- with glowing conductor baton weaving in gloomy atmosphere!

Freakin' awesome! Lugosi enters the Spirit Box and goes into a Deep Trance... bringing in the supernatural, and maybe an untimely early death to a young heiress... a real show stopping scene that is just off the swank scale! All this plus, a some musical numbers.

Anyways - it's worth a watch.
Congrats H.W.!

http://www.tcm.com/this-month/article/82791%7C0/You-ll-Find-Out.html

[ Edited by: Tiki Shark Art 2013-08-16 21:55 ]

Thanks for the contest -

-after weeks of moving, just today I found my other unused signed calendar

Aloha Tiki Tribe! Left to Right: The Body Glove Sea-Creature. Me & owner Daley Meistrell (third generation of the surfing & diving family who owns Body Glove), The limited edition set of Body Glove 60th Anniversary / Sea-Creature Tiki-Mugs! Release date is October 24th to pre-order your set (before they sell out cause they are half gone now) contact http://www.mahalotiki.com/ & http://www.wylandbigisland.com/

"Beyond The Reef" This month's best selling Giclee Art Print. Contact http://www.mahalotiki.com

Aloha Tiki Tribe! Check out the Wyland Gallery Monthly specials! http://www.wylandbigisland.com/monthly_specials.html

KK

Thanx for the heads up Brad! Just ordered my A/P edition limited to 10 sets of the Body Glove mugs from Kris at Wylands. Cant wait to see how you can make these even more cooler!

Aloha Tiki Tribe!

The Body Glove Sea-Creature is coming! It crawled into the Surf World as an entry into the "Trans World Surf Film Contest", representing Body Glove, Pro-Surfer / Film Maker Greg Browning made "The Disappearance": a 7 minute film about the Body Glove Surf Team on a remote island looking for the perfect wave, and finding a hungry Sea-Creature. The film won FIRST PLACE! - plus Took several other Surf Film Festivals by storm. Greg showed it to me in hope it'd inspire me, and it did! I painted a 24" x 30" Tiki-Art version that was sold, ...but, now you can have the Body Glove Sea Creature Lurk in your home Tiki-Bar as a beautiful, Limited edition, signed & Numbered, Museum Quality Giclee Art Print on Canvas. Same size as the original & made with fade resistant archival inks. Even in a bright room this puppy will not loose it's vibrant colors!

Check out the 7 minute Film "The Disappearance" here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YH7i3d0VJ1A

Want to purchase an Ultra-Swanky Art Print? Limited Edition Canvas, or same fade resistant High Quality on Paper at 16" x 20"- They can be pre-ordered (to the public Sale on October 24th - just in time for Halloween! ) from Mahalo Tiki at http://www.mahalotiki.com or from the Wyland Gallery here in Kailua-Kona, Hawaii at http://www.WylandBigIsland.com. Find more Sea-Creature & Tiki swanky swag at https://www.facebook.com/tikisharkarthawaii
ALOHA!

[ Edited by: Tiki Shark Art 2013-08-31 18:36 ]

Aloha Tiki Tribe!
Getting ready for the big Body Glove 60th Anniversary Party (featuring the Body Glove SEA-CREATURE!) this October 24th & 25th, right here in Kailua-Kona, Hawaii -

Today we were giving the "GO AHEAD" to the tee shirt folks.

Half of the shirts are gonna be this cool "Big Island Tie-Dye" style -

The Body Glove 60th Anniversary logo on the front and a Black & White version of the Body Glove Sea Creature on the back -

came out looking even better than we hoped for! Can't be here to buy one, but still want one?

Special pre-event sale prices at [email protected] -
I think they're gonna' go for a special limited time (lets get the ball rollin') price of $20 if you pre-order NOW (plus $5 S&H), and $30 at the Event. Supplies are limited.... My agent already thinking we didn't order enough from the folks asking for shirts (!) Sheesh - these things are so hard to gage, ya know? You don't want to have too many, and get stuck, but you want enough for every one who wants pone... guess we didn't know that his many people woulds want one! Oh well, order now and make sure to get yours. Big MAHALO to everyone asking, and thanks so much for all the support and ALOHA!

Aloha Tiki Tribe!

For anyone who was worried about not getting a limited edition Body Glove 60th Anniversary / Sea-Creature Tiki-Mug set before they sold out, now you can pre-order your set to make sure you get them before they DO SELL OUT!

(PSSST! ...and now that Mayor Billy Kenoi: (Mayor of the Big Island of Hawaii) is fer sure coming to BOTH nights of the event, October 24th & 25th, ... plus 2 generations of the surfing / diving family who own the best American Surf Brand: Body Glove will be there to sign autographs, and mugs, & get pictures taken! ...plus "Body Glove Hawaii" will be there giving away prizes like free snorkel/cruise boat trips! ...plus, the actual "Body Glove SEA-CREATURE" from "the Disappearance"- the 1st place winner of the Trans World Surf film contest, yep, the CREATURE itself will be lurking around having it's photo taken with guests - like you! ...Plus, a live Radio feed from the event by LAVA 105.3 FM ...Plus, a FREE to the public, concert by local music legend, award winning, Grammy nominated singer/songwriter, Henry Kapono! ...Plus, oh yeah, "me": your friendly neighborhood "Tiki-Shark" will be there to sign the mugs I designed, and sign any other Art prints, or cards, or calendars! Plus, there is a special Body Glove Sea-Creature Beach Towel for sale, that can also get autographed! ...Plus, there will also be cool "Creature-Tees": Tee-Shirts with the Body Glove Sea-Creature on them designed by me, for sale, and these too can get autographed! ......Plus, Don's Mai-Tai Bar will be inventing and serving a NEW tropical drink created special for this event that comes in a Sea-Creature Tiki-Mug called : "The CREATURE!! ...Plus we have organized a special room rate with The Royal Kona Resort for October. Please refer all lodging inquiries directly to Royal Kona at 1-800-222-5642. You will need to mention “TIKIMUGS” to get the special rate of $105 per night including free parking. ...Plus, did I mention we'll have cake? ...Plus, ...well, ...jeepers creepers! You get the idea!!!)

Yeah, I'm pretty, darned sure we will SELL OUT of these really beautiful, (perhaps the best ones I've ever designed), Limited-Edition Body Glove 60th Anniversary Sea-Creature Tiki-Mugs. ...And dig this: These are the ONLY Tiki-Mugs Body Glove has EVER made... in their entire 60 year history!! Wow! Talk about collectable!

The Tiki-Mug Sets have been moving very briskly.

We have just ensured we'll have a good amount (right now) so, no worries! ( for the moment)

You love 'em? You want 'em? Don't wait.

Go ahead! Pre-order your set!

The Gallery is ready, and can take your order now -

yes, even before the "Big Body Glove 60th Anniversary & Sea-Creature Tiki-Mug Release Party on October 24th & 25th!

Pre-oreder yours at:
Wyland Kona Oceanfront Gallery
75-5770 Alii Dr
Kailua Kona, HI 96740-1782
Phone – (808) 334-0037
Toll Free – (888) 435-6612

Email – [email protected]
or

http://www.mahalotiki.com

Big Mahalo, and Big Aloha!!

However, if you are on a budget, and do not want to pay an art gallery the art gallery prices they charge, you can wait to order... wait till after the 24th of October and buy on line from http://www.tikifarm.com and http://www.mahalotiki.com and (if there are any left) at http://www.bodyglove.com.

https://www.facebook.com/MayorKenoi
http://www.bodyglove.com/?mwrc_session_code=Rvwfiw5pZ2TNSZazAph8
http://www.bodyglovehawaii.com
http://www.bodyglove.com/campaigns/the-disappearance/
http://henrykapono.com/bio.htm
https://www.facebook.com/bradtikisharkparker
http://www.royalkona.com

[ Edited by: Tiki Shark Art 2013-09-11 14:56 ]

ALOHA TIKI TRIBE!

"The Body Glove 60th Anniversary Tiki-Mug Sets"
...are ready for pre-order!
Get yours at:
or
the Wyland Kona Oceanfront Gallery
75-5770 Alii Dr
Kailua Kona, HI 96740-1782
Phone – (808) 334-0037
Toll Free – (888) 435-6612
Email – [email protected]
or
[email protected]
or wait till after the 24th of October and buy on line from http://www.tikifarm.com and http://www.mahalotiki.com and (if there are any left) at http://www.bodyglove.com

[ Edited by: Tiki Shark Art 2013-09-11 14:51 ]

Aloha Tiki Tribe!

"THE TALES FROM THE TIKI LOUNGE"

My Art Agent finally talked me into letting these four ultra swank 1 of 1 art prints go up for sale. They have been hanging in my art studio. They're some of my favorite images, and I have enjoyed them... but now it's time for the rest of the world to enjoy these gems too. Like I said each one is a ONE-OF-A-KIND piece. Only one was printed at this size, on canvas, with this antique patina to look like old pulp magazine / comic book cover art. Beautiful - maybe the closest I've ever gotten to making true "Low-Brow" art...

One I was just told is SOLD.
You can buy the remaining 3 at http://www.mahalotiki.com

ALOHA!
Brad (Tiki Shark) Parker

[ Edited by: Tiki Shark Art 2013-09-09 17:30 ]

Aloha Tiki Tribe!
We just picked up the finished CREATURE TEES today for the big October Party!

Yeah, that's the big Body Glove 60 Year Anniversary Party, Oct 24th & 25th, here in Kailua-Kona, Hawaii.
Many things will be on sale, like...

A Body Glove / Sea-Creature Tiki-Mug Set!

A Body Glove Sea Creature Beach Towel!

A Body Glove Sea Creature Art Print!

and NOW...the Body Glove CREATURE TEES!

Tan (raw-Hemp for you in Surfer-lingo)

Black

Blue Tie-Dye

Black Tie-Dye (my favorite!)

You can pre-order any or all of these cool swanky things from
or
from my art studio at [email protected]

What is the Body Glove Sea Creature you ask? Why, it's the monster in the 1st place winner of the TRANS WORLD SURF FILM CONTEST!
Watch that ward winning short film here:
http://www.bodyglove.com/campaigns/the-disappearance/?mwrc_session_code=SDaeAzPyhH7V6IjTf8qO

ALOHA
!!!

Aloha Tiki Tribe!

On October 24th & 25th, 2013, here in Kailua-Kona Hawaii, Body Glove is celebrating it's 60 year Anniversary as one of America's best known Surf Brands. As part of that, I got together with Body Glove and Tiki-Farm and I designed a set of Tiki-Mugs.

(Me, and Body Glove owner Bill Meistrell, and his Tikis, and new Tiki-Mugs)

"The Body Glove Tiki-Mug Set". The first, and only, tiki-mugs this world famous Surf Brand has ever made in 60 years of surf history. Kinda hard to believe for a big surf brand, but there ya' go.

In this set you get 3 monster mugs!:

(and when I say MONSTER I really do mean there is a MONSTER involved here!)

"The Body Glove 60th year Anniversary Tiki-Mug". Emblazoned with the surfing motto "Protect the Core".. meaning the core of the sport of Kings: a good sport, with good sportsmanship, and real surfing ideals from a beach community based surf brand, not corporation / wall street slogans, but real beach livin' & loving' ALOHA."

"The 'Shark-Tiki' Body Glove Tiki-Mug" - the mythic Mug of a Tiki dedicated to a Shark-God who watches over wayward surfers. It's two aumakua Shark-spirits swim around it's base.

"The Body Glove Sea-Creature Tiki-Mug". Lurking in the tropical jungles of a remote, unknown island caressed with perfect waves, this sea-beastie doesn't like sharing his shore, and gives a menacing new meaning to the old warning: "Locals Only!" He's the newest, and only, sea-monster spawned from a 1st place winning Surf Film: Body Glove's "The Disappearance".

Discover The Body Glove Sea-Creature in Greg Browning's 1st place Trans World Surf film festival winner -

PRE-ORDER the limited-edition Tiki-Mugs these come with autographs of the local Artist who designed the Mugs (me), and Meistrell family members (the owners of the Body Glove Surf Brand for 3 generations.), and were here in Kona for the Body Glove party with Mayor Billy Kenoi (Mayor of the Big Island of Hawaii) I'm not kidding!, a REAL-DEAL Blessing from a Hawaiian Kahu akua, still, I'm not kidding!, a free concert (maybe Henry Kapono, but, if Henry has touring commitments, I am pushing to have Tiki-culture famous just turned 90-years-young vibraphone player Sean Wilkinson! Still, not kidding!, Take a spin on the "Body Glove Hawaii Wheel-of-Prizes" and WIN BIG when you buy a Tiki-Mug! Meet the President of Body Glove, Meet the Body Glove SEA-CREATURE and get a Photo with him! join in a Live Radio show from the party on LAVA FM! ..and get your Tiki Mugs sharpie-marker signed by as many of these special people as you can, as well as your BG Sea-Creature Beach Towel, and Creature Tee, and Sea-Creature Art Print... we are overwhelmed at all the ALOHA the Big Island is showing us at this event! (P.S. the Hawaii governor's office called my Art Agent with more news about yet another very special "happening" at the Event, but it's too soon to talk about THAT) ,...and we'll have Body glove 60th Anniversary cake, and of course, Exotic Tropical DRINKS! Per hhaps one named "The Kona Kreature served in a tall frosty Creature Tiki-Mug!
(And, on a more sober note, money from this event is going to local Big Island Charity as well. Spreading ALOHA!)
...And this all takes place at the fabulous open-air Don's Mai-Tai Bar in the lobby of the Royal Kona Resort, right on
the Kona Bay at Sunset!, Then the Wyland Kona Oceanfront Gallery on night 2!

All these mugs are for pre-order purchase from [email protected] at the Wyland Kona Oceanfront Gallery, my home gallery here in Kailua-Kona, Hawaii. Mahalo Tiki will also have some of these mugs that have all this Big Island mojo and celeb autographs and ALOHA...

Now, these are obviously special event mugs, signed, blessed, defaced with sharpie markers, and all that...but I didn't want to make Tiki-Mugs that would only be sold to people who had the $ to come all the way to Hawaii for this once -in-a-lifetime event.

This is all fantastic, beyond anything we dreamed of happening, but... what about the tiki tribe members livin' somewhere on the mainland, or Canada, or France, on a budget?

What? they don't get the chance to have a Tiki-Mug? I didn't want that. Never was my intension. Coming here would cost $. The special autographjed Mugs are being sold by a Art Gallery and are at Art Gallery prices. Honestly, I didn't set out to make Tiki-Mugs the average collector could not afford.

Once, back in the 80's, a very special person - a personal mentor; British writer, film maker, and artist, Clive Barker told me "Art should be for everyone, not just the rich" ...and that stuck with me.

So, after the Huge Body Glove Anniversary Event... we are gonna offer some of the Tiki-Mugs, (with no special autographs, or Big Island Mayor mojo, or Hawaiian blessings, or drunken sharpie scrawls, or any of that) Just the beautiful Tiki-Mugs, up for sale on-line - for as long as supplies last. I cannot say exactly how many, but this gives everyone at least a chance to get one or a whole set for their collection, even if they can't afford a trip to Hawaii. 

REALLY, I would LOVE to get a Signed Tiki-Mug to every single person who wants one, - I don't think that is in my power. But, this is with-out us going bankrupt (I think).

So....

After October 25th, while supplies last, you can order unsigned mugs on line at http://www.tikifarm.com
or
http://www.mahalotiki.com.

I hope that helps the tiki-tribe members who were starting to feel real left out... not feel so left out.

Big, BIG, Aloha and mahalo for all your support!

[ Edited by: Tiki Shark Art 2013-09-13 11:19 ]

Aloha Tiki Tribe!
It's 37 days till Hawaii-Ween!

We're working hard getting ready for the season by sorting out all the weirder "Brad (Tiki-Shark) Parker" Tiki-Art printed out in beautiful giclees:
(dats french for swanky Art Print) - museum quality, fade resistant inks, on canvas and on heavy paper.
What was a lot of work? The printing? Naw. Figuring out what "Brad (Tiki-Shark) Parker " art was WEIRDER!
There's...

"The Four Classic Monsters on Vacation",

"Frankenstein goes Hawaiian"

"Dracula drinks ...a Mai -Tai"

"The Werewolf of Waikiki"

& the "Kreature From Kona",

together and...

separate.

"Bela Lugosi Has a Zombie"
Plus (the most in-demand Art-print of the season)....

"Hawaii-Ween"!
And of course all the Body Glove Sea-Creature Art, Tiki-Mugs and Tee Shirts for our event on Oct 24th & 25th!

For purchase of your Hawaii-Ween Tiki-Treat contact
or the Wyland Kona Ocean Front Gallery in Hawaii:
[email protected]
or
my art studio "Tiki Shark Hawaii"
[email protected]

[ Edited by: Tiki Shark Art 2013-09-25 12:33 ]

Aloha Tiki Tribe!
Digging through storage this morning I found this: The LAST Wood cut print of "Forbidden Island" and the Original Sketch it came from!
My Art Agent, Abbas, wants to do a double frame job - very swanky, and put it in my July 2014 art show at La Luz de Jesus.

"Forbidden Island"
Wood cut (1 of ?) last one! plus, the original sketch.
No price yet.
If you are interested please contact Abbas at [email protected]
aloha BP!

Aloha Tiki Tribe!
Well, it's getting to be THAT time of year -
Time for pumpkin smashing & soaping windows? 
Well, YES!...

... but also Calendar purchasing for next year!
For yourself and for your friends! Especially your TIKI lovin' friends and family!

Since it's also THAT black and orange time of year as well,

...Bela Lugosi has risen from his grave to put in a shameless pitch for my ...

NEW 2014 TIKI CAlendar!
GET yours HERE from ME - ( da' Artist! ) ...and get yours AUTOGRAPHED!
Right on da' front next to the Bongo Playing Tiki-Cat!

Here's da' back showing how chocked full of Swanky TIKI painting is iz!

I got a big steaming pile of TIKI right here!

... and it's waiting to be scrawled upon JUST FOR YOU!!!
Just send in $20 ( Plus $5 Shipping and Hand-Spanking )

I take pay pal -
Please, put in a note what you are sending me $ for...
...and and how many,
...and where I should send it, ...thanks!

My registered pay pal address is [email protected]

I will fling your AUTOGRAPHED TIKI calendar to you ...Right AWAY!
Thank you and....
ALOHA!

[ Edited by: Tiki Shark Art 2013-09-25 20:10 ]

Aloha Tiki Tribe!

SPECIAL SENSATIONAL SEASONAL ART SALE!

A special 1-of-a-kind package of swank-sinister
Tiki-Art to kick off the "Hawaii-Ween" Season!
Here it is:

Monsters in Hawaii ultra-delux set!

The MONSTERS on VACATION Special combo print!
All our favorite Monsters in one swanky print:
"Dracula Drinks... a Mai-Tai"
"Frankenstein goes Hawaiian"
"The Kreature From Kona"
and...
"The Were Wolf of Waikiki"
Signed by da' Artist (me)
A 16" x 20" high-end giclee on heavy paper.
Museum quality, fade resistant inks.
This art print will NOT fade - even in a bright room.
Comes with Certificate.

PLUS;
The whole Set of Four "Monsters in Hawaii" Post-Cards!

Every ultra-hipster-kitschy Post-Card is signed by da' Artist.

PLUS;
An original drawing for "Dracula Drinks... A Mai Tai"
8.5" x 11" sketch book paper.
This little gem I just "dug up" from a sketch book, and is in pristine condition.
It has this great expressive/energy that I tried soooo hard to get in the painting,
but could never quite capture as well as I did here in this drawing.

Whole one-of-a-kind package for $375.00
(Plus $10 Shipping and Hand-Spanking)
There is only one set like this, so first come first gets it!
Please post here, and/or message me.
I take Pay Pal

Good Luck, and
ALOHA!

Aloha Tiki Tribe!
We have guests coming for the big Body Glove Event in October, so I have been cleaning up my art studio...and finding things I din't know I had. Like that recent Drawing from "Dracula Drinks ... A Mai-Tai".
I was so happy that I found that one, I dug throught that pile...and sure enough I found another sketch of another one of the 4 monsters. Well, I found 2 more drawings... another Dracula, and THIS one:

"The Were Wolf of Waikiki"
Drawing on paper
8.5" x 11"
I think I'll put it together with this really sweet giclee I have had hanging in my studio for a while. It's another cover to "Tales from the Tiki Lounge", with "The Were Wolf Of Waikiki" on the cover. On canvas, gallery wrapped. A really cool print I enjoyed a long time, but now that I'm cleaning things up, moving things around, I think I can say good by to it and let it go to someone's swanky TIKI-Space. And I'm gonna add in this original sketch/study too.
I'll get a photo of the giclee up.... next posting, and a price. Think I should add in a set of post cards? Hmmm, they are cool, I gotta look around see if I got another set. Anyone Dig the Werewolf? Lemme know now, and we can talk about a good price ...
ALoha!

OKee DoKEE,
Here's that shot of the nice giclee print of "TALES FROM THE TIKI LOUNGE" - the "WERE WOLF OF WAIKIKI" issue.

12.5" x 18"
Gallery Wrapped, signed, giclee on canvas
Made with archival fade resistant inks
(High quality printing: it will not fade, even in a bright room, I've had one in direct sunlight, and 6 years later it looks perfect.)
This "Pulp Magazine cover from 1959" has a Vintage patina: scratches and dirt - These effects were created in the computer with special filters I got via the tiki-art underground- and word is they are the same filters Marvel uses when they want to create a "Vintage" Art of an old comic book cover. all put on in the creation of this print to give it a Vintage Comic book Look.
With this Giclee (that is numbered 1 of 1 as it's a special Extremely limited print I did for a art show, and since has hung in my art studio. There are no others like this.)

Pencil on paper, 8" x 11"
Original Art
ALSO - an original pencil drawing I made when I was painting "the Were Wolf of Waikiki"

Both pieces for $250.00
Plus $20 Shipping and Hand-Spanking

I take pay Pal
There is only one, so first post, or first personal message to me gets the Print And Drawing.

Thanks, and ALOHA!
Brad ~

Aloha Tiki Tribe!

Hey, looky-looky new 2014 TIKI Calendars!

Here's the back showing all the swanky month to month TIKI Art!

Order yours here and the artist (me) will autograph it!
$20- TIKI Calendar , signed, $5 (shipping and Hand -Spanking)
I take pay pal
my pay pal registered e-mail is [email protected]
ALOHA,
BP~

Aloha Tiki Tribe!

Welcome to October!
First Tiki-Art/Monster Sale!
I went fishing for a sale with my other Monster art , but got no bites...sooooo....
Now that it's my very favorite month of the year, with my favorite day on the 31st, so a little voice in my head said perhaps I should put it all togerther into one big super-swanky MONSTER ART PACKAGE!
At a really great price!
Here it is:

1.) The MONSTERS in HAWAII.
16" x 20" Giclee limited edition (art print) on heavy paper.
Signed by the artist (me)
Museum quality. Printed with Fade Resistant inks - (hung in a bright sunny room, this beautiful art print will NOT loose it's vivd color. I have had one like it in a bright room for 6 plus years, and it's as perfect as the day I hung it.) ~

2.) Original Pencil Drawing of Dracula Drinks a Mai Tai.
8" x 11" pencil on paper. created when I was painting the "Dracula" painting.

3.) Original Pencil Drawing / study of the Were Wolf.
This 8" x 11" pencil drawing was made when I was doing studies for the Were Wolf of Waikiki Painting.

4.) The MONSTERS in HAWAII POST CARDS
Post cards from Hawaii - with the four classic Monsters on 'em!
These are found for sale locally in tourist shops here on the Big Island, but not on the mainland.
I'm happy to offer a full set of all four ultra-Kitsch Low-Brow Monster Post Cars
Signed by the artist (me!)

This is a one-time package offer!
First post, or personal message to me, gets this one-of-a-kind set of Art Print, 2 Original drawings, and 4 signed mega-Kitschy-Low-Brow Post-Cards!

Whole one-of-a-kind package for $250.00
(Plus $10 Shipping and Hand-Spanking)
There is only one set like this, so first come first gets it!
Please post here, and/or message me.
I take Pay Pal

Good Luck, and
ALOHA!
I take Pay Pal.
Thanks for shopping....
ALOHA!
BP~

Brad's Imaginary Low-Brow-Art Muse Sez:
"Hey, C'mon, it Halloween... I'll make da' kid throw in a signed, 2014, TIKI Calendar too!
Now that's a real Hawaii-Ween Treat!"

[ Edited by: Tiki Shark Art 2013-09-30 21:16 ]

Aloha Tiki Tribe!

Hey, it's OCTOBER 1st!

30 days till "HAWAI-WEEN"!

A good time to get your 2014 TIKI Calendar!

Every month gotz-a TIKI ART painting to sooth your eye-balls!
Order yours!
$20- TIKI Calendar, all the way from Hawaii to you!, $5 (shipping and Hand -Spanking)
I take pay pal.
my pay pal registered e-mail is [email protected]
ALOHA,
BP~

Brad's Imaginary Low-Brow-Art Muse Sez:
"Hey, you forgot to tell 'em you'll autograph each one!"

~ Oh yeah, thank you Imaginary Low-Brow-Art Muse!
Buy a calendar AND "The Arr-teest" (me) will sign each and every one!

KK

Just scored your cool "NAKALELE KNOCKOUT" Tiki mug thru Frankie's Tiki Room in Vegas! I see it's the same one from the Tiki Midnight wood cut, Im building a cool collection from your wood cut series for sure!

aloha tiki tribe!

The big Body Glove 60 Year Anniversary Party is almost here!

Oct 24 & 25th here in Kailua-Kona HAwaii!
Meet the owners of Body Glove, mayor Billy Kenoi of the Big Island...and others
Lots of limited edition swag is up for sale!

If you can't be here get your Limited edition tiki mugs from...
http://www.tikifarm.com
or
or
from the Wyalnd Kona Ocean Front Gallery
[email protected]
ALOHA!

Brad (Tiki Shark) Parker

[ Edited by: Tiki Shark Art 2013-10-05 19:20 ]

Aloha tiki Tribe!
The the big Body Glove 60 Year Anniversary Party is this October 24th & 25th in Kailua-Kona Hawaii!

Oct 24th is at the Royal Kona Restort. Get your limited edition Body Glove TIKI-Mugs,
and enjoy a FREE CONCERT by Henry Kopono!

Oct 25th is at the Wyland Kona Oceanfront Gallery
contact them at jills@wylandbigisland
to buy mugs
Or Contact http://www.Tikifarm.com
or
for mugs, shirts, art etc....

ALOHA!

Aloha Tiki Tribe!
Check out the new CREATURE TEES Front~

And the Back!

Yeah the big BODY GLOVE 60 year anniversary party is Oct 24 & 25 in Kailua-Kona!

Come and meet the owners of Body Glove,

...and MEET DA'CREATURE!

and enjoy a FREE CONCERT by HENRY KAPONO!

...and don't forget the Body Glove Tiki-Mugs!
Get yours at
http://www.tikifarm.com
or
the Wyland Kona Oceanfront Gallery at [email protected]
ALOHA!

[ Edited by: Tiki Shark Art 2013-10-06 00:14 ]

Aloha Tiki Tribe!
Hey Hey Hey.... Im selling a bunch of calendars! If you don't have your 2014 TIKI Art calendar yet...don't wait toooo long!

Get 'em from me and ya' get 'em autographed! (by me...da' artist!)

{...and some of 'em come with extra goodies in em too!}
$20 per Tiki Calendar (plus $5 Shipping and hand spanking)
I take pay pal
my pay pal reg e-mail is [email protected]

ALOHA!

Aloha Tiki Tribe!

Need some classic atmosphere for your creepy-tiki-crypt this year? Nuthin' sez Hawaii-Ween like a signed fine art print like Dis!
Get yours at [email protected] or http://www.mahalotiki.com

(I got mine up!)
ALOHA!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 209 replies