Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Celebrities in a Peacock Chair

Pages: 1 2 3 4 167 replies

BB

We're good on Carolyn Jones / Morticia Addams and Emmanuelle.

Here's William Holden as Joe Gillis heading toward his peacock chair. - Sunset Blvd.

Linda Harrison

Linda Harrison was a stunner!

Not sure who these guys are, but they are wearing sarongs and drinking out of what look like OOH Bamboo mugs!

[ Edited by: Sunny&Rummy 2014-09-03 13:45 ]

UB

On 2014-09-03 06:27, Bora Boris wrote:
We're good on Carolyn Jones / Morticia Addams and Emmanuelle.
Here's William Holden as Joe Gillis heading toward his peacock chair. - Sunset Blvd.

Moderators, could you please move this one to the "Celebrities Standing Next To A Peacock Chair" thread please?

BB

Give him a second, he'll get there.

Musician Cat Power

John Wayne and Marlene Dietrich

Eva Mendes

Salma Hayek

Jessica Alba

Ok, the last 2 aren't exactly classic versions of the chair but they're stayin.

Marlene Dietrich

BB

Two more Diana Dors

J

Tura Satana

J

Kristen Davis

[ Edited by: JenTiki 2014-09-04 12:10 ]

Donn Beach at the original Don the Beachcomber in Hollywood from Tiki Pop.

DC

Besides "Hell's Half Acre" & "From Here to Eternity" chairs here's four more celebrities in Peacock chairs (in movies-that's what I do). Well one is a celebrity standing next to (what I call a Queen's)chair.

A young Frodo on an earlier South Seas journey in "North"

Henry Fonda in "Too Late the Hero"

Elvis in "Blue Hawaii"

Young Malouf as young queen in "Donovan's Reef"-Now that's how to sit in one of these chairs!

I know the chair is covered by flowers but the shape is obvious.

[ Edited by: creativenative 2014-09-06 01:53 ]

Trader Frank Byars from Tiki Gardens.

DC

Self Portrait :wink:

H

Michael Caine speaking to Steve Martin.

Diane Kruger

H

Alice Cooper

G
GROG posted on Thu, Sep 11, 2014 7:28 AM

Donn Beach

Here's a neat photo of Donn Beach. He's not in a Peacock chair...

but he should be (and that's easily fixable).

Oops!!!
Thought this was the "Peacocks Sitting On Chairs" thread

T

Billie Piper, from Doctor Who

J

This guy looks vaguely familiar, but I can't quite place him ... :wink:

Drat. If I were faster grabbing the remote, you'd be looking at at shot of David Soul in a Peacock chair here.

Who could forget Sellers and Sommer, both in peacock chairs in A SHOT IN THE DARK

Geoffrey Holder, the 7-Up guy.

Barbie

On 2014-09-22 08:23, tikilongbeach wrote:
Geoffrey Holder, the 7-Up guy.

"Geoffrey Holder, a versatile artist known for his ability as a dancer, actor and -- most famously to most of America -- a pitchman for 7Up, has died. He was 84."

CNN story

[ Edited by: Sunny&Rummy 2014-10-06 14:33 ]

Not a celebrity, but interesting double chair, plus 3 cute Frenchies.

The Pizz and ....The One and Only Von Franco!!!
at Tiki Farm??

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor
I build Tiki Rooms for you! Just ask around :wink:
https://www.facebook.com/bamboo.ben

[ Edited by: RevBambooBen 2014-10-17 00:07 ]

I think that was taken at the "its all about the tiki" event at La Luz in 2003.....

T

Although I never heard of Claudine Longet, I suppose she was a celebrity.... This is a 1967 album cover.

OGR

I don't know who the girl is, but I've kinda heard of the restaurant. :) OGR

T

On 2014-10-26 07:56, TheBigT wrote:
Although I never heard of Claudine Longet, I suppose she was a celebrity.... This is a 1967 album cover.

Interesting coincidence... I was reading the new Kahiki Supper Club book last night after posting this photo. Claudine was once married to Andy Williams and the couple visited the Kihiki in the early 1960s. After their divorce, she was later charged with the shooting death of her boyfriend!

I hazard a guess you never saw the Peter Sellers movie "The Party"
plus she was all over television in the 1960s & 70s
besides being a singer.

T

ATP: wow. Nope, I was totally oblivious until I chanced on this album cover. :)

Duke Kahanamoku and Pualani Mossman.

Trader Vic sitting in a peacock chair while wearing a giant medallion. He was advertising Sunkist lemons. The medal is the Cordon d'Or and it was given to Vic for his membership in the Loyal Order of Citrus Limonia.

Trader Vic’s Advertisement - Gourmet: January 1960

Interesting coincidence... I was reading the new Kahiki Supper Club book last night after posting this photo. Claudine was once married to Andy Williams and the couple visited the Kihiki in the early 1960s. After their divorce, she was later charged with the shooting death of her boyfriend!

The police botched things when they took a blood sample without a warrant (she had cocaine in her system) and then prosecution completely botched the case by mishandling evidence that could not be entered into testimony. She maintained the gun accidentally discharged while her boyfriend (a US Olympic skier) was showing her how to use the gun and without the additional evidence they had to settle on a lesser charge of "misdemeanor negligent homicide". She only got a 30 day sentence which she served mostly on weekends and she eventually married her defense lawyer!

Not a celebrity, but it's a good picture. 1940 China City in Los Angeles.

John Waters, the peacock chair being a tribute to Huey P Newton, I guess?

[ Edited by: atomictonytiki 2014-12-10 01:28 ]

[ Edited by: atomictonytiki 2014-12-10 01:29 ]

Todd Rundgren and the staff at Tiki Iniki.

DC

Has anyone posted this of Dita Von Teese at the greatest bar in the world...Smuggler's Cove?

Mid-Century cool Tony Cutis in the film Don't Make Waves. In this 60s film he buys a cool pad with Micronesian tikis and tapa cloth on the wall-of course.

Now you can be just like your favorite celebrity...

T

I love this cast bronze version of the chair at the Oakland art museum and you can sit on it for pictures.

1979 album...

Celebrities in a movie frame with a peacock chair. Shirley Maclaine and Fred Macmurray in The Apartment.

H

:up: Mary Blair in a peacock chair

Pages: 1 2 3 4 167 replies