Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Crafts

summer art swap: the enchanted tiki room!!!! Ends August 1st

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 427 replies

Greetings from Punta Banda, Ensenada, Mexico. My Spanish isn't that good but I think "Punta Banda" is slang for "lady of the evening wearing stripes", I haven't seen her yet but I'm keeping my eyes open :lol:

WOW! Finished projects are piling in and everything looks BEAUTIFUL!!!! Gonna be another great Swap with contributions from so many amazing artists.

I have updated my post on page 20 with current pics. I think everyone is done except ZeroTiki?, and IDoVoodoo.

[ Edited by: maddogmike 2015-07-31 07:37 ]

Anthony- lookin good
Mike- lookin good :). Have fun
Nice shirt

Worst sound ever, slurp of an empty tiki mug through my straw!!!

[ Edited by: hang10tiki 2015-07-28 13:00 ]

LOL!

hang10tiki it's pretty cool to be on a T-shirt. I'm so happy for Dan!

AM you sure challenged yourself with such a detailed painting, good jog.

Wendy

:)

No pressure

Ha! I'm feeling the pressure! I've been so busy, but I'll squeeze in there last minute!

When's my final day??

Cheers,

Voodoo

Voodoo- welcome

Photo of finished piece has to be posted on the 1st

That's

More days

Cheers

Mike- hope you are having fun on vacation

Yep

The suspense is killing me. I'm working on putting my tiki room together this weekend and can't wait to find out what I get to add to the mix!

T

Nice work all! I've been out of the TC loop with the kid, some traveling, and lotsa work, but fun to come back and look at all of the Swap pieces. Looking forward to the next Swap with a theme that pulls me in a bit deeper. That being said, love how everyone put their own personal touch on the theme.

Mike, have fun in Mexico and don't forget some lobsters in Puerto Nuevo!

Ano- you still have today to finish your piece

T

Thanks, Jon, but this theme didn't reach out to me. Look forward to the next one! May have something for ya at Oasis, though.... :wink:

Oh NO! The draw will be way past my bedtime. I'll check back tomorrow. Wendy

I

On 2015-08-01 18:00, hang10tiki wrote:

I'll be done. Before Midnight.

Update photo??
Can't wait to see your work

[ Edited by: Hang10tiki 2015-08-01 19:33 ]

I'M BACK!!! How can such a relaxing vacation make you so tired by the time you get home?! Hadn't been to Ensenada since my first honeymoon in 1982, it sure has changed! A lot bigger, but the beach we were on (south of Ensenada) was practically deserted. Beach house on a long, thin peninsula - ocean out the back door and bay out the front door. No lobster for me TikiAno, severely allergic.

Will do the drawing tomorrow morning and post the results :) So much great art, can't wait to see what everyone gets!

S

Welcome back Mike. It sounds like you had a great trip!

Done! Sorry, it's dark, and the Poly is wet and super shiny right now. Pics aren't great.

Some of my inspiration:

Flowers

and

VooDoo- way cool :)

Great swap everyone

Mike- glad your home safe and had fun

Can't wait to see where all the pieces end up

T

This is worse than waiting for Christmas.... come on swap list!

This a always nerve wracking because I want to be sure I get it right! :lol:

OK, here we go!
AnthonyMaye & Erich Troudt
ZeroTiki & tikitonyd
IDoVoodoo & Hang10Tiki
danlovestikis & SewTiki
RVICTOR & MaukaHale
BitterFishies & Joshua Bell
Cy & MadDogMike

I will tidy everything up later with side-by-side pics of the swaps and video evidence of the drawing. Some of the Swappers may be attending Tiki Oasis together and can swap in person. PM your swap partner for addresses and get those out ASAP, you partner is anxiously waiting for your awesome art!

Great Swap everyone, thanks for participating :D

Z

AWWW, YEAH!

C
cy posted on Sun, Aug 2, 2015 9:18 AM

Very pleased to finally, after all these swaps, have a MadDogMike to add to my collection!! Thanks for running the swap Mike and to all those that participated!

Sweet :)

Thanks for another great swap Mike...

Voodoo pm me when ya see the results
I don't want to ruin it by texting you first

Are you going to oasis?

Jon

[ Edited by: hang10tiki 2015-08-02 09:54 ]

I

Great job IDoVooDoo.

SewTiki NO Shipping we'll meet up at Tiki Oasis and not only swap we'll be exchanging hugs. I'm grinning from ear to ear!!!
See you soon.

Thank you TU and MadDogMike for another super swap. I'm ready for the next one.

Cheers, Wendy

Very nice IDoVoodoo!!!!! Great addition just under the wire

S

Wendy, I'm very excited about my mug!
Mike, thank you for leading the art swap.
To all the artists...great work!

Everyone did a FANTASTIC job! I'm sorry I wasn't able to participate. I'm spending too much time floating in my pool! This teacher is enjoying the heck out of her summer vacation. I promise to hop on the next one. I'm always so happy with the art I've received. Every time I see one of your wonderful pieces in my hut it makes me so happy!

Lori, we're going to hold you to that promise :)

Here's pics of the Swap pairs to preserve for posterity:

anthonymaye & ErichTroudt

ZeroTiki & Tikitonyd

IDoVoodoo & hang10tiki

danlovestikis & SewTiki

RVICTOR & MaukaHale

bitterfishies & JoshuaBell

cy & MadDogMike

MadDogMike thank you so much for posting all the photos together. I enjoyed looking at them as much as making the mug. This swap had so much wonderful art that I'd forgotten that this post was perfect. It's inspiring to see how we all love these swaps. Cheers to the next one. Wendy

PS MDM your bottle turned out wonderfully which makes the melted one a greater sorrow, CY terrific

[ Edited by: danlovestikis 2015-08-05 15:49 ]

I keep returning here to look at the art. JoshuaBell what you achieve with paper is over the top good. Wendy

Everything here looks great.

And thanks again Mad Dog.
Cheers to you my friend.

Sent mine out today

Robert,

Thank you for you for your Enchanted Tiki Room mug. It looks great and I put it next to two of the Portland Trader Vic's mugs. This is definitely a unique one-of-a-kind mug!

Thanks Anthony for the painting. It will fit nice in the disney area.

I'm a bit late, but I sent mine out yesterday ^^;

Good to see art trickling into new hands. It was iffy whether I was going to be able to visit Oasis Saturday to swap with Cy in person but it looks like it is going to work out :D

We are here at Tiki Oasis 15 waiting for SewTiki to arrive so we can swap with her. I'm loving all these photos that are posted once the art arrives. Keep it up. Wendy

I was gathering some statistics on the 13 ArtSwaps since 2008
84 different artists have participated, a veritable who's who a tiki artists
215 works of art have been created
Wendy (danlovestikis) is the Art Swap Queen having participated in 11 of the past 13 Swaps

On 2015-08-12 07:09, bitterfishies wrote:
I'm a bit late, but I sent mine out yesterday ^^;

And it arrived! But... I haven't made it to the post office yet. So I'm not opening the treasure until mine is on the way - Saturday for sure!

MadDogMike, I love numbers and that was so fun to read. I didn't know about the other two swaps or I wouldn't have missed them. I think its so much fun and a great way to meet more tiki people.

I've run into so many friends at Tiki oasis and it's only Thursady. hang10tiki is one and he's married to my swap partner. We'll make the swap tomorrow.

Cheers, Wendy

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 427 replies