Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Drinks and Food

What's your favorite daiquiri?

Pages: 1 16 replies

I had a pretty delicious daiquiri the other night at Isla that contained J. Wray overproof, Flor de Cana white, and Smith & Cross. I'd only ever made a handful of daiquiris at home before using a single rum, lime and sugar syrup but none of them really did it for me. I probably wasn't using a good enough rum or maybe I need a blend like I had the other night for the drink to really come alive. So I'm officially on a daiquiri kick and want to know what recipes ya'll like the best.

Go...

H

Jasper's Jamaican ( Remixed)is my favorite it is an allspice Daiquiri

1/2 oz fresh lime juice
1/2 oz pimento liqueur
1 1/2 oz gold Jamaican rum
1/2 tsp. simple syrup
Shake, strain, pour and dust with ground nutmeg.

On it...

I thought 1/2 oz of pimento would completely overpower but this has a nice balance. Thanks for the recommendation!

What's next?

Szechuan Daiquiri

2 oz Angostura 1919
1 oz lime juice
2/3 oz 2:1 sugar syrup
1 bsp sichuan pepper

Crush pepper in the bottom of your shaker, add rum, muddle again and allow to steep for a couple of minutes.
Add the other ingredients, shake, fine strain (into a coupe glass, garnish with a lime zest) and enjoy.

That sounds very interesting and I've been looking for more uses for my 1919. Will have to find some Sichuan pepper.

S

Make the Jasper's with 1/4 oz lime to get closer to the way the Bum served it to me. I liked it much better that way.

I make ours with Havana Club white gotten in Mexico, so...

Regardless, we prefer it sour:

2 oz best dry white rum
3/4 oz lime
2 teaspoons sugar syrup or 1 sugar cube muddled with the lime as the tradition.
Crushed ice
Shake the living shit out of it. When the shaker is too cold to hold, change hands and shake it more!
Strain.

M

Strawberry Daiquiri

We infuse silver rum with Strawberries. Let the rum bathe for about a week and drain it into a bottle.

3.5oz Strawberry Rum
0.5 - 0.75oz Lime Juice
0.5oz Rock Candy Syrup
Shake with crushed ice and serve in either a

Glass rimmed with Orange something and natural sugar or straight up in a martini glass rimmed the same.
Garnish with a strawberry

K

Mine's pretty simple, just using Smith & Cross for a punchy but flavorful rum. I reeeeeally wanna get Plantation pineapple to try some fantastic daquiris with.

2 oz Smith & Cross
.75 lime juice
.5 simple syrup

my favorite daiquiri is cold- either shaken/strained, or on the rocks. not fan of frozen.

also, i like the Hemingway daiquiri aka Papa Dobles (grapefruit/maraschino daiquiri); the Ti' Ponch (martinique rum daiquiri); Caiparinha (brazilian rum daiquiri); the Bajan punch (daiquiri w/bitters); the Mojito (daiquiri w mint); Queens Park Swizzle (daiquiri w/bitters and mint); the "Mai-Tai" (almond daiquiri); and the Navy Grog (grapefruit/honey daiquiri).

On 2015-05-16 15:50, kkocka wrote:
Mine's pretty simple, just using Smith & Cross for a punchy but flavorful rum. I reeeeeally wanna get Plantation pineapple to try some fantastic daquiris with.

2 oz Smith & Cross
.75 lime juice
.5 simple syrup

Couldn't find sichuan pepper as Poltergeist recommended so Smith & Cross was gonna be my next experiment since that was the dominant flavor in the daiquiri I had at Isla that got me so excited. I made one once before according to the Jamaica Rum Daiquiri recipe on the S&C website and didn't care for it to much.

1oz Jamaica Rum
1oz Fresh Lime Juice
2/3oz Simple Syrup
shake over ice, strain

I will try again with your measurements, Keith.

Might then play with Plantation 3 star. I'd also love to get a hold of that pineapple Plantation. Have heard great things about it.

I don't have any Cuban rum but will be in Canada next week. I assume I can get some Havana Club in Vancouver?

What's your favorite daiquiri?

The next one.

If I had to choose one I would go with the Floridita Daiquiri from the Mai Kai. Based on the Papa Dobles it is tasty, so very tasty!

Running a close second would be the Derby Daiquiri from the Mai Kai. Original drink created for (Florida) Derby Days and is a tangerine/orange blend daiquiri that is very tasty!

Special Reserve Daiquiri from the Mai-Kai (Hurricane's tribute recipe on Atomic Grog is excellent!). Also, a Floridita Daiquiri in this ratio:

2 oz Dry White Rum
.75 oz Lime Juice
1 tsp Maraschino
1 tsp Sugar or .25 oz Simple Syrup

Heck throw in the teaspoon of white grapefruit juice and make it a Hemmingway and that's great too!

I used to love Oronoco Daiquiris when that wonderful white rum was still available. I also quite like 10 Cane as the white rum, but more often use a more typical Spanish dry rum.

C

The Hemingway..1oz grapefruit juice, 1 1/2oz simple syrup, 1 1/2 Oz lime juice, 1/2oz aged rum, 2oz white rum and 1/2oz maraschino liquer.. Shake and pour..

S

I reeeeeally wanna get Plantation pineapple to try some fantastic daquiris with.

Personally, i don't ever make or order daiquiri's. Why? I can't answer that, but when i found my favourite bar had the Plantation pineapple and the bartenders said it makes an amazing daiquiri i had them make me one and it was really, really good.

Good timing for the bump guys. Finally back from my Canada/Alaskan honeymoon and have some Havana Club in tow so will commence the experimentation tomorrow once I get some fresh limes in the house.

W
wupput posted on Sat, Jun 6, 2015 6:51 PM

On 2015-06-05 18:07, swizzle wrote:

I reeeeeally wanna get Plantation pineapple to try some fantastic daquiris with.

Personally, i don't ever make or order daiquiri's. Why? I can't answer that, but when i found my favourite bar had the Plantation pineapple and the bartenders said it makes an amazing daiquiri i had them make me one and it was really, really good.

I googled Plantation Pineapple Daiquiri and this was the first thing that came up. Ahem. http://munchies.vice.com/recipes/skywalker-weed-infused-pineapple-daiquiri

Pages: 1 16 replies