Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

Son of Headhunter

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 354 replies

H
hewey posted on Sun, May 7, 2006 7:33 PM

You better man. I miss your style of carvings

B

Hey Raffertiki, where's the tiki? Have you used up all your logz yet?
We're dyin' to see what you're doin.

H
hewey posted on Wed, May 24, 2006 7:29 AM

On 2006-05-24 06:46, Benzart wrote:

We're dyin' to see what you're doin.

Come on raffer! :)

B

OK OK We'll Stop Bugging you since you updated the Beachcomber. Thats not a nice way to prevent shark-bite, but I guess it works as long as you QUIT TELLING People!
Raffer strikes again. Nice one again.

I have two large and very dry logs of an undetermined type of wood sitting on my patio. This weekend I will pick one of them, and "go Benzart" on its ass.

These two very large logs my friend brought me are, well, crap wood. Very chunky as far as chiselling goes. Yet my stubborn nature wouldn't let me move on until I finished what I started. So now I have this monstrosity that, who knows, may almost be finished. Mostly using an angle grinder. One more weekend may tell me if it is salvageable, or should be tossed in the sump. Its brother log, which was massive is already in the sump in pieces.

Moral - Don't start carving a piece of crap wood because it will suck the life out of you.

If you don't see pics of it within the next week it means that it has been scraped. I have a fresh logs of oak and cherry that won't let me waste much more time on this wannabe freakin' crap wood log that wasted my summer.

B

I just found out where the party ios.
633 SW Gailbreath
Port Saint Lucie, FL 34953. Spare bedroom, Workshop so we can finish him up and test him all out and everything.
He just looks SO Great where-ever he is but south Florida is where he needs his winterhome! I'm sure Benzart won't mind

H
hewey posted on Mon, Sep 25, 2006 7:54 PM

Keep carvin Raffer! :)

raffer man thats awsome. the mask is genious. looks like a hard job but you pulled it off.
great stuff

B

Raffer, I Just saw your "Moon over Broadway" and I LOVE IT. That would be a Neat and Dangerous thing to do. Doing any carving recently??? Missin you.

Ben, I've been quiet lately. First I bought a bike, then I threw out my back, that and all the rain we've been having is messing up my carving schedule. Hopefully I can get something done on Saturday. Thanks for checking up on me.

Thanks Hewey and Duddy. I'll keep 'em coming.

The laid-back NYer

http://www.NiceFishy.com

[ Edited by: Raffertiki 2006-11-28 15:31 ]

I want to see your log too.

CARVE, nice-raffer...CARVE

H
hewey posted on Thu, Nov 30, 2006 2:25 PM

I was thinking there was some more pics when I read the title... :(

Rest up, and then get back into it man :)

I know I know. I took off from work tomorrow to take my motorcycle licence roadtest and was hoping to get in at least a little carving, but they are saying thunderstorms. I can't catch a break. This new guy is coming out good but I just don't want to post a pic until he's fleshed out. I will post pics on Sunday either way.

Some progress on the HeadHunter 2. This wood is so freaking hard that when I use the chizel coal-like chunks chop off. Cherry wood makes for some mighty slow going, but I think it will look sweet when it's finally done.

B

Most Excellent Raffer and about time too. Glad you could make it. I really like this HH2 a Lot.

H
hewey posted on Tue, Dec 5, 2006 6:26 PM

Woohooo! Hes back in the game :) Doesnt it feel good?

Raffer,

I meant to compliment you on starting another killer looking tiki.
It looks like it is going to be nice. Do you have anymore progress pic's?
Hopefully life is treating you well.

Will

Thanks guys! This one is going slow, I worked on the face a bit, and will hopefully finish roughing out the body over the weekend. It will be mostly chisels now, as the chainsaw isn't having much effect. So no new progress pics yet. After this one I am sticking with oak. I guess I had to learn the hard way.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 354 replies