Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 220 replies

On 2005-10-21 17:14, GMAN wrote:
Lake,

Sorry I was unable to be there and meet you. It sounds like everyone liked your work and enjoyed meeting up with you. Hopefully next time I can get over there. I hope you didn't have to pack all those tikis back in the van....

-Gman

Hey Gman... it was a bummer you couldn't make it...
It was a good time skateboarding through the ballroom and generally screwing around the whole time.

I learned not to take this whole tiki carving/selling thing too seriously... I would get too worked up over it...

I will always carve more then I could sell... that's just the way it is... a bunch went back home with me but they enjoyed their visit to Florida.

They all find homes... eventually :)

Oooohhh -- More monsters just in time for Halloween!!!

Me want's one!

J/K Dave -- BTW, Cabana Boy sends his love...

Oooohhh -- More monsters just in time for Halloween!!!

Me want's one!

J/K Dave -- BTW, Cabana Boy sends his love...

Lake, you need a truck brah. I'll sell you my 86 Ford F250 beefed up to 1 ton with tow package, cheap. It's reliable but sucks up the gas like a beast. Serious.

G
GMAN posted on Fri, Oct 28, 2005 2:56 PM

I'll second that. I couldn't live without a truck. Grab that F250 Lake, and make a log hauler outin' it.

-Gman

Man...I need those right now...found a place that has up to 18" diameter peeled, turned, kiln dried, furniture grade lodgepole pine from Gary but it is expensive...around 100 bucks a stick shipped...

H
hewey posted on Sat, Oct 29, 2005 6:29 AM

Thats a sweet load of wood. Cant wait to see their inner tikis

On 2005-10-28 18:47, Basement Kahuna wrote:
Man...I need those right now...found a place that has up to 18" diameter peeled, turned, kiln dried, furniture grade lodgepole pine from Gary but it is expensive...around 100 bucks a stick shipped...

Yipes!

Yea, its a pain in the ass prepping these... I'm taking a break from debarking, taking knots off and sanding smooth right now...

But oh do they look pretty all stacked up in the basement...

and they were free!

TG

Cool deals Lake! Howz that back you log horder you:) Stock-it-up!!!! Looks like somebody is going to be busy, busy, busy this winter!

Hope everythings cool up there. Tell Jen we said Hello:)

White Pine for us down here in the lower, lower states is not available unfortunatley as it is for you snowbirds, but palm is, and free as well. Guess you can't have everything in the world right at you finger tips. RATS and KON FOUND IT.

I still have about (60) 4-5ft palm logs in the garage just waiting to be demolished though. I have only (2) 4' white pine logs at the moment, but am getting ready to order a few 3'x 8" turned logs for samples from http://www.smalldiameterlogs.com as B.K. mentioned. Not sure if it's the same place he was talking about, but it's one of them.

I dig carving up some white pine.....

Aloha Gary... hi right back at you and Tiki T... hope all is good!

Gotta pass on the pick up... the van is viturally brand new and will take lots of tikis to pay off... and it works a hell of a lot better than the old Honda accord did for hauling the odd log get... fits a 9' longboard snug and is a warm place to change out of the wetsuit in the cold months...

So, the arms are dying... a SW wind pumped up a swell yesterday that led to 4 hours of surfing... Friday and Saturday were log prep days (deknot, debark, sand, store) so that didn't help and then top all that off with three hours of debark after work today... ouch.

[ Edited by: Lake Surfer 2005-12-17 22:15 ]

[ Edited by: Lake Surfer 2005-12-17 22:16 ]

Real Nice! That wood looks amazing, I'd urethane it, no stain. Where'd ya get this lovely chunk of wood? Mean lookin' Lono design too.

C

great job Lakesurfer...that red cedar sure has a nice
look to it....

Really like the latest guy ... r u gonna stain em or clear coat.

http://www.PalmCityTiki.com

Thanks guys

No stain... just clear coat... though I have to be choosy because some tend to yellow the the wood.

H
hewey posted on Sun, Nov 6, 2005 5:24 AM

Lovin that 2 tone wood. Gman has done a few with it and its so tasty.

LakeSurfer-

Awesome work. Will you build those shelves for others? Please PM me and let me know...

Keep up the great work!

Aloha

MTM

M

Hi. She saw it, but does not own it. That went to her manger, Alan Eichler.

~Damon Devine (personal assiatant to Yma Sumac)

B

Lake, that is a pretty fancy headdress. I like it and the 2 tone cedar works out really nice. Nice work

Nice one, fo chizzle. I bet it smells nice, too. One of my favorite smells. Carving or sanding cedar is like smoking a menthol, too. Has a sinus-opening quality.

[ Edited by: Lake Surfer 2005-12-17 22:14 ]

[ Edited by: Lake Surfer 2005-12-19 10:53 ]

Great stuff, an inspiration! Hello from another Lake Surfer...!

Nice! The perfect blending of Leroy and Lake Surfer styles. Now, you know what I'm gonna do with that...

G
GMAN posted on Fri, Dec 9, 2005 1:46 PM

Lake,

I could sit on that "Reloy" and drink iced tea all day man.....

Great job!

-Gman

C

Lake....congrats on getting your stuff in Hala Kahiki...and nice
job with the "Reloy." Good to see that other northerners are
still at work...

J

Cool stool. Need one like that at work. Even though I'm new to posting here, I've liked your style. I was wondering when you going to post some more works. It's nice to know a northerner can sell tiki!!!
JP

M

SWEEEET! Lake. I like the style of eye you do the best. your work is always top shelf.
Moon

B
Bete posted on Sun, Jan 1, 2006 7:37 PM

Awesome tikis that you made that are posted in this thread Lake Surfer, just awesome, you are a very talented artist!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 220 replies