Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 220 replies

B

Keep'em coming Lake. This one looks great.Looks like you found the Magic in this log. He's Definately a Keeper.
Happy Birthday
happyHappyhappy

TG

Lake......Sweeeeeet! Lookin Good.

Just think your only half of 70! Just kiddin'. Happy "35th" Birthday Bro'. You know your only getting old when you can't surf anymore remember.

[ Edited by: Lake Surfer 2005-12-19 22:18 ]

[ Edited by: Lake Surfer 2005-12-19 22:19 ]

M
McTiki posted on Wed, Apr 6, 2005 4:19 AM

Those are fine lookin works Bruddah! Keep going now that you have sunshine. Thanks for sharing.

[ Edited by: Lake Surfer 2005-12-19 22:18 ]

M

Nice Tiki's Lake! Keep carving and posting. You are inspiring us down south for sure. You have our undaunted support.

mahalo

B

Looking Great Lake!! That tall boy is very nice. I Love seeing all that sawdust all over the ground. It means someone is sanding their butt off and it ain't me, Ha.
Thanks for the updates, just bring'em on..

Wow, I cant belive how fast and how great your knocking these guys out. Thanks for sharing.

TG

Looking good Mr. Lake. How those arms feeling? Like you been paddling out on a big and windy day?

[ Edited by: Tiki G. on 2005-04-12 04:03 ]

T

Wow!!! Great job!

Mahalo all...

G... Every day we surf on the lakes is big and windy... we only get surf with windswell!

Carving has been good for the paddle arms lately!

[ Edited by: Lake Surfer on 2005-04-13 21:45 ]

[ Edited by: Lake Surfer 2005-12-19 22:20 ]

B

No problem, any time. Just keep pumpin' those out and snappin' the pix and postin'em. Kant wait to see pictures of the whole job...

S

nice brotha

T

You come to his shoulder. That is how it usually goes with me and other people. I'm the tall one though.

Looking good. Any plans for that one or sell to random person.

On 2005-04-14 19:39, teaKEY wrote:
You come to his shoulder. That is how it usually goes with me and other people. I'm the tall one though.

Looking good. Any plans for that one or sell to random person.

Actually, this is one of six different tikis I'm carving that are going to a new tiki bar opening
somewhere in Missouri... the owner picks them up from me next weekend.

The Marq is excellent Lake. Top notch. Very cool

[ Edited by: Lake Surfer 2005-12-19 22:21 ]

"Dat's ma Dawgggg!!"

Sweet looking tiks Dave! Can't wait to see them in their new home!

Way Cool Lake!

Hey LakeSurfer I am really impressed with your work. Both of the 8 footers are very nice and the fountain kicks ass. I can't wait to see the rest of em.

T

Yet again... WOW

OOOH, man! those 8 foot poles ROCK! You do great work, lake! Those establishments are lucky to have you carvin' for them!

J
JTD posted on Wed, Apr 20, 2005 11:13 AM

[i]On 2005-04-14 21:17, Lake Surfer wrote
Actually, this is one of six different tikis I'm carving that are going to a new tiki bar opening somewhere in Missouri... the owner picks them up from me next weekend.

Lake,
Any further info on this new tiki bar? Not that I'm ever in Missouri, but maybe there'll be a reason now.

Thanks,
JTD

p.s. That fountain is wonderful.

What a great project. Now just fill that fountain with some kind of rum grog & everyone on TC will be there to help out!

Very fine work, LS. You had better chain that stuff down. Anyone in their right mind would want them for their own yard.

On 2005-04-20 11:13, JTD wrote:

Lake,
Any further info on this new tiki bar? Not that I'm ever in Missouri, but maybe there'll be a reason now.

Thanks,
JTD

p.s. That fountain is wonderful.

Thanks everyone for the compliments...

I'll have to get the actual location for you when I talk with the owner again...

[ Edited by: Lake Surfer on 2005-04-24 21:16 ]

[ Edited by: Lake Surfer 2005-12-19 22:34 ]

Great "family" pic! They'll make some bar very happy...

T

they must get their looks from their mother's side, cause they look nothing like you.

S

i'm sure they had tears in their eyes when they left on that truck :cry: lol jk

T

Anybody want to Jack a truck with me?

I have an update on the Kenosha, WI tiki bar that I did work for back in April... they are looking at an opening of the end of July. Looks like Grand Opening party in August sometime.

His girlfriend is supposed to be getting me pictures this week so I can give everyone a sneak preview. I'll do my best.

Back to work...

[ Edited by: Lake Surfer 2005-11-14 23:07 ]

M

Can't wait to see! It's been a while Lake. Your art has always amazed me for someone north of the border of Tropo influence, but, here is the begining of yet another oasis.

H

Great family shot. Love those tikis, the bar will look awesome with them

F

Love the fountain. Guess I missed the First time around.

Great carving.

Lookin good Surfin' maaaaaaaaaan!
I like those dark stains too.

i love them all! keep up the good work.and keep the wood chips flying.

B

Those are pretty awesome Lake. What a Lucky man whose bar they are going to. Nice job.

[ Edited by: Lake Surfer 2005-12-19 22:33 ]

WOW, thats awesome.

H

Its like a tiki forest there dude. And they all look so good and quality (unlike my English skills).

YA..TIKI OVERDOSE!!..GREAT STUFF BRUDDAH.

B

Definitely more great art work Hope you did OK at Exotica, but save some for Hukilau..

Lake, those are making my arms ache looking at all of them. You've been busy! Great styling - hope you got lots of sales.

Aaron

G
GMAN posted on Wed, Jul 20, 2005 7:37 PM

Lake,

You're a madman! Love your stuff!

-Gman

Hey LS - I'll bet those chisels are just about burned out! Those are some cool pieces.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 220 replies