Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Crafts

Kahaka's Tiki Lamps

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 483 replies

K
KAHAKA posted on Mon, Aug 2, 2004 4:13 PM

I finally figured out how to make my photo gallery page accesible to all

Tapa Lamp Gallery @ Flickr

As I've said before, if anyone is in need of one or some of these, please PM or email.

[ Edited by: Kahaka 2014-07-01 11:58 ]

[ Edited by: KAHAKA 2014-08-12 21:46 ]

[ Edited by: KAHAKA 2014-11-29 17:17 ]

[ Edited by: KAHAKA 2015-01-23 19:41 ]

[ Edited by: KAHAKA 2015-03-08 20:04 ]

[ Edited by: KAHAKA 2015-08-02 12:31 ]

[ Edited by: KAHAKA 2015-12-18 16:04 ]

T

looks like you found your niche with those lamps. they look great!! keep them coming.

Excellent work. I can't choose a favorite.

T

I wanna see, but if I look, I know I will want, and if I want, I will get, if I get, MY WIFE WILL FREAKIN KILL ME. One of these days I am getting one, she actually liked the one you just had on ebay, so if she likey and I can hope and dream to be in the glow of a sweet Kahaka lamp someday.

K

Thanks you guys. You da coolest!

These are all great. I specially loved the UFO lamp. My favorite, and probably the simplest to make, are the Bamboo track lighting.

K
KAHAKA posted on Wed, Aug 4, 2004 3:24 PM

The U.F.O. lamp was the 1st one I made. I miss that darn thing for sentimemtal reasons. We were tight.

It's now hanging above a table at Primo Kimo's Kahiki Moon. At least it's in a good place (not to mention cool and totally bitchin').

[ Edited by: kahaka on 2004-08-04 18:50 ]

O
Octane posted on Wed, Aug 4, 2004 6:40 PM

very nice, all of them look excellent.

T

Yesterday I got my Kahaka lamp I won on ebay and it's a beaut. The wife and I love it and can't wait to hang it in the corner of living room over one of our big Keigs' tikis.

K

'EEEEY, I'm glad you guys dig it! You know where to find me if you need another. Thanks for the props, Octane.

[ Edited by: KAHAKA on 2004-08-06 12:14 ]

I just wanted to say that I ordered a large Tapa swag lamp from Chad last month, and the pics do not due them justice. The craftsmanship is top notch, and I wouldn't go anywhere else for such a lamp. Thanks again Chad, it looks great.

Aaron

K

This one I've made to keep. I've wanted a lamp this style since I first saw one. It now rests in the corner of my bedroom...

Update... this hut is hanging in the Kona Club in Oakland, Ca.

[ Edited by: KAHAKA 2006-02-19 11:00 ]

D

Kahaka, that is one sna"ZAZZ"y lamp! Great job!

Kahaka - your lamps are the best - totally tiki-riffic. Love the style...

K

Thanks guys. I like makin' 'em.

Dude, Your lamps absolutely kick ass.

You da man.

Truly Inspirational! When the time comes, I'm getting me a Kahaka lamp!

ditto

K
KAHAKA posted on Tue, Oct 5, 2004 1:03 PM

Thanks guys. Let me know when ya'll are ready!

Flounder, are you down for a trade sometime in the near future?

M

KAHAKA I love that last lamp! I hope you are still down for a trade in the near future.

On 2004-10-05 13:03, KAHAKA wrote:
Thanks guys. Let me know when ya'll are ready!

Flounder, are you down for a trade sometime in the near future?

Absolutely.

C

Thanks for sharing the pics Kahaka. I am totally blown away by all those lamps. One day one of those will be shining their light in my shack.
Dig it,
Chongolio

Most excellent lamps, Kahaka. Love the last pic you posted.. looks like a little grass shack I once vacationed in! Great crafting and imagination. And to think, I am still trying to figure out how to split bamboo easily. :o)

K

McDougall, I'm definitely up, or down, or all around for a trade one of these days. Gots to have me one of those fine Mahog Moais.

B

Sweet, sweet thats all I can say. How many have you made?How long did it take you to get this great. your lamps are definately a few notches above anything out there

K
KAHAKA posted on Fri, Oct 8, 2004 8:37 PM

Dooood, it all started when I just plain and simple needed some light for the bar area (about 3 years ago now, I guess). Didn't have enough $ at the time to buy the fancy schmancy jobbers that require the big bucks, so I fashioned my own. The first one I made is the U.F.O. one I sold to the Primo Kimo for his Kahiki Moon bar place (I still miss that little unidentified f.o.). Benzart, you are the one that has the gift. Keep carvin'. I want one!

MG

Nice stuff!
I need to have one too!

K
KAHAKA posted on Mon, Nov 8, 2004 8:46 PM

Found some tapa at an estate sale and made this lamp! Real tapa really looks awesome on these things.

[ Edited by: KAHAKA on 2004-11-10 19:11 ]

Your lamps are the coolest! You got talent, my friend!

Congrats on the wedding...I hope you get the $$$ you deserve for these lamps!

K
KAHAKA posted on Tue, Nov 9, 2004 7:11 PM

Thanks Polynesiac... let me know when you're ready for yours!

B

i LOVE your lamps - where can i buy??

Found some tapa at an estate sale and made this lamp! Real tapa really looks awesome on these things.

Hooray. My cuzzin' Crowntiki just bought me this for my birthday! Just got it in the mail today! Hooray! It is awesome...and just like I said I was gonna get one (on October 4th) I've now got me a Kahaka lamp!

And it do look awesome!

K

man, that's so cool! happy b-day and happy holidays.

K

Haven't posted anything in a while, but...

I just finished a lamp for a couple of friends that helped out at my wedding. I offered to make them a swag lamp, but they opted for a lamp that could sit on top of a table since their landlord won't let them plug any holes in any surface of the place they are renting. Anyway, here it is...

Don't worry bandboy, you're next!

B

Thats areally COOL lamp kahaka. Glad to see some work from you for a change. Love it.

K

Thanks Benz. Been busy, but when I get some free time I'd like to crank out a bunch.

S

Hopefully you'll get some time when I need a big bunch for The Headhunter...

One of these days, Kahaka, I'll be knockin' on your door. For a lamp, that is.

The laid-back NYer

http://www.NiceFishy.com

[ Edited by: Raffertiki on 2005-02-15 16:03 ]

K

I'm down Swanky when you're ready. March is looking perty busy with VLV and all... after that it looks clear as crystal.

K

just finished another diamond shaped swag for bandboy... got some free time now... who's next?

K

I've got a week off this week, so I finally got around to making a ceiling lamp for our dining room.

[ Edited by: KAHAKA 2006-02-19 11:02 ]

Sweeter than Sweet. Awesome work Kahaka!

i received my kahaka lamp a while back(sorry for the delay in posting this kahaka). the wahine and i love the lamp and it really make our little bar seem way more tropical.

K
KAHAKA posted on Thu, Apr 7, 2005 8:53 PM

Big props to Drunken Hat for posting the pic. Your place looks bitchin'!!!!!! Gonna have to roll out to the Central V. one of these days.

Good God do I need a better camera... anyway, here's my latest... a birthday present for my buddy. It's sort of a combination of some styles I've done.

[ Edited by: KAHAKA on 2005-04-07 22:09 ]

S
Swanky posted on Fri, Apr 8, 2005 6:29 AM

I love it. It reminds me of the old styles in the Mai Kai and Kahiki. A new take on that style. Those old ones are often burlap, which is a bit boring. Very nice.

K

Thanks Swanky. Let me know when you want me to start on the lamps fo' the Headhunter...

I haven't seen one lamp I don't think is cool. CLEAN CRAFTSMANSHIP K.

K

Wasn't quite sure if I liked this lamp when I finished it, but it's growing on me. Sorta inspired by a lamp at Lucky Tiki in Mission Hills. The wife hasn't seen it yet... I hope she likes it because I wired it in our bedroom (fingers are crossed).

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 483 replies