Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

~~~~ Tiki G. ~~~~

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 370 replies

Lotsa good vibes in that aura.

Good to hear from you Gary.

Hope you've been getting some good swell lately.

You'll be missed this year... I'll raise a drink to you in the Mai Kai.

[ Edited by: Lake Surfer 2006-09-18 21:25 ]

P
Paipo posted on Tue, Sep 19, 2006 3:45 AM

I noticed the radiant aura too - spooky! I think those shorts might need an exorcism. Which reminds me - do you Florida guys ever wear long pants?

B

What is this "Long Pants" thing? Is it kinda like when I make my dog chase a stick for an hour and he Pants for a long time?

J

So when are you going to post some more pics. When I was a lurker I used to drool over the photos of your tikis.

JP

TG

Polyurethane Foam 30" tall. Something new.

[ Edited by: Tiki G. 2006-10-19 05:58 ]

[ Edited by: Tiki G. 2006-10-19 05:59 ]

M

Awesome foam work Bro! Where ya been?

I can send up some yellow pine if you need any. jus let me know.

Mahalo

McTiki

TG

Thanks bro.

I appreciate the offer, but I think I'll have to pass on the yellow pine;) I do have more white pine up here though if ya needs. You just gotta make a weekend road trip up to come get it!

B

TikiGeee, I Love that foam tiki, it really is cool. Nice detail and coloring. Can you do another one and post the progress pictures?. Awe Hell, will you just come down and Do one for me. PS, I don't have the foamy stuff so you'll need to bring that too.
PS: Another thing, I don't know much about the sanding part so you'll have to bring Trish down to do that part..ParTEE did I forget anything?

M

G. Just carve Ben up one! Don't make him beg. That's jus not right at all. lol

Mahaloz

McTiki

Tiki G...your foam tiki is great...looks just like wood from my vantage point up here in
Wisconsin. I agree that we need to see more of your work...always great attention to detail.

TG

Thanks everybody. It's been kind of an experimental type thing. I'll try to do a progress post on one like Ben suggested, with pics.

[ Edited by: Tiki G. 2006-10-17 05:17 ]

TG

Finished: http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=8IbuWbRs0aNPu

Unfinished: http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=8IbuWbRs0aNOq

Additional Pictures: http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=8IbuWbRs0aNPM

[ Edited by: Tiki G. 2007-01-29 11:55 ]

[ Edited by: Tiki G. 2007-01-29 11:57 ]

M

Awesome post Gary. We had the great fortune to see this in person @ McTiki's before it was transferred to Benz.

We were wondering where it ended up.

Awesome artwork !!!

Mahalo

McTiki

Love the character of that foam tiki and Duality is INCREDIBLE! How long did you spend on him? I like the mix of your style and traditional.. All in one!

B

Gary, this was an Incredible piece and you don't know how lucky Hukilau was to get it as it Almost didn't make the trip. I Almost Shanghi'd it and kept it for myself. It was nice to have it in my home for at least a little while. We Loved it.

Gary, this is another spectacular piece from you. You pulled all stops on this one for Hukilau. This guy definately shows where carving has been, and is going. It looks well thought out, and executed (with a LOT of sweat I'm sure!).
I missed Hukilau too, so let's focus on next years!
Aloha!

J

Thats the stuff! Terrific, I really like the ying and yang of it!

JP

Sick stuff as usual Gary. Upping the bar again.

Would have loved one of the foam logs too but that would have been the straw that broke the Town & Country.

As it was we limped home with the load we carried.

Bananas are potted and are doing well in the spare room... much Mahalos!

You guys were the greatest hosts ever... thanks so much!

Got in today... 4/3 wetsuit, 5 mil gloves, 7 mil boots. Sure do miss the ocean.

Local newspaper got a photo of me in front of a freighter today... I'll scan it for you tomorrow when the paper comes out.

Keep up the great work!

Where did this beauty end up calling home?? It is unbelievably thought out and executed.. Unreal!

Gary, that piece is astounding... amazing! Obviously a tremendous amount of thought and artistic effort went into it. It's got "G" style written all over it, but it's also quite different at the same time. Zero log, 100% tiki! I could go on, but I won't... You and Trish should be incredibly happy with what you've achieved with this piece of art. Now I'm gonna go back & look at it some more.

Aaron

Absolutely nuts G. Spectacular!

Wow! Wow! ..... ummmm.... WOW!

I love the Melanesian Papua New Guinea influenced art on one side and Polynesian Marquesan tiki on the other side! Sweet!!!!!!!!!!!

TG

Thanks to everyone for the comments. We worked on this piece for quite a while while in the middle of other things. Seemed like it took forever to finish. Kinda kept it under wraps till Hukilau. Decided not to share till after Hukilau was said and done.

Mctiki: Yep, you got the up close and personal view didn't you! Thanks man.

Capt'n Skully: Thanks alot. I spent more time on this piece than any other I have carved. Hard to put a time amount on it. It was a little here, little there kinda carve.

Benzart: Thank you for letting him hang out in your pad for a spell. We know he was in good company. Hope it didn't give Mrs. Sherry too many nightmares! Thanks for everything.

Surfintiki: Yeah it does kinda have that look I guess you could say! Not sure this is where tiki is going, but with what's in my head, there is no telling. Everything evolves eventually. Thanks.

JohhnyP: Is this what you were looking for???? You got it. Ying & Yang. Thanks alot.

Lake Surfer: Thanks. Glad you guys made it back safe. Bananas and all! Cool pic in the newspaper. Was that wave made by the ship! Looks too cold for me.

FreddieBallsomic: It did not make the auction at Hukilau. Word is, is that the auction never went off, so it is suppose to be placed in another online Hukilau auction of sort sort soon, according to Tiki Kiliki. That's about all I know at this point. Thanks alot for your comments.

Aaron: Thanks, I always appreciate hearing from you. Not many people spend as much time to detail as you do. I love your work as well. Keep up the good work yourself.

Congatiki: Thanks again.

Davez_tikiz: Thanks to you as well!

Sneakytiki: Glad you like it. It's different, that's for sure.

G
GROG posted on Wed, Oct 18, 2006 9:32 AM

GROG feel left-out. You thank everybody except GROG!

TG

Sorry. GROG placing comment is up to GROG if GROG feel like it, then GROG get thanks.

Gary,

Super epic tiki!! I love how all yur tikis are super creative and one of a kind. There was some fun waves over here this morning. We'll have to get you out here one of these days.

Take care,
Will

TG

Thanks Will. I appreciate that.

Glad you have been getting waves. We haven't had squat. Surfed with Lake Surfer last Friday. He stopped by on his way home from Hukilau. We had fun. Trish and I had to cancel our Costa Rica trip. Would have been getting back today as a matter of fact. Was just out in San Francisco twice in the last month. No time to do anything though.

Hope things are cool.

G.

M

A lil Bummmp! This last Tiki is outrageous!

G
GMAN posted on Mon, Jun 30, 2008 4:43 PM

bump

S

Very Nice, that sucker has so much going on. MAN
very cool!

Soooooooooo, did Gar move to Costa Rica????

G
GMAN posted on Mon, Aug 11, 2008 7:48 AM

Yo Dawgg!! Howzitt?

-G$

Thanks for bumpin this thread GMAN. Tiki G. has gone tooooo long without sharing his beautiful work.
Come on! Us east coast has got to represent! :lol:

wow! that is really really fabulous work. i couldnt pick one if i was to buy one, id have to take em all lol

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 370 replies