Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Kevin & Jody's Tiki Room collectables for Disneyland 50th (UPDATE Tiki Drummer & shirt order dates!)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 375 replies

i'll bet it has nothing to do with them. this looks like a production problem and low quality control standards.

..and Tang, you know that's a slight possibility at the big D these days!

A

I would really think that this is an anomaly - I know Kevin & Jody have really high standards... I would bet that this is not the norm for this collection!

I'd have to agree, in fact that's why I was surprised, because all of Kevin and Jody's stuff that I've seen in the past has been universally great, both in prototype and in product. Maybe the item I received was a particularly bad case; I'll post hopefully with better news when I get a replacement.

-Randy

aquarj...

another friend of mine received his ticket booth today and found the same prob. i think this is definitely a production problem and not kevin et al's doing.

he called disney direct and spoke to a supervisor. they assured him that a replacement would be inspected first and then sent out. when you call, be sure to ask for a supervisor...insist on one, because the main operator will only accept the return and not follow through.

good luck

My family and I are not only tiki fans, but also Disney fans. So I was really excited to read your post. We make every attempt possible to have the opporunity to vacation at the Grand California every year.

Amazing post! Thank you so much!

p.s... how abou the "people mover"? that was a childhood memory of mines and wish it was still around for my kids.....

pps: although we have a tiki themed kitchen, i did purchase the disney 4 slot toaster for the kids. it's really cool as the slices of bread imprints mickey's face on each slice and mickey's march song is played after toast pops up. gotta love it! each time, never fails, they ask for us to take them back to disneyland after they hear the song.

T

GREAT PHOTO DOCS CHRIS!! Do you check your posts?? It's Tom!! Aloha!!!

~~THOR

A

Just wanted to follow up about the Tomorrowland ticket booth discussed above. Disney was great about replacing it with no shipping charge or anything, and the replacement was definitely an improvement.

-Randy

T

On 2005-05-14 20:38, THOR's wrote:
GREAT PHOTO DOCS CHRIS!! Do you check your posts?? It's Tom!! Aloha!!!

~~THOR  

Hey Tom!

Yes - I check my posts, but not as frequently as I used to - so sending me a PM is always good....!

Aloha!

• Chris (Tangaroa)
E
exny1 posted on Mon, Jun 6, 2005 8:25 PM

hi all, I read all the posts, but I am not sure if I missed the info on the shirt and barker bird, have those gone on sale yet? thanks

Amy

T

On 2005-06-06 20:25, exny1 wrote:
hi all, I read all the posts, but I am not sure if I missed the info on the shirt and barker bird, have those gone on sale yet? thanks

They go on sale July 15th.

For that matter - has anyone seen images of the Replica Jungle Cruise boat yet?
Or heard any info?

T

Sorry I don't have a good picture of it online - but it's beautiful! Very authentic & done with a lot of care & detail....

Gads - I'll just have to cross my fingers and save my $ up then!
:wink:

T

OK - here's some catalog photos for you, courtesy of Kevin Kidney.
Don't forget - all these items go on sale July 15th online.

Wow, those look great!!!!!

I was wondering... what TIME on the 15th? Like midnight?

Anyone know?

T

BB - yeah, I'd assume like 12:01 am on the 15th, just to be safe....

I know how bad you want that Host shirt (me too!)

B

that 12:01 Pacific time?!?! Yikes! Guess I'm gonna hafta take friday off and spend all night clicking Refresh!

Wow wow wow wow wow.

Thank you for the catalog pictures Tangaroa and Kevin Kidney!

Thank you for the heads up, I had actually forgotten...

How fast do you all think this will sell out? I'm fighting with hubby to get both the tikis and the bird....sigh....

He just doesn't get it...how could he not get it????

I was just looking at page one of this topic...is the lamp going to be offered on the 15th too? ....

I'm going to have to sell a lot of goofy birds to pay for this....

T

Nope - the lamp will be offered this Fall.... Yes - my wife also doesn't understand the appeal of the Barker Bird & the Shirt - but he will look great next to my Jungle Cruise vulture!

I strongly suspect the Host shirt will sell out of the larger sizes rather quickly - the other items I'm not as sure about. Us tiki hardcores will go for them - but the rest of Disney fandom may not be so obsessive!

[ Edited by: Tangaroa 2005-07-07 11:16 ]

I just called Disney Direct and asked their customer service agent what time the items marked for July 15 would be available. She was unable to tell me exactly, but indicated the monorail was released at 12:01 am PDT on the date they promised. She ASSUMED they would do the same for the items for July 15.

I too am after one of those Tiki Room Host shirts, and am planning on staying up until after midnight. Good thing I live in the same time zone!! Good Luck to all!

Myke

May the Tiki be with you, and float the Aloha to all parts of the world!

[ Edited by: tikiwinebear 2005-07-07 11:32 ]

I do hope you mean Pacific Daylight Time.

"Now they set their clocks by mine, for I am Tropic Standard Time!"

:wink:

Wait - Tangaroa - you've got a Jungle Cruise vulture?!

Can we see it?!

A

very nice!

T

On 2005-07-08 08:55, Tikitronic wrote:
Wait - Tangaroa - you've got a Jungle Cruise vulture?!

Can we see it?!

Sure - but it's a circa 1957 one... Kinda funky looking - I got it from a former Imagineer who worked for a fiberglass shop back in the 60s & handled the 1963 'African Veldt' rehab - according to him they were gonna toss it, so he kept it in his attic for 35 years! It is filthy.

I'll take a pic this weekend & post on Monday.

Man, I saw the stuff today in person and I gotta say...It rocks. The bird was cool. The nicest piece was the ticket booth. All the pieces had great detail and were bigger than I expected. While not my thing, the small world piece was very cool, with all the little dolls coming out and circling the front of the building. I also met Kevin and spoke to him a few minutes. What a nice guy.

Wait.....this stuff is limited edition.........it all was horrible. Don't bother with it. Treat friday like any other day, nothing to see here........lol

T

Hi everyone - I just got off the phone with Kevin, and got an update on when to order. As with everything Disney - I'd like to stress that these things can change (and I take no responsibility if Disney changes things!), but as of today (Wed the 13th at 6:30pm) this information is correct. At midnight the 15th Eastern Time all the Tiki Room & Adventureland merchandise will go on sale - so 9pm Thursday night here on the West coast....

However! Kevin informs me that during the last release, it actually took the catalog people until 3 or 4 am to get the new info up on the website....

So, here's whatcha should do - tomorrow night call Disney Direct at 1-800-237-5751 to place your order. Don't do it before midnight EST though! At midnight if you call up to order the Host Shirt or Barker Bird, and describe the item to the host, they should be able to process the order.... Once again, if you want one of the Host Shirts in a larger size, I strongly suggest you do this, as I believe they will sell out that night. Kevin just did an unveiling of the Tiki Room items at the annual Disney convention - the NFFC - this weekend. So roughly 1000 Disney freaks will be after these things too! Of course - this is just speculation on my part, but I'd rather be safe than sorry.

That's all the info I have - so good luck!

Exactly which items are going on sale?
Thanks for the notice.

T

On-line Launch July 15
Catalog Launch July 18

ADVENTURELAND

Jungle Cruise Boat Replica (LE 1000)
Tiki Room Barker Bird Replica (LE 1500)
Tiki Room 1964 Host Hawaiian Shirt Replica (LE 500)
Tiki Room Ticket Booth w/ Ticket Pin (LE 1500)
Adventureland Boxed Pins (set of 8 ) (LE 1500)
Jungle Cruise Harmony Kingdom Box (LE 1000)

FRONTIERLAND

Country Bear “Big Al” Big Fig
Frontierland Boxed Pins (set of 8 ) (LE 1500)
Frontierland Pewter Miniatures (set of 6) (LE 1500)

MAIN STREET U.S.A.

Goofy at Disneyland Big Fig
Disneyland Dedication Plaque Replica (LE 1000)

[ Edited by: Tangaroa 2005-07-13 21:07 ]

T

Sorry - there has been some confusion (as I knew there would be)...

In addition to the items above, the Tiki God figures in the box will be on sale as well tonight.

any idea how much the shirts are going for?

T

All the prices are on the previous page of this post in the catalog pages - but the shirt is $100, the Barker Bird $200.

I just placed my order. :)

Apparently there's a Tiki Room watch also. The cast member I spoke with tried describing it to me, but she wasn't too big on the details. Hopefully it's as cool as the rest of the ETR items.

Thanks, Tangaroa, for all the great info.

C

yep - the phone rep also tried describing it to me, but couldn't figure it out from what she was saying. Can't wait to see what it looks like!

Anyone have a link to the page?

They told me the Trinket Box, ticket booth wasn't available yet. Some sort of computer problem. I ordered the shirt and the 5 figurine set.

Anyone else have problems with the trinket box?

I can't find a link for any of the Adventureland items.

Nothing at all, yet.

Boooo.

I have to order online to get my employee discount!!

I just called. They told me it's sold out.

Is this true? Less than an hour, and not even online yet?

This sucks.

T

I was able to get through right at 9:00 and got 2 shirts and a watch.

Does anyone have a picture of the watch?
I have never spent $100 on a watch that I had no idea what it looked like.

The items are up on line now. link

Hey Barkerbird! We (castmembers) get a discount? You mean I can buy this stuff AND groceries this week?

Tikicutie

All the items are up and available on the website now. I got the Trinket Box ticket booth, therefore the wrath of the Tiki Gods I scheduled for today will be cancelled. All is well.

Man, the Jungle cruise harmony kingdom box piece is cool too. $100 bucks seems a little steep, but it looks really detailed and cool. I need to hit the lotto.

T

On 2005-07-14 22:16, BarkerBird wrote:
This sucks.

BB - try again today (but call the number - don't just go online). Kevin informed me that Disney Direct only ordered 300 of the 500 made, so you might still have a shot. But I would call as soon as you can today. Perhaps you can get it on back order.

Also - Kevin & Jody informed me yesterday that the other version of the Host Shirt - the green one (which is equally as cool) will go on sale next Spring. Hopefully, more than 500 will be made this time around!

I just ordered the shirt online. Whew.

The gods have been angered by all the celebrating at my house.

Yep, TikiCutie. If you get a normal castmember discount at disney store, then you can get it online. You have to create a castmember membership. I forget how I did it. But I get a healthy discount.

Just got off the phone with DisneyDirect, and was able to get a Host shirt in XL. There are still some available! It was really easy... thanks for the links and phone numbers!

Myke

Just this minute went to disneydirect.com and got an XXL. The site said XL was out of stock.

M

I called last night at 9pm Pacific time and after being on hold for 15 mins a woman answered and when I tried to order the shirts she said their is no item # and they aren't available until the 18th! I asked if she was sure because I had some very specific information that they are now on sale. She said not until next week. I called a friend to see if he had heard of any updates and he said no-but suggested I call back and press the issue more and talk to a supervisor. (Thanks, TikiHula!!)
I called back was on hold for three minutes and the guy that answered knew all about the shirts and completed my order no problem!!! ZAZZ!!! :)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 375 replies