Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Tiki Farm's Parking Lot Sale this Saturday - HUGE!!!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 331 replies

On 2007-04-16 07:58, TikiLaLe wrote:
Good sign ... Not one picture of Bamboo Ben puffing away !!!!!

TT

Holden,

Just wanted to say mahalo for the first aid treatment.
Feels alot better now.

Matt AKA "Tiki Toe"

good times! Thanks to Holden for hosting such a great sale! We'll be back next year fo' sho'!

On 2007-04-15 14:22, Cammo wrote:
Check out that haul! Is the Clysdalle piece painted on stone?

The funny thing is, I swear I didn't see Kate *carrying a single thing the entire time. *She just seems to acquire the item, it vanishes, then reappears neatly packed in the back of her car miliseconds later, so fast it doesn't trip the car alarm!

The Clysdalle piece is actually painted on a very cool little hunk of wood.

Speaking of things vanishing, I accidentally left the Chongolio painting that I bought on the table underneath the gigantic packing peanut dispenser. Did anyone who stayed late happen to see it? It's an underwater scene. The tiki has red jeweled eyes, and there's a squiggly manta ray next to him.

CL

TK, I loved that one! Congrats with the purchase, I'm sure it'll turn up.

Holden, thanks for such a great event and your hospitality. It was so much fun and so many great finds. Nice seeing everyone. Have a great week!

CL

First off thanks to Holden for putting together a great event.
Loved the dj'd music and then the Glasgow Tiki Shakers at vent like this.
good call sir.

I would have loved to buy at least one or more of something from everyone.I saw lots of stuff I wanted.
So I only planned on buying a Tiki Magazine. I know bad me, but I'm a broke S.O.B.
But I ended up buying a huge almost 6 ft Tiki from Kirby.
The funny thing is its the log I gave him about a year back. So he cut me a Bro deal on it, Just need to make sure I Pay him off by X-mas now :)
I will give it a great home in the back yard by the pool and giant elephant ears plant, and tiki torches.

I was a bit bummed (nobody) from the TC crowd went to the
Insect Surfers(with JP from Tiki Mag on Bass) and other bands show in Ocean Beach after. We were at Al-ii's house for awhile and didn't want to leave.
But he had ot play and I wanted to see the show. So there was about 10 surf fans. But No SD area TC people there :(

Great day over all though,
Can't wait till next year.
Jeff(bigtikidude)

CL

Sounds like it was a GREAT show. Sorry that we missed it.

We planned on attending the gig, and were looking forward to it. But after delicious cocktails at Als, big mexican food meal, and 36 hours of fun with 3 hours sleep, we decided we'd better drag our toasted selves back to San Clemente (where we were staying). I'm sure it was a great show and disappointed we missed it. :)

T

cutting back I see !!!!

arrrrrrrrgh!

H
hewey posted on Mon, Apr 16, 2007 7:47 PM

Looks like a great day. Nice :D

P

it was a great day. met some [bold]fantastic[/bold] people. holden was a wonderful host. it was great to see some familiar faces, too. i just can't say how much i like all you people.

here's a few more pics. i'll add some more tomorrow. i have some great ones.

"i was framed!"

grog 1 and 1.1

the banker . . . .

kinny and a person with fantastic artistic taste, roxanne.

on the Topic of the Squirrle , if any one knows of a Squirrle Mug let me know .Id like to purchase one . Thanks Tyger

G
GROG posted on Mon, Apr 16, 2007 11:05 PM

The squirrels are so YESTERDAY! They made 2 or 3 people laugh, one of them being Kinny, and you being another.

Oh my, Whatta weekend! I pounded a lot of miles in a few short days but worth every inch of the trip and it's still not over yet. My voice is shot, my thoat sore from hours of talkin' and my jaws still hurt from laughin' so much. Y'all are some of the funniest and friendliest bunch of folks I know and it is my pleasure to call every one of you a pal. It is always a blast to see my old buddies and meet a few new ones too. I had very cool and friendly neighbors all around me. (Kirk from the Nutty Hawaiian, Big Ed and Chris from Tiki Broker, Mean Gene from Falling Cocos and Nick, Eileen and Jonpaul from Tiki Magazine) A gigantic MAHALO to Holden and all the fine folks at Tiki Farm for putting together a great day under the sun. Another ** HUGE** thanks to everyone who stopped by my humble booth to wish me luck on my quickly approaching move to the islands and who helped out by picking up some of my art and swag. I can't say it enough times how much I appreciate the support I get from all of you on so many levels. I had a steady stream of visitors and didn't get much of a chance to get away from my booth to peruse and mingle but it was really cool to get to hang out with a bunch of you afterwards in Magoomba.

a few Highlights for me were:

• A three dollar tip in Cook Island money from Mr and Mrs Bongofury. I will post a pic of the bill once I get back home and I can scan it. It is absolutely beautiful and a real peice or art!

• Knowing that all the art that I sold is going to hangin' on the walls of my old friends and new.

• Little Lost Tiki's incandescent hair

• Meeting and getting to put a few more faces to the names I see on a daily basis. (Lil Wahine, Mr and Mrs. Cheeky Half, Pdrake, Tiki Lee, Thor, Bay Park Buzzy, theded1 and Cedric form Aisletiki .com. There are a few more I probably missed but some of my brain cylinders are still misfiring and I am still beat from the days long drive.

• Seeing one of my Puffer fish drawings as a tattoo on a Dean's leg after he figure out I was the guy who drew it.

• Watching Bora Boris's Hawaiian Hot Dog literally shoot out of the bun and into the trash can seconds after he purchased it. The look on his face still has me laughing out loud. Dude you got use less force when applying those condiments!

• The Glasgow Tiki Shakers ripping it up as always!

• Some very hi-larious conversations with **DAVE DID IT! ** and Kim, Squid, Pdrake, Hiphiphula and various other clowns and monkeys

• Dr.Vital Tiki crackin' my back after a day of workin' and making it sound like a fresh batch of Jiffy Pop popcorn.

• Magoomba Mai-Tais!

• Witnessing Hiphiphula overcome her fear of broken mugs!

• Partyin' down into the wee hours like I was in High School again with a handful of the late nighters. We were even listening to the same music from those days. Thanks again to Make Da Mug for giving a brother a comfy couch and a pillow to lie his head upon and for being a great dude with unstoppable enthusiasm and love for all of the freaks that make up this unique bunch or wackos!

• Getting up to my friend's house in Cardiff and finding out they had a back massage chair that they could not get me out of for several hours.

I am sure will remember a few more later but I think I got enough here to convince you that this event was nothing short of a CLASSIC and I am so stoked I was able to be a part of it!

Yes, I was one of the slackers who said I was going to the Surf Show in OB and flaked out and I am very sorry I missed JP jammin' with the Insect Surfers and BigTiki Dude has already given me a man sizes portion grief. I know their is no excuses for flaking out, but I was too buzzed, tired and honestly havin a great time at Magoomba with everybody to haul my sore and weary self another inch down the road.

Since all my clams are going into my move, I am trying not to amass more stuff and I was on a very limited budget I did not buy a whole lot, but I did do some trading and manage a few choice scores. I picked up a couple sweet little tikis from Tiki Broker and Son. A Monkeyman frame, some of Grog's art that I found and would not give back to him. (Loser weeper, finder keepers buddy boy,) a handful of Pdrake Moai casts, A fried Kirby pendant, an Ona Tiki Pendant, a colorful $3.00 dollar bill from the Cook Islands cortesy of The Bongofurys, an indestructible Moai mug from Jonpaul and Marie (OK, I will give that because I said that I would) and a ton of great memories.

So onto a few highlights from my pics:

Kevin (Right?) and his new shrunken & beaded Cyclop's head

Little Lost Tiki and Big Grief Giver Dude

Two of the nicest folks you will ever meet, Mr and Mrs Bongofury.

Tiki Cate, Moki, Micki, Ron and Mary Ann out and about having a good time. Tiki Cate is holding the artwork she accidentally left behind, If you saw it let her know!

Cyntiki and Bealza-Elvis's Little pirate dude.

Self portrait of former long hair Polynesiac and mop head Chongolio

Glasgow Tiki Shakers shaking up San Clemente

Sperm Whale and Whale Rider goofin' off

Hiphiphula showing a mug who is boss

If you want to see the rest of my pics check out the post on my blog Barefoot Bloggin'. I look forward to seeing some of you again at the Forbidden Island One Year Anniversary Party. And also at the Tiki Treasures and Polynesian Pin-ups show. Yes friends, the Tiki season is here again. Hooray!

Mahalo Holden for the Good Times we all had at the sale! Great All Day Party as always! I broke a mug!!! ok it was already chipped,, but I Broke it!! I met lots of new folks, Coco Loco & Mai Tai what fun! Thanks Dave & Kim for my beautiful Badlands Moai necklace & for picking up my VLV 10 mugs, Kinny for my "Angry Sun" Squidster for the deals and signing everything along with Doug Horne, Thor, Bamboo Ben and Grog. It was fun hangin' with the girls in the TF warehouse, what was the name of the dude with the big... beer opener? Poor Doug with his little chap stick :D Waves to Kirby & Polly, John & Paula, Tom & Elene because you are cool! Tiki Kate's sunburn didn't slow down her shopping' spree ouch! It was funny to see Soccer Tiki & WooHoo sell the goods wow! RANDY! I wish you all good things in your life, all the best in Hawaii, I will miss you at events I think you make me laugh just about more than anyone I have ever known! :) Thanks again Holden for your Hospitality, your a all around Good Man.

GROG SEZ...

The squirrels are so YESTERDAY! They made 2 or 3 people laugh, one of them being Kinny, and you being another.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
That was for Jymmy!!!!

G
GROG posted on Tue, Apr 17, 2007 9:42 AM

Still not funny.

Still not funny TO YOU,Ernie....
Maybe you broke your funnybone....sittin on your BIG BUTT being LAZY!
Great seeing you on Saturday by the way :)

D

What a great event. It was fun to catch up with old friends and make new one as well. A big thanks goes out to all the vendors that gave us the sweet deals. Does anyone have any info one the DJ? Who is he and how can we get a hold of him for parties? I am not sure who sold the most but Kirby gets the award for "Last Man Vending".

Whats really Funny is I asked Kirby how much he sold and he said nothing, That was also another reason I bought the big tiki from him.

what no love for the Kirby, People?

Jeff(bigtikidude)

your mouth is moving but all I hear is Blah blah blah.
just razzin' one more time.
I would have liked to seen you and others at the Insects show.
But its probably better you drunk people stayed off the freeway down to SD.
Jeff(bigtikidude)

Chongolio wrote:
Yes, I was one of the slackers who said I was going to the Surf Show in OB and flaked out and I am very sorry I missed JP jammin' with the Insect Surfers and BigTiki Dude has already given me a man sizes portion grief. I know their is no excuses for flaking out, but I was too buzzed, tired and honestly havin a great time at Magoomba with everybody to haul my sore and weary self another inch down the road.

A BIG THANKS for the Picture , I,ll leave the Squirrel thing to Rest , I did buy a few stuffed ones on E,bay im gonna do somthing with and am gonna look for a Mug I hope . Thanks, Little Lost Tiki for the Pic . Hava Kool one on Me Tyger

Ow Boy Grog I think im living in the Past .

On 2007-04-16 23:05, GROG wrote:

I guess I was the third. Maybe Grog just needs a drink. How about one from a Squirrel Decanter:

Or is Grog just grumpy because his head is cold. This might do the trick:

Just playin' with you Ernie since I didn't get a chance to pester you in person too much. Thanks again for droppin' your art for me to find. It will be on ebay in a few days if you want to try and get it back. :wink:

Chongolio

Very Kool DUDE, Very Kool , That Rocks I need to find one of them any ideas . Thanks

S
squid posted on Tue, Apr 17, 2007 9:13 PM

On 2007-04-17 10:01, dibroc wrote:
Does anyone have any info one the DJ? Who is he and how can we get a hold of him for parties? I am not sure who sold the most but Kirby gets the award for "Last Man Vending".

It was Sharon's (the new voice of Tiki Farm) hubby Gary. I agree. Good tunes were spun indeed.

Kirby actually got the award for last vendor wobbling :)

I got an order for a Sailfish so the Show worked out Realy Kool , it was just nice Chattin up a Storm with Everyone, at some of the Shows we cant realy talk to much with the Music and all but this was Great and Realy nice Dinner at the Spagetie house .

WOW! What a day! Big thanks to Holden/The Farm and everyone that was there (and the ones there in spirit) that made it such a blast. It was like a kick ass block party with the best artists around opening their doors to buy stuff from, chat and just hang out and have fun with. And a special thanks to EVERYONE from Mrs. Daves Not home (Kim) and Badland Beads

We finally made it back to the Old Pueblo. Took us a little longer than anticipated. Came darn close to making the return trip via Tijuana! Those Freeway signs just aren't as big as they used to be.

We just wanna say a big old thanks to Holden for hosting such a fabulous event. It was great meeting up with old friends and making new ones. Look forward to seeing you all again some time soon...

M&M

MT

Holy Schnikies, what a great weekend!!! When it comes to kicking off the Tiki Season, Holden doesn't mess around. Much mahaloz for throwing such a fantastic event! You're the bestest!!! And so are your ringtones! :D

Here's Kirby while the day's still young, along with a clean cut Dr. Z, and Spermy Hagar and Whalerider

Showin' the love for the Monkey Man

There were so many cool artists, and I'm glad I was able to meet a few more, like Mr. and Mrs. Cheeky Half. See you guys in Tucson!!!
(Note - this isn't Mr. and Mrs. Cheeky half here, only Mr. Cheeky Half in the black and white shirt)

Mean Gene, your phone number is still in the Women's restroom at Forbidden Island. At least as far as I can tell from looking through the peephole.

Little Lost Tiki, you rule!!!

So do you, Bora Boris and Hiphipahula

My friend Terri, who lives across the street from Tiki Farm in that condo complex, enjoys Mugoomba. Thanks for letting us crash at your place, Terri!!!

Cool Forbidden Island style booth at Mugoomba

Just put the damn hat on, biatch!!!

As the day wore down to a close, we were anxious to burn the contents of Ben's treasure chest

Then it was time for the Mugoomba party

Then we headed out to Al-ii's place for a few drinks, before dinner at the Bali Hi, and the Insect Surfer's show

After a few of Al's fantastic libations, we realized that we were too tired to head down to San Diego. We went out for mexican food instead, and then headed back to our friend's condo at San Clemente to vegetate and watch tv. Since Tiki Farm was on our way back home, we thought we'd just pop by for a minute to see if the party was still going on. Surprisingly it was, and we were welcomed with open arms

The party was still in full swing!!!

Until Holden decided to show us the proper way to smash a tiki mug

So Holden decided to move the party back to his pad, where we participated in the Laugh Like Ricky Ricardo contest

Ees sooo rideeekulus!!!

Dude! That is a 1982 Depeche Mode song, dating back to their Vince Clark days before he started Yaz with Allison Moyet.

Holden models the latest in vintage wear, while dancing to his Mahna-Mahna ringtone

Hey, I've got a great idea! Let's call Bamboo Ben at 3 in the morning!!! It'll be a riot!!!

Well, so much for going to bed early that night. When we were pickin' up beer in the grocery store, Randy said "Wow, no sleep is a real buzz!" How true Randy, how true. I think I got 3 hours sleep in 36 hours, not to mention that Coco Loco and I left the Bay Area to drive down to Tiki Farm at 11:00pm on Friday night!!! But you know what? It was totally worth it! What an incredibly awesome weekend! I'm going next year fer sure, as well as heading down to the Farm's Big Ol' Bash this July.

Once again, it was so great hangin' with all-y'all. Al-ii, thanks again so much for your generosity and hospitality. That absinthe drink you made me put me over the top! Three small sips, and I was done!!! Boris, great hangin' with ya, man! So great to meet new (for me) peeps like Hiphipahula, Little Lost Tiki, Mr. and Mrs. Cheeky Half, Thor, Dave... Also great hangin' with MonkeyMan - thanks for the delicious Monkeypods!, Dr. Z, SoccerTiki and WoohooWahine - WooHoo Juice good!, Jeff (sorry we didn't make it to the surf show - we felt bad about it), Tiki Bird, Tiki Cutie, and anyone else I may have forgotten who may or may not have Tiki in their name. Spermy and WhaleRider, you totally rock!!! - always great hangin' out with you!

And again, a huge mahaloz to Holden, for throwing such an awesome event!!! I can't wait for the Big Ol' Tiki Bash!!! Hey, I guess I'll see everyone up here this coming weekend for Forbidden Island's One Year Anniversary Party. Make sure to pack some SoCal sunshine in your suitcases! Mai Tai out!!!

Great pictures as usual Mai Tai.

I have no idea how you and Coco Loco kept going after dinner, you two are tough. I went to bed at 2:00 and was more useless than usual on Sunday.

Wow! I need a haircut really bad.

T

Nothing says 'welcome' to my 'pad' like a warm bottle of Corona !!!!

Damn, I forgot my camera!! Thanks Holden for a great event and thanks for putting my booth near the freeway, will draw for food. Great seeing everyone and showing off my tiny chapstick, Hiphipahula you know you love it :lol: The guy with the bottle opener has nothing on me.

On 2007-04-19 12:02, Swamp Fire wrote:
The guy with the bottle opener has nothing on me.

The Guy with the bottle opener is Dr. Vital Tiki from San Pedro :) aka The Kissing Bandit Chiropractor :)

On 2007-04-19 12:02, Swamp Fire wrote:
Great seeing everyone and showing off my tiny chapstick, Hiphipahula you know you love it :lol: The guy with the bottle opener has nothing on me.

You know us girlie's love it! ...all 1 1/2" :D Good times!

At least he wasn't kissing everyone! LOL!

On 2007-04-20 09:21, SoccerTiki wrote:

At least he wasn't kissing everyone! LOL!

It looks like "kissing" might not be the right reference here. Can't say the obvious... think I'd be banned here for life.

[ Edited by: MakeDaMug 2007-04-20 16:09 ]

Get your minds out of the gutter you reprobates. My mom reads this stuff :roll:

EEEEEEOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!(stealing from Mr. Spermy) WHat a great time Barbi and I had with all you freaks! I was busy pimpin' my (somewhat blemished) balls, so i didn't get to hang with everyone I wanted to (I think I said like a sentence and a half to Holden), but we had a blast. Thanks to everyone who came by and if you purchased a globe from me, please shot me an email with a picture of it once you have it up and running. I love to see those!!!

I have no pictures fromt the event either!!! sorry!

I'd been away from the tiki events for a while, and it was good seeing ya'll at the Tiki Farm event (and that Drasnin event too) catching up and finding out who's cut their hair and who's lettin' it GROW

HOpe to see all yall again soon!

Way late, but I also wanted to thank everyone involved in making this event happen! I ended up having to go by myself, but it was a fun afternoon. It was fun seeing a bunch of TC members in person and getting to put faces to the names (even though I didn't really meet many of you since I'm not good at introducing myself). Lots of friendly people and tons of impressive art, rockin' tunes, & great bargains. I wish I had more space in this tiny apartment so I could've brought more goodies home. When I hit the lotto jackpot and build my big custom Tiki hut home, it'll be fully furnished by Tiki Central artists! The only disappointment of the day was that the wind kicked up and made me chilly before I got my shave ice. And that I forgot to wear some of my previously-purchased PDrake resin Moais as jewelry (one more reason why I'm not allowed to buy the gorgeous stuff made from real gemstones!)

On 2007-04-14 22:33, Zaya wrote:
I had a great time today! It was a pleasure seeing everyone, and meeting some new friends! Here are a "few" pictures I took from the sale today...

Zaya

Who's stall is that?

CL

Bay Park Buzzy's, I believe.

M
Murph posted on Tue, May 8, 2007 10:44 PM

A bit late...

So much talent in one parking lot!

Here are photos of Cammo's MugHut and Polynesiac's fishfloat light, that I scored that weekend, in action.

Thanks guys.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 331 replies