Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Tiki Farm's Parking Lot Sale this Saturday - HUGE!!!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 331 replies

D

I know Holden has posted this but I just want to give the Keiki's "Art Room" a little bump. Paula has several different coloring pages from some of our favorite tiki artists, puzzles, and some books for the little ones to read. She will be playing music to help set the mood and even has a tiki prize for the kids that stop in for a while. This will be a FREE, fun, supervised activity to give the BIG kids a chance to do a little shopping and catch a little of the live music. WE want to thank Squid, Ken Ruzic and Von Franko for coloring pages, Kirby for the pendents and Holden and the good people at the Farm for the space. Be sure to stop in and see what the Keikis and Paula are up too.
See you all there!

BUMP!
12.5 hours til countdown.....

im realy stoked for this, its gonna be sweet

RV is packed full of stuff and ready to roll out in the early am!!!

On 2007-04-13 20:08, little lost tiki wrote:
BUMP!
12.5 hours til countdown.....

I can already hear you WooHooing!! Are you ready for some WooHooJuice? :wink:

Okay, time to go into a minor coma then I'll see all of you freakazoids tomorrow. I'd like to give Kinny a special, warm MAHALO for making all the name tags!!

Anyone wanna buy my TC Ohana Hut for 300 clams?

One just sold on ebray for 299.

I need a new tool!!! ( to build Tiki Bars better!!!)

Lemme know before 5 a.m. and I'll bring it down to da sale!

No takers on the other post, in marketplace.

It's for a good cause! ( and not on ebay! yet!)

OOOOhhhh.....they look purty all lit up...

(ps - that hot spot is only visible on the camera, they put out a nice GLOW)

TIme to load up the car! See ya'll in the AM!

Nice job with the display there, Polynesiac. That block and tackle really gives it the perfect touch. Ben and Danny should hire you on some of their jobs.

Sabu

On 2007-04-13 22:46, Sabu The Coconut Boy wrote:
Nice job with the display there, Polynesiac. That block and tackle really gives it the perfect touch. Ben and Danny should hire you on some of their jobs.

Sabu

Oooooo. The Grog a like speaks!! You back from Bali yet??

how was your trip??

Nice gig Nesiac!

Hell Yeah, Ben!

I expected to see you on that Indonesian Island but I guess you've been busy. Well I guess I'll see you tomorrow then. Don't get me mad - Grog's given me permission to draw your cartoon if he gets too busy. I could see that happening.

Sabu

Rise and Shine, there's a Parking Lot Sale at Tiki Farm to get to. WOOOOHOOO!! :)

Bring back some pictures and awesome stories!!

E.T.A=1 hour

They must be in full swing now....I can hear the bartering all the way up north. Eagerly awaiting pics...and maybe offers of good deals on any left-overs. :)

Just returned and nursing my sore feet and wallet. Lots of great deals to be had. Holden had a great success again. Met a bunch of TCers and got great deals on all aisles. Will upload pics tonight after recovery.

Dean

just got back, soo awsome, the band ripped, and some awsome tiki finds. I was the guy with the mohawk

[ Edited by: tikithomas08 2007-04-14 16:13 ]

Who won the award

for sellin

the most stuff today??

Ha?! Ha?! Ha?!

( besides Holden. He does not count!!)

Nice see'in everyone today!!

Mooohalows!

BenbooBam!

Where am I gonna put all these damn mugs? Nice seein yall!

C
Cammo posted on Sat, Apr 14, 2007 8:30 PM

Mug Schmug. I finally got my Kon-Tiki BOWL!!!!

What a great event! Grabbed a bunch of stuff dirt cheap.

The one downside was the terrible traffic heading from San Diego. There was an auto wreck at the exit from I-5 north to Ave Pico.

Must have been somebody in a hurry to get a deal.

Z
Zaya posted on Sat, Apr 14, 2007 10:33 PM

I had a great time today! It was a pleasure seeing everyone, and meeting some new friends! Here are a "few" pictures I took from the sale today...

Grog I expect visitation rights!

Zaya

Thanks for the pics Zaya.

U

Awesome pics, Zaya! The event was a hoot and my thanks to all of the artists for helping me ruin my bank account! Also thanks to Bamboo Ben for his helpful advice!

K

TL

We had a great time yesterday, if you missed it you missed out. It was fun catching up with alot of TCers, and adding to the ever growing tiki bar collection. The anticipation is building as Tiki Oasis approaches. Mahalos

What an amazing display of Artists we saw yesterday . You people should be commended for all your hard work . Hell , you even have Woohoo and Soccer vending now .But Jen and I walked the crowd and totally enjoyed it . Shes learning so much about the pop tiki culture . She abslolutly freaked when she was introduced to Holdens Bar . She is still talking about it .
My greatest thrill was to finally meet Thor and look at some of his original paintings in detail.He signed some pieces for us and was genuinely a gracious host . I love his mechanical fantasy style .
I got heckled a little for not vendind but I had too much on my plate doing Vegas last week and my show in two weeks . I hope to be there next year vending .
Holden , it was a great event and a large turnout , killer job boss !

C

WooHoo and Soccer had more choice stuff by just cleaning out the top half of their hall closet than most two vendors put together! (See what I mean about Soccer generating an invisible forcefield of PARTY wherever he goes???)

Gotta hand it to Kate, too, she was the first one on the ground and running. I think she was there at 5:45 am.

I hada Rippin Blast yesterday , its SOO KOOL Chattin and Mingling with Everyone , Thanks SOO Much to Holden for puttin on a Fantastic Event and Kirby for Hangin 10 with Me . Stay Fab & Mod , All the Best Everyone . Jymmy

Thanks for the great event Holden!!! It was the first time for WooHoo and I to ply our wares on the general public! We brought about 80 mugs (all dups and trips) and packed up a dozen when it was over! Also sold about 15 Aloha shirts (out of 25!) And thank Bamboo Ben for the great advice and extra products to sell!!! We had soo much fun just talkin' with everyone that came to our booth! I was so busy all day that I barely got around to chat and buy stuff from all the great vendors! After about 10 Mai-Tai's (before noon) it was just a big party!!! There were a lot of great artists and vendors and the music was rockin'! It was good to see sooo many TC'ers as well. I think I even saw Dr Z's short-haired twin brother!!!

On 2007-04-15 11:20, Cammo wrote:
Gotta hand it to Kate, too, she was the first one on the ground and running. I think she was there at 5:45 am.

You know what they say, Cammo. The early bird catches the worm. Then she spends twice as much money as she should have, gets incredibly drunk and insanely sunburned.

This was one of the best Tiki Farm parking lot sales I've ever attended. (And I'm pretty sure I've been to all of them.)

Here's a sampling of the items that were for sale that I ended up taking home with me.

I finally own a piece of Clysdalle's art.

Mieko's pendants and a Stacey Morris necklace

The newest addition to my collection of Laura Harper originals

The Doug Horne mask

I got this amazing salad set from Buzzy.

A few Ken Ruzik pieces

Some of Monkeyman's fabulous framed albums

Cammo's gorgeous mug shelf holding some of the mugs I bought

A Buzzy original

Pdrake's beautiful little moai

I think the best part was being able to acquire so much art from people I know personally and with whom I have the pleasure of carving every month.

Cammo wins the prize for the single vendor who got the largest amount of money from me. (He beat Derek by $1.)

C
Cammo posted on Sun, Apr 15, 2007 2:22 PM

Check out that haul! Is the Clysdalle piece painted on stone?

The funny thing is, I swear I didn't see Kate *carrying a single thing the entire time. *She just seems to acquire the item, it vanishes, then reappears neatly packed in the back of her car miliseconds later, so fast it doesn't trip the car alarm!

What did everybody else get???

What did everybody else get???

I got Sunburned!

Annnnnnnd...
i got a King Okole "watering can" (my life is complete...)
A Squid pendant
a "Ruzic Mug" drawing by GROG,complete with all the of motifs I've been working with(including the infamous squirrels!)
a pdrake pendant
some fun conversation and a giant joke with the impeccable Mr. Horne
some THOR coffee(thanks THOR! Glad i finally got to meet you!)
5 items from Ben's $5 Bin! (thanks Ben!)
the new Tiki Magazine
2 Hotdogs (plain)
hawaiian shave ice
a sucker from Chongolio(cause the pseudophed gave me total drymouth!)
the chills (from my sunburn)
a headache (either from only having 1 coffee or else not drinking enough water)
insightful and wonderful dialogues with so many cool folks
a tiki Bumper Sticker from WOOHOO!
lotsa smiles,hugs,and giggles
but the bestest thing I "got" was how much of a family this TC Ohana is!
Just the friendliness and warmth everyone generated was really special!
Setup was great,everyone was hustling and bustling,helping each other out,and bro-ing down,and seeing such an amazing collection of talent and passion was really really outstanding! It's weird that Don Ho died that day...I would hope that on the way to Heaven, that he was able to fly thru our humble parking lot Sale and see the love and Aloha that he himself helped to spread.I think that would have gave him a final smile before the start of his final vacation...
Thanks everyone! Especially Squid for playing Tag Team smoker's lung with me! He wore a hat! he was the smart one!And thank you to all the people who took a painting,book,or print home! It was a blast signing the backs of the Mug prints with stuff like "See you next Summer!" "TLA""UR 2 Good 2B Forgotten" "Go Vikings" (as in Danville Vikings-my High School team!) and "Seniors Rock!" Total Yearbook Action!
Dave also started a "trend" by signing mugs backwards....that way you can look at yourself in the mirror with your prized mug and still be able to read the signature!
Genius! Pure Genius!
Speaking of Genius......
Thank you a million times Holden! You really know how to strengthen the bonds of this crazy Tiki family! It's fun to watch you in "Action-Mode"! You would've made a Great World War 2 General! Awe-inspiring!
Can we do this twice a year? :wink:

WOOOOHOOOOO! What a Tiki-rrific Day!! Mahalo to Holden, All the Vendors, the Entertainers and "EVERYONE" who made the Tiki Trek to Tiki Farm Yesterday. We arrived at 6:30am and didn't head home until 9:00pm. What a day it was. For all of you who couldn't make, next year this event needs to be a MUST on your 2008 Calendars. We were so busy at our booth that I didn't have time to take alot of pics. But here are a few that I took:

Here's our Booth:

A Future TCer:

Our Favorite Keiki's: SurferTiki and Monkeygirl

Cheekyhalf, Soccer Tiki, & Mr.Cheekyhalf of Velvet Glass

Little Lost Tiki & Dr. Vital Tiki

SmokinTiki & Dr.Vital Tiki

The Party Animals: SoccerTiki & Cammo

Thanks Holden! The parking lot sale was a great time; I thought I took a lot of pictures but um.. It turns out I was making tiny 3 second B/W movies. :roll: (I had borrowed a friend’s camera that I wasn’t too familiar with.) Oops! So I’ve made some tiny screen shots. I managed to get a few real pictures too.

Clockwise from upper left Squid and Little Lost Tiki • Jeff "Big Tiki Dude", Mai Tai, Me and Chongolio The Gun Show comes to The O.C. • Chongolio and Polynesiac • Dummy who can’t work a camera and Polly • Jeff Big Tiki Dude, Chongolio and Squid • Polly, Kirby and Squid • Thor and Bamboo Ben • Kirby, Jonpaul and Doctor Z.

Tyger Jimmy and Maggie Cheeky Half.

Kirby and Polly

The Reverend Bamboo Ben, Sabu the Coconut Boy and Charles Nelson Tiki

Pdrake, Squid and Ruzik.

[ Edited by: Bora Boris 2007-04-15 20:00 ]

Hey Tiki Freaks!

We're having a pre-Oasis Parking Lot Party on Sunday, August 12th at the Bamboo Ben Shanty Town Huts.

Interested in participating?

pm or email.

( looking for a few free bands too!)

Thanks to Holden, Tiki Farm and all our tiki friends. We had a great time playing and shopping at one sweet event. Thanks again everyone!

For anyone in the OC area - we're playing at The Doll Hut/Anaheim on Saturday, April 28 at 7:30(?) pm (call for details 714-533-1286) with 3 other awesome surf bands and on Sunday, April 29 at the Huntington Beach Pier band shell/Huntington Beach International Surfing Museum at noon with 5 other surf bands including the Surfaris!

TCers rock!!!

Glasgow Tiki Shakers

[ Edited by: GlasgowTikiShakers 2007-04-15 20:15 ]

K

wish I could have been there :( sounds like a blast!!!

Two more!

Roxanne and Grog!

Chongolio's Land of the Locals and Coco Loco's foot.

[ Edited by: Bora Boris 2007-04-15 21:04 ]

T

What a great time! Tons of cool stuff. And the people? Even cooler! You guys really know how to spread the spirit of Aloha!

S
squid posted on Sun, Apr 15, 2007 9:59 PM

Holy crap am I beat! That was a killer fun sale!

I got:
-Glasgow Tiki Shakers CD
-vintage vinyl from Monkey Man
-all the way from Germany: vintage vinyl KrautRock, Gummi Bears and chocolate from Wolli!!
-a cool woodcarving book from Ruzic
-the new Tiki Magazine
-a tasty batch of lil' psychedelic pdrake moais
-really good Italian food at Sonny's after the sale
-a hangover :)

Thanks to MakeDatMug for putting on an A+ event all the way around and for hiring the Tiki Shakers.
These guys are awesome! Even with the sun beating down mercilessly, they pumped it out long and strong. Thanks to Joyce, Bill and Bruce for keeping everyone hoppin' and shoppin'. (I covet thy orange Ludwigs...)

Dibroc is Mr. Multi-task and kept all of us vendors iced down and wanting for naught. Thanks John!

Paula was so great to keep the ankle biters busy. I'm pretty sure Grog, Boris and Kirby were in there coloring. I just kept hearing the whack of a ruler on Holden's desk and screams of, "No dammit! INSIDE the lines!!!"

George and his brood were awesome in the Farm booth and Lupe even made a cameo appearance!!

It was great to meet so many new faces and to have my feeble memory refreshed on the names I couldn't remember....hey! I thought whats-his-name was bringing name tags!!

Most of all, thanks to those who left their money in my care. I will use it for my son's college education so that he may support me in my old age when I can't remember anyone's name. Enjoy your finds and see y'all at Tiki Treasures & Poynesian Pinups.

skwid

P

i had a great time and got pretty red myself. i'll post a more extensive recap with photos tomorrow as i'm beat after the drive home. i just wanted to post probably the best photo i took.

What a day!!!!

Thanks to everyone who stopped in and said hello and of course to those that walked away a new member of the Clysdalle art family! Thanks to Holden for making it happen, I'll be there again for sure!!!

thanks to Meiko for luring people into out booth with her kick ass pendants!

was great to finally meet little lost tiki and others! See you all soon!!

...and little lost...when are we having an art jam?

T

ALOHA!!

I am still in San Clemente and will head out today!! I wanted to say that I was TRULY amazed at what a great group I had the privlage to meet this past weekend at the Parkinglot sale!!! We will be exhibiting will at both Hukilau ad Tiki Oasis this summer and I can't wait to see everyone again!! Just really warm and FUN Ohana!!!

I can't say enough good things. I am on my paint spattered laptop in my hotel here and since the wireless seems a bit shakey, I will keep my words to a minimum for now. Have a great week all!!!

~ Thor

T

Good sign ... Not one picture of Bamboo Ben puffing away !!!!!

Well, another one under the belt. It turned out to be a really nice day which added to what will henceforth be "The Official Opening of Tiki Season" Tiki Farm Annual Parking Lot Sale.

Everything went smooth and as best as I could tell, all were happy and digging the scene. I ended up heading back to my pad with a handful of TC'ers and Chongolio and I were up until 4am, revelling in the mesmerizing spell that Tiki has cast upon us all.

Big Mahaloz to my man Jorge and my awesome new assistant Sharon as well as Jorge's cool daughter Michelle for helpin' out. Also to Sharon's husband Gary for dolling out the tunes & mc'ing the event, promoting the vendors while cranking out the tunes.

This will continue to happen every April so rest assured, if you need to get your spring time Tiki fix and find a lot of great values and diversity, we'll be headin' your way again in 2008.

Mahaloz!
Holden

G
GROG posted on Mon, Apr 16, 2007 9:04 AM

Thanks for the event Holden, it was a blast. Let's do it again next weekend!!

It was great seeing so many people again GROG hadn't seen for awhile. Thanks everybody for stopping and visiting with GROG. GROG spend enough time talking with people that GROG not go broke buying everything.

Thanks Bay Park for GROG's awesome Moai. GROG glad GROG just had to outbid Zaya to get it rather than fight her for it. She probably kick GROG's ass.

Ruzic died his hair BRIGHT blonde and Dr. Z and Polynesiac cut theirs off. Now Squid and Bigtikidude have to die and cut their hair off. They are last of the LONG HAIR holdouts.

S
squid posted on Mon, Apr 16, 2007 9:41 AM

Sorry Grog. Chongo and Tron are still hangin' with the rebels baby! Me suspects some jealousy perhaps??

Don't mind me...I'm just buzzin' on Thor's Caffeinated Rocket Fuel.....whoooooOOOoooOOOoooOOooOOOOOoooo

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 331 replies