Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Tiki Farm's Parking Lot Sale this Saturday - HUGE!!!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 331 replies

G
GROG posted on Wed, Apr 11, 2007 8:21 PM

Ruzic, Kirby, and Pdrake will be there along with Bamboo Ben. You shouldn't be scared---you should be terrified.

"Scruzic Youzic" Ernie! :lol:
Squirrel-Kisser! :lol:

Well im realy bummed about the Squirrles , but word is that other group !!! the Squirrles Nut Zippers will be the opening Band for this week and they might be doin the next tonga hut event so if anyone can confirm that please do , I herd the Bass Player is a real Nut on the stand up Bass .

P

yeah, yeah

i was thinking of hitting the tonga hut friday night. anyone up for that?

ok, here is the last thing I'm adding to my pile for the tikifarm event.....a little hot rod tiki for ya..

18x36 Tiki Trippin.....come by the booth and check it out...colors dont really show up as well here...but here he is!

you can see a big version here...
http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/53026634/

Me and the other half are gettin all tingly with anticipation about the upcoming weekend.

We'll be bringing along some original mosaics and a new one we just finished will make it's public debut. Here's a sneak peek...

We also have some light boxes we've made....

Bali Hai

Mambo

Pee Ku Boo

We thought we'd show 'em here as we don't have any electicity at the sale to plug 'em in and make 'em do their
'light-up' thing.

We'll also have some mugs and scorpion bowls from our beloved Kon Tiki (Tucson) in the soon-to-be-history original brown glaze. There aren't too many of these left (in fact, I think we have the very last case of mugs) and when they are gone they will be gone for good. He's swithching to a new glaze soon, so if you want an original brown one come see us.

We don't have any squirrels though.

Mr & Mrs. cheeky half

Hey Guys it,ll be KOOL to see ya at the event very very KOOL . I gotta go now bail my Squirrel freind Sherman outa Jail another 502 this guys drivin me NUTS he cant handle his Liquir .

I think the item that I'm looking forward to most this Saturday is Kinny's new CANNIBAL SAYS toy.

C
Cammo posted on Thu, Apr 12, 2007 7:22 AM

Look, this is WAY off topic, but has anybody seen a lot of GROG lookalikes runing around? We just got back from a trip and saw dozens of lo-hair GROGGy types, I even saw a GROG policeman.

Like -

GROG, you got a big family????

Is it my imagination or does it seem like this event is going to be bigger than in prior years?

Looking forward to it.

WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!
The adrenaline's pumping! I feel like a Tweaker on a 5-day binge I'm so excited!
Where's my heart pills? Only TWO MORE DAYS!
Sabu,thanks for ruining the surprise! That was Major Hush-Hush!
We also have an Orongo Easy Bake Oven and a few other things...
Now I'm gonna have to reveal a little secret of yours!
Thanks for getting the ball rolling Cammo....
Sabu has been involved in a Top-Secret
"Sabu-2457 Clone Dispersion Plan"...That's why you see so many GROG clones around! They're really Sabu clones but the process somehow degraded from the original...Hence the slack-jaw.vacant stare,hideous features and caveman physique...Kinda like a retarded Sabu...
Since many samples were taken from the GROG-1 (our loveable Ernie) those have degraded even further,as you can plainly see out on the street,on the freeway, or at the mall....Wow!
Here's a collection I've assembled showing our President visiting the Sabu-2457 Clone Complex....
Compelling!Does anyone else have any pictures of these specimens?

Looks like Hugh Hefner IS NOT going to make it to the Tiki Farm Parking Lot Sale after all...........

LONG BEACH, Calif. (April 3, 2007) – Legendary Playboy founder Hugh Hefner will be surrounded by a bevy of female stars of film, television and sports when he assumes the role of Grand Marshal of this year’s Toyota Pro/Celebrity Race on Saturday, April 14, as part of the 33rd Annual Toyota Grand Prix of Long Beach.

It couldn’t be a better time for the venerable ladies’ man to lead the parade, since, for the first time ever, women make up almost half the field of 18 in this historic, 10-lap race for charity through a 1.97-mile street circuit through the downtown streets of Long Beach in Southern California. The Toyota Pro/Celebrity Race, one of six featured events during race weekend, gives fans a chance to see their favorite stars duke it out on the track during exciting action-packed competition.

Among the celebrity drivers is model and TV personality Kendra Wilkinson, best known as one of Hef’s three live-in girlfriends in the E! reality TV series The Girls Next Door. Fans can log onto Hollywagers.com to see how professional race handicappers think Kendra and her fellow the celebrity drivers – including Cold Case’s Kathryn Morris, Howard Stern’s sidekick Robin Quivers, CSI: Miami’s Emily Procter, tennis great Martina Navratilova, NBA legend John Salley and Star Wars’ creator George Lucas, among others – stack up. [The odds have been presented solely for entertainment purposes exclusively by Hollywagers.com, powered by Pregame.com, the country’s largest bet-centric information site. There will be no actual wagering on the outcome of the race.]

Hefner, who celebrates his 81st birthday on April 9, is a man who has profoundly influenced society in the last 50 years, during which Playboy has been the world's best-selling men's lifestyle magazine. Although born in Chicago, Hefner decided in 1975 to make Southern California his permanent home, reflecting the extent to which Hollywood movies had influenced his dreams and aspirations as a boy. Ever since, Hefner has tirelessly dedicated himself to a myriad of creative and philanthropic endeavors in his adopted community. In 1980, Hefner championed the reconstruction of the Hollywood sign – then in serious disrepair – and was honored by a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame for his efforts. In saving the sign, Hefner referred to it as "Hollywood's Eiffel Tower." The Hollywood Chamber of Commerce honored him further with its first Annual Hollywood Hall of Fame Award as Outstanding Citizen of the Year.

"Hugh Hefner is a true California icon – and a racing fan – and we are pleased to have him as Grand Marshal of the 31st Annual Toyota Pro/Celebrity Race," said Les Unger, Toyota’s national motorsports manager. "Fans are going to be thrilled to hear him shout, ‘Ladies and Gentlemen, Start Your Scion Engines!’ and see him wave the green flag."

wow.
thanks Ben,
I was wondering if he'd show up....
Warning! Some GROG clones have been spotted around military bases and Secure Areas.
They often are in disguise-don't let them fool you! They are very dangerous!

Found some more Ernie Clones just walking around today...

Scary! I wonder if they'll be at the Parking Lot Sale?

OOPs! We're off-topic again! Come to the TikiFarm Parking Lot Sale
this Saturday!

Just a thought, since a lot of us don't know what everyone looks like...
how about everyone wearing Nametags ?
Just a thought....

On 2007-04-11 16:02, JenTiki wrote:

So Jymmy, I'm sorry to say but the Squirrel Glory Days are over....
but they'll be delicious Hawaiian HotDogs and Shave Ice for the kids at this event!
:)

I'm really hoping you meant there'll, instead of they'll! Eeeewwww!

AAARRGGHH!!!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

K.

On 2007-04-11 19:20, little lost tiki wrote:
We'll have "Scruzic Youzic" tees and bumper stickers for sale there! Can it get any better?

can I buy a shirt via mail order???
K.

No!
to quote a t-shirt... "Screwzic Youzic"! :lol:

C

Paul Schaffer - GROG Clone #27. (Still in its early experimental stages.)

What is that control device he's holding onto????

T

"how about everyone wearing Nametags ?"-Little Lost

You want that with real names or fake?? My fake name is John Lee

C

"Little Lost" is in charge of name tags.

No!
Make your own dern tags! What am I ? Little Lost Tagmaker?
I just thought it would be a nice way of recognizing everyone.I might have a sheet or 2
of sticker paper-if i remember I'll bring it! Sheesh! What a bunch of Lazybones!

Wow! Now that I have seen some of the cool stuff being brought I am even more bummed out I have to miss this... I will be flying to Orlando, FL at 1pm on Saturday for a week vacation. I may be able to spare the time, since I'm leaving from John Wayne, but I don't think I can spare the cash. Damn, next time.

Oh and all those photoshops had me cracking up out loud at work right now, espcially Grog's flyer for Squid...you guys are crazy.

Aloha!

Come stop my booth and gawk at my huge, colorful, lighted balls! Touch them! Hold them! BUY THEM!

THey're colorful, frosted, 12" diameter lighted fish float lamps!

I'll have a few new designs for sale (with electrics and all - ready to hang), but I'll have quite a few "seconds" (old light designs, globes with small cracks - frosted with light hole big enough for a standard size bulb, and ready to hang) and maybe a few regular, untouched globes AT REDUCED PRICES! I may have other stuff too, but my balls will be taking up most of my vending space.

Here's a few pictures of what the lights look like:
unlit in boxes:

Hanging and lit:

I'm cash only, so please no credit cards! If you want prices shoot me a PM or email! I can't save any - so the early bird gets the worm! (and balls too!)

even if you don't want to buy my balls, feel free to stop buy and chat while holding my balls. My balls are for everyone to enjoy!

[ Edited by: Polynesiac 2007-04-12 14:06 ]

C
Cammo posted on Thu, Apr 12, 2007 2:07 PM

Little Lost look into my eyes. You LIKE making name tags. They're really FUN. You're really good at making name tags. The best. You won't be Lost anymore if you make name tags.

You like making name tags more than anything on Earth. You'd rather make name tags than breath.

You are having trouble breathing! Quick, make a name tag! Hurry!

J

On 2007-04-12 14:07, Cammo wrote:

You'd rather make name tags than breath.

You are having trouble breathing! Quick, make a name tag! Hurry!

Quick! Somebody hide the name tag paper! :P

Don't huff those markers anymore...it makes ya kinda loopy and the writing gets crooked on the tags. :D

Is anyone perchance going to have a laptop available with WIFI so that vendors can accept paypal payments?

I would pay a fee to whomever would provide this service.

The customer goes to the paypal station and prints out a confirmation as a receipt then the vendor can deliver the goods.

Just a thought for those of us who dont have credit card capabilities like the big players do.

S
squid posted on Thu, Apr 12, 2007 4:25 PM

On 2007-04-12 16:12, Monkeyman wrote:
Is anyone perchance going to have a laptop available with WIFI so that vendors can accept paypal payments?

I would pay a fee to whomever would provide this service.

The customer goes to the paypal station and prints out a confirmation as a receipt then the vendor can deliver the goods.

Just a thought for those of us who dont have credit card capabilities like the big players do.

Awesome idea! Anyone???

D

Pay pal has a service you can use by cell phone/ text. I have not used it but it is detailed on http://www.paypal.com

I will bring my lap top. if there is service in the area we can use it.

[ Edited by: dibroc 2007-04-12 16:29 ]

M
mieko posted on Thu, Apr 12, 2007 4:46 PM

Hey Monkeyman,
I do have a laptop, and a guaranteed connection via EVDO, however without power, I'm only as good as my battery lasts (unless I hike to my car and power up) and I'm without a printer. I'll be hanging out with Clysdalle in his booth, maybe we can work something out without the printed confirmation.

(and if anyone has power I can use for 15min a few times during the day, that would keep me going most of the day)

C
Cammo posted on Thu, Apr 12, 2007 6:27 PM

I was kind of wondering why this goes only until 3:00, so I'll ask.

Why does this only go 'till 3:00???

Got some grumpy neighbors, MakeDatMug?
4:00 a bit late for everybody?
Have to be somewhere at 3:30???

I mean, we got the Glasgow Guys, lots of mixer, every Freaky Tiki Type in Socal, booze, bikes, surfboards, tents, money and a pack of cards, MUGS TO SPARE...

Cause in my neighborhood, 3:00 is PARTY TIME!

I dont know about others, but I'm heading down to San Deigo after the parking lot sale. Gonna hit up Bali hi, or some other place to eat/drink. then go to a surf show in Ocean Beach at 8 pm.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

TS

3pm I'll be passed out from all the spiked shave ice!

Im Keeeeeeeeeeeedeeeeeeeeeeeng Holden!

P

i'll have my blackberry.

Name Tags sound Good heres a Fishy I caught off of Sanonofre yesterday duin the nude beach thing .

that is so fuck'n awesome!!!!

Thanks im brigin that to the Event this week

Man, am I ever looking forward to Saturday! I get to see a GROG, a Squid, a Tyger, a Clysdalle, Puka Dogs, a (P)Drake, a Doug (with a?) Horne, and a MonkeyMan or two! Too bad about the squirrels. It's going to be cooler than a 3-ring Cirque du Circus!

And of course a Little Lost Tiki, a BigTikiDude, Thor, RevBambooBen, and hosted by the master of ceremonies - MC MakeDaMug!

Just thinking about it is making me dizzy. I'll need to bring my autograph book for you to sign and my checkbook for me to sign! Oh yeah, I am a newbie. I guess I will need to bring cash.

Hey Tron!
Spare yourself the disappointment and stay home!
I've met some of the crew you've mentioned and they're all LAME...
especially GROG,Squid,Ben,and Jymmy! Kirby and Polynesiac are just as bad...
LAME! :)

S

On 2007-04-12 22:30, little lost tiki wrote:
Hey Tron!
Spare yourself the disappointment and stay home!
I've met some of the crew you've mentioned and they're all LAME...
especially GROG,Squid,Ben,and Jymmy! Kirby and Polynesiac are just as bad...
LAME! :)

Go Sqruzic yourself Ruzic! Or should I say Little LAME Tiki? I'm bringing chalk to mark off my space in the booth. Don't make me cross that line!!!

Welcome aboard Tron! Sounds like you're a bit too familiar with our antics to be a newbie. A lurker maybe, but not a newbie. Stop by and say howdy but don't waste your cash on Ruzic's slapdash "art". He's just reselling that "Starving Artists Liquidation Sale" stuff from the 70s he keeps in his underground bunker. Expect lots of huge-eyed orphans, really rainy & blurry Paris street scenes, and Red Skeltonesque clowns.

I live pretty close to the 'Farm, so I will take my chances. Wait... you did mean "lame" as in "weak and ineffectual; unsatisfactory:" and not as in "gold lame", like Liberace wore. Elvis could pull it off, Kylie Minogue does it, but the Tiki AllStars? That might be too scary.

Thanks for the welcome, Squid! Yeah, I guess I lurked for a little bit. It feels great to be legit!

I met Red Skelton in a Palm Springs toy store when I was a kid and I remember him as being real cool. But damn, those clowns have always scared me!

S

On 2007-04-12 23:01, TronTiki wrote:
I live pretty close to the 'Farm, so I will take my chances. Wait... you did mean "lame" as in "weak and ineffectual; unsatisfactory:" and not as in "gold lame", like Liberace wore. Elvis could pull it off, Kylie Minogue does it, but the Tiki AllStars? That might be too scary.

I meant the former, not the latter. Check out his LAME paintings:

Self Portrait, Pre-Hallucinogens

Homage to the Master

Aunt Mildred at my Bar Mitzvah

Dude....You Spilled My Bongwater!

:lol:
"I spilled my bongwater" won Best in Show at the Danville County Fair and Livestock Show back in 1982 I'll have you know! And that's your Aunt Mildred! She commissioned that painting,and you would be shocked at how she "paid" me for it!
Hey Tron!

But damn, those clowns have always scared me!

Like this?

Or this?

I dunno what's scarier..the paintings or the concepts and narratives they portray.
A clown with a big candy cane is capable of some pretty bizarre stuff!
The second one by the way is called "Dave's Misadventure"
Don't make me cross that chalk line!
Welcome to TC Tronnie!

S

On 2007-04-12 23:10, TronTiki wrote:
Thanks for the welcome, Squid! Yeah, I guess I lurked for a little bit. It feels great to be legit!

I met Red Skelton in a Palm Springs toy store when I was a kid and I remember him as being real cool. But damn, those clowns have always scared me!

Skelton was cool. I loved his TV show. It's Ken "Kaddiddlehopper" Ruzic that scares me.

"Skelton was cool. I loved his TV show. It's Ken "Kaddiddlehopper" Ruzic that scares me. "

HAHAHA!!!!!!!!!! omg i dunno thats just so funny... "Kaddiddlehopper" lol........... sorry i'm a nerd...

OH.. I'll bring a laptop btw

[ Edited by: Hiphipahula 2007-04-12 23:33 ]

Welcome to TC Tron-T.

If these Freaks bother you,

Sic Mom on em!!

Arrrrrrrr!!!

S

So tell me about the commission from Uncle Sid?

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 331 replies