Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

March Chop - Saturday March 22nd in Oceanside!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 302 replies

HOLY CRAP!@!! Sam better bring a bunch o Tamales!

M
mieko posted on Mon, Mar 17, 2008 7:20 PM

Sounds like a feast! I'll bring some white rice to go along with the Kahula Pork and the teriyaki chicken. :)

B

I'm not going to bother with this carving nonsense. I'll be too busy eating.

B

Sorry Cam...I didn't mean to unleash on ya brother...tough day at the grid today...I took it out on you.

Let's keep it fun. That's what these Chops are all about.

Good food, great company, and a spectacular race :) You teleportchamacallit, or whatever it is that your going to do, and I'll stoke the home fires at the Chop.

Who loves ya baby?

Camm let me know once youve stabbed your hand with that pencil, im an emergency first responder. ill rig up a turnicate with some of those tamale husks to stop the bleeding :D

B

Sounds like a blast, guys........and if anyone needs detaining or deporting, I'll be there to hook 'em up. I'm going to try and find time to do the rum cake this time around, but work is hectic. The wheather is nice and we're getting a lot of new folks to babysit down here in the South Bay.

C

Dude, you KNOW who won the turtle & hare race, right?

(Cause the hare was eating too many tamales!)

I still need a log.

On 2008-03-17 23:41, Cammo wrote:
Dude, you KNOW who won the turtle & hare race, right?

(Cause the hare was eating too many tamales!)

I still need a log.

They both ended up in soup.

B

"Dude, you know who won the turtle and the rabbit race right?"

True, True...but this time the rabbit is older and wiser and has power tools!

YAWN!

Master B, would you mind giving Cammo his log?

B

Tell you what Cammo...you come on over after I get off work tonight and I'll give you a hunk of this choice log Buzzy gave me awhile back. She's a beauty!

You know, this is that log I spent all that time on doing an exact grid pattern on just to carve to deep on for the design right out of the gate. Leave the guide lines on it if you want...their there?? Hummm....I sure knew what I was doing with that log huh?

Ok, now I'm scared.

C
Cammo posted on Tue, Mar 18, 2008 7:58 AM

I'll take it!

What's the stuff chopped off it's bottom right? Can I just cut all that away or use it in the design???

I'm sharpening chisels ALL DAY TODAY.

And hey, where is that Cruddy Billy when there's a contest on? Usually he's the big mouth at the front yellin' bout how he's greased lightnin' with Tiki Tools and lookout...

but he seems to be awful quiet lately...

it doesn't matter, cause Kate gonna drop us both.

Here's dah RULEZ:

1. Start anytime after 12:00 am on Saturday the 22nd.
  2. Carve something.
  3. Stain and finish it.
  4. Post pics as ya go.

de end

B

We is splitting this log brother...you gets half, I gets half...unless you wants me to cuts you a half of a half a log?

I'll go by your rules...we stop at the end of the Chop

Schooled by the finest.....Capt. K and Master G

[ Edited by: Babalu 2008-03-18 08:08 ]

B

Why do we have to stand around till noon? You do mean that we need to stop all work at the end of the Chop don't you?

Cammo

Babalu

C

Not noon, bro, 12 am is MIDNIGHT. 12 pm is NOON.

We can start at 12:01, 1 minute after midnight. It goes until midnight the next day, 23 hours 59 minutes later exactly.

But I'll probably go 9-5.

Oh yeah, I already have the design. Eets goooood.

B

24 hrs of carving??

Ahhhh, I'm too old for that my friend...Babalu carves at the Chop...I might stain it at my house so I don't have to ride with the stain in my truck...then again?

Your design is a good one huh....well, in true rabbit fashion, I have no design ready, and most likely won't think about it until Saturday morning...I have another carving to finish right now.

I'm getting more scared by the minute Yammo.

H

Looks like I will be coming down there with CheekyGirl. I am looking forward to all the food, I am not sure about the carving thingy??!! :) :) :)

Yeah Hilda! You're actually taking the day off?!?

H

Yes, I canceled everyone, I am ready for a fun day. The weather is going to be perfect, and you guys are just perfect, what can I say except we will be bringing donuts. Yum :)

Im hiding my keys!!!

C

The scariest thing that happened all last year was when Billy stalked around at a Chop steaming all day and cursing that his keys had been stolen,

then Hilly went home, opened her purse and found them inside! To this day nobody knows how they got there. We were all twisted on Kava so who knows?

That was funny. Scary but funny.

It was a little Faery, man........Richard Simmons boosted my keys and hid them in Hiltys tools!

On 2008-03-18 20:00, hiltiki wrote:
we will be bringing donuts. Yum :)

Haha, the pesonal trainer brings donuts! :P

H

Hey, this was not my idea I suggested rice cakes and nonfat yogurt!!!yum . And just to clarify things his keys had the same key chain and the same amount of keys as mine, in fact looked almost like mine and was sitting next to my purse, and you know the rest. I hope Billy doesn't remember what I look like.

B

Hey Hil,

I'm happy to see you two gals are going to make the Chop! It's always more fun when you two are around!

Well, Cammo came over last night and I dropped a real nice 2.5 foot gun in his lap. Buzz, I think he might want to cut it in half...do you mind? I couldn't fire my chain saw up last night as it was too late in the evening.

Word up turtle, don't shoot yourself in the foot... :)

I'm bringing Chocolate Bunnies and Peeps to the Chop....

C
Cammo posted on Wed, Mar 19, 2008 5:13 PM

Just got the log split and it's WET man!

I think I'm not gonna be able to carve and stain on the same day, this log is seriously in need of drying. I'll just plunge in and get what can be done, done. But the other 1/2 should be ready some time later for a 1 day 1 Tiki Chop-a-Thon.

(What the heck is that turtle doing to the rabbit????)

Chocolate Bunnies and Peeps!? I'm bringing graham crackers and making murder-s'mores!!

not sure if ill be making this one anymore...

B

"the other 1/2 should be ready some time later for a 1 day 1 Tiki Chop-A-Thon"

Yo-Yo Cammo, I take it from the above statement that I will be able to take it a little easier at this Chop and enjoy the people and goings on around me?...trust bro, I am fine with that if that is what you mean?. True that log I gave you might be a little moist, but it's the best I have.

I will be happy to do a speed race with you at some other point if you choose.

I guess now is a good time to let you in on a little something, something this rabbit had up his sleeve....

Let me introduce you to my little friend....

My kids just brought this for me for my birthday....it's a Makita "variable speed" die grinder. It "dial" adjusts between 7000 rpms and 25,000 rpms, and boy howdy does it munch wood. That other "cheap" orange die grinder you have all seen from Harbor Freight only runs at one speed - at 23,000 rpms (way too fast)...when you slow the speed down, this thing becomes a carving monster, and also allows one to use those larger sanding wheels that the orange one spits back at you.

You see those 4 deep ass holes I put into that stump there...My daughter timed me putting those in there at 2 minutes, 27 seconds....a good part of that time was blowing out the saw dust from those holes :-)

Wait till you Choppers try this bad boy out on Saturday!

Billy, you can murder all the little chocolate bunnies you want to...and Thomas, I sure hope you can make it somehow!

C
Cammo posted on Wed, Mar 19, 2008 9:10 PM

Yeah, just take it easy and instead of a 'rain check' we'll make it a 'dry check'. When the log is dry, let's go!

That log is HEAVY man, and damp through and through. It feels like old maple or something, really fine grain, like coconut palm hardwood or something. I'll still be carving it but all bets are off.

And sure, that drill is good for making holes. My Tiki ain't gonna have holes.

B

As you wish :)

looks like ill be going afterall! me and my brother will be making the trek out this easter weekend

C

Thomas is cool. We all gotta see his crazy group sometime.

Maybe they could play at a chop?

On 2008-03-18 22:05, Cammo wrote:
The scariest thing that happened all last year was when Billy stalked around at a Chop steaming all day and cursing that his keys had been stolen, then Hilly went home, opened her purse and found them inside! To this day nobody knows how they got there. We were all twisted on Kava so who knows?

I think that's why Billy now keeps his keys locked to the belt loop of his Levi's with a chain, padlock, and climber clips that can only be removed by a scan of his retinas.

On 2008-03-20 14:54, 4WDtiki wrote:
Maybe they could play at a chop?

our guitarist is in hawaii this week. but were playing april 1st at the second wind bar in SD.

C
Cammo posted on Thu, Mar 20, 2008 7:30 PM

Is it the Second Wind bar at 2306 El Cajon Blvd or the Second Wind on Navajo Road???? (The Navajo one has a real badass biker-bar rep!)

I'll go if Billy Crudnik goes.

[ Edited by: Cammo 2008-03-20 20:12 ]

8515 Navajo Rd San Carlos, i thought it was in SD, but its still close

C
Cammo posted on Thu, Mar 20, 2008 9:00 PM

This Second Wind place sounds a bit scary, but I'm going. Tell us when you're playing - 7:00? 9:00?

Billy bro, you in?

On 2008-03-20 18:12, CheekyGirl wrote:

On 2008-03-18 22:05, Cammo wrote:
The scariest thing that happened all last year was when Billy stalked around at a Chop steaming all day and cursing that his keys had been stolen, then Hilly went home, opened her purse and found them inside! To this day nobody knows how they got there. We were all twisted on Kava so who knows?

I think that's why Billy now keeps his keys locked to the belt loop of his Levi's with a chain, padlock, and climber clips that can only be removed by a scan of his retinas.

That's some funny shit, there Nelva! If I wasn't still suffering with this hacking cough, I'd be laughing out loud. I just chuckled a bit and flew into a coughing fit.

Second Wind on Navajo? I'll check and see, man......sounds good, though. April 1st is a Tuesday. Lots of spring-break kids, man. I'll bring my truncheon.

On 2008-03-20 22:54, Billy the Crud wrote:
If I wasn't still suffering with this hacking cough, I'd be laughing out loud. I just chuckled a bit and flew into a coughing fit.

Hmm, are you going to wear a surgical mask at the chop, Typhoid Billy?

B

Side note: Everybody's clay pieces made it through last nights bisque firing just fine...

C
Cammo posted on Fri, Mar 21, 2008 8:35 AM

Hey Thomas is your band as good as these guys? - - -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2wUtTF27yY

The Jet Blacks, 14 and 16 years old! They're my new fave band.

On 2008-03-21 06:02, 4WDtiki wrote:

On 2008-03-20 22:54, Billy the Crud wrote:
If I wasn't still suffering with this hacking cough, I'd be laughing out loud. I just chuckled a bit and flew into a coughing fit.

Hmm, are you going to wear a surgical mask at the chop, Typhoid Billy?

I'm finally getting rid of that terrible flu/cold crap that's going around. People at the office were calling me "Tuberculis Nelly". I had a coughing fit at Costco, so badly I almost peed in my pants. People circled around and didn't want to stand near me.

On 2008-03-21 08:35, Cammo wrote:
Hey Thomas is your band as good as these guys? - - -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2wUtTF27yY

The Jet Blacks, 14 and 16 years old! They're my new fave band.

hah, cant go wrong with shadows covers. Risking sounding like a jerk, were better. We more high energy, and were totaly different tunes.

B

I can't wait to hear you guys Thomas!

The Easter Bunny is coming to the Chop tomorrow and bringing goodies...sneak peek:

hah thanks babalu, and that easterbunny is both awesome and kinda disturbing...

would anyone have 2 logs they could sell me at the chop to carve? me and my brother need logs for tomorrow

M
mieko posted on Fri, Mar 21, 2008 2:09 PM

I'll check on logs, I don't think I have any, but I can probably borrow a truck if Buzzy still has his stash in Vista and wants to give us directions.

Babs, are you bringing Buzzy's burner back? I finally got mine ordered, but I might want to use it tomorrow anyway.

Oh, is there anyone that still wants to see a silicone mold being made? I need to make one soon, and I'll either try to do it tonight, or I'll just do it tomorrow if anyone still wants to watch.

Mieko

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 302 replies