Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

March Chop - Saturday March 22nd in Oceanside!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 302 replies

T

Alright Billy, ease up, I only threw 1 serpentine belt, and still can't find out why the wipers won't work when it rains, so keep the juju on the high side that it dosen't rain!

C

On 2008-03-04 18:49, Tiki-Kate wrote:

On 2008-03-04 10:57, CheekyGirl wrote:
I've got a ton of lemons. I'll bring them to the chop.

I'll also bring the fixings for Trader Vic's Grog. I just picked up two bottles of TV's Passion Fruit Syrup. (The ones that still have actual fruit juice).

Yeah!!! It's going to be one of those Chops. I'll never forget the jell-o shot Chop.

I'm voting for the 15th at Bill's again or also.

What do you say, Bill?

Stop screwing up the chop kate! it's the 22nd Wooooooohoooooooooooooooo :wink:

T

On 2008-03-06 13:22, Clysdalle wrote:

On 2008-03-04 10:57, CheekyGirl wrote:
I've got a ton of lemons. I'll bring them to the chop.

I'll also bring the fixings for Trader Vic's Grog. I just picked up two bottles of TV's Passion Fruit Syrup. (The ones that still have actual fruit juice).

Yeah!!! It's going to be one of those Chops. I'll never forget the jell-o shot Chop.

What do you say, Bill?

Stop screwing up the chop kate! it's the 22nd Wooooooohoooooooooooooooo :wink:

Dude. Keep up with the thread.

On 2008-03-05 09:43, Tiki-Kate wrote:
I can make it on the 22nd, but I think Mieko may not be able to.

On 2008-03-05 12:32, Tiki-Kate wrote:

On 2008-03-05 12:18, 4WDtiki wrote:
I talked to Mieko, she can make it. :)

Fabulous. Looks like we have a winner.

I'm working on a new recipe. Maybe I'll try it out on you all.

And stop giving me shit, or I will come up with some brilliant new way to annoy the hell out of you all day long. :D

C

you are ded to me.

:P
wooooooooohooooooooooooooooooooo

My art and goodies...
http://www.davidlozeau.com

[ Edited by: Clysdalle 2008-03-06 13:36 ]

T

On 2008-03-06 13:36, Clysdalle wrote:
you are ded to me.

:P
wooooooooohooooooooooooooooooooo

Oh, well it's on now. It's gonna be the Smackdown Chop.

C

Lets get ready to rummmmmmbbbbblllllleeeeeeee!!!!

can I wear a lucha libra mask to carve in?

I squeezed an entire 1/2 gallon of lemon juice last night. Damn, I get about 4-5 fresh seedless lemons daily. I missed the Jello-Shot Chop, so I'm looking forward to "another one of those chops!"

Watch out Clydes...they say women who hang together, well...their "cycles" start "coincide" so you don't want to get us all ovulating and riled up, especially when we are holding heavy mallets and sharp pointy things.

C

hahahaha....A triple threat match!!! It's on....We'll battle for the PMS Chop Chop Intercontinental Championship Belt, or the PMSCCIC!

I'm sure Buzzy can carve us one!

This could be "best chop evar"!

M
mieko posted on Thu, Mar 6, 2008 2:16 PM

On 2008-03-06 13:47, Clysdalle wrote:
can I wear a lucha libra mask to carve in?

This I want to see.
As Bill said, the 22nd works for me now, so see ya all then!

C

oooooh brother....drink your milk and eat your vitamins cause cylsdalemania is going to run wild on youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu.

T

On 2008-03-06 14:22, Clysdalle wrote:
oooooh brother....drink your milk and eat your vitamins cause cylsdalemania is going to run wild on youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu.

Normally I would just let the fact that you spelled your own name wrong slide, but not this time, Buddy. Kate's opening her English Lit degree can of whoop ass.

C

clearly you don't understand the "adding mania to a word" rules...

T

On 2008-03-06 14:40, Clysdalle wrote:
clearly you don't understand the "adding mania to a word" rules...

On 2008-03-06 14:22, Clysdalle wrote:

Clearly, you don't understand that your name is Clysdalle, not Cylsdale. (Teehee.)

C

well.....due to a screw up at the time of registering it's Clysdalle...but every other online anything has the name as clysdale....so there smarty pants. I'm so going to kick your musubi eating ass!

Kates ass eats Musubi? All mine does is.......hold up my jeans.

T

On 2008-03-06 14:48, Clysdalle wrote:
well.....due to a screw up at the time of registering it's Clysdalle...but every other online anything has the name as clysdale....so there smarty pants. I'm so going to kick your musubi eating ass!

Where's Cammo? Cam, could you please explain to Dave that he inverted the y and the l and that's why I'm saying that his name is spelled wrong. If you could whip up some sort of simple diagram for him, that might help. Thanks.

Hey guys, this is Lennie and it's my first post. I dont know if Bill told you guys, but I want to start some kind of carving. I dont know if it will be a tiki or not, but, something along those lines. Cant wait to see you guys, this should be fun. I'm making a vat of guacamole and maybe teriyaki chicken.

Bill says Kate should wear her go-go boots, so she can kick Clysdalle's ass.

On 2008-03-06 13:20, T_birdman wrote:
Alright Billy, ease up, I only threw 1 serpentine belt, and still can't find out why the wipers won't work when it rains, so keep the juju on the high side that it dosen't rain!

alright t bird if you can get your butt up early you can hith a ride with pops and i, wev'e got plenty of room for you ,tools and all, just pm me if your interested.

On 2008-03-05 19:47, Babalu wrote:
Hard for me to believe given my schedule this month, but I'm in! I'll be there on the 22nd with my cheese graters in tow.

hey babs glad to see you can make it . pops and i are in as well, could you bring us a couple of of the man o war mugs we dying to get our hands on em, we been mising each other at the chops thanks.

On 2008-03-06 14:58, Tiki-Kate wrote:

On 2008-03-06 14:48, Clysdalle wrote:

Where's Cammo? Cam, could you please explain to Dave that he inverted the y and the l and that's why I'm saying that his name is spelled wrong. If you could whip up some sort of simple diagram for him, that might help. Thanks.

Cammo is busy building the Cage out of Bamboo, Palm, cow horns and other such elements for
the SMACK-DOWN CAGE MATCH AND SPELLING BEE AND BLOOD FEST 2008.

Get your dictionaries and body bags ready Choppers and start limbering up!

I just dusted off my Jump Rope and Boxing Gloves and picked up an Everlast Medicine Ball at
the ProBoxing Supply so, “SubZeroCheeky” is official back in training. Be afraid....very afraid...

Let me in there, man.......I'll bite someones freakin' ear off, man!!!!

B
Babalu posted on Fri, Mar 7, 2008 6:01 AM

Well, this all sounds interesting...I have always wondered if those little Flexcut Band-aids would come in handy...sounds like I may not have enough of them now. Trust, I'll be sitting ring side for this smack down.

I owe Dave a ride...Billy if you want to meet over a my house in the morning, I can give you a ride as well. Mieko, I can fit you in too if you wish...Babalu has a big truck.

I gave Buzzy some mugs to pass out at the last Chop...are some of those still around?

Mieko, can I use Buzzy's burner on Chop day, or do you have dibs?

These are the good ole days huh....

B
Bowana posted on Fri, Mar 7, 2008 7:16 AM

Cool, Babs! Meet at your place?

Stupid gas prices! I hate those guys!! :x

YEAH BABS!! If I rode with you and gave you $10., I'd still be saving $20.!!!

What time should we meet, like 9?

On 2008-03-07 07:16, Bowana wrote:
Cool, Babs! Meet at your place?

Stupid gas prices! I hate those guys!! :x

Tell me about it! Carpool from LA anyone, anyone?

B

Dave, Billy...9:00 am my place sounds cool.

We need to have another Trailer Trash Chop sometime soon...

That is fucking COOL!!!(can you tell I once lived in Bakersfield?)

C
Cammo posted on Fri, Mar 7, 2008 11:56 AM

Hey, this has nothing to do with anything, but I just discovered an amazing secret 24-hour diner in San Diego. Heads up on this place;

http://www.studiodiner.com

It's freakin' great. It's part of a film studio next door, so they don't advertise. It's pretty much word-of-mouth to know it's there. Film types and actors go through it every morning, early, and the whole studio retires there late at night.

Park at the huge lot to the right of it.

On 2008-03-07 11:56, Cammo wrote:
Hey, this has nothing to do with anything, but I just discovered an amazing secret 24-hour diner in San Diego. Heads up on this place;

http://www.studiodiner.com

It's freakin' great. It's part of a film studio next door, so they don't advertise. It's pretty much word-of-mouth to know it's there. Film types and actors go through it every morning, early, and the whole studio retires there late at night.

Park at the huge lot to the right of it.

Field trip!!!!

If only for the omelet that they have dubbed the Lox-ness Monster.

I see a heart attack in my future. That "Grip burger" sounds REALLY good.

And Kate, ANY omelet with Lox, red onion, tomato and capers is a gift from the gods!

RWT32 Las Vegas32, F&AM

Visit the San Diego Tiki Carvers & Artisans at http://myspace.com/sandiegotikicarvers

[ Edited by: Billy the Crud 2008-03-07 14:25 ]

C
Cammo posted on Fri, Mar 7, 2008 3:33 PM

The breakfasts are 'ta die for', maybe literally. They come with a single pancake made with this machine that Studio Diner invented, that pours the pancake into 8 seperate compartments with a soft central core. You can pull it apart like a batch of dinner rolls. It's called the Film Reel Pancake because it looks like one.

And the manager of the place is this badass guy with a goatee and bowling shirt. You folks would like him.

I'm in training man...Veggie Egg Beater omelet for me.

Speaking of field trips, one of these Chops, I'm going to visit the Bamboo Headquarters in Vista.

[ Edited by: CheekyGirl 2008-03-10 16:38 ]

On 2008-03-07 17:15, CheekyGirl wrote:
Speaking of field trips, one of these Chops, I'm going to visit the Bamboo Headquarters in Vista.

That's less than 10 miles from my house!

ROADTRIP!!!

M
mieko posted on Sat, Mar 8, 2008 6:08 PM

Studio Diner is great, it's VERY close to my house. I'm not too sure about that pancake Cam, the first time I got pankcakes there they did have a film reel imprint, but last time I went they were just plain. Still pretty good food though.

Thanks for the ride offer Babs, but I'm ok in my prius. If I still have Buzzy's burner I'll bring it, although I'll probably return it to him sooner, as I ordered my own a few days ago. :) I'll bring mine if I have it.

I airbrushed a one-eyed squid tiki with a huge Shrine fez on it yesterday. I looks ok, considering I've never touched an airbrush before. If anyone wants to give it a shot at the chop, just bring some acrylic paint and I'll have it there. I'll have SOME paint, but I'm out of white, yellow, gold, purple, and......I think that's it.

I'll post the Shrine-squid a little later.

C
Cammo posted on Sun, Mar 9, 2008 9:13 AM

We had Studio Diner's pull-apart pancake, like, 3 days ago. It was awesome.

The word is that you can't go to this place when it's really busy - go on off days and off hours. Just like a real diner, they cut corners on busy days.

My wife and I split a breakfast the other day and they basically brought us out 2 full sized meals.

There are two waitresses there who look exactly the same, with short, red-brown hair. One seems happy all the time, the other looks worried all the time. It's strange.

It's REALLY far from Wheeler's place, but like 5 minutes from Mieko's. I'd suggest the move is - do a breakfast there before a Mieko Chop sometime....

then CHOP!

Here's Tiki/Shrine/squid. I still need to shoot some super light pink in the tentacles, but here he is.

Reservations are suggested at the Bamboo HQ if you want "personalized" assistance. The diner would be a cool place to grab a bite before a Chop or even at the Oasis.

On 2008-03-07 17:15, CheekyGirl wrote:
I'm in training man...Veggie Egg Beater omelet for me.
Although the Kosher Donut sounds good. Hum...what makes it Kosher?
Does the Rabbi pee on it?

Stealing my dads terrible joke material.....oh the humanity. :wink:

Billy, did you use just plain old acrylic paint, like the kind at the craft shops? or is this a special type of airbursh arcylic paint?

On 2008-03-09 12:13, Billy the Crud wrote:
Here's Tiki/Shrine/squid. I still need to shoot some super light pink in the tentacles, but here he is.

Reminds me a little of Kodos and/or Kang. Very nice fez.

C
Cammo posted on Mon, Mar 10, 2008 5:26 PM

Hey, did I miss something or what? How did Billy make the Squidio-Fez, is it carved? What kind of wood is it? Or is it some kind of skulpy stuff???

Hey, this would look great as a lamp, if the Fez lit up. Somebody should try it - you could just airbrush a Fez onto a lampshade....

Scruffy Cruddy Dude, make some mini-squidio-lamps and they'd sell. I want one right now.

RIGHT F'N NOW!

On 2008-03-10 16:48, CheekyGirl wrote:
Billy, did you use just plain old acrylic paint, like the kind at the craft shops? or is this a special type of airbursh arcylic paint?

This is just plain ol' bottled acrylic craft paint, watererd down a little so it will spray better, and two coats of spar urethane.

This is a hand carved, palm tiki, Cam. He is actually the top chunk that I cut off of the Babalu-tiki. I was going to throw it away.

Here's some larger pics so you can see all of my rookie airbrush mistakes

RWT32 Las Vegas32, F&AM

Visit the San Diego Tiki Carvers & Artisans at http://myspace.com/sandiegotikicarvers

[ Edited by: Billy the Crud 2008-03-11 10:08 ]

[ Edited by: Billy the Crud 2008-03-11 10:10 ]

T

What do you say, Bill?

I must make this one. I was not the jell-0 shot guy, that is kahuna ray. Three of us may pool down. I will make sure ray brings some jello shots. Ipu Tina will bring some gourds to burn design on and I will bring Stone Pale ale and some other munchies like mac salad or?.

[ Edited by: tikihai 2008-03-11 10:42 ]

Just got back from Maui. Here are some giant Tiki's on a private residence around the seven pools in Hana. I got a tiki tattoo that I will take a picture once it heals. I think Billy would approve of this one. Hope to chop with you all soon.

Are you going to make the next chop, Alex? I dig that pic, man. Did you bring any of those good sized logs back for us?

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 302 replies