Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

the only Las Vegas TIKI BAR ....Frankie’s Tiki Room 24/7 baby!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 430 replies

On 2008-11-11 23:50, Lake Surfer wrote:

Lookie there... its a Lake Tiki!

..not sure you want to draw attention to it... it is, after all, in the crapper...

you deserve better, lake!!

LOL

[ Edited by: Tipsy McStagger 2008-11-18 11:39 ]

Lake's masks are actually the Mens and Womans ( with red lips now)

bathroom entrance signs.

Lot;s O stuff happening.

Tikis in place,

lights being lit,

3;00 deadline tomorrow!!

( for national press photo shoots)

Egads that was fast.

2.5 weeks of pure plesure!

...and lot's o garlic too!!

Well folks...

Frankie's is looking fan-frickin'-tastic! Anyone in Vegas can go by and take a peek thru the window, but for those of you who don't live here and can't, I did it for you!

Disclaimer: Ben's work, as well as all the other contibuting artist's work, are much MUCH more fantastic than these quicky "spy" photos can show. Don't forget that these are just tantalising little samples of the un-finished Shangri La that awaits you behind Frankie's door!

This place is the BEST thing to happen to Vegas for, like, EVER. It is worthy of all the hype and praise, and as corny as it sounds, I just wanna shout it from the highest mountain-tops & let the world know that WE FINALLY GOT A TIKI BAR FOR LOCALS!!!

I'm so thrilled about this place that it makes losing my house not so bad anymore. One Tiki Room falls, another rises to take it's place in much grander style.

Ahhh, the circle of life...

[ Edited by: Tiki Lee's 2008-11-20 12:23 ]

JT

Looking Sweet!! Can't wait.

T

Just got this cd.
Can't wait to see the place!

On 2008-11-18 22:51, RevBambooBen wrote:
Lake's masks are actually the Mens and Womans ( with red lips now)

bathroom entrance signs.

Lot;s O stuff happening.

Tikis in place,

lights being lit,

3;00 deadline tomorrow!!

( for national press photo shoots)

Egads that was fast.

2.5 weeks of pure plesure!

...and lot's o garlic too!!

Wow! That was fast, but it's still not open yet and I am thirsty!!!!

oh shnappp! All I have to say DAMMNNNNNNN IT LOOKS BAD ASSSSSS!! OK...trip to Vegas, check.

[ Edited by: Deckhand_Davy 2008-11-19 12:54 ]

littttle diamond window in front door is now blocked out.

no outside lite cept for the door opening and closing at sunrise!!

( tiki lee made it just in time!! where was Crazy Al??))

got to love Frankie's Tiki Room....24/7......365!!!!

Everyone IS in HEAVEN!!!!!!!

On 2008-11-18 07:16, Luckydesigns wrote:
Ben, I contacted the Double Down to see if I could book the Hula Girls at Frankie's. They said that there won't be any live music there... In fact, they said that the place is on the smaller side and wouldn't fit a band. It doesn't look small from the pictures... What do you think?

Thats a real bitch a roonie.
:x

Jeff(bigtikidude)

CA

well, although many may have a hint at what Tiki #151 may look like.... Here is a sneak peek at CrazyAL Tiki #151... Guess It's name and submit a drawing if you like... the person who gets the closest will win a Tiki#12 decanter! $70 value!!
http://tikimania.com/docs/ALmug11_12.html
and a FIGHT TO LV!!!
... just kidding about the flight.. sorry

Those in the Las Vegas area are excluded, as well as MR.ben and Tiki Diablo, and who ever has talked to these guys??

contest here: bottom of pg.
http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?mode=viewtopic&topic=27618&forum=1&start=90

H

On 2008-11-19 21:05, RevBambooBen wrote:
l
got to love Frankie's Tiki Room....24/7......365!!!!

FRANKIE'S TIKI ROOM--WE MAY DOZE BUT WE NEVER CLOSE!
That's a slogan used by a little store here on the beach that stays open 24/7--would work for Frankie's too.

A
aku76 posted on Sat, Nov 22, 2008 2:52 PM

Ben, is the opening still on for Dec. 4? If it is, what time should we expect to line up at the door! Can't wait.

I live 3 hours out of Vegas so I thought I might just grab a room & hit up Frankie's in person. When is the general public allowed to attend, does anyone know? The 4th just open to v.i.p.'s right? Is there a roll call or way of knowing who else might be heading out to the General Opening?

[ Edited by: Hiphipahula 2008-11-23 07:46 ]

On 2008-11-22 17:08, Hiphipahula wrote:
I live 3 hours out of Vegas so I thought I might just grab a room & hit up Frankie's on the 4th. Is there a roll call or way of knowing who else might be heading out to the Opening?

See the event thread-I think that is the ,most appropriate place for most of the opening info. That way this thread can continue without alot of "opening party" chatter once the place has opened.
http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=30289&forum=4

S

Just get to the muther fu*&$ pictures goddamit! I can only be teased so long before I'm over it! #%^*(&%#@@! With a cherry on top!

Ya WTF!

On 2008-11-23 06:34, Swanky wrote:
Just get to the muther fu*&$ pictures goddamit! I can only be teased so long before I'm over it! #%^*(&%#@@! With a cherry on top!

I'm rapped up and leaving today and will try to take at least one picture and post later.

It didn't come out that good.

You're all gonna complain, anyway.

My worst work yet.

Must have been the disco karma!

ARRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!

one of Frankie;s drinks...

"Three Rum Scum

A brisk inbreeding of 3 rums , coconut and orange juice.
Be prepared to apologize to everyone.
Too bad you won't remember what for."

More later. Tired. Everything is sore.

Everything is sore, Ben??

boy you really did take advantage of being in Vegas, didn't you?
:wink:

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Here's a picture.

It's the "Blow Job Chair."

Unfo'tunatly...it didn't make the cut.

( like a few other things...)

Although... it does work and those blow jobs were awesome!

49 degrees in the a.m..

nice Hot air felt great!!

Maybe we shoul'da named it the Hand Job! warmer....

p.s. the 4th.....

is open to the public!

From hear on out....

...Frankie's will be 24/7, 365 !

Not sure what time on the 4th.

Keep an eye out on the marquis...

It'll let you know if I don't!

On 2008-11-23 09:49, bigtikidude wrote:
Everything is sore, Ben??

boy you really did take advantage of being in Vegas, didn't you?
:wink:

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Hardy har har.....

Love, Peaches

Don't you have a pool to clean? Or is it slow season?

Frankie's frickin ROCKS! It's awesome and you local peeps will dig it.

Aloha,

Mrs Boo

But why is that Tiki hanging of the ceiling? :D (answer: so you can see it when you're lying on the floor!)

Congrats Ben. Must have been fun to get to do it the way it should be. Can't wait to see pictures of the finished place, in lieu of being there myself. I hope they will hire a pro photographer to shoot PR photos, like for Kukui in Oxford. Those flash shots of Tiki interiors usually distort the places' real atmosphere so much they hurt my eyes.

On 2008-11-24 00:02, bigbrotiki wrote:
But why is that Tiki hanging of the ceiling? :D (answer: so you can see it when you're lying on the floor!)

Congrats Ben. Must have been fun to get to do it the way it should be. Can't wait to see pictures of the finished place, in lieu of being there myself. I hope they will hire a pro photographer to shoot PR photos, like for Kukui in Oxford. Those flash shots of Tiki interiors usually distort the places' real atmosphere so much they hurt my eyes.

AND... fifty years from now someone will be researching the opening of this place. It would be very cool for them to produce promotional postcards as so many of the tiki palaces did so long ago. Very retro.

Just from that one picture you can see how great this place is going to be! Ben, you did a beautiful job! I'm sorry I will miss the big opening. I will be couting down the days until I go in April!

This just in from the GM ...

" The first real marquee note is up ----The first tiki freak to post a real picture gets a free "Bender Ender" when we open ---thats a drink, not a hooker."

Hoping that Frank's goes off well!

[ Edited by: Unga Bunga 2008-11-26 10:47 ]

RBBB T C B in vegas!

You mean a picture of the bar?
do these count?

An early one of ben hard at work

The Unknown Tiki

" The first real marquee note is up

( this would be the big sign out front

with the flashing and trailing green carnival lights and white background and slots for

plastic letters to fit into to say something.

The letters are black now, not red. :wink:

----The first tiki freak to post a real picture gets a free "Bender Ender" when we open ---thats a drink, not a hooker."

Whoa!! I bet at night the McDonalds sign looks like a Tiki torch. :wink:

OH--Marquee as in;

To Bamboo Ben and ALL the artists who contributed to Frankie's: Thank you for helping make Vegas an even more entertaining place and creating a cool bar for the locals. (And for those of us who are frequent visitors, too!) I hope you had a good time with this remodel and made some well-deserved money for all your efforts. I look forward to seeing you all next week and I will raise my Tiki mug to your hard work. Aloha! -- Kari Hendler (from Tiki Magazine).

K
kirby posted on Fri, Nov 28, 2008 2:32 PM

fuckin awsome!!! A true artist tiki bar..I cant wait to go to vegas...

looks amazing cant wait for more detailed pics.....and hope to see it someday live

A SPECIAL THANKS to

BenZarT

and

Lake Tiki

for their " Pre- Frankies Donations!"

As for now they're not on the website because it was
a little surprise of mine to the bar, but you can't miss their pieces in the room.

As for the flood of other people wanting to donate
now....

(that this is going to be the hottest bar in Vegas)

....Contact them/ Frankies via the website. Not me.

I'm back at Frankies today for a few more daze of fixins.

Have another truck load of Stuff to add.

Like I said in the beginning...Trust me.

It's gonna be GooooooD!

On 2008-11-29 06:43, RevBambooBen wrote:

As for the flood of other people wanting to donate
now....

(that this is going to be the hottest bar in Vegas)

....Contact them/ Frankies via the website.

Can I just show up with a bunch of my stuff and leave it there?

I'll still get on their website, right?

Buzzy Out!

Nice website, looks like it's gonna be a killer place.

Hey Frankie, you're advocating smoking?
Come on, get with the times!
(ya, I know it's Vegas)

Will Frankie's Tiki Room have a Myspace coming up? It would be a great way to get everyone involved as well! :)

Yeah IM not happy about the smoking either, but that does not stop me from going to the Tiki Ti or the Doll Hut in Anaheim.

sometimes you gotta suffer for ambiance.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

P

las vegas bars don't make money selling drinks. they give those away. they make the money in the machines at the bar. you don't want people leaving their machine to have to go outside to smoke. when vegas passed the "no smoking in bars that serve food" some bars stopped serving food to keep their regulars. most just walled up the restaurant side and made it out through a loophole. if you ever get a chance, ask a vegas bar owner or manager how much they make off the machines in a week, give or take $10,000.

it's very hard to get a gaming license for a new bar in las vegas.

T

I'll be there at 12:01 a.m. December 4th.......or when it opens.....

A

Stopped by last week when I was in town. Nobody was around except for this guy camped out in the front, who kept saying something about being thirstier-est-er-er-est. I captured a quick shot with my phonecam.

Next time my plan is to come after opening day, so I can see the inside too! The pics are looking good.

-Randy

P

i had to drive to the hospital today to take care of my ailing liver. that guy was still in the middle of the street.

he's just always freaking there. they should just put cones around him.

M

whatever!

[ Edited by: mrsmiley 2008-11-30 02:00 ]

I was in Vegas for Thanksgiving and swung by, the door was open and there was a guy there working (not Ben) that let me and my brother in to check it out. This place surpassed my expectations. Super Rad!!

Frankie's Tiki Room

Will Be Open...

12/4/08 @ 10:43 a.m.

to Everyone

for the next 25 years!!

Come on down and git yer drink on!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 430 replies