Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

the only Las Vegas TIKI BAR ....Frankie’s Tiki Room 24/7 baby!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 430 replies

I got to visit Frankie's last Saturday!It was everything I thought it would be!The pics I took are the same that already have been posted..I was hoping for a on site store for mugs and a t-shirt...I'll order them online,Unless they will be selling these items soon??Any info would be awesome...

Wow, great pix. Matt & I had to check out Frankies place since we had an 8 hour layover in Vegas on Dec 12, so we took a cab and had a few drinks. Great place!

Open 24/7!!

Love the tv's playing vintage clips

Fantastic Juke Box filled with Tiki Tunes, Awesome!

Time to order drinks :) I believe we ordered a sea hag, zombie and later the bearded clam, highly recommended by other patrons we spoke with

Here we are with all our swag! Couldn't go overboard since we had to carry these on the plane (or we would have bought more)

I'm always making new friends

Matt likes to say "Mookie is hammered" I have to say I was feeling no pain and ready to board the plane and try to sleep (red eye has new meaning)!!

Frankies is a fabulous place and I'm sure it will be a hot spot for all tiki lovers. I love how every detail was thought of down to the music and vintage tv images, and the artwork, plus the drinks are top notch!

Hey!
Here's a riddle....
Why are these two jolly punks doggin my painting?
Answer: 'Cause it's not made of Donuts!
:lol:

Less Mai-Tais
More StairMaster!

G
GROG posted on Fri, Jan 2, 2009 1:15 PM

They're digging the penis on Crazy Al's tiki.

Here are a few PRE-TIKI Frankies pics.

These were takin the day after the Sex Pistols show at the Hard Rock last June.

K
kirby posted on Fri, Jan 2, 2009 10:50 PM

hey llT and grog you dont have to photoshop a pic of me to make me look fat ,we all know I am, and according to my doctor, its a glandular problem, not donuts..shame..not funny to make fun of the handicapped..

hey LLT and grog you dont have to photoshop a pic of me to make me look fat ,we all know I am, and according to my doctor, its a glandular problem, not donuts..shame..not funny to make fun of the handicapped..

We can make fun
cause we have the same problem!
it's called
Mild Mid-life Sedentary Disorder....
it affects painters more than carvers
especially folks who do both!

but it IS contagious!
You must have gotten it from Perry!

Hey Ben,were you able to grab that BUD sign
in between VOGUEing?

B

On 2008-12-26 10:40, Ojaitimo wrote:

Moss, Ben and all of the artists! Thank you for a very cool place

OjaiTee!

thanks for all the great photos. i am so geeked to get out there and see Frankies in all its GLORY!

And Mookie, extremely good taste in choosing ur embibing location!!

Alohas, t

Not so much 'lowbrow' as 'unibrow' art
http://www.bigtoeart.com
http://www.myspace.com/tom_laura

[ Edited by: BigToe 2009-01-03 11:15 ]

P
pdrake posted on Sat, Jan 3, 2009 6:09 PM

hey, everyone puts on a few pounds over the holidays.

JT

I'll be for my Birthday 1/16 !!!!

P
phinz posted on Tue, Jan 6, 2009 8:41 AM

I may have to find a way to head west in the near future. This place looks like far too much fun!

S

probably won't make it to Vegas before Viva, but I already
have it on my schedule for Monday April 13. Any Viva attendees going to still be there on Monday and wanna plan to meet up?

Sweet Pea, I'm not sure when we are going to Frankie's but it will be good to see you at VLV12 again. I guess 24/7 means we can go anytime....woohoo.

Got this in the mail a couple of weeks ago.

I was Floored!!!

and took me this long to say somthing.

STOKED!!!

FRANKIES ROCKS!!!

I

"...
Frankie's Tiki Room
Las Vegas Bars & Clubs » Off-Strip West » Indie Bar
1712 W. Charleston Blvd. (Shadow Ln.)
702-385-3110
frankiestikicentral.com

Las Vegas has long needed an authentic tiki bar
and Frankie's Tiki Room more than fills all the requirements.

Once a humble dive, the small bar retains interesting vintage
architectural details, but has been fully refitted with palm matting,
blowfish lamps, and a seven-foot handcarved tiki god
that occasionally exhales dry ice.

Owned by Double Down proprietor Moss,
Frankie's draws a similar cool local crowd,
tiki culture aficionados from around the world,
and the occasional patient from the nearby hospital.
..."
(blackbookmag.com)

Sweetpea..I'll be there for VLV and for Monday night!
It would be cool if we could get a TC gathering going...I'm IN!

The Psycho Tiki D Evil Trio ventured out to Frankie's Tiki Room for their dear old dad last night to capture and take hostage the eight offerings of tiki mugs from the depths of the bar. The Evil Trio had been attending a family reunion with my ex-outlaw's family in St. George Utah.

They made a very short and quick photo-less stop at Trader Vic's to pick me up the Las Vegas TV Hula Girl lidded mug. The Evil Trio was not at all impressed with TV and hastily made their departure.

The Evil Trio attempted to use cell phone GPS technology to find Frankie's, but alas, became lost. After traveling some distance in the wrong direction on W. Charleston, they circled back around and found their target.

Being this was the first time that any one of the Evil Trio had ever been in a "Tiki" bar, outside of my house, The Evil Trio were extremely impressed with Frankie's.

Had it not been for an 11 hour ride home and six kids in the car (two of the Evil Trio's husbands took turns watching the Evil Grand kids and going in and out of Frankie's) the Evil Trio would have stayed and had some drinks and chilled for the night. The Evil Trio loved Frankie's!

But alas, The Evil Trio only had one mission...to pick up all eight of Frankie's Tiki Room mugs for me...

I was hoping Frankie's would have thrown in some matchbooks and swizzle sticks, since The Evil Trio told the staff they were on a mission for their Psycho dad. Luckily, Evil Trio Oldest Sister swiped one swizzle for dad (she was afraid to take more than one). I need to talk to her about the subtle "borrowing" of such items as menus, swizzles and matchbooks, but The Evil Trio were tired, hungry and had a very long drive ahead of them.

Thanks kiddos! You did you old man proud. I love you all so very much!

Psycho Tiki D (I know I am and so are The Evil Trio)!

Jealous, as usual, D!

K

I'm headed to Vegas at the end of the month. I'll be stopping by.

S

oh hey, for all the kids going to vegas for viva, if you are getting there early, you should come on by the Hooch and Smooch at The Orleans. It's not tiki, and it's in an Irish bar, but I have the party every year and it's usually pretty dang fun and ya meet some new folks for the weekend.
add the Hooch and Smooch Myspace page if yer over there.
http://www.myspace.com/hoochnsmooch

Also, Let's try to figure out what a good time to meet up
on Monday April 13 would be...

On 2009-02-19 09:48, sweetpea wrote:
you should come on by the Hooch and Smooch at The Orleans.

Hooch and what?

hmm, I still haven't gotten a postcard yet. :wink:

S

there was a glitch, so they should be almost done being printed.
I HOPE!
yikes.
hehehehe

Made the pilgrimage from North Cal to Frankie's this past Sunday night. I know, not the wildest night to go but it was the only night the wife and I could get there to celebrate our Bdays (they are a day apart). The upside was we had the place to ourselves and could soak it all in. Man did they nail it......10 out of 10. The work of all the artists (Bamboo Ben et al) is apparent everywhere you look. It's a Tiki-phile museum! The awesome juke box topped it all off. Everything from the drinks, the mugs, the swizzlers.......all top notch...and this comes from someone who frequents the Emeryville Trader Vics and Forbidden Island. Tonya was our bartender and she was the coolest! No trip to Sin City is complete without a stop at Frankies.

The now familiar sign

The Promised Land

My better half deciding on what to order next

Something about this place keeps reminding me of topless dancers........

The one on the left is coming home to a place of honor among my collection.

Thanks for a great time!

T

I was out there for the grand opening and would have to agree with you on the bartender,Tonya.She's the greatest!One really cool chick.Hopefully I'll get out there again in April.Happy birthdays to you and your wife..

Newest addition to Frankies Tiki Room......

Please meet "Melon Girl"

to be up on a wall real soon.

Oko rocks!

( more info soon)

UB

On 2009-03-01 13:36, RevBambooBen wrote:
Please meet "Melon Girl"

Shouldn't that be plural?
Nice painting.

K
KuKu posted on Sun, Mar 1, 2009 4:04 PM

Ah the fruits of labor and a loin cloth too.
Tasty lookin' art...

O

Great frame. Really compliments the painting and the old school look. :wink:

PERFECT!

On 2009-03-02 08:10, Okolehao wrote:
Great frame. Really compliments the painting and the old school look. :wink:

http://www.auctiva.com/stores/viewstore2.aspx?id=630468&styleid=72

Contact OKO for all your Black Velvet needs....

They're as good as Leeteg !!

Trust me.

Here's a closer up....

....and that is only lit with shop lighting...

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor
I build stuff for you!
Google search me and see!

[ Edited by: RevBambooBen 2009-03-02 08:49 ]

D
Danno posted on Mon, Mar 2, 2009 11:33 AM

Most excellent place for the Melon Girl to reside. Yessssss....

O

BB is a goood man. He knows I appreciate the support.

If anyone is interested in contacting me it's more dependable to send a Personal Message here. I check them all the time and the other link just shows paintings up on eBay - and I don't have any up right now.

But . . .
These will be available next week for T.C.ers only. Ohana, you know.

K
Kolohe posted on Mon, Mar 2, 2009 8:03 PM

I was there on Saturday, February 28th around 11:00 p.m. and the place was packed wall to wall. Good job! I hope it's like that all the time. Best wishes.

Moss just picked up 4 benches

for approx. 10 more butts to sit down.

We're gonna make another sitting area

towards the b rooms real soon.

Nice complaint to have....

....not enough seating, standing room only.

MAhalos to everyone enjoying Frankies!!!!

p.s. they also just installed a "Smoke Eater" for you non smokerz....

...a Great Tiki Bar always keeps adding.

[ Edited by: RevBambooBen 2009-03-02 20:49 ]

O

Nice to have a real Tiki bar in Vegas again.
Thanks guys!

Frankie's has a nice write up in the Las Vegas insert in the LA times this week.

DC

I wonder if Frankies will be doing any type of a special

on their "Green Gasser" drink this Tuesday 3/17 ??

I have to say Bamboo Ben you are the man in the know. Your talent, info & support of all never ceases to amaze and make me aware of all that can surround me. Songs art is beautiful. Thanks a bunch.

K
KuKu posted on Sat, Mar 28, 2009 8:48 AM

WOW! That NEW Bearded Clam mug looks like they might be servin' up something mixed with Clamato...

500 brown Clams gone.

Not bad for a brand new tiki bar. 4 months?

Heard the other mugs are goning fast also.

Sold out faster than the Bamboo Ben mug. LOL!!!!

L

As soon as Viva hits every mug they have on hand will be out of there.

Does anyone know if they will discontinue all of them and do new releases or will they keep all the same designs they have now with the replacement white over brown bearded clam being the only change?

And Ben its very odd to drink out of your head although I do it with great enjoyment! :wink:

WASSUP
The Mrs and I will be making a return visit May 21st!!!
We had a great time there this past Xmas, talked to John O and all.
Moss has always had a special place our hearts... 4 years ago, he remarried us in between bands over at the Double Down for our 10th Anniversary.
Let us Know who else will be around!

[ Edited by: edgarallencoe 2009-04-06 10:11 ]

http://ilovelasvegasmagazine.blogspot.com/2009/04/aloha-frankies-tiki-roomgamblers-bonus.html

p.s. facebook made them take down the TiTs on Fire pic. for the White Clam party.

Arrrrr!!!

T

Cindy and I were right in front when they took that pic . It should have made front page . Friends at VLV already that Frankies is awesome and pumping with tiki fun .

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 430 replies