Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

the only Las Vegas TIKI BAR ....Frankie’s Tiki Room 24/7 baby!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 430 replies

On 2008-11-08 21:13, Jungle Trader wrote:

MrSmiley always has an extra bed or two.

That's coming out of your allowance mister!

Is Runshaker going to serve the drinks she invented for Oasis?

[ Edited by: bananabobs 2008-11-10 17:02 ]

Pictures Ben pictures!!??

On 2008-11-08 21:13, Jungle Trader wrote:

On 2008-11-07 20:11, tikiyaki wrote:

So Vegas folks...what's a good place to stay nearby that's reasonably priced ?
[ Edited by: tikiyaki 2008-11-07 20:24 ]

MrSmiley always has an extra bed or two.

are spare rooms are all booked up but tents can be pitched in the backyard!

T

On 2008-11-09 01:26, bananabobs wrote:

On 2008-11-08 15:34, TikiPug wrote:

[b]What the heck!!!
Hey Ben, you tell us to stay away and then the "less than good looking" Pug gets a TOUR!!!!

Excuse me?

I'm not saying Pugs are ugly! Just less than good looking...

However, you weren't talking about pugs (the dog) in the original post, you were talking about me directly. Do you write all your posts when your drunk?

Vegas BABY!

[ Edited by: TikiPug 2008-11-09 19:29 ]

[ Edited by: bananabobs 2008-11-10 17:04 ]

M

We saw bamoo bn an crzy al aat a bar an tlkd tu thm an had lyz a drnnks an stuuff. Wee hd a fn tyme.

T

Banana Boob,
If you base all your info on Wikipedia, than you are dumber than I thought. I suppose you believe everything you read in the National Enquirer too.

[ Edited by: bananabobs 2008-11-10 17:05 ]

H

On 2008-11-09 22:01, bananabobs wrote:
... I have never met or seen you, ...

bananabobs, are you sure you haven't met or seen TikiPug?
Here's a photo of TikiPug at Bongo Fury's ITD party in 2006 (TikiPug on left). Weren't you there too?

Edited for content, I need to remember that people have different levels of humor and what I felt was good nature kidding ended up being offensive, so I'll man up and take it away.
Who need strife in these weird times?
Those who PM'd support, thank you, but I'd rather keep this fellow as a Bro.

[ Edited by: bananabobs 2008-11-10 17:18 ]

Both of you STOP Bitching !!!

OR, you'll be 86'ed before it even opens!

( Banana, met Jeff yesterday. He's working on the back bar and laying some tile, etc.

Cool guy. Your best man too?? 20 years ago?

Pug. chill the fuck out! And stop putting your foot in your mouth!

Now.........

Back to FRANKIE'S!!!!!

Inky, no pics. That's your and Smiley's job.

p.s. hi Mrs. Boo!

T

Sorry Ben ... And now back to Frankie's Tiki Bar

[ Edited by: TikiPug 2008-11-10 07:41 ]

G
GROG posted on Mon, Nov 10, 2008 9:30 AM

So, when does Sven start bitching about the bar?

Hey Ben!

i just got this finished and sealed and ready for
Frankie's Tiki Room!
Whaddya want me to do with it?

On 2008-11-10 06:03, RevBambooBen wrote:

( Banana, met Jeff yesterday. He's working on the back bar and laying some tile, etc.

Cool guy. Your best man too?? 20 years ago?

He is so dead! He didn't take me along to play! Yea he is the best. 32 years!

M

I drove by and found out that the cover has been blown! Frankies is not going to be a tiki bar, but a Singles Disco nightclub!

CA

boy... just flew back and boy, are my arms tired.... .in and out as they say... sat and watched Ben for a while, and remembered, that I'm glad i don't have to inhale his smoke 12+ hrs a day during another blazing two week turn around install... boy are my lungs tired from just the hour or two.

my internet is in the crapper for a while, no pics from me till i get it up.... hmmm? no pics of me getting it up.... i promise.

good to see the Smileys!

PS: the disco floor is just like the Saturday Night Fever movie!! bitchen! can't wait to hit it!!

[ Edited by: crazy al 2008-11-10 21:09 ]

Oh man I can't wait to hear the Bee Gees.
:music: Whether you're a brother or whether you're a mother
You're stayin' alive, stayin' alive
Feel the city breakin' and everbody shakin'
and we're stayin' alive, stayin' alive
AH HA HA HA Stayin' aliiiiiiiiiive :music:

Crazy Allan,

Was nice hangin with you too! BACON BOY!

( if you shave off all of your body hair, head to toe, I'll quit smoking ! )

Al's tiki is a " PUNCH IN THE FACE AS SOON AS YOU OPEN THE DOOR!!!!"

Insane !!!!!

Grog,

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jungle,

That's just wrong!!!

Kenny,

Bingo!

The front of the place got a dump truck load of lava rock tonight via Rumshaker and Jeff ( aka Tuna Tiki).

They had to go "far away" cause Vegas has no lava rock. D'oh! Wut Up Vegas???

I'm sure they'll post picks and chime in soon........... :wink:

A week into the build and it's jammin!

See you all Dec. 4th!

So... maybe someone has already posted this, but I'm too lazy to look back over 12 pages of messages...
Is there going to be a Grand Opening party? If so, DETAILS PLEASE! I think some of us Tiki Magazine folks would like to cover this illustrious affair!

Stopped by to see Ben last Thursday. Didn't stick my head inside, I want to see the finished product. It was nice to finally meet ya, Ben! I'll be back to visit Frankie's next year, but I don't think I can wait that long to add some of those mugs to my collection. Keep us updated on the construction & mug availability, please.
Mahalo,
Rick

M

It is Disco Ben these days.
I see that the new sign is up.

And here is an inside shot for those who can wait to see this Discotheque!

M

On 2008-11-10 23:03, Tangaroa-Ru wrote:
So... maybe someone has already posted this, but I'm too lazy to look back over 12 pages of messages...
Is there going to be a Grand Opening party? If so, DETAILS PLEASE! I think some of us Tiki Magazine folks would like to cover this illustrious affair!

The planned opening is Thursday, Dec. 4. I know some TC folks are working on their travel arrangements already.

Any other TIKI BARS in the world

open 24 hours a day??

Frankie's could be making history here....

Sven?

Anyone?

Inky??

......and you can GaMbLe too!

BB

p.s. hi mrs boo! xoxoxo. :wink:

Lookie there... its a Lake Tiki!

Tuna Tiki showed me some pictures...

We will not be able to call Crazy Al, "crazy" any more; his latest work is
INSANE
Tuna TiKi didn't want any pictures to get "leaked" so he tore them up after showing me. But I was able to get a portion of Al's Tiki. I put my foot over a scrap and slid it under a table, then spilled my drink on purpose, making a big deal that "I" would clean it up, then slid the scrap into my pocket, got it home, scanned it and here it is! (Hey all fair in Love of TiKi Bars, eh?)

Isn't that INSANE?

From what I saw, this is beyond anyone's imagination. A TiKi Bar beyond all TiKi Bars. Hey Sven may even like it!

TT

Ok Banana man, no pics for you one week.

Hey guys, this place is incredible. It was truly a honor to be able to add a small part to it. Rumshaker, Chris and Moss have put together a team of world class craftsmen to build a tiki room the likes of which have never been seen before. Beside being like the coolest guy in the world, Bamboo Ben has really out done himself on this place. I know Chris has busted his ass to make the place come together and done a great job. Our beloved Rumshaker, you remember her from Tiki Oasis wink wink, has been hard at work coming up new original drinks for all to enjoy. She told me she pick out all the shirts the staff will be wearing yesterday. Vintage hawaiian, each one diffrent. She has been running around taking care of alot of the little details that need attending to while hold down a full time job. I don't know how she does it all. And of course none of this would be possible without Moss the great one. See ya all on the 4th.

A

On 2008-11-08 21:46, mrsmiley wrote:
I know Aquarj and Conga Mike have stayed at the Stratosphere-maybe they can give a review.

But not together!

Stayed at the Stratosphere on a business trip. My company goes first class all the way, so the $40 rooms were ideal for our elite travel needs. The rooms are forgettable - at least for me they were, because I have forgotten any details about mine. Just a regular hotel, but that might be a good thing in contrast to hotel rooms that are memorable in the not so good way. My co-worker said the Internet was finicky for her. And I'm quite certain there was no mint on the pillow (at least it didn't look like a mint to me).

Looking forward to seeing Frankie's sometime on a future Vegas stop for work or play. Sounds like the most! The Double Down has a good pedigree tastewise, so it's neat to hear it's the same owner.

-Randy

Here is a picture of the dance floor that Disco Ben installed!

TIKIROOM BUILDER BY DAY.....

DISCO KING BY NIGHT!

GO BEN GO!

:)

hitting Vegas in January can't wait to check it out !!

CA

I hear there is a limited budget for flying in V.I.P'S... so it'd be Me, Tiki Travolta, and who else????

On 2008-11-11 22:18, RevBambooBen wrote:
Any other TIKI BARS in the world

open 24 hours a day??

Frankie's could be making history here....

Sven?

Anyone?

Inky??

......and you can GaMbLe too!

BB

p.s. hi mrs boo! xoxoxo. :wink:

one thing this town ain't got and thats "LAST CALL!"

mai-tais at 7am on my way to work. like i need more reasons to drink...

this place is going to be da Bomb, i can't wait ....russell is packing his bags cause i think he's gonna move in.

T

On 2008-11-13 17:23, crazy al wrote:
I hear there is a limited budget for flying in V.I.P'S... so it'd be Me, Tiki Travolta, and who else????

I just got my confirmation for me and the pinups . DIBS,I get the window seat !

On 2008-11-13 08:28, little lost tiki wrote:
TIKIROOM BUILDER BY DAY.....

DISCO KING BY NIGHT!

GO BEN GO!

:)

Just for that,

I'm gonna Tweak your painting!!!

M

Disco Ben at work!

Mr. Smiley is the most thirstiesterest of
all!
Have a nice Tiki Day!
If you like it,it is ZAZZ! If you don't, give it a RAZZ.

[ Edited by: mrsmiley 2008-11-13 21:14 ]

B

ROAD TRIP!!

T

Cindy just went on line directly to the Stratosphere website and I got a King size bed in a room for $36.00. Its an online deal only . Then she set me up with a flight which is cheaper than me driving up there and back . Get online and get busy .

K

I'll be there.

M
mieko posted on Fri, Nov 14, 2008 5:52 PM

The Stratosphere is a pretty good place to stay, and rates like $36, you'll be happy. Haven't stayed there in a few years, but last time I was there they had some cheaper rooms and some nicer ones, but the only difference was newer furniture.

I love staying downtown, with Main Street Station or Golden Nugget being my two favorites. If you're looking for fun reviews of all the hotels, check out cheapovegas.com.

I have some stuff planned for the weekend of the 4th... but I'm starting to think about canceling those plans for a road trip!

Is everything still on schedule?

T

Just booked my flight from Cincinnati..Arriving in Las Vegas on the 3rd.Just got a room at the Stratosphere Hotel for $26.For those wondering about the Stratosphere,this is one my favorite hotels in Vegas.Its dead center between new and old Vegas.Close to the Arts District and very clean rooms.Did I mention a topless pool on the 25th floor.The food here isn't the greatest but you can go down the street to The Peppermill Restaurant.Oh,can't wait to see Frankies.Tiki is back in Las Vegas....

Lava cave entrance is up.

Tikis installed in it too.

Carpet is in....

Next few daze....install all tikis and art and finishing touches....

Like I said...it's gonna be gooooood!

p.s. got a special chair today for a special little corner of the room.

Moss calls it the Blow Job Chair.

Sven will Love this one.

H

Trust me! :)---no, trust BBB!

I got this card today from Frankie's Disco!

Nice 70's imagery!

On 2008-11-17 22:48, mrsmiley wrote:
I got this card today from Frankie's Disco!

Nice 70's imagery!

You're such a tease!!!

Ben, I contacted the Double Down to see if I could book the Hula Girls at Frankie's. They said that there won't be any live music there... In fact, they said that the place is on the smaller side and wouldn't fit a band. It doesn't look small from the pictures... What do you think?

I BET THEY COULD FIT MINI KIZZ IN THERE!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 430 replies