Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 526 replies

TB

Bonjour tout le monde (hello everybody)
here the post for learning french!!

Où se trouve la tour Effeil?
where's the effeil tower?

Quelle heure avez vous?
what time is it?

Je veux manger des escargots s'il vous plait!
I want to eat snails.......

OK, ok I'm kidding!
Actually you might seen some of my work in the tonga hut show post.... but unfornately I can't make it.. I'm to far from there.. (excuse my english..)
So I wanted to create this post just for fun.. and share my insvestment in the tiki centralite.
so ... it's all began with this one:

than I went to that style :

and

or

than I've been working on something I really like. Tiki bob.. since I've work for some kids magazines in France I was thinking about something my kids would like ... and I got this idea for their peanut milkshake.. :)

but I also thought that I should catch some reeeal Tiki guy.. :) Strong man!!! so I tought about this one

and right now I just finished this one
ok the first image is just a joke...:) when the mug is finish.. :)
but not glazed yet.

I would love to have your comment..
Baï

C
croe67 posted on Tue, Apr 7, 2009 6:40 AM

Aloha Bai!

Nice to see you posting :D

I'm digging your pink bird tree with the big birdy eyes - very fun & cute!

& your peanut bob is AWESOME - the big one and the cute little ones (?pendants). Loving the idea of turning bob into a peanut! Now you just need a peanut-based drink recipe to go with the mug :wink: We have a liqueur in the U.S. called Castries that is quite yummy & tastes like peanut butter......maybe that could be a start to an appropriate drink for peanut Bob?

Anyway - nice work - let us all know when you're taking orders for 'ol peanut Bob....

TB

Thank you Croe67 :) you're right I should work on the drink now!!! :)
funny you talked about the pendant... I tought about this:

now I have to find a way to do it.... :wink:

B
Bowana posted on Tue, Apr 7, 2009 7:17 AM

Bonjour Bai!
Yay! You finally got your own thread!
Your work is great. I love the new monkey, but tell him smoking is bad for his health.
:)

Bowie

WooHoo! I love all your creations :) Hope to see you in California soon.

Peanut Bob,the Koi Fish ,and the Smoking monkey are pure Happiness!
We can all feel the love you put into these
all the way from France!
You've got a great brain and a big heart
so we'll be expecting MANY more of these from you
as the years pile up! YAY for BAi!

R

:o!!!

Wow Bai these are so crazy awesome!!!
I can't wait to see'em in person

We all miss you so much! :D

Your characters are amazingly delightful! How crazy-good are you at creating expression?!

I WANT MORE!

Love your creativity. Welcome to TC!

C

Yay, You did it!! (With my very poor spelling and all) :)
Very, very cool mugs you are making! I love your style, the cute ones and the though ones even more, hope to see you around a lot, congrats!

Really beautiful work, Bai! I really dig the smoking monkey- the details are amazing.

YES or....OUI! the work speaks in many languages,all of them take you away to a land of imagination! Merci Boucoup! ( thats all I know in French,well that and a couple phrases not worth repeating lol )

Beautiful work Bai! Bringing tiki to the young'uns! I hope all is well with you....

B

YAY!!! Bai has her own thread!! Killer work sista'! Your monkeys are really cute, even smoking. I've got a few requests to do a few more monkeys too... Mine look more like the Hyde to your Dr. Jekyll :-) I never could bring myself to making "cute"...You (and Squid too) cover that area quite nicely.

Soooo much damn fine hand built ceramics taking place on TC these days....ya gots to love, LOVE, LOOOOVE it!

Bai, all your pieces have so much character! They are very witty and beautifully executed. C'est fantastique!

L

Love that the monkey has his own little peanut mug.

I think you could teach the men mug makers on here a thing or two :wink:

Fabulous stuff !

Wow, Bai! I love that red flower mug. The Koi is gorgeous. The Peanut Bob is genius!

S
squid posted on Wed, Apr 8, 2009 12:32 AM

On 2009-04-07 14:10, leleliz wrote:

I think you could teach the men mug makers on here a thing or two :wink:

FOR SALE:

15 year collection of sculpting tools and accessories.

:)

N
nuKKe posted on Wed, Apr 8, 2009 6:57 AM

Wow. Simply wow.

Z
Zeta posted on Wed, Apr 8, 2009 7:29 AM

Original and stylish... Really nice! Viva Tiki! Viva la France! Viva bai!

Bai, thanks for collecting all your work in a single thread, much easier to enjoy this way. I love your all your work, but that smoking monkey is smokin'! I can't wait to a see a glaze on that.

BK

Wow! Are you selling any?

V

Oh. My. Goodness!

Bai, your mugs are simply amazing. Fantastic concepts, and squeaky-clean execution! Leleliz is right, I'm totally humbled! Time to join squid on the street corner :)
The mug drinking a mug is astounding. Please keep sharing!

Henrik

K
kirby posted on Wed, Apr 8, 2009 6:19 PM

Bai ceci est tout très bel art ...I aime les singes et les arachides.. nous avons eu besoin de quelqu'un aussi créatif que vous ici sur tiki central.. les besoins de calmar de faire attention, il a maintenant de la concurrence farouche...kirby

Oui, oui! Whatever Kirby said!

Beautiful work Bai, the monkeys and the bird made me giggle like a schoolgirl :)

G
GROG posted on Thu, Apr 9, 2009 12:11 AM

You stood in line twice when God was passing out looks and talent.

TB

OOOhhhh MY!!!! I really didn't expect such nice compliment from everybody!!! :) :) :)
THANK YOUUUUU!!!! :)
It makes me feel like... "tomber dans les pommes" translate : fall in the apples.. :( actually it doesn't make any sense in english... :D
anyway... Thanks to everybody to enjoy my days!

Bisous (Kiss)
Baï

Love love love the birdy and monkey. Great colors and personalities. :)

On 2009-04-08 18:27, MadDogMike wrote:
Whatever Kirby said!

What Kirby said, piped through Babelfish:

Bai this is all very beautiful art… I loves the monkeys and groundnuts. we needed quelqu' as creative as you here on tiki central. the needs for squid to pay attention, it has savage competition now… kirby

TB

here tha angry tiki glazed

and this is a candle holder. Lost Wahine
but not quite finish yet.

B

Very nice Bai!! Your on a roll sister! Keep up the great work, and keep posting....your onto something here.

T

Awesome work, I love the mug!!!

Lost wahine and Angry Tiki are too cool!
Love the big open spaces on the wahine
must make some nice shadows on a wall!
Nice glazin there on the Angry tiki too!
You must be a Tiki reincarnation of Camille Claudette!
Hugs!

TB

Mai

wow

TB

Ken,
You made me laugh sooo much! :)
here what is a "Claudette :

some "sexy dancer of Claude Francois... :D
and Actually I really hope I'm not gona spend the end of my life into a asylum as Camille Claudel... :(
But thank you for this very nice compliment! :)

M
mp posted on Sat, Apr 18, 2009 2:07 AM

Beautiful work!!!

L

Yeah I think the boys can start slipping into retirement! Awesome new pieces!

On 2009-04-18 01:24, Tiki Baï wrote:
Mai

WANT!!!!!

B

Girls RULE!!

G
GROG posted on Sat, Apr 18, 2009 11:08 AM

Holy- moly!! Now you're just showing off!!!

Too awesome for words. GROG want all.

S

Oh my God!.......

L
Liana posted on Sat, Apr 18, 2009 5:43 PM

Wow Bai I love your cute cartoon style mugs as well as the rest! Really well done!!

Mai is too cute!
with ladybugs too!
You,dear lady are OUT OF CONTROL lately!
What's in the water over there in francey-Land?
Genius juice?

Can you send me a Clodette?
:lol:

T

Beautiful work, can't wait to see the monkey glazed.

B

:o

Excellent stuff,
This one's perfect:

Can't wait to see him finished.

Benjamin.

TB

:) and here the Lolli-Tiki

G
GROG posted on Thu, Apr 23, 2009 10:05 AM

Look, if you're going to do something amazing EVERY TIME, people are going to expect you to do something amazing every time. So, you better start knocking out, some so-so carvings or people are going to have such high expectations of you that eventually you'll put so much pressure on yourself to produce a masterpiece everytime you sculpt, you'll end up having a nervous breakdown, and retreat from the world becoming this recluse that people hadn't heard from in years until some reporter discovers your art from decades before and does one of those "where are they now" stories.

You're batting 1000, so far. (In baseball terms, that means your doing perfect every time you step up to the plate.)

[ Edited by: GROG 2009-04-23 10:06 ]

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 526 replies