Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Crafts

Tiki Art Swap - Poly Pop Menu Inspired Art - Swap draw pg 13

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 264 replies

When is the next swap? I can't wait to see what's created next. All this talent in one thread. Thank you Hanford for keeping this site going year after year. I know I'd be lost without it. Thank you Hewey for setting this up. Wendy

I am blown away by all of the talent TC conjures! What an amazing group of people. Each Art Swap is full of such great ideas and work. Thanks to all who have been involved I look forward to the next Art Swap- I just might have to get in on the action myself.

T

Posting pics for the January mug swap reminded my I haven't posted pix here for the menu art swap yet...

My TIki Bob painting from ZeroTIki... my favorite part was the cool custom Tiki Bob matchbook!

The painting on display...

Mucho Mahalos, ZeroTiki!

N
nuKKe posted on Wed, Feb 3, 2010 4:13 AM

over at the Collecting Tiki forum Tikiville suggested a shrunken head swap...

ooOOoo thats a good idea, Ive been sitting on some shrunken head ideas for a while.

Z

You shouldn't sit on those... they can break, after all.

i get a shrunken head whenever i go swimming in cold water!
:)

...... and its just going to go down hill from here!

BT

Oh, it could keep going downhill...

But I think I'll just also say that I'm interested in another swap instead. (oh, and maybe a little head)

(erm, I just added that 'cause it ryhmed)

B

Kenny! I'm SHOCKED! Actually you should experience the effect in the Puget Sound waters - it's more of a disappearing act!

Badd Tiki - I see I have competition in the name AND smartass/potty-mouth department!

Oh, and another swap WOULD be fun but I'm not big on the shrunken head theme. May have to sit that one out.

N
nuKKe posted on Tue, Feb 9, 2010 2:18 AM

On 2010-02-08 16:59, beadtiki wrote:

Oh, and another swap WOULD be fun but I'm not big on the shrunken head theme. May have to sit that one out.

Beadtiki, a theme is just a theme, you can take it anywhere.
It reminds me how my mom was called to see my brother's art teacher when he was on the third grade, because he wasn't following her rules. The class was asked to draw oranges. My brother did a full page drawing of the World Trade Center buildings in NY and on one of the top corner he added 2 tiny oranges looking at the buildings and smiling. -> hope this inspires you to join even if we go for shrunken heads :wink:

B

nuKKe - nice point of view. I hope your brother didn't get in TOO much trouble - I hate teachers who have NO imagination. I guess I just don't like the shrunken head part of Tiki - never was into the creepy side of life! Perhaps I could push past that prejudice and try something if it does come up.

B

On another note - I got my piece from Tiki Lee! It's SO cool but I'm embarassed to take a picture of it hanging on my BARE WHITE WALLS! ACK! My Tiki bar is a work in progress for who knows how long! Thanks again Lee - I may put it on the front of my bar (when we get THAT finished too!)

T
TikiG posted on Tue, Feb 9, 2010 9:59 AM

So is the shrunken head idea official - all?

I'm up for a little head :D

Hope so !
I guess being an old punk,I have always been a fan of a dim room...
But ya, it is a theme that can be taken from alot of different approaches and media,from the happy go lucky painting of TIKI BOB with his mouth stitched shut to a hunk of dried meat and hair ! lol
*Tikiville in no way endorses the hunt and capture of living creatures for artistic purposes
It is one of the most intresting activities in the history of primitive / exotic cultures, and I cant think of anything more ANTI- BUFFET!
well , thats my input anyway ...( this photo just sold on ebay for over 600 dollars!, I wish I had the green for that huh ?)

B

Mike - I wish I knew how to photoshop stuff - I would take that pic of you in your running shorts and shrink your head (the one on your shoulders!) so that you looked like that shrunken head guy in Beetlejuice (or however it's spelled!). GROG - we need your skills!

T
TikiG posted on Tue, Feb 9, 2010 11:26 AM

hewey?!??

BT

I'm down for some shrunken head voodoo.

Here ya go Beadie:

I...can't...type...laughing...too...hard! wipes tears from eyes OMG Mike this makes my ENTIRE day - you even tied shut the eyes and mouth! LOL

LOL MDM, oh nice shorts to!

i don't see any difference....

I like the idea, I would participate. Here's a photo of a statue I did of Gecko before and after I shrunk his head. Wendy

[ Edited by: danlovestikis 2010-02-11 14:33 ]

Now that's just too scary & life-like... it looks just like him!

Are you sure you didn't really pull a Vincent Price in "House Of Wax" and REALLY shrink his head? :o

(good job if you didn't!)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 264 replies