Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Central Ohana

Rest In Peace,Tiki-Kate

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 548 replies

Z
Zeta posted on Sat, Feb 6, 2010 10:13 PM

We miss your posts amiga! Get well soon! Big hug from the south of Rio Bravo. :)

Tiki Kate,

Hope this message finds you in good spirits. What a great photo of you and the mug, it made me smile to see you with a drink in hand.

Miss you here and wish for all the best.

DC

Hi Kate,
So sorry to hear you have had such challenging health issues. Life is truly unfair. Sending best wishes your way for a win over the cancer. Stay positive and know you are loved by so many. I miss your posts too.
Vamp (Marlene)

Hang in there, Tiki Kate, and keep fighting. I am a one year survivor of esophageal cancer, my last scan in November was clean. If I can do it I know you can too.
Tiki.Head

Tiki.Head

[

[ Edited by: tiki.head 2010-02-07 15:28 ]

S

Our hearts go out to you Tiki-Kate. Keep the spirits up and keep fighting the good fight.

Sending you good thoughts and prayers.

Kate, pickle that liver in rum! Send away those demons with Tiki mojo!

Tiki wants YOU!

...too keep on keeping on!

On 2010-02-05 19:55, tikiyaki wrote:
Kate, you're in my thoughts. Hang in there.We're all praying for you.

and Playin' too !!!

Kate, my wife made you a card but I got no address to send it to so I'll just post it here :)

Kate - I'm so sorry to hear you've been going through chemo and all it entails. I wish you many, many days of feeling fabulous!

Breathe in the pain, breathe on out the love. Let my heart be a place where this world is changed forever.
-Michael Stillwater

Kate, I just heard and I wanted you to know that I wish you a full recovery and many long happy years collecting tiki!

My prayers are with you for a speedy recovery!!

Lots of hugs and love

Amy

C
Cammo posted on Thu, Feb 11, 2010 9:26 AM

ANNOUNCEMENT!

Lets send Kate A LOT of Get Well cards. Handmade is better than store-bought, (when isn't this true???)and any theme you want.

She doesn't want to give out her address on the internet, but I have it and will forward all the cards to her -

Just send them to me at:

Attn: Tiki-Kate
Hot Box Digital
367 N. Hwy 101
Solana Beach, CA 92075

And I'll make sure she gets them!

Do this NOW! Let's try for 100 cards at least! I'm sending her 3!

Cam

Kate, Bella and I said a little prayer this morning and asked that you be kept in good spirit. Havent seen you in forever and our prayers will continue to be with you.

Thinking of you today,Kate
and smiling real BIG!
:)

Ditto man...get well soon and that I promise that TO mug that you missed out a few years ago is yours!

M
mieko posted on Thu, Feb 11, 2010 9:19 PM

Love ya Kate!

I want to put a special thanks out to ookoo lady, not only for this thread, but everything else she's done for Kate.

Kate - I hope your weekend is full of Lots of Sunshine :)

On 2010-02-11 21:19, mieko wrote:
Love ya Kate!

I want to put a special thanks out to ookoo lady, not only for this thread, but everything else she's done for Kate.

Ditto!

G
GROG posted on Fri, Feb 12, 2010 10:13 AM

Yay, Ookoo!

Yay Tiki-Kate!

Damn you, Ruzic!

On 2010-02-12 10:13, GROG wrote:
Yay, Ookoo!

Yay Tiki-Kate!

Damn you, Ruzic!

ditto.

R

On 2010-01-10 13:05, ookoo lady wrote:
Tiki-Kate has had serious health problems for the past year, and now she's taken a turn for the worse. Please take a moment to send some healing thoughts to her. Thanks.

2/14/10
FYI-
(Rosered will be bringing a get well card to the Tonga at today's HH for anyone to sign to wish Tiki Kate a SPEEDY recovery)
:)

You'll never know how many, (like me), you got started collecting shirts!

Wishing you a place of good health, Kate.

C
Cammo posted on Tue, Feb 16, 2010 4:11 PM

A LOT of packages and letters showed up today!

Thanks to everybody, keep them coming, I'll send everything to Kate on Friday.

So send Kate MORE! MORE! MORE! Packages are fine! This is all going in a big box anyway. I'll bubble wrap everything nice and neat.

**Repeat ANNOUNCEMENT! **

Lets send Kate A LOT of Get Well cards. Handmade is better than store-bought, (when isn't this true???)and any theme you want.

She doesn't want to give out her address on the internet, but I have it and will forward all the cards to her -

Just send them to me at:

Hot Box Digital
367 N. Hwy 101
Solana Beach, CA 92075

Cam

How we doing on the snail-mail front? :)

C

Got a LOT of mail, envelopes and small packages. Will check the mailbox again in an hour for the update, but I'll definately be sending these out in a fair-sized box.

Will post photos before the Post Office run!

Should I wait until Saturday or even Monday to do it?

What ya think, Ohana?????

T

Cam - I would wait just in case more mail arrives tomorrow as well.

I'm stoked many TC'ers have responded to this call of support :)

I suggest you mail off what you have today (Thursday), so it has a chance to get there by Saturday.

C
Cammo posted on Thu, Feb 18, 2010 5:31 PM

I'll give it a few days, Saturday delivery is spotty at best!

Have got all sorts of strangly shaped packages - thanks to everybody. The farthest away one seems to be from South Bend!

Kate sure has a lot of friends!

Thanks Cammo :)

C
Cammo posted on Sat, Feb 20, 2010 1:06 PM

THANKS EVERYBODY!!!!!!

Apparently there's more coming - I'll send them out when I get a stack!

Missin' ya today Kate. Wishin' we were hangin' out At Disneyland getting soaked & drying out under a heat lamp! Good Times! Xoxo!

Hi Kate, just saw this thread. I am praying for you and sure hope you're feeling better soon.
Much Aloha, X's and O's,
God bless you,
John

Let's do it again!! I've got more going out in tomorrow's post!!

On 2010-02-16 16:11, Cammo wrote:
A LOT of packages and letters showed up today!

So send Kate MORE! MORE! MORE! Packages are fine! This is all going in a big box anyway. I'll bubble wrap everything nice and neat.

Just send them to me at:

Hot Box Digital
367 N. Hwy 101
Solana Beach, CA 92075

Cam

It just warms my heart to see all these wonderful posts. With everything wrong with our world it's so nice to know we can count on the hospitality and friendship of the people brought together by this great website. I've met some of you and I always know where I can come to feel the love!

Kate, you must truly be special to have so many people who care so deeply. I'm so sorry you are going through this. I hope you are feeling better really soon and I pray things go well.

Tiki-Kate,

:) Heal Strong, BELIEVE, Live Well. :)

This is my heartfelt message and the card I send to YOU.

** A single paper cut and a few folds...

**Add a LED tealight, dim the lights and turn up a little Exotica...

BE WELL SOON!!
Shoootz,
Jonesey

Aloha Everyone.

I wanted to give you all another update.

I've been out of the hospital for a few weeks now. My doctor started me on a third kind of chemo last week. It's kicking my butt right now, but at least very few of you will have had to experience my very silly, dark, curly hair since it's starting to fall out again. :)

I'm at my sister's house finally. I stayed with my dad for a couple of weeks while my sister's family had the flu.

I'd like to send a special thank you to all the TCers who braved my dad's place.

Thank you, Cammo for starting The Card Project. That package meant the world to me, and your Nancy Drew card that you made was awesome.

Thank you, Ookoo for schlepping out almost every week to hang out and for helping me maintain my sanity.

Thank you, Bosko and Truus for the card and for the mug. It's an amazing glaze. That was so sweet of you.

Thank you, Humu for driving all the way down from SF and keeping me company on a Saturday night. And thank you, Martin for the care package. I love all the SC ephemera. Also, the Simmons Sinus Soother is the best non-alcoholic cocktail I've ever had. (I am becoming a bit of an expert). I also had a tiny sip of the mai tai, and it was fantastic. Humu did an excellent job mixing up the drinks.

Thank you, Zaya and Buzzy for the visit and the care package and for getting me completely hooked on the Sploshberry candy.

Thank you, Mieko, Diana and Phill for visiting and for all the huge strawberries. They're delicious as well as being one of the only things I can keep down these days.

Thank you, GROG for noticing when I'm on line in the middle of the night. It's good to have a friend at 3 am.

And I want to thank everyone for all of the cards, e-mails, PMs and posts. All of your good thoughts keep my mind off of my troubles.

Also, thanks to all of the other folks who have come by to hold my hand and take me to the doctor, etc.

If I've missed anyone, I'm going to blame it on chemo brain, but please know that all of the kindness received is greatly appreciated.

Love to you all,
Kate

P.S. I'll try to post some pictures of all the cards when I can work that out.

TM

On 2010-03-03 10:10, Tiki-Kate wrote:
It's kicking my butt right now, but at least very few of you will have had to experience my very silly, dark, curly hair since it's starting to fall out again. :)

With, or without hair...you are still an extremely beautiful woman!

Stay strong!

Love, Lucas.

G
GROG posted on Wed, Mar 3, 2010 12:58 PM

Hey, bald is beautiful!

GROG prime example. :)

P.S. Love ya Kate.

GROG
Get better soon Tiki-Kate.

[ Edited by: GROG 2010-03-03 13:07 ]

TM

I obviously agree!!!!

Hang In There, Kate!

It IS going to get better!

Have someone rent or buy the DVD "The Secret" and take it to heart 'cuz it DOES work! I know the power of positive thinking WILL work for you, because you have all of our positive thoughts coming to you to give you GREAT back-up!

Lee

T

On 2010-03-11 12:06, Tiki Lee's wrote:
Hang In There, Kate!

It IS going to get better!

Have someone rent or buy the DVD "The Secret" and take it to heart 'cuz it DOES work! I know the power of positive thinking WILL work for you, because you have all of our positive thoughts coming to you to give you GREAT back-up!

Lee

I own that DVD and really try to live by it. great stuff. kate, keep the thoughts positive !

Hang in there Kate. And don't worry about the hair. A GF of mine has been fighting Hodgkins for the last 15 years. She's always had stick-straight white blond hair. During her last round of chemo, her hair grew back dark brown and curly! She thought she looked like Ozzie Osborne's son. She was still beautiful. Her hair went back to her normal which she was happy about.

BTW...tomorrow 3/20 is the chop at my house, and I'm so sorry you can't be here. We'll have a toast and wish you good health. Miss ya girlfriend......

G
GROG posted on Wed, Mar 24, 2010 9:06 AM

We miss you, Kate.

Hi Kate

Mieko had fun yesterday running all those errands with you. Its wonderful to hear how hard you are fighting. We are thinking about you and sending our love.

Diana and bill

HJ

Prayers and love, Tiki-Kate, from the Central Coast, the Great Lakes.

B

sending lots of love ur way ms kate!!

Aloha Everyone.

Just another little update.

Not much news on the cancer front except that my labs are looking better according to my Oncologist. After my next round of chemo, I'll have another CAT scan, and we'll check the size of my liver. Please keep your fingers crossed.

I'm finally back at home for a little while. I've been feeling better lately, so I decided I could take care of myself for about a week until I go in for more chemo. Words cannot express how much I missed sleeping in my own bed. :)

I wanted to thank everyone for the continuous e-mails, PMs, cards and visits. Since I can't get out much, it's so nice to have the outside world contacting me.

Thank you, MadDogMike for all of the cards. He has sent one for every single holiday this year, including St. Patrick's Day!

Thank you, Bob and everyone at Oceanic Arts for the card. That meant the world to me having all of you sign it. It will be a while before I'm ready to make the trip to OA again, but the second I'm ready, I'll be back.

I'd also like to thank Mieko for all that she's done including helping me run a million errands, sitting through chemo and taking me to get my head shaved. I'd almost forgotten what it was like to be bald. Almost...

I'm back to making templates on Ooga-Mooga. Hopefully, I'll get a lot more done by the end of the week.

Thanks again for all of the positive thoughts and support.

Lots of love,
Kate

G
GROG posted on Tue, Mar 30, 2010 8:22 PM

Yay!!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 548 replies