Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Tiki Oasis 10 official thread

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 319 replies

Does anybody know if I ordered my tix already, do I still have to wait in that long annoying line to get my wristband?

I usually wait till around 11:30 or so on thurs. nite at Bali Hi to get my wristband, and the line is only about 10 min. long.

Jeff(btd)

L

I am super excited to be attending and volunteering at the Oasis.

Its going to be my 1st time and I can not wait to meet all the Ohana that I only know online!

B

Tiki Oasis Sold Out?!

Yup it is true we are sold out. I added a few more tickets online for those who forgot to purchase but they are going fast!

Just a reminder hotel rooms do NOT include tickets to the evening events!

GET YOUR TICKETS NOW and TELL YOUR FRIENDS!!

XO Baby Doe
Tiki Oasis

here is a taste of what to expect from the martini kings at tiki oasis 10.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=egBhMj1ClBA

O
Otto posted on Fri, Jul 23, 2010 12:43 AM

Tiki Oasis has partnered with San Diego Urban Transportation private shuttle service
They operate a number of 12 passenger vans that will be on call for the duration of our event.
They provide airport shuttle service, Bali Hai transpo, hotel-to-hotel service, and any transportation needs you would normally call a cab for

Need a lift to the Bali Hai on Thursday night for you and your 10 friends? No problem.
Only $5 per person each way (roundtrip $10) from any of our three partner hotels
(Crowne Plaza, Handlery Hotel, Kings Inn)
Call Nick Hintza @ San Diego Urban Transportation and make your reservation NOW.
619-646-8629
[email protected]

My son ran off and joined the circus this weekend (Comic-Con) So while I was on Wikipedia reading about the Comic-Con; it's history, famous people in attendence, number of attendees, etc - I thought "Why isn't there a Tiki Oasis article in Wikipedia?"

Well, why isn't there?

Well Otto should add one then, it is his baby and he should have the honor.

TS

Tiki Sam wants all of you at Oasis 10 to stop by my friend Tiki Herb and pick up some great spice flavors for that great tropical taste. Tiki Herb was at Oasis 9 last year and had food samples and this year he will not disappoint you. He will be cooking all samples LIVE at the booth. Stop by and enjoy some exotic spice flavors and grab a few bottles of his great spices. There is 6 very different products for you. Hay, he has these great professional chef "Tiki Herb's" logo aprons in response to last years requests. See you there.

J

On 2010-07-23 17:48, MadDogMike wrote:
My son ran off and joined the circus this weekend (Comic-Con) So while I was on Wikipedia reading about the Comic-Con; it's history, famous people in attendence, number of attendees, etc - I thought "Why isn't there a Tiki Oasis article in Wikipedia?"

Well, why isn't there?

I think you have to wait until "Hollywood" discovers the Tiki Revival and figures out how to leverage it from being an insider geek fest into something which can be commercially exploited.

That's what happened with Comic-Con. :(

On 2010-07-24 10:40, JOHN-O wrote:

Well, why isn't there?

I think you have to wait until "Hollywood" discovers the Tiki Revival and figures out how to leverage it from being an insider geek fest into something which can be commercially exploited.

That's what happened with Comic-Con. :(

I hope that doesn't happen. Spreading the word is all good... commercially exploited, not so much

Other then that... counting down the days 'till Oasis :drink:

T

[ Edited by: telvins 2010-07-26 09:27 ]

On 2010-07-22 14:36, babydoe wrote:
Tiki Oasis Sold Out?!

Yup it is true we are sold out. I added a few more tickets online for those who forgot to purchase but they are going fast!

GET YOUR TICKETS NOW and TELL YOUR FRIENDS!!

XO Baby Doe
Tiki Oasis

Baby Doe,

Will there be additional tickets (wristbands) for sale at the Bali Hai on
Thursday night. If not, i suppose i should cancel my hotel room.
No wristband, no oasis.

Mr Green Tiki

O
Otto posted on Mon, Jul 26, 2010 9:42 AM

On 2010-07-26 09:29, MrGreenTiki wrote:

Tiki Oasis Sold Out?!

XO Baby Doe, Tiki Oasis

Baby Doe,
No wristband, no oasis.
Mr Green Tiki

If you are booked into Crowne Plaza you will have the opportunity to purchase tix. We,ll contact you.
IF there are any tix left for day of show we will sell those @ Bali Hai

It is very doubtful that there will be tix available on Friday or Saturday

Thanks everyone for jumping in early and joining the party!!

You know that you don't want to rush home on Sunday.
and fight the traffic or the crowds at the airport.
Book another night, and stay till monday.
:wink:

and hang out and Lounge Poolside
with TikiTena and I (bigtikidude)
spinning a mix of Exotica,Lounge,Hawaiian, and surf.
From 3 pm, to 7 pm.

you know you want to.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Hey, BTD, I recognize that tiki !

Aloha -

I am unfortunately a johnny-come-lately and am trying to find tix. So, if you are booked at The Crowne does that mean there's a very good chance that you'll get tix? Or just a slight chance?

I wasn't planning on attending this year but then some last minute change of plans came up, and here I am!

Many thanks,
tikibeeyatch

On 2010-07-26 09:42, Otto wrote:

On 2010-07-26 09:29, MrGreenTiki wrote:

Tiki Oasis Sold Out?!

XO Baby Doe, Tiki Oasis

Baby Doe,
No wristband, no oasis.
Mr Green Tiki

If you are booked into Crowne Plaza you will have the opportunity to purchase tix. We,ll contact you.
IF there are any tix left for day of show we will sell those @ Bali Hai

It is very doubtful that there will be tix available on Friday or Saturday

Thanks everyone for jumping in early and joining the party!!

Thanks Otto,

Is this the first time that OASIS has SOLD OUT?

On another topic, i suggest that all of us newbies and not-newbies include
photos with our posts so that we can can recognize each other at Oasis.

Or maybe not really necessary since after a couple of mai tais
everyone starts to look like an old friend.

On yet another topic, don't forget to use your re-usable tiki mug.
Let's make OASIS a waste-free event. No plastic trash in the landfill.

Aloha

[ Edited by: MrGreenTiki 2010-07-26 11:58 ]

WHAT?!?! OH MAN! I was just 3 days away from getting my tickets...waiting on my paycheck!!! Will any more tickets be put up online?!?!

On 2010-07-26 11:14, tikiyaki wrote:
Hey, BTD, I recognize that tiki !

yes Jim, the lighting on the Dons tiki's wasn't cuttin it.
do you want some royalties for using your tiki as a Prop?
:wink:

Jeff(btd)

O
Otto posted on Mon, Jul 26, 2010 11:02 PM

Well, why isn't there?

Good idea, I'll get right on that AFTER I finish my party plans for this Tiki Oasis party in a few weeks, AND after I recover from said party. So check Wiki around October.

I don't think it's a bad thing to be documented in Wikipedia. Everyone here knows to get tix and hotel rooms early so the people who think they are going to walk up Saturday night and just check it out will not make it in.

JT

See You guys on Thursday at The Bali Hai !!!
-Johnny -B.

Otto im just curious how many tickets/wristbands were sold for it to be "Sold Out"?

TL

Hi Otto, I know your kind of busy this close to Oasis, but do you know the dimensions of the official Tiki Oasis 10 poster ? Thx

Wow, it's getting close now! Ilene, her mother, Trader Joe and myself are really looking forward to everything, especially helping out with the Tiki Tots.

Tiki Tot Playroom
Krafts for the Kiddies, Special Guests and more!
10:00AM - 4:00PM, Saturday August 21st
PRICE: Free

Stop by if you have a chance!

O
Otto posted on Wed, Jul 28, 2010 1:16 AM

On 2010-07-27 08:47, Mongoloid wrote:
Otto im just curious how many tickets/wristbands were sold for it to be "Sold Out"?

The hotel has stated a capacity for the grounds, problem is we have about 500 people on the guest list with all the entertainers, DJs, symposiums, volunteers, etc so we can never sell tix up to the real capacity

THURSDAY NIGHT TIKI OASIS KICKOFF PARTY - AUGUST 19th !
THE TIKIYAKI ORCHESTRA with Special guest Appearance by MARINA THE FIRE EATING MERMAID !
2 SHOWS !!!
FREE and OPEN TO THE PUBLIC !

The first time together since Hukilau 2008...If you were not there, here's a bit of what you'll see...

THIS IS THE DEBUT PERFORMANCE OF MARINA ON THE WEST COAST - NoT To Be Missed !

Marina doing her amazing fire-eating dance along with the exotic sounds of The Tikiyaki Orchestra !

Some hip shakin' Hula, baby !

[ Edited by: tikiyaki 2010-07-29 13:51 ]

Looking forward to this. Killer combo!
T.O. and Marina!
That is gonna be a great time Jim!

SAW THAT TO and MARINA show at the Hukilau in 08
and it was AWESOME!
Get your buns down there!
Not to be missed!

I will be checking out Jim and the boys myself on Thursday........But now that I know the mermaid chick is in town I will actually take a shower first.
I look forward to seeing my first Oasis,or at least part of it........

Good Luck OTTO,

I think of you as the great Odin and I his arrogant Son Thor!!!!!!!!!!!! DIG?

W

...And now a word from The Hula Girls...

We're super excited to be playing Tiki Oasis this year! See us Friday night at the swing dance party and Saturday night on the main stage at 5:30!

Here is the FIRST public look at the artwork for our debut album, "The Curse of the Tiki"! The album came out great and has some amazing musicians on it! Can't wait for you all to hear it!
Pre-Order the album at http://www.thehulagirlsband.com or pick up your copy at Tiki Oasis!

CA

all i can say is who will be headlining Oasis for 5 out of 10 years......

CA

and

items...

only 10 Deluxe Gazed for Oasis, info at public gallery here:
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=7375&id=100001142975893&l=52c6efbbe4

only 10 Deluxe Gazed for Oasis, info at public gallery here:
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=4791&id=100001142975893&l=71a36cfa64

and the last of the Tiki#151 APs

should be 10 Deluxe Gazed for Oasis, info at public gallery here:
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=5359&id=100001142975893&l=90ec67c5c7

More later..... stay tuned

[ Edited by: crazy al 2010-07-31 11:54 ]

MARTINI KINGS TIKI OASIS SCHEDULE!
we play FRIDAY evening on the big stage....an evening of swingin stuff. this year we feature mr sonny moon on vocals! and a special burlesque performance by miss kimberlee rose!

Sunday is our poolside hangover noon show. tell your friends -it's unannounced. swim, get smashed and catch the kings tunes poolside.

M

I am SUPER EXCITED to be able to sell at Tiki Oasis this year!! I just finished my home bar and came across almost ONE HUNDRED BOXES of Vintage tiki stuff that WON'T FIT. I will be going through those boxes and bringing TONS TO SELL AT OASIS!! Talk about ZAZZ!
PLUS You can pick up any of my items I am currently selling on Ebay FOR NO SHIPPING CHARGE! Buy stuff from my ebay listings http://shop.ebay.com/1957sputnik/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=&_trksid=p3686
Let me know that you want me to bring it to Oasis before 8pm Wednesday August 18, I will send you an invoice with NO SHIPPING, pay and print out your receipt and pick it up Saturday or Sunday from 10a-4pm at my MR. SMILEY booth in the indoor vending room-The Lahaina Bay room. Start Shopping NOW !

Unfortunately the Corona Contessa and I are not going to be able to make Oasis this year (insert picture of me with tears streaming down my face), but I am going to be in San Diego during that time doing family things...AND will definitely be at the Bali Hai on Thursday night.

Looking forward to a Polynesian feast at the Bali Hai and drinking to the tunes of the Tikiyaki Orchestra!!! I'll be bringing my niece and her husband and the Mother Unit. Maybe I can talk Crazy Al into taking my Mom for a swing on the dance floor. You can't miss her...she will be the oldest attendee (91 years) in Hawaiian garb. She can slam back a couple of drinks and still shake her bootay at that age!!!

That mug is AWESOME...I guess it will be eBay for me this year if I want one.

CA

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=9061&id=100001142975893&l=e471807b44

hope to have ten of these.. but that may just not happen.

getting stoked! ill be joining the rest of the SD crew in the choppers circle again this year

We just got back from our screen printer and look what we're bringing to Tiki Oasis - Hidden Harbor! One of the 3 new designs we're breaking out at Tiki Oasis. Can't wait!!

Just to give everyone from out of the area a warning, San Diego just had it's coldest June and July in a 100 years. The high tomorrow is only supposed to be 65 degrees. Though I'm hoping things finally heat up by the end of the month, this summer we've been having is insane. Please be sure and check the weather before coming out here. You may need to bring jackets!

On 2010-08-05 21:14, Tiki Shaker wrote:
Just to give everyone from out of the area a warning, San Diego just had it's coldest June and July in a 100 years. The high tomorrow is only supposed to be 65 degrees. Though I'm hoping things finally heat up by the end of the month, this summer we've been having is insane. Please be sure and check the weather before coming out here. You may need to bring jackets!

What summer... it isn't even warm enough to call it spring yet.

B

Anyone here interested in a last minute advertisement opportunity with Tiki Oasis? We are printing up a special gift for Oasis hotel guests a Tiki Oasis Pin-Up Calendar!

Only $100 clams for your logo and link in the calendar!

Deadline end of weekend sooo let me know if you are interested and I will send you details E-ME direct as I am not always on TC: [email protected]

XO Baby Doe

[ Edited by: Dr.TikiMojo 2010-08-10 16:15 ]

Don't know if I can help ya out...but sent ya email Dave. :wink:

On 2010-08-03 17:36, crazy al wrote:

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=9061&id=100001142975893&l=e471807b44

hope to have ten of these.. but that may just not happen.

Nice one Al! Be looking for this one..

O
Otto posted on Mon, Aug 9, 2010 2:07 AM

TOWER SUITE AVAILABLE AT TIKI OASIS

Through a mix up I just discovered that we have a tower suite available on sixth floor! Even if you do not want to host a big room party you might want to get this with a few friends:

2 standard rooms flank a large party room with large balcony facing golf course, one fully private room on each side. Suite has its own bathroom and can sleep 2-6 people

Minimum booking is Fri and Sat nights. Price is $550 night, or $183 per room?

If you want to stay at the Crowne Plaza you gotta book this
contact me directly at [email protected] or call me
415-335-1624

Aloha friends!

On Saturday night, immediately after our main stage performance, The Hula Girls will be celebrating the release of our brand new record (and we can REALLY say record - we're offering CD's, download cards, AND VINYL!) �Curse of the Tiki� with a meet-and-greet session in the Skinny Dog Designs Lanai Suite, adjacent to the pool.

You can buy your copy in your favorite format (sorry, no 8-tracks or cassettes) and get the band members, dancers and even the gorgeous cover model, Miss Dinah DeRosa, to personalize it for you. For those who don't want to fight the crowds, "Curse of the Tiki" will be also available throughout the weekend at the Entertainer's Vendor booth in the main hall."

Looking forward to OASIS!!!

Spike
http://www.facebook.com/thehulagirls
http://www.myspace.com/thehulagirlsband

[ Edited by: Luckydesigns 2010-08-09 09:27 ]

[ Edited by: luckydesigns 2010-08-31 12:46 ]

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 319 replies