Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Bilge

I Am Tired Of...

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 392 replies

She does have a sweet face :)

Deanna I stand corrected, Since Deanna spends much of her time rescuing Dogs (including Pitbull's)
and finding homes for them, I concede to her expertise. :)

G
GROG posted on Wed, May 14, 2014 6:48 PM

I will NEVER own a dog, and I have to deal with piss poor dog owners on a daily basis in my neighborhood. I have never been a dog fan. I remember being 3 or 4 sitting in my front yard and a dog came up barking at me and then ran off with my favorite stuffed animal. When I was 16 (I am the oldest of 3 brothers) my youngest brother was attacked by our pet Springer Spaniel, which I had to deal with since no adults were around, leaving large gashes on his face. Besides all of my bad experiences, I just never liked dogs. They always bark or bite at me, not to mention pooping everywhere.

That being said, I have met some really nice pitbulls. Quite a few of my friends and relatives have had them over the years, I even helped one friend pick one out at an adoption center. I think it comes down to the owner and how the owner handles/treats their pitbull that determines how the dog will act.

Annabell was the pitbull I helped my friend adopt. She was super sweet and she came from an abusive house originally. She never barked and never bit anything ever.

My friend Jon had a pitbull named Max. He was dumb and super strong, but he was the most playful happy dog ever. Never barked. He was attacked by another pitbull at dog beach, but would not fight back. The other pit kept biting him and his owner just looked on without stopping him.

Just my point of view as a cat lover :)

G
GROG posted on Wed, May 14, 2014 6:49 PM

Cat lover?!!!

Here, this is for you.

:D

[ Edited by: GROG 2014-05-14 18:56 ]

I had a friend whose roommate owned a pit bull named Patty. He loved that dog, and said she was the sweetest dog in the whole world, and was vehemently opposed to the pit bull bans that are common in cities around here. One day he got too close to her food when she was eating, and he now has a permanent scar on his face where the dog tore him open.

Animals can be unpredictable. Pit bulls have a reputation for being more so. Your mileage may vary.

GROG, your BRUTAL tonight! Are you sure they didn't remove your heart instead of replacing the valve? :lol:

(spelling intentional just to piss you off :wink: )

I Am Tired Of...every single Harley Davidson owner. Sorry, you all drive like you own the road, very very entitled.

I'm tyred of Kneandethawls who coreect mie spelling!

On 2014-05-15 17:36, Big Kahuna wrote:
I'm tyred of Kneandethawls who coreect mie spelling!

me two!

On 2014-05-15 09:24, Loki-Tiki wrote:
I Am Tired Of...every single Harley Davidson owner. Sorry, you all drive like you own the road, very very entitled.

Well speaking as one of those owners, do you have any idea the hell it is to get from point A
to point B on a motorcycle, isn't it dangerous enough without being tailgated, constantly cutoff
people have actually opened their car doors on me, just because I am using the middle lane (legal in Cali)
forced me out of my lane intentionally and that is just the daily shit riders have to put up with
and we are not talking "Outlaw Clubs" just regular folks who like to ride Harley's.

G
GROG posted on Sat, May 17, 2014 8:44 AM

GROG tired of so many people with lazy spelling because of bad study habits as kids. :)

[ Edited by: GROG 2014-05-18 11:03 ]

OGR

For Grog...:)

G
GROG posted on Sun, May 18, 2014 11:08 AM

Thanks Rummy. Sometimes when you have a horse-sized schlong, you need help guiding it in. Glad you are sympathetic to GROG' problems.

On 2014-05-18 08:28, Or Got Rum? wrote:
For Grog...:

Way too funny Orgot!
Stop horsing around Ernie.
: )

I'm tired of people who throw a fit at a restaurant and send their food back just to try to get a free meal.

T

I'm tired of climate change deniers.

T

"One thing to remember is that without visual and aural cues, it's often very hard to determine intent. Is that person being helpful, or sarcastic? A smiley face can help, but if in doubt, ask for clarification"

So true.

this thread came up in a search for something. I'm still sticking with people who talk on the phone in the grocery store.

this thread came up in a search for something. I'm still sticking with people who talk on the phone in the grocery store.

G
GROG posted on Sat, Aug 30, 2014 8:29 AM

Them not bother GROG as much as people who talk during movie. Happened twice recently.

BEVMO!!!!

Why do they stop carrying all the rums I love, but they have 13 flavors of Captain, 19 flavors of Bacardi and 8 flavors of Malibu. The store clerk said that they just don't carry high end rums. They carry high end everything else, why not rum???

We need a good rum store in SD. I am sick of driving hundreds of miles north just to pick up the basics.

Uh oh, we're gonna be due for a trip there, soon!

Overall, We do better at KnB (which I know you already know about), but they've been a bit lacking lately in regard to Diplomatico and Koloa, which they were pretty good on for a while. It ain't easy having good taste.

... Not living by an ocean

On 2014-11-30 21:37, hang10tiki wrote:
... Not living by an ocean

Not having you, live by our ocean!

Camera phones popping up in front of me while I am trying to enjoy an event. So annoying! I luv taking pix but I always make sure I’m not blocking someones view. I try to anticipate the shot and stand behind the crowd.
Cheers

[ Edited by: nui 'umi 'umi 2014-12-16 22:55 ]

On 2014-12-16 22:55, nui 'umi 'umi wrote:
Camera phones popping up in front of me while I am trying to enjoy an event. So annoying! I luv taking pix but I always make sure I’m not blocking someones view. I try to anticipate the shot and stand behind the crowd.
Cheers

[ Edited by: nui 'umi 'umi 2014-12-16 22:55 ]

This has become an increasingly prolific behavior at concerts, restaurants etc.
I was recently at the "Music goes Bang" show & could not see many of the performances

Because of the many people holding their phones in the air to film the entire concert
I had to say something to the very rude people doing this a couple of times
when they held those damn phones right in front of my face.

The cell phone issue has become indicative of a current lack of manners & etiquette
that is a generational issue, I for one, never take my phone to meals, family time, movies etc.

I find nothing more rude then a person taking out a cell phone to take a call or text
during a meal, movie etc.

Times sure have changed & not for the better.

There was a study done that showed that people that spend their time focused on recording an event don't remember the actual event that they attended.

-Lori

[ Edited by: tikilongbeach 2014-12-17 08:31 ]

Somewhat on same subject above, here is editorial by Koop Kooper of Cocktail Nation on the digital world

Cocktail Nation:Digital Nerds

Unfortunately people do go out of the house and bring the digital world with them to the annoyance of others.

Went to a christmas program at my grandchildrens school this evening. We were seated in the 3rd row and some fool in front of us held his notebook up to record the 1rst performance. When he started to do the same for the 2nd song I said to my wife in a stage whisper “that knucklehead with the notebook doesn’t realize that he’s in the front row” He turned and gave me da stinkeye but he kept the notebook on his lap for the remainder of the evening. Yea!

T

George Clooney, What a di$%!!

Fans warned to stay away from George Clooney and new wife Amal at their Lake Como villa... or face a $600 fine
By RACHEL MCGRATH FOR MAILONLINE
PUBLISHED: 5 April 2015

He lapped up all the attention when he tied the knot in Venice six months ago.
But now George Clooney wants to make sure sightseers stay away from him and his wife when they're in Lake Como.
And he has the support of local authorities - with the town mayor warning that anyone who bothers the actor, his wife or his pals or sets foot on his property faces a hefty fine.

I got to disagree with you on that one Skipman, even celebrities
deserve a modicum of privacy at home, they can't be expected to be accessible 100% of the time
that is just presumptuous of the public & press to expect it.

T

Well that is true but as a superstar he should know that people are going to
go nuts wherever he is.
Heck when these actors DON’T have people fall all over them they get a team
of people they pay to get them back into the limelight so people will again
fall all over them.

Soooo he knowing that this is going to be a problem should not buy a house smack
dab in the middle of the public he wants to avoid.
He surly has the funds to buy an island if he wanted and then there would not be
a problem, or at least a gated home / compound.

Yes everybody has a right to privacy.
I think the question is do some have more rights than others to well whatever they want.

This reminds me of when people had to look away when the king passed by.

I agree with you ATP that celebs deserve their privacy at home but I side with Skip, when a celeb is in public- that privacy will vanish. Comes with the territory
Cheers fellas

T

Ha!
Looks like he has both a Mexican Compound and an Island all to himself.
And a private jet, Private diners at the Whitehouse, box seats everywhere.

Man this guy gets more privacy than you and I do that's for sure.

http://www.popsugar.com/home/George-Clooney-Buys-Private-Island-35920287#photo-35920287

I do wish the paparazzi would leave me alone :lol:

T

On 2015-04-07 16:04, Atomic Tiki Punk wrote:
I do wish the paparazzi would leave me alone :lol:

Yeah that would be the 1% bad in the pool of awesome that his life holds.

Guess you need to take the bad with the good, good, GOOD, GREAT, AWESOME.

That may be why some quit acting shortly after they get known.
Would you trade your spot for his life?

Would need to get rid of the new wife and go back
to Stacy Keibler.

His new wife's head down looking coyly through stringy hair pose
is all she's got.

I would not want to be famous ever, so no I would not trade places with him. I do not want to be in the limelight or have people following me around. I would hate having people walk up to me like they know me and magazines writing true and false things about my life. No amount of money would make that worth it to me, but to each their own.

As for having lots of money and islands and stuff, sign me up! :)

T

Mean Girls - Meet the Plastics

The Plastics Did you have these people at your high school?

Just had our Reunion for Upper Arlington High School class of 1980.
Dam do they do that whole Plastics thing ALL through life?

Dam I swear that movie could have been filmed at UA high School.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tP2XtYbIgD0

People who think they don't have to follow the rules, even though they just took an oath that they'd follow the rules.
At least I won't have to go back to jury duty for 3 years.

H

Being perceived as being part of the problem.

[ Edited by: Heath 2016-02-26 14:40 ]

Driving on wrong side of road.

Steer wheel on wrong side.

http://en.musicplayon.com/play?v=765339

[ Edited by: Veronica! 2016-03-08 10:48 ]

V

I am tired of alphabet.

W.

Double U. Looks like double V. Neither has anything to do with wind sound it makes. Wind as in kite — not alarm clock.

C.

Fickle. Perfectly good S and K.

G.

Like C. Sometimes G, sometimes J.

J.

Sometimes J. Sometimes H, sometimes Y.

There should be one sound for letter.

S

Photoshop Central.

T

On 2016-04-22 03:56, swizzle wrote:
Photoshop Central.

Ha! Amen!!
It's killing Tiki Central.

T
T

Those Rally's commercials and others with a close up of a mouth eating, is this supposed to make us hungry?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvECSnqLBUM&list=PL4DuMYiOH4El1BcvRE8eXE_qJSDV3Ap1E
This guy put it best....

grammar nazi1 month ago
I detest this commercial and the male version of it so much that I am taking the time/energy to slam it on FB.
Wow! At the disgusting, crude sound effects. The chic's expression on her face (AFTER she wipes her mouth with her arm) is genuinely ridiculous; she looks as if she has just accomplished some great achievement like graduating from college or something.
She then falls back into the couch in the same manner...gee, I totally ate a cheap burger, ripped the tag of my cheap jacket, I am really special.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 392 replies