Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Mojave Oasis April 20-22 Sold Out

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 378 replies

RD

THE LEGEND OF GERONCHIMPAMO:
PART IV (Epilogue): How ApePache Firewater was nicknamed “The Curse of Geronchimpimo”.

Many outside the ApePache Nation were fascinated by the folklore of ApePache Firewater’s legendary healing powers. Rumors were rampant that it could heal any and all ailments. It was during the Great Depression that a cheap unauthorized bootlegged version of ApePache Firewater took root.

This concoction became the Achilles’ heel of many a moonshiner. Unfortunately, the white “Pale-face” recipients were ill-prepared for its wrath since they did not possess the centuries-old immunities that the ApePache tribesmen had built up.

At best, ApePache Firewater cures halitosis, clears up sinus congestion, and rids the body of tapeworm. (It also kills all forms of ringworm when applied topically.) At its worst, ApePache Firewater is known to cause insanity, internal and external ulcers, blindness, as well as extreme dental decay and gingivitis. (It was also reported to have caused impotence and male-pattern baldness in women.) Many local asylums were caught off guard and were ill-prepared to handle the widespread onslaught of new patients.

Many claimed that these side effects were the result of an Indian curse that had been placed on the drink by Apepache shaman and medicine men. Thus began what was labeled “The Curse of Geronchimpimo” as those afflicted wore the visible scares of their addiction to the sacred drink. In Essence, Geronchimpimo had extracted his revenge from his grave.

ApePache Firewater, “The Curse of Geronchimpimo” available only at Camp Tikipelli during the Mojave Oasis Tent & Trailer Crawl.

On 2012-04-16 18:57, GROG wrote:
Don't worry, there are no BAD spots---except next to Kinny.

sooooo important you needed to say it 3 times!how true!!!

a friend sent me this,
she said she hoped I could see it when I clicked on the link.
unfortunately, I did.
I hope I don't see this, this weekend.
:o

you crazy kids and yer photo shop.

Jeff(btd)

Thanks Jeff! was JUST about to post that....

But WAIT! there's MOOOOOORE!

We will be leaving Thursday after work -see you folks Thursday night!

I'm getting really worried now.
how close is the nearest police station Amy?
:o

Jeff(btd)

LEAVE THE COMEDY
to the Experts,BTD!
:)

Kenny,

I wasn't trying to be funny.
I am truly worried.

Jeff(btd)

J

This is getting too creepy. I'm staying home. :(

it's not like you ever leave that Easy Up and your records during the weekend,Jeff!
If you're worried you can stay at home
and we can just turn on the local radio station
and blare that throughout the park...
:)

Ya Gotta attend John-O!
Will have some LESS Creepy flyers tonight or tomorrow
so STAY tuned!

ok no more Kreepy........ Everything is looking great, see you all soon!

C

Can't wait!!!!

(& you kreepies are WAY kreepier on the internets than you are in person. Thank the tiki gods for that!!!!!)

See y'all SOON!!!

RD

Good News!!!

Camp Tikipelli is proud to announce that shaman Squatting Bull
(the last documented living descendant of Geronchimpimo) has voluteered
to be the master mixologist of the sacred ApePache Firewater. He is
also known to play a wicked tom-tom.

RD

On 2012-04-17 11:19, JOHN-O wrote:
This is getting too creepy. I'm staying home. :(

Into the Volcano with you! :wink:

See ya'll soon. I'll be bringing a hand full
of BB stuff for vending.

My body is at work but my mind seems to be elsewhere :D

Crawl Hosts, I am setting times between 4 and 6:30 on Saturday for Crawl. If you have a specific time, let me know otherwise I know who wants to Crawl and will assign you! thanks to all you are Crawl Hosts! Please PM info...thanks

Amy

double

[ Edited by: Queen Kamehameha 2012-04-17 15:17 ]

TM

wow. some of those images with chimps superimposed onto a native american are pretty insulting. I am not the most PC guy in the world, but is anyone else bothered by this?

http://soundcloud.com/lucas-vigor/sets/set-3/

"yer jus not tuned into the series of tubes yet, let it soak in".

[ Edited by: lucas vigor 2012-04-17 21:06 ]

Personally, i was much more insulted by the Naked Song stylings of Doug Horne....

B

no, no...I think that it might be Amy and I that are going to be a little bit insulting this year. My 47 Aero Flite Falcon is still not completed, soooo we will be tooling up in one of these babies...

You have all those wonderful vintage trailers there and we will be pulling in with this nasty thing that has big ass red letters on it that say "RENT THE F##K out of me!

Knowing my luck, it will have pictures of lighthouses on it too. :)

It could be worse Rick! Before I rounded up my faux retro teardrop, I had seriously considered one of these monstrosities, a U-Haul trailer - You just pick it up in Barstow and tow it the last 30 miles of the trip. It would give you plenty of off-the-desert-floor sleeping space

(Ambien induced spelling corrected)

"And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music" Friedrich Nietzsche

[ Edited by: MadDogMike 2012-04-18 06:03 ]

Hey Babalu, take it easy. I am still searching for the right vintage trailer too, so I will be renting one more time. Ridicule me if you must but I like having a shower, potty and a queen size bed to sleep on. After many cold rainy Army nights sleeping on the ground, I think I've earned a little pampering...

On 2012-04-07 19:24, bigtikidude wrote:

On 2012-04-07 07:50, Krisdrama wrote:

On 2012-04-07 07:40, SPYrateRadio wrote:
SPYrateRadio will be filling the FM airwaves of Mojave Oasis with great music all weekend long! Classic Tiki music, Exotica, Surf, Lounge and Spy-Fi. Listen while you relax, or recover from the night before!

Why would we need the radio when we've got BigTikiDude and his clever musical skills?

Thank you Kris,
I was wondering the same thing.

Jeff(btd)

SPYrateRadio doesn't want to step on any toes! We will be broadcasting 24/7 so IF, and only if, there is no live music or a DJ on and you want something to listen to we will be there. So don't forget to pack your old FM transistor radio and a few batteries!

On 2012-04-17 23:43, Babalu wrote:
no, no...I think that it might be Amy and I that are going to be a little bit insulting this year. My 47 Aero Flite Falcon is still not completed, soooo we will be tooling up in one of these babies...

You have all those wonderful vintage trailers there and we will be pulling in with this nasty thing that has big ass red letters on it that say "RENT THE F##K out of me!

Knowing my luck, it will have pictures of lighthouses on it too. :)

El Monte RV's don't put all that crap on their vehicles. Just sayin.

RD

Here is the more politically correct Camp Tikipelli.

I apologize to all that were offended. In hindsight, I could have easily had made the same points and story with tiki faces rather than using monkeys. I wish this had come to mind first. (Some will still call this offensive and say I don’t get it, but at least would be a bit more culturally sensitive). I am actually trying to celebrate the cultures of the Southwest and South Pacific, not to degrade them.

My campsite will have a cool teepee, Indian drummer, and tikis. I will try to change the drummer to a tiki face but doubt if I can realistically pull it off in the short amount of time. I will make some other adjustments in the meantime as well.

I appreciate that the thread did not become derailed over this issue and hope that it continues that way. Hopefully many felt that I was not trying to be disrespectful to Native Americans and that I just became a little overzealous.

Thank you

RD

Not being american indian myself, I was really not offended personally,and maybe should not have even brought it up....probably you just didn't realized how it might be percieved. No worries. It's just that I know of at least one TC member (or ex-member who still reads the threads) who is native american.

On 2012-04-18 12:37, lucas vigor wrote:
Not being american indian myself,...maybe should not have even brought it up....

EXACTLY!

Buzzy Out!

CA

Are Hawaiians Native Americans??? Hmmmmm? Tiki = SACRED OBJECT... Hmmmm? you got to love TC...

Hey!?! what the??? it's already to be 100 degrees in my beloved desert and I'll be in SF probably freezing for the weekend????

Bad enough I'm missing Marty and Marina back together on stage! yikes...

Someone do a flip off the boat for me!!!!!! have a blast everyone!!!!! should be AWESOME!

Trailerpark Tiki not politically correct (except at work).

We're gonna miss you Al.

If you went to the last San Diego Chop you know I like chocolate and chili together. How about Mayan S'Mores? Chili & Dark Chocolate, Cinnamon Graham Crackers, and Marshmallows.

On 2012-04-18 15:47, crazy al wrote:
Are Hawaiians Native Americans??? Hmmmmm? Tiki = SACRED OBJECT... Hmmmm? you got to love TC...

Hey!?! what the??? it's already to be 100 degrees in my beloved desert and I'll be in SF probably freezing for the weekend????

Bad enough I'm missing Marty and Marina back together on stage! yikes...

Someone do a flip off the boat for me!!!!!! have a blast everyone!!!!! should be AWESOME!

Al, I am hapa haole. Native Indians were here before the white man but were forced to become citizens of the US. Hawaiians were also a nation before the white man arrived but were forced (at gunpoint) to become a territory of the US. So, to answer your question Hawaiians are Native Americans if we consider Hawaii to be America. Actually, Hawaii was a sovereign nation prior to becoming a territory and then a state of the US. But I'm sure Hawaiians prefer to be Americans rather than a colony of the Japanese.

as stated on the website and the first page post by Amy,
I will be spinning music all weekend,
but to get a little bit of a break,
Jonpaul Balak of Tikiyaki and the Insect Surfers
and Eric October aka Tobunga will both be filling in for a 1 hour set
Jonpaul Fri. night after the Insect Surfers sets,
and Tobunga on Sat. around noon.

Jeff (btd)

Hi All tomorrow starts Mojave Oasis2. Can't wait to see you all!
Amy

[ Edited by: Queen Kamehameha 2012-04-18 22:57 ]

Oh winged goddess, lead me swiftly to Mojave Oasis

RD

You read about it, you heard about it, but never in your wildest dreams did you believe it to be true.
But there it will be in two days staring at you square in the eye. Yes,"Tikipelli Firewater" the drink
used by the medicine man as cure-alls of any ailment and widely known to bring forth the
visions of the shaman is about to be unleashed after decades of absence.

For the Gathering at Mojave Oasis, two forms of this sacred libation will be made available.

The first will be mellower version that all crawlers can enjoy.

The second will be for the brave at heart who want to experience Firewater in its true essence.
This version which “tastes like Heaven, but burns like Hell” will only be administered as a shot.

Don't forget to bring something to float on. It's going to be warm and the lake is going to be nice and cool!

On my way to Mojave with in the next couple of hours. I look forward to serving you guy's as I will be bar tending on Friday and look forward to seeing some of the early birds today.......

Let's kick off the season right,Dig?

W

Come visit Doug and I at the Half Vintage Trailer Circle at Mojave Oasis this Saturday!
or Occifer Doug will make you wish you HAD! :lol:

I can't help but notice I'm all packed for Mojave Oasis, yet here I sit, not at Mojave Oasis. I knew we should have driven out Thursday night!

Kevin

Have fun campers!

B

Okay, okay,...I am here at Mojave Oasis...sitting around the camp fire with my wife amy, mad dog mike, and sherrijyaki, and we have decided that Buzzy does indeed need to run for Mayor of Newberry Springs. From what we understand, the high bidder in this town, on any given year, gets the right to be Mayor...soooo....we have gathered $12.45 for Buzzy's campaign contribution.

His new slogan: vote for change - re-elect Buzzy!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 378 replies