Tiki Central / California Events

Mojave Oasis April 20-22 Sold Out

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 378 replies

So Amy, anything happening in October?

DC

On 2012-04-30 11:10, Dustycajun wrote:
So Amy, anything happening in October?

DC

Well Dusty, Rory and I are debating location. Go to Facebook and Vote..... I'm Hoping MO

I don't do FaceBook. Can I cast my vote here for MO?

Where on FaceBook do we vote?

Just voted!

MOJAVE!
MOJAVE!
MOJAVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!
it's where it began
it's where it should stay....
Don't turn this into a clone of all the other events...
this one is special.

TT

Here's a few Saturday pics...

TT

Thanks to Everyone who posted pics, (especially Rum Dog and Tonga Tom)
since I am behind the turntables most of the weekend,
the pics are a good way for me to really experience what happened.

how did I miss this one?

Jeff(btd)

TT

Found some more photos...Drink crawlin' this time.

TM

The immortal doctor ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!!!!!!

With a mixed drink and a beer IN THE SAME HAND! Legendary!

There is a reason he had to invent those little hangover pill packages.
:wink:

Jeff(btd)

And what's up with teachers thinking they need to invent medicines? Dr Z's hangover remedy and Airborne "developed by a teacher!", shouldn't they leave the medical research to physicians? :lol:

TM

Cut the guy some slack...he invented Sex Wax, right?

TT

Hey look, more pix!!!

OMG! I hurt myself laughing!

TT

And 10 more...Before The Tikiyaki Orchestra.

On 2012-06-01 22:28, MadDogMike wrote:

ah.... Gotta Love some Stroh 80.
brave souls.

Jeff(btd)

looks like somebody over did it, then took a nap, and ready(kind of) for round 2.

Jeff(btd)

TT

On 2012-06-01 23:28, bigtikidude wrote:

looks like somebody over did it, then took a nap, and ready(kind of) for round 2.

Jeff(btd)

YES to all the above, but no nap.

Great photos Tom. Good memories!

TT

And...some Tikiyaki & Marina pics...

DZ

On 2012-06-01 23:27, bigtikidude wrote:

brave souls.

Jeff(btd)

This was either our second or third shot of Stroh 80 in a row! (And Babalu pours with a heavy hand...)

On 2012-06-02 14:43, Doctor Z wrote:

On 2012-06-01 23:27, bigtikidude wrote:

brave souls.

Jeff(btd)

This was either our second or third shot of Stroh 80 in a row! (And Babalu pours with a heavy hand...)

you boys are brave souls indeed.
:o

Jeff(btd)

[ Edited by: bigtikidude 2012-06-04 12:51 ]

More Great photos Tom, as always,
but this one says it all.

Jeff(btd)

TT

Thanks Jeff!

One of Tiki Central's own, Heylownine, wrote an article recapping the Mojave Oasis 2012 event for Lowbrow Literati (www.lowbrowliterati.com).

Please show your support and read his article series.

http://www.lowbrowliterati.com/Lowbrow_Literati/Lowbrow_Literati/Entries/2012/6/5_Mojave_Oasis_2012_Recap.html

Great Job Kevin!

[ Edited by: Queen kamehameha 2012-06-06 23:28 ]

Mahalo...I think part 2 will be posted soon. :)

Kevin

On 2012-06-06 22:18, heylownine wrote:

Kevin

Yes can't wait!

On 2012-06-06 22:18, heylownine wrote:

Kevin

Yes can't wait!

Same Here!
Great article and you captured the spirit and the laid back ohana vibe
of these Mojave Oasis escapes...
Beautiful pictures too!
:)

TT

On 2012-06-07 01:29, little lost tiki wrote:
Same Here!
Great article and you captured the spirit and the laid back ohana vibe
of these Mojave Oasis escapes...
Beautiful pictures too!
:)

I second this!

Thanks!

There's a little bit more to come. :D

Kevin

TM

On 2012-06-09 09:13, heylownine wrote:
Thanks!

Kevin

Heylownine, Next time you document this type of event, can you please write something about ALL the bands that played ? Though The Smokin Menehunes enjoy playing at these events (which we did on saturday) it is a long drive for us, and it is quite hot playing in the midday sun for all of your entertainment. A little acknowledgment that we were there, at the event, is that too much to ask for?

The smokin Menehunes are the only band in the tiki scene playing traditional hawaiian music. I understand it is not as popular as the surf rock and garage rock and exotica bands that also play at these events, but we are there too, and have been doing this nonstop for 8 years now. After most of the events, there are usually no mention of us playing, and very few pictures. Not suprisingly, those types of things mean something to a struggling band. Please folks, we come to these events to play for YOU!

[ Edited by: lucas vigor 2012-06-09 15:41 ]

On 2012-06-09 15:32, lucas vigor wrote:

Thanks!

Kevin

Heylownine, Next time you document this type of event, can you please write something about ALL the bands that played ? Though The Smokin Menehunes enjoy playing at these events (which we did on saturday) it is a long drive for us, and it is quite hot playing in the midday sun for all of your entertainment. A little acknowledgment that we were there, at the event, is that too much to ask for?

The smokin Menehunes are the only band in the tiki scene playing traditional hawaiian music. I understand it is not as popular as the surf rock and garage rock and exotica bands that also play at these events, but we are there too, and have been doing this nonstop for 8 years now. After most of the events, there are usually no mention of us playing, and very few pictures. Not suprisingly, those types of things mean something to a struggling band. Please folks, we come to these events to play for YOU!

You got it. I'm truly sorry I left out the Smokin' Menehunes. It was an accidental omission, not intentional. I feel particularly bad because I've done that to you guys on consecutive events. When I posted in the Tiki Caliente 4 thread I missed a mention then as well (though my photos back on page 20 of this thread did capture the Menehunes in action!). My wife and I love listening to you guys play; we parked ourselves in front on the stage for most of your playing time last Sunday at the International Marketplace.

My sincere apologies, and I'll update the story as soon as possible.

thanks,

kevin

Lucas Vigor & HeyLowNine,

I added a picture of The Smoking Menehunes and inserted a small caption. I can't upload the file on TC, but if you visit the website it's there.

The Monitors

Lucas Vigor,

Do the Smokin Menehunes have a website? I want to add a link to you guys on the blog. All I can find is your MySpace page. Is that correct?

http://www.myspace.com/thesmokinmenehunes

TM

On 2012-06-09 15:50, heylownine wrote:

On 2012-06-09 15:32, lucas vigor wrote:

Thanks!

Kevin

You got it. I'm truly sorry I left out the Smokin' Menehunes. It was an accidental omission, not intentional. I feel particularly bad because I've done that to you guys on consecutive events. When I posted in the Tiki Caliente 4 thread I missed a mention then as well (though my photos back on page 20 of this thread did capture the Menehunes in action!). My wife and I love listening to you guys play; we parked ourselves in front on the stage for most of your playing time last Sunday at the International Marketplace.

My sincere apologies, and I'll update the story as soon as possible.

thanks,

kevin

Thanks, man...I really appreciate that!

Lucas Vigor,

Heylownine sent me an updated article and you guys are mentioned. I just updated the site. I also included a hyperlink to your MySpace account to expose people to your great music.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 378 replies