Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Official Tiki Oasis 2012 thread for TO12

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 613 replies

Can't wait to see everybody at Tiki Oasis 12!!!! Stop by and see me at the Finknik booth. Bring the kids!!

Peace with every step.

On 2012-08-11 20:54, Matt Reese wrote:

On 2012-08-11 09:53, thestoked1 wrote:
Los SeaFinks - Tiki Oasis 2012

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eY2gWst0gKo

Hey man, that's my flaming pig from the art show!! Great video. You guys were fun.

Hi,
Not in the band but dig the band and the pig big time!

OPERATIONS UPDATE:
to: ALL AGENTS
re: IMMEDIATE FIREARMS, PROTECTIVE APPARATUS AND HARDWARE RECALL

All agents assigned to OPERATION HANALEI are now required to exchange any and all T.I.K.I. issued hardware for the new Qx14 INVISIBLE apparatus.
There will be no exceptions and agents that fail to complete the exchange before 2300 GMT on 8.16.12 will be released of duty.

From Agent Qball:
The Qx14 INVISI series is that most advanced self-protective apparatus available and is being supplied to T.I.K.I Agents assigned to OPERATION HANALEI only. Upgrade today and receive a free INVISI rectal escape kit (supplies limited)

http://gizmodo.com/5786073/cia-and-kgb-spy-weapons-rectal-escape-kits-turd-transmitters-and-lipstick-guns/gallery/1

T

Little tip for TO attendees: When checking the weather on weather.com, make sure to realize there is a San Diego, TX. We were shocked and saddened when we checked, we saw the weather was going to be 100 and thunderstorms. Luckily, I double checked the next day.

Don't miss Atomikitty and I as we turn into Secret Agent Go-Go Twins, Kitty Moonstone & Miss Intrigue during the headlining band on Saturday night, The Untouchables! 9:00pm sharp!!

Be there or we'll have to......well, I'll just let your minds wander.

[ Edited by: vintagegirl 2012-08-13 16:11 ]

J

Who's excited to see the Barbwires at Oasis ?? I know I am. This is a real big deal.

Here's what Ivan Pongracic (of the Madeira) had to say in Continental Magazine:

"Swedish surf trio the Barbwires' new album Searider is one of the most significant albums in the history of surf music. It is certainly the most ambitious work in surf music in decades. It breaks new ground by augmenting the band with a mini-orchestra performing sophisticated arrangements...the songs abound with spirit and imagination and explode with melody and energy. The album succeeds on every level and sets a new standard for songwriting, performance, arrangements, even sound quality."

What's their inspiration for such innovation ?? I have a big hunch. Here's a picture of the band during a California visit in 2007...

aloha!
my band Los SeaFinks is playing 2 room parties on friday night, we would LOVE to play one/some on saturday. if anyone has a room party and is interested, email me! we are the first band to play in this video. to those who forgot or missed it we were the band playing in the courtyard last year. stoked!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etT8J6y76uY

[email protected]

On 2012-08-03 21:16, babydoe wrote:
Get CREATIVE!! Join the briefcase contest at Tiki Oasis! Drop off your briefcase in the Art Gallery by 12 noon, prizes are awarded at 2pm. Who are the judges? The Agents of Aloha of course!!

I'm workin' on a briefcase :D

On 2012-08-14 12:03, MadDogMike wrote:

I'm workin' on a briefcase :D

You??

Never would I have thought that :wink:

I am sure yours will be edible, can be used as a camper, can be hung on a wall and is covered in a glass mosaic

BUYING OR SELLING TIKI OASIS TICKETS?

EventBrite is managing our ticket sales this year and as of this date TICKETS ARE NON-REFUNDABLE.

To pick up your tickets, you must bring a copy of your receipt or confirmation email and matching ID.
Our registration team has been trained to match the purchaser's name with the name on the ID.
This will help us to get you your wristbands quickly so you can join the party!

and...
We understand that some people have tickets they don't need
and other people want tickets they don't have.

so...
IN ORDER TO PICK UP A TICKET THAT WAS PURCHASED BY SOMEONE ELSE:

SELLER must forward a copy of the receipt or confirmation email to the BUYER and add to the body of the email, the BUYER'S NAME AND ADDRESS as appears on the BUYERS ID.

BUYER must bring a copy of that email showing the SELLERS NAME and BUYERS NAME and present ID .

As Tiki Oasis grows, we're doing everything we can to make sure registration goes smoothly.
Mahalo for your cooperation!

Tiki Oasis OPS

to: ALL AGENTS

from this point forward, all terrestrial synchroniation will be posted in PDT (UTC-007)

OPERATION BALI HAI commences 16 Aug 1900h.
Those not attending EXEC or OPS briefing will be responsible for reviewing the following reports:

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Espionage

Two other classified documents will be included in dossier.
Stay thirsty and seven sailors will call.

Director, COMINT OPS
HB/mm

2 more hrs at work
Then it's off for Rum n fun...

Attention to all Secret Agents:
Be on the lookout for the Tangaroa Triplets. Intelligence suggests they are en route to Tiki Oasis. Do not, I repeat, DO NOT accept a cocktail from these diabolic dames! Rondevu and intercept at the Tiki Oasis Art Show and Artist Reception 2012 . . . . End transmission.

Aloha All,

I have an extra VIP ticket...pm me if interested....

or better yet...email at [email protected]

Mahalo,
John

For the first time!!! Lava Flow tiki mugs!! Collaboration between MP and REESENIK. Find us friday at the preview indoor vending at my Finknik booth. Limited run of 30. First 15 available exclusively at Tiki Oasis. Second run of 15 to be announced at a later date. $50 each limit one per customer. First come first served basis only! Very, very excited to finally have been involved with a mug design, and who better to work with than MP himself? See you crazy kats and dolls this weekend.

Lava black glaze

LavaFlow down the back (pre glazed)

Peace with every step.

C

PART 8
Real Life Spies

The most famous man you’ve never heard of, Alfred Loomis is the central subject of Jennet Conant’s other Sci-Fi Spy book with the extremely long name, **Tuxedo Park: A Wall Street Tycoon and the Secret Palace of Science That Changed The Course of WW2. **

Loomis decided to seriously investigate way-out concepts like time bending, x-ray vision, telepathy, parallel universes, ultrasonography, artificial intelligence, encephalography, atom smashing, brain waves and quantum molecular theory.

Instead of hiring cheap college kids, he did the exactly right thing and hired the top men in every field, raiding universities for physicists from every field, then throwing bizarre projects at them in totally unrelated fields, while having them live for free in a beautiful park setting, playing tennis and fishing most of the time.

It worked.

Suddenly, against everyones expectations but Alfred’s, they got results.

After Pearl Harbor hit the fan, Jennet Conant’s book suggests that at the very highest levels every war and life lost on the American side was planned as a delaying action, a top-secret misdirection to buy time in the feverishly serious secret war to invent the atomic bomb before the Germans did.

Guess where the physicists met to discuss their work?

The original Trader Vic’s.

And Tuxedo Park became the genesis of every high tech park to come, eventually expanding into MIT and UC Berkeley and inventing every spy tool you can think of, from Radar to automatic tracking of incoming missiles to GPS to the atom bomb itself.

It’s absurdly ironic that anti-war vegan friendly happie hippie Berkeley was basically the highest technology arms manufacturer of WW2; ground zero for enriched uranium and plutonium production. But apparently Berkeley’s always been a bit strange...

Don't forget this mission:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LUOw1NrCnPA

On 2012-08-14 23:30, chrisandsarahb wrote:
Don't forget this mission:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LUOw1NrCnPA

This will be great!

And while we're at it, here's another mission that everyone reading this should help out:
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/227150295/lost-in-paradise
I know I have.

T

**Live Music with the Ding Dong Devils
Mr. Moto Himself will be in attendance!
Hiphipahula is Serving up the "Hakodate Highball Modern" with Mr. Moto And the Agents of Interpol **

All Night Long!

http://hiphipahula.com

[ Edited by: Hiphipahula 2012-08-17 15:27 ]

AGENTS OF H.U.L.A. Training Video #2

Greetings again, agents. Today H.U.L.A. will discuss the dastardly evil of our greatest enemies: L.E.I. (League of Evil Intoxicators).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UxupZlFC1Dk&feature=youtu.be

Be advised, as they are extremely dangerous, and incredibly beautiful.

++++++END TRANSMISSION++++++

http://www.facebook.com/agentsofhula

Has your cover been compromised? Do you need a place to lay low for a bit?

Look for the Safe House from 6:00pm to 7:30pm on Friday.

We can provide Diplomatic Immunity.

Look for posters with top secret room location.

On 2012-08-15 12:18, Hiphipahula wrote:
Mr. Moto is Known for:

Jiu-Jutsu and Judo expert (the first in any movie ever to be a martial arts expert)

That should say "First in western cinema" to be a martial arts expert.

I love you Mike!

THE FINAL H.U.L.A. Training video before Tiki Oasis! This time, Agent Tiki Sideburns teaches you the MOST important lesson of all.

Also, this transmission does NOT get hijacked by a tiki-terrorist organization. Nope. Not at all. See for yourself...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jEiANmBRD1Y&feature=youtu.be

http://www.facebook.com/agentsofhula

JB

awesome!!love both bands

Jeff(btd)

New Aaron Marshall Oil Painting, Traditional Hula Girl will be available at Tiki Oasis Saturday 8-18 & Sunday 8-19, in the Poster Pop Booth. Painting is 14.75"x21.25". 1st $1800 will own it! pm or email now if interested

I was planning to come down just for the day on Saturday. I don't plan to buy a weekend pass wristband as I'll only be there for a few hours. Does anyone know if you need a weekend pass wristband to get into Marketplace?

[ Edited by: razorfire 2012-08-17 12:27 ]

[ Edited by: razorfire 2012-08-17 12:28 ]

TONIGHT AT MIDNIGHT!!!!

Razor............ I can find ticket info here. hope you make it down. It is always a good time.
http://www.tikioasis.com/2012/tickets/event_tickets/

Reminder,
Kristena (tiki-tena) and myself Bigtikidude
Will be DJing at the Car show in the parking lot
Of Tiki Oasis sat. 9 am to 4 pm playing a mix of hot rod surf
And spy music.
Also the Los Venturas from Belgium will be playing
2 sets. 11 to noon, and 1 to 2 pm

Hope some of you will come out to the lot to check us out
And the great cars n scooters.

Damn! There is somebody already selling thier TO 2012 mug on ebay for $250. Does this piss you off sometimes or is it just me?

O
Otto posted on Sat, Aug 18, 2012 1:48 AM

On 2012-08-17 20:29, forgotten tikiman wrote:
Damn! There is somebody already selling thier TO 2012 mug on ebay for $250. Does this piss you off sometimes or is it just me?

Sure does.
I sell em for $70

It is so good to be here and see everybody - like this iconic Tiki, and this iconic group of friends:

Great Time,
As I was on Vacation is San Diego since Monday,the girlfriend and I were able to check out Thursday at the Bali Hai and Friday day at the Crown Plaza before we came back to Palm Springs this morning.

Congrats to Baby Doe and Otto and all the volunteers. It takes much effort to put on an event that size. As I looked around and was visiting some old friends I couldn't help but look around and notice all the side work it took to get the crown plaza to that point.

My girlfriend and I loved the flash mob at the pool Friday day.

Enjoy the weekend all you warriors and keep your head on a swivel.

W

It was great meeting you on Friday Otto. That was my first Oasis and it was AMAZING!!! BTW... I paid $80 for the mug at the event... I see that you made the $70 post around 1am, so I'll cut you a break due to the rum. Great, Great entertainment all around. Far exceeded my expectations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have to give Tiki Diablo a shout out for my custom mugs! Man, I can't say enough for your INCREDIBLE work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow the grass in front of the stage was breathing room only when viewed from our balcony tonight...is this a record crowd? Awesome job on the car show Bill. Bands were excellent, especially Tikiyaki at Bali Hai. Spy theme was so fun....thanks for such a great time Otto...hanging till Monday morning. Fun meeting so many new folks.

MH

Derek and I decided to bring Hugo with us on Sunday, since he's been left out all weekend. Here is a photo of him in best tiki wear about to get his spytai on.

Thanks to everyone for listening to SpyRateRadio!!! We overheard lots of good comments! See you next year!

What a great time. Looks like Corona Contessa and I set a precedent for no room crawl bands on the hotel pool side...we rousted security. Sorry for any issues the music caused...and that was only the first song...never got to hear Los Seafinks play....I know they played a room party later that night...how were they??? I wanted to check out the theramin. :)

The theme this year was fantastic...nice job Otto & Baby Doe!!!

Hey Vamp, Came by your Room party just as it ended, Damn it I missed you!
caught up with MDM on Saturday night, Mike was a great "Jaws"

There was a lot of party overlap this year, I was at some great ones, but what did I miss?

C
Cammo posted on Mon, Aug 20, 2012 7:09 AM

Well, THAT was fun.

S

So who was the secret headliner?

Miss Hell...Hugo looks dawgedly handsome!!!

Sorry I missed you ATP...we will hook up later. So many great room parties this year.

I thoroughly enjoyed watching the bands from my balcony with the palm trees swaying inthe wind.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 613 replies