Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

New mug from Trader Sam's?

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 417 replies

C

According to a post on their Facebook page, there could possibly be a new mug coming at Trader Sam's. There are a few comments on the thread about what the mug may be. Has anyone here heard anything further such as possible release date or design?

You beat me to the post! Halloween at Trader Sam's sounds like a plan.

My friend is at Disneyland right now and owed me a favor so I sent him over to ask about the mug. The first person he asked didn't know about when it would be out but said most likely by Halloween. But he waited and asked someone else who was more in the know and got a different answer. The person who seemed to know said that the mug would be out tomorrow. I don't have any details about what it will look like though.

He is going to check again tomorrow for me and I'll keep you guys posted as I get more info. He is going to buy one for me, so I'll have him send me a picture so that I can post that too ASAP.

On 2012-10-25 14:10, lunavideogames wrote:
The person who seemed to know said that the mug would be out tomorrow.

Aha! So this would mean that the new mugs are onsite -- either in the warehouse or in the back room waiting patiently to be released. With Disney collectibles being what they are nowadays, they have probably taken precautions to avoid a premature release. In this case most likely behind lock-and-key in the warehouse awaiting a just-in-time delivery.

Tiki Farm just posted on Facebook that the new zombie mug will be available today. Sorry, I'm at work so I can't post a pic from Facebook. It's blue with black.

Thank you SandraDee

Very cool - and will it also help re-introduce the Zombie as a cocktail to the general public?

I don't see any Disney logo or Trader Sam's logo on it. Wassup with that?

C

Very cool.

Thanks for posting the picture. I also saw the Facebook post from Tiki Farm and was hoping to see if there was more information here.

Does anyone know if this is a limited release or is it going to be a regular item for purchase?

On 2012-10-26 11:53, AceExplorer wrote:

I don't see any Disney logo or Trader Sam's logo on it. Wassup with that?

Bet it is on the bottom.

Holden didn't post the bottom of the mug on FB. (if he did I missed it)

C

Per the Tiki Farm Facebook page, the mug launch has been pushed back until tomorrow

Hope they have enough. I'll be there late in the week.

Me too... I can't be there until Sunday Nov. 4th...

C

The mugs are available.

Chippy got one.

Joe Banks got one too.

Excellent..heading to Disneyland in a hour or so and will definitely be stopping by Trader Sam's for a Zombie or two!

On 2012-10-27 14:18, Chippy wrote:
The mugs are available.

Chippy got one.

Joe Banks got one too.

Tikivato, Rosemary, CeCe, and I arrived at T S's bout 8,'ish. Waited in line half hour ( bar was full) Lot's of folks tried weak excuse's to avoid waiting in line (bathroom, my friend is waiting inside, etc., etc.) The lady at the door was very fair and said no to all, "you must wait your turn".
Didn't know that you could order drinks in their mugs from one of the dining tables out on the terrace til after we were seated in the bar. Still , Sam's is alway's fun.
Cheers
P S, yes, we all snagged a mug, Christmas is closer than you think! They're about $17 including a fairly tasty and potent Zombie, Trader Sam's style. I think that they're $14 for the mug alone. Might be less,??

C

I bought two. One for me and one for HB Tiki because he is on a West Coast Tiki Tour.

$27.00 for two, no discount on the mugs if you are a pass holder, so that puts them at $13.50 each. I think it is the same price as the Shipwreck Barrel mug. Not bad considering you are buying something at Disneyland. And I think you are correct, $17.00 for the Zombie drink and the mug. Now that is a deal.

However there is a strict limit of two mugs per ticket, not per person. But it appears they have plenty unless there was a run on them late last night.

Arrived at TS around 10pm last night.
No wait for a seat at the bar and they have plenty of mugs!

Got mine! We even named them. Zed and Zelda. Couldn't think of a "z" name for the third one, though.

T

Ziggy

Cool Mug. Might Have to get me one of these sometime. :)

C

On 2012-10-28 19:14, TikiVato wrote:
Ziggy

Zackary. Like the old horror movie host.

Vato, I must have just missed you on Saturday. Bummer.

Zacherley

[ Edited by: Hale Tiki 2012-10-29 12:05 ]

P

Aw man, that mug looks killer (literally)! Would anyone be able to snag one for me? I live on the east coast and usually miss out on these...

HT

On 2012-10-28 15:55, 61Tbird wrote:
Arrived at TS around 10pm last night.
No wait for a seat at the bar and they have plenty of mugs!

DAVID!

BK

Hit Trader Sam's last night. They're on their last case of the Zombie mugs.

HT

On 2012-11-01 09:54, Big Kahuna wrote:
Hit Trader Sam's last night. They're on their last case of the Zombie mugs.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! I have someone going Sunday. CRAP! CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP!

Is it just me or are others not too impressed by this mug? Sorry to be a downer, just sayin'

They look better in person.

C
Chippy posted on Thu, Nov 1, 2012 5:56 PM

On 2012-11-01 16:39, Atomic Tiki Punk wrote:
They look better in person.

I agree with ATP. I brought one to Don the Beachcomber on Monday and it was a crowd pleaser.

I was not real excited years back upon hearing rumors concerning Disney opening a tiki bar(ho-hum). I have been a fan since my 1rst visit just after their 1rst day in business. Felt that way when I saw pix of the zombie mug. It looked okay but not as cool as the previous mugs from T S's, particularly the barrel (shipwreck) mug. Got one in my hand last Sat. nite and I knew it was going home with me and would look good in the Happy Talk Lounge ( my home bar). Imho, it's a good looking mug. Btw, the zombie mugs I snagged were all very different variations of the color green-one was almost blue
Cheers

[ Edited by: nui 'umi 'umi 2012-11-01 18:54 ]

Trader Sam's is currently out of the new Zombie mug, but I was informed that it is not a limited addition and that they will be getting more in stock. So... as for collector value... bummer. As for Tiki Farm I'm happy for their good fortune. :)

S

Although i don't have one myself, going by the pictures i've seen i think they look fantastic.
In general i'm not a fan of the finish on the majority of Tiki Farm mugs (sorry Holden). The design can look great but when it is finally released the glaze to me is always a big let down. I understand that the mugs are mass-produced but so are the Trader Sams mugs. Maybe this is a case of a company (Disney) with a large amount of $$$ behind them who expect a high standard of finish and will not skimp on quality.

HT

On 2012-11-01 19:36, whoseyrtiki wrote:
Trader Sam's is currently out of the new Zombie mug, but I was informed that it is not a limited addition and that they will be getting more in stock. So... as for collector value... bummer. As for Tiki Farm I'm happy for their good fortune. :)

SON OF A BITCH!

C

Damn!.. I was planning all week to go tomorrow night to get my mug.. Figured they'd have a lot just like the barrels.. The barrels to my knowledge never sold out.. Thanks for posting the bad news though..

Me too... I've been planning on going this Sunday. Thanks for saving me the gas... I'm not saying Trader Sam's is not worth the trip, but I'm in San Diego, so I need something "extra" to motivate me...

On 2012-11-01 15:09, Trad'r Bill wrote:
Is it just me or are others not too impressed by this mug? Sorry to be a downer, just sayin'

I'm on the fence about it,
not amazing, not horrible.
No room for more mugs, not a lot of money.
probably won't buy one.

Jeff(btd)

A

Hello!
After reading all these posts, I had to mention something that I'm amazed no one is talking about. In fact some messages here lament that the mug doesn't have a logo or anything that connects it with Disney.
Please take a good look of the mug. Now find pictures of the Hatbox Ghost, or the tall Hitchhiking Ghost in the Haunted Mansion... Self-explanatory. Any questions?
Louis :)

On 2012-11-05 21:12, Atomobile wrote:
In fact some messages here lament that the mug doesn't have a logo or anything that connects it with Disney.

Hi Lewis. I wasn't lamenting that the mug doesn't have a Disney logo, I was really just surprised that it didn't have some sort of visible Disney marking. We all know how extremely marketing-oriented the Company is... It's probably on the bottom of the mug, though, at least in the form of a (c)opyright would be my guess.

GREAT observation to tie the mug into the Hatbox Ghost -- he is truly one of the most scary and macabre things ever created by Disney... I hope he comes back to HM someday.

V

On 2012-11-05 21:12, Atomobile wrote:
Please take a good look of the mug. Now find pictures of the Hatbox Ghost, or the tall Hitchhiking Ghost in the Haunted Mansion... Self-explanatory. Any questions?
Louis :)

Totally! Hatbox ghost was my first thought when I saw the mug. Hope they have them when we visit in January! I'll be buying any ceramic item I can lay my hands on in the bar :)

Henrik "VanTiki"

B

On 2012-11-01 19:36, whoseyrtiki wrote:

I just got mine shipped to NY (an amazing feat considering the conditions out here) and I noticed on the underside that it said "1st Edition". While they may be producing and large quantity of these, that fact made me feel a bit better about its collector value. Doesn't matter any how...the mug is cool as heck and won't be leaving my collection.

Cheers,

Bob

C

Has anyone heard if the mugs are back in stock??

I know I should try and get over there anyway, but if they are available that would add a little more motivation.

Just left Sam's, still no zombie mugs. More by Thanksgiving is what I was told.

C

On 2012-11-14 23:59, OnlyATikiLad wrote:
Just left Sam's, still no zombie mugs. More by Thanksgiving is what I was told.

That is good to hear. I was advised via Instagram they would not have any until December.

I'll trade someone a box of twinkies for a Shrunken Zombie Head mug!!!

:P

On 2012-11-19 13:16, SoccerTiki wrote:
I'll trade someone a box of twinkies for a Shrunken Zombie Head mug!!!

:P

Less imposing of an offer now that the Bankruptcy Judge has refused Hostess' Management's request to pay themselves a bonus for liquidating the company and they decided to sit down & negotiate with the Bakers' union! :wink:

I still don't have a zombie mug.

Dammit.

Was in Sams again today and again no mugs. Now they are saying mugs are back-ordered with no anticipated arrival date. :(

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 417 replies