Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

New mug from Trader Sam's?

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 417 replies

C

Per a post on Facebook, there are some more of the Shrunken Head Zombie Mugs at Trader Sam's.

But, the poster also related he expected them to only last for a little while.

Picked up a couple zombie mugs tonight, apparently they are going fast. Still marked 1st edition. Thanks for the heads up Chippy.

Just got two mugs, only 4 cases left. New order due in 2 weeks. 16 cases received on Thursday and going fast.

DC

(edited to add photo)

[ Edited by: Dustycajun 2012-12-03 13:27 ]

HT

DAAAMMMMMMIIIITTTTT.

If anyone can get me two zombie and two barrel mugs, I'll be happy to paypal you the cost, plus shipping AND I'll send you a genuine Jivaro shrunken head, and some other swag, as a thank you.

A good friend went a few days after they were released and they were out. She's out of town for awhile, and I'm dying to get my hands on them, and the $60 that people are selling them for on ebay is just a dick move.

F

Hale Tiki, I may be able to get by there tomorrow night. I need to pick up one for myself and two for my tiki compadres, so if they have some zombies left, I'll def snag two for you along with two barrels. No extra swag required. ; )

HT

On 2012-12-03 14:42, finky099 wrote:
Hale Tiki, I may be able to get by there tomorrow night. I need to pick up one for myself and two for my tiki compadres, so if they have some zombies left, I'll def snag two for you along with two barrels. No extra swag required. ; )

That would be amazing. My trip to Trader Sams was one of many sadly cut on my SoCal tiki tour in August. (Not cut by me, cut by someone who is no longer a friend for that, and many reasons.) I love the barrel mug, and although I would say I'm on the fringe of ETR and Haunted Mansion fans, designing that mug after The Hitchhiking Ghost was brilliant.

F

Hale Tiki,
Apologies for the delayed response. As you have probably guessed by now, all the zombie mugs were gone when I got to Trader's Tuesday night. They confirmed the rumor that new mugs will be delivered this month. One of the Skippers thought they could be in as early the week of Dec. 10th, but regardless they should come in next week at some point.

He also said he expected the new glaze on the Trader Sam's barrell to come in at the end of Dec or in Jan.

Lastly, they got a new temporary Krakatoa mug. They're using the KU mug from Chongolio's new Pacific Islander trio TF came out with recently.

F

I'm planning to be at Trader's again on 12/17, so hopefulyl they DO have some more by then.

C
Chippy posted on Fri, Dec 7, 2012 4:41 PM

Cool Finky, I will be there on the 17th too. My daughters are singing at the park that night and perhaps I can drag Mrs Chippy over to Sam's after they finish. We ran over Wednesday night after a performance to find they were out of mugs too. Hopefully we will see you then.

HT

Well, keep me updated Finky.

I heard they had received more. Guess they haven't received them yet.

stopped by with my other half for a drink. wasn't looking to buy a zombie mug. Still not in and no one would venture a guess when the mugs would arrive. I spied an unfamiliar mug on the "island" behind the bar and I asked The barkeep to let me see it.He said it was the Krakato mug they were using til the Z mug arrived. It was the"lono" made by T F designed by Chongolio. I bought it and two others that were being used in lieu of the z mug. # 2 was "tonga" and # 3 "was" ku", also by T F/Chongolio.
Cheers

One of the barkeeps said he's hoping the Zombie mugs will be in before the end of the year and that was the best I could get from any of the staff on duty tonight.

F

Thanks for the update 'Numi! Let's hope so!

My friends were there this week. Still no luck on the mugs. I have missed them twice now...

C

Per a post on Facebook, Trader Sam's has received a new shipment of mugs.

Yep, they have more Zombies... These were taken tonight (Saturday) at about 6pm...

H

Just got a couple of these mugs. The bartender said they got a huge shipment but they have sold one third already in the last few days. He said everyone is buying them and putting them on ebay to sell. Crazy right? hahaha
By the way I liked the design of the barrel mug the best.

On 2012-12-30 21:12, hiltiki wrote:
Just got a couple of these mugs. The bartender said they got a huge shipment but they have sold one third already in the last few days.

I wouldn't run out too fast now. Bernado told me they had a massive order and they expect it to last around a month or two. He said that the last time they only got 2-3 cases. Still cool to get a hold of more. Doesn't seem like any difference from the last batch.

Sure, the mileage may vary. But it was fairly slow tonight and none other than the two I picked up were moving.

On that note, they're out of Lono's for the replacement Krakatoa mugs.

[ Edited by: tikijackskeleton 2012-12-30 22:42 ]

Seems from the pic that the color of glaze on the latest batch is pretty constant from mug to mug. My wife and I snagged 4 of em on the day they made their debut. All 4 were various shades from green to the blue shown in the pic. Not to worry-We don't buy for profit. One went to my son who got me started collecting, one went to a friend down under, and we kept one each for ourselves. It strikes me as not quite right to grab em up and then make a few dollars off a fellow collector.
Cheers

I've seen them on ebay & they don't seem to be moving anymore. I'm sure if they ever discontinue them, they'll skyrocket, just like everything from the Enchanted Tiki Room. I got one Halloween night, just before they ran out. If you're in SoCal, do yourself a favor & make sure to hit Trader Sam's.

TM

Maybe a dumb question, but at some point was there an orange cyclops mug?

What are these?

[ Edited by: lucas vigor 2012-12-31 13:36 ]

You mean the "Hypnotiki" mug.......Dummie!

F

That orange one's not a TF mug, right? Been a long while since I actually picked one up and looked at it. Can't remember, but I wanna say it was a certain Far East ceramic company.

TM

Not being a mug collector (huge surprise?) I really have no idea about these things. Someone gave me a set of three, told me they were trader sams mugs.....but nope, they are Sam Gambino mugs instead, right?

F

On 2012-12-29 21:53, Kiwi Steve wrote:
Yep, they have more Zombies... These were taken tonight (Saturday) at about 6pm...

Kiwi Steve, thanks for the pics confirming the news! I am going to DD tonight, so hopefully the rumor that this shipment is expected to last a while is true. I was there about three weeks ago and the Skippers told me the next shipment (which they thougght would arrive sooner) would be a substantially greater quantity than the first batch.
Crossing my fingers!!!

Lucas, your not mainlining that snow you saw yesterday? :lol:

KT

I picked mine up yesterday and the colors are still varied. It looks like the ones they serve the drinks in are all real similar, but the ones you buy have varied colors.

[ Edited by: Koma Tiki 2013-01-01 10:26 ]

HT

I'd still love someone long time for picking up two and shipping them out!!!

J
JOHN-O posted on Thu, Jan 3, 2013 6:03 PM

Why is this mug so popular to warrant its own thread ?? I just don't get it !! I guess I'll never really be Tiki.

Anyway I'm going this weekend to pickup Trader Tom some replacement mugs since his got stolen on his family's vacation.

Hale Tiki, PM me your mailing address if you still want one.

S

Haha. Good point JOHN-O. I personally like the mug even though i'm not a huge fan of monsters or shruken heads, which i think this mug seems to be a hybrid of, but i find it strange also that there is 6 pages on it. So far.

What John-O! if you don't have this mug, then your nobody!
Persona non grata!
The scourge of Tiki Central!
Dead to me! Dead to me I say!
Well til tomorrow at least, the shame!

John-o You're so "tiki" you should change your handle to"Juan-Tiki" Besides, the research and input that you provide is immeasurable and this site would surely suffer without your contributions. Oh,I almost forgot-your sense of humor sucks!
Imho, the interest in the Zombie mug will peter out as the formerly limited availability seem's to be resolved.
On another note John-o, CeCe and I just got back to our room at the Palm Springs Riviera, we had drinks at the "Sidebar" one of the two bars on-site. The Barkeep we had is a straight whiskey drinking looker although there is a "fancy smancy" drink menu in addition to a fine selection of American Whisky. The entire Hotel is very "50's". Interestingly,The young lady in the hotel's boutique said that the Poolside bar is "going tiki". I suggested she browse TC cuz the suits don't know where to start. Sounds like an opportunity for BB.
Nuff of this drunken rant.
Cheers,
David

On 2013-01-03 18:03, JOHN-O wrote:
I just don't get it !! I guess I'll never really be Tiki.

John-O, you will never fully "get it" until you've been on the Enchanted Tiki Room.

J
JOHN-O posted on Fri, Jan 4, 2013 9:29 PM

Funny you should say that... :)

And here's a big news flash !! Introducing the limited edition Tiki Mouse Mug...

It will serve up Mickey's Rum Milk Punch...

2 oz light rum
1 cup milk
1 tsp powdered sugar
nutmeg

Yes!!!!!!!!! Where can I score this John-O? I might buy a couple more and sell them on Ebay. :wink:.

J
JOHN-O posted on Sun, Feb 3, 2013 8:18 AM

Man I go to all the trouble of buying and mailing this mug to people I've never even met (and at zero profit to myself) and you won't even post picture of yourselves with this "Tiki" mug (as requested).

You Disney Geeks are a bunch of selfish mug whores !!

Haha. :D

HT

John-O, didn't I send you the photo?
Crap. I took it as soon as I got it.
Please hold.

HT

Sorry about that. Here I am the day I got it! And I turns out someone else was nice enough to send one my way (lunavideogames), so now I have a set! My OCD is quelled, huzzah!

Anyway, thank you very much to you both. These are the second, and third mugs from Disney that members of TC have been kind enough to send me. Part of why I love this community.

Actually just the other night I made a pink, frothy drink that made it look like brains. It was fun.

L

Aloha All;

I've seen it, the next new mug for Trader Sam's. I've seen a picture of it anyways, it's going to be for the Krakatoa Punch drink. It appeared to be lava flowing down the side, with the face of one of the Tiki Room shields flowing down with the lava. No release date, but my gut feeling is in time for their 2nd Anniversary. Also rumored after Krakatoa mug will be a Trader Sam's specific HippopotoMai-Tai mug.

HT

Be sure to get your 1st EDITION Trader Sam's Tiki Mug Barrel before they are gone. Never to be made again in 1st. Edition. They are going fast!!!!

HT

What!? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
I was planning on waiting to get that one until I could go myself.
Frak!

F

Hale, I just sent you a PM..and then I saw this thread still alive and kicking further down the page...ah, well, anyway, glad you finally got some zombie heads!

It's true about the Krakatoas. They had a design for them middle of last year, but they went back for a redesign. I heard through the rum runner rumors that both the new Krakatoa mug AND the second edition of the Shipwreck barrel (which will sport an all-new greenish/blue glaze) will be out in March. AND, that there may be a new Uh-Oha bowel in the near future as well.

Exciting stuff coming to Trader's in 2013.

Was at the Trader again tonight. Asked about the new Shipwreck barrels. Interesting response: they actually DO have some. BUT they are not yet selling or using them.

Apparently, they received one random box unexpectedly recently. They called TF and even the Farm was not sure why they were sent just the one box of mugs. Anyway, it seems an innocent skipper opened the box and started using them, which was how it was discovered. So there may be a few lucky folks out there actually in possession of the 2nd edition Trader Sam's barrel mug, but who don't even realize it.

Once Trader Sam's completely runs through their remaining stock of the 1st edition mugs, they'll switchover to the new greenish-blueish glazed one.

Also of interest, while Trader Sam's await a replacement shipment of Uh-Oa bowels, they are using the new 32oz Clamshell vessel that Tiki Farm recently released, which is pretty cool. I kinda like the shake up (even though it was unintentional.)

By the way, I want to giveaway shutout to the always fun crew making the magic concoctions at Trader Sam's. thanks Skipper Billy and Skipper Bernardo. You guys are awesome and the Navy Grog rocked!

Of course Bernardo is awesome But imho Skipper Ron from Seal Beach is right in there too.
Sadly the new mugs won't be released til May. They were using Tiki Farms "Drew 2003" mug for their Krakatoa punch this evening. Was there at 9:30-11:00-not too crowded til we were leaving. Gonna go next Sat. with my wife CeCe , TikiVato, and his better half Rosemary
Cheers

I was at Trader Sam's yesterday and they had the blue/green barrels for sale. I didn't get one, but I did buy one of the TF clamshell bowls.
How come the shell bowls don't have Tiki Farm on the bottom of them?

TLB, did you get a photo?

C

Thanks Lori,
Now I have to head out there to buy two new mugs.
Lol

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 417 replies