Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

New mug from Trader Sam's?

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 417 replies

Chippy, get a pic!

No, I didn't get a picture of it. My friend that I went with decided she didn't like the Uh Oa Bowl we had ordered to share so I finished it by myself. After that I didn't think it was a good idea to drunkenly lean over people to get a picture. Trader Sam's was pretty crowded with music teacher convention goers yesterday.

On 2013-03-11 11:58, Chippy wrote:
Thanks Lori,
Now I have to head out there to buy two new mugs.
Lol

Wanna go tonight?

C

Want to?

Yes.

Am I able to, no. I am beat.

C

I just received a telephone call from a reliable source.

According to him, the new mugs are NOT out yet. There are still old mugs to be sold before the new ones hit the market. But the good news is they are almost out of the old mugs. So send all your tourist friends to Trader Sam's. Buy mugs.

Stay tuned....

TM

On 2013-03-11 13:31, PolynesianPop wrote:

On 2013-03-11 11:58, Chippy wrote:
Thanks Lori,
Now I have to head out there to buy two new mugs.
Lol

Wanna go tonight?

I can't do it tonight (was there last night, though!) but let's plan something next time you are up for it, Poly.

Weird, because it certainly looked like they had a couple of blue/green barrel mugs in the corner.

C

On 2013-03-11 17:01, tikilongbeach wrote:
Weird, because it certainly looked like they had a couple of blue/green barrel mugs in the corner.

What I heard is there were a few of the new mug brought out by mistake. Perhaps those are the ones you saw.

On 2013-03-11 17:22, Chippy wrote:

On 2013-03-11 17:01, tikilongbeach wrote:

What I heard is there were a few of the new mug brought out by mistake. Perhaps those are the ones you saw.

That must be it, as I was there yesterday afternoon, and the new barrels were not out, I would have grabbed one (or two :wink:

On 2013-03-11 11:20, tikilongbeach wrote:
I was at Trader Sam's yesterday and they had the blue/green barrels for sale. I didn't get one, but I did buy one of the TF clamshell bowls.
How come the shell bowls don't have Tiki Farm on the bottom of them?

Lori, I was there Sat. nite and and Bernardo confirmed what he told me on Sat. before last; "not until May". I picked up one of the 1rst edition tan/brown barrel mugs and another "clamshell" mug. The shells I picked up on both Saturdays are both marked "tiki farm" on the bottom. Hard to see on one of em but it's there.
CHEERS
Btw, when my source gives me the word, I will post asap-Then I will head to T S to confirm.

[ Edited by: nui 'umi 'umi 2013-03-11 22:43 ]

Wait! Does that mean that we won't be hearing anymore episodes from this fascinating saga until MAY !!? I know a reality show production company who was just getting interested...

On 2013-03-11 22:42, bigbrotiki wrote:
Wait! Does that mean that we won't be hearing anymore episodes from this fascinating saga until MAY !!? I know a reality show production company who was just getting interested...

snicker

I will be heading to Trader's around 6/6:30pm on Thursday if anyone else is gonna be there.

FWIW, a couple of the skips told me the same thing about the 2nd Edition barrels about three weeks ago; thought they'd run out of the 1st editions "sometime" in March. I was told they only received one case of the new mugs, and it was an accident since they weren't supposed to arrive yet.

I just smashed the new mug.....to see what was inside it.......I got a mood fish!

HT

On 2013-03-12 23:31, Atomic Tiki Punk wrote:
I just smashed the new mug.....to see what was inside it.......I got a mood fish!

What part of it moved? Was it the head? The tail? Or did the whole thing curl up? I bet it curled right up,lover-boy.

HT

Sven, call in the TV crew!

One of the mugs that isn't available until May...JUST SHOWED UP ON EBAY!

goo.gl/vJVkT

DUN DUN DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUNNNNNNN

J

I know I'm just feeding into everyone's Disney Tiki mug addiction here but Rhonda (TS bartender) posted on her FB page that "New glazed shipwreck barrel available at Trader Sam's today".

People listen to me... Just say NO to drugs !! I mean mugs. :D

OGR

[ Edited by: Or Got Rum? 2013-03-15 04:54 ]

[ Edited by: Or Got Rum? 2013-03-15 04:55 ]

Visited T S this evening. The "new" shipwreck barrel mugs are there only they're not so "new" They have a very nice green with brown highlights glaze and the one I bought is about 1/4" taller than the original tan/brown version. They are both marked "1rst edition". All in all, a cool mug.
Cheers

C

Yes, as related above, the new mugs are out. They appear to be a re-glaze of the original barrels.

A very nice looking mug.

S

Here's a side by side fwiw. I like the more visible on the original mo betta although the heavy glaze on the other is nice. I gave one to my brother tikivato and the green one was noticeably taller and much heavier. Datsa lotta glaze.
Cheers
Btw, take a peek at the "Cobra Fang mugs my wife CeCe bought for me( Oceanic Arts) that I'm gonna post in tiki finds.

C

Great side by side picks of the new mug.

I really like this new mug. It is going to fit in well with the other Trader Sam mugs

So with the anniversary coming up, figured I would check up to see if there was any news. One bartender said that the new krakatoa mugs were ready - having seen it at Tiki Farm's warehouse, I'm excited. But she made it sound like they were going to have to plow through the inventory of the old mugs before the new ones get cranked out.

Anyone else hearing stirring about the new mug?

C
Chippy posted on Fri, May 3, 2013 9:16 PM

Rumors I heard, and I must emphasize these are only rumors.

New Mug coming out May 25, 2013.

It will be the Krakatoa Mug

I hope they are true.

JB

On 2013-05-03 21:16, Chippy wrote:
Rumors I heard, and I must emphasize these are only rumors.

New Mug coming out May 25, 2013.

It will be the Krakatoa Mug

I hope they are true.

The mug part of the rumour is true. I have seen it.

Can't vouch for the date, though.

The Krakatoa mug from Tiki Farm lands at Trader Sam's TOMORROW.

Just so happens I am going to right down the street from Trader Sam's tomorrow! How fortunate!
Thanks for the heads up.

DC

J

Oh No, DC, not you too ?? !! ( :D )

Atta boy, DC!

On 2013-05-24 16:55, Dustycajun wrote:
Just so happens I am going to right down the street from Trader Sam's tomorrow! How fortunate!
Thanks for the heads up.

DC

So will I my friend :)

PP

all us so cal folks should meet up some time at Trader Sam's!! love that place

C

the two year anniversary of Trader Sam's is tomorrow.

Hopefully the new Krakatoa mug will be ready

On 2013-05-24 19:28, Chippy wrote:

Hey did you see Tiki Farm's post on Facebook? It looks like tomorrow is a go...so are you going? :)

Damm you SoCal Tikiphiles. Well not the same, but I threw some exotica on the turntable and did some shopping on the TF site. Have fun all you lucky dawgs!!!

CeCe and I were at T S's last nite cuz Tui and Vaeia were singing on the Terrace. We were told the mugs would be released Sat. or Sun."fo' sho". Fwiw.
Cheers

On 2013-05-24 19:30, SandraDee wrote:

On 2013-05-24 19:28, Chippy wrote:

Hey did you see Tiki Farm's post on Facebook? It looks like tomorrow is a go...so are you going? :)

Got a link for that? I can never find Tiki Farm's page in a sea of that silly app/facebook game that has hijacked the name

S

HT

WANT!

DITTO!

M

Picked up my Krakatoa mug today...it's beautiful! Not much of a crowd at 2:30 and it's a beautiful day to enjoy a drink.

A couple of Krakatoa's for lunch today while down in the OC for a volleyball tournament. Nice mug, fits in your had well.

DC

We ran into a few mugs having a Kampfire...

C

Wow, those pictures look great. Hope fully I can talk Mrs Chippy into a road trip this week.

Any NorCal peeps heading south that could pick me up that mug...it is awesome. Cocktails involved...PM me.

On 2013-05-25 05:30, Hale Tiki wrote:
WANT!

Maybe we need to do another mug swap soon.

I've got a Kowloon mug to trade!

On 2013-05-28 16:07, Big Kahuna wrote:
I've got a Kowloon mug to trade!

I'll trade you. Send me a PM.

DC

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 417 replies