Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

New mug from Trader Sam's?

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 417 replies

On 2014-09-06 14:35, wizzard419 wrote:
Epcot is what you would call a "Fright Supremacist" :D

Oh good lord. HAHAHAHAH :D

Way to stay on message and timetable Trader Sams... :D

So is the new zombie paintjob the LE one or is it some undisclosed one that will show up on ebay the day of even if the actual glasses aren't shipped until November? :D

On 2014-09-09 20:21, wizzard419 wrote:
Way to stay on message and timetable Trader Sams... :D

So is the new zombie paintjob the LE one or is it some undisclosed one that will show up on ebay the day of even if the actual glasses aren't shipped until November? :D

The event description lays it out. You'll get the chance to buy the 2nd edition zombie at the event, but you'll be getting a Trader Sam's logo glass. Which will be the LE glass that you could only get at the event. Sounds like it'll be a lowball glass with the Mahaloween Luau text and date on it.

Very much tempted, even at that really high price tag.

[ Edited by: tikijackskeleton 2014-09-10 01:34 ]

Disneyland, gotta get paid!

K

I registered from 3-4pm as its the only time I can make it before I have to speed home to pick my daughter up from daycare (a good 1.5-2hrs away depending on traffic). Even then, its going to be a very close call without getting overcharged, but hey, you do what you gotta do right? :wink: I'm very excited for this and hope to see/meet some of you there!

I can't make it, but a friend of mine can/will. Eager to see the swag. That print and bag sound great.

And the glass, of course.

And the mug. (less orange that expected, no?)

K

On 2014-09-10 08:09, EPCOTExplorer wrote:
And the mug. (less orange that expected, no?)

Yeah I don't know why/how I got orange in my head...probably would have liked it better but this should make a nice addition regardless. After the zombie, supposedly another Uh Oa.

Orange would have been tacky bullshit, and you know it. This at least looks more like a zombie does in present media. :D

K

On 2014-09-10 20:12, wizzard419 wrote:
Orange would have been tacky bullshit, and you know it.

No, I don't, because when I think of a nice orange inner glaze I think of think of this:

So..... the new mug might be orange after all. The tan/skin tone one has been rumored to be the 'exclusive' glass. Funky, I know.

On 2014-09-11 08:20, kkocka wrote:

On 2014-09-10 20:12, wizzard419 wrote:
Orange would have been tacky bullshit, and you know it.

No, I don't, because when I think of a nice orange inner glaze I think of think of this:

Oh, internal glaze, I thought you meant the mug exterior was orange, which would be tacky bullshit.

I was under the impression that the exterior glaze was orange?

If it is, it could be done well... just not too vibrant. More of a muted tone. AKA: not dayglow.

On 2014-09-12 08:53, EPCOTExplorer wrote:

If it is, it could be done well... just not too vibrant. More of a muted tone. AKA: not dayglow.

FWIW, post from the event blog:

Marcus on September 10th, 2014 at 6:33 pm
The pictured mug is actually the Mahalloween Edition. The 2nd edition is available for purchase that night, prior to the public being able to purchase.

K

I saw that, but had to wonder who Marcus was.

Orange Rocks!

F

On 2014-09-12 09:27, Loki-Tiki wrote:

On 2014-09-12 08:53, EPCOTExplorer wrote:

FWIW, post from the event blog:

Marcus on September 10th, 2014 at 6:33 pm
The pictured mug is actually the Mahalloween Edition. The 2nd edition is available for purchase that night, prior to the public being able to purchase.

When I first read the Parks blog post, I thought the zombie mug in the photo (with the "new" glaze" was the limited edition "glass", with it being available to the public AFTER the event. But, re-reading it for a third time, I think there really are TWO different vessels in play here:

• a boxed special-edition “Mahaloween Luau” glass (with a dated stamp)
  • the zombie mug with "new" glaze, which will be available at the event FIRST, then available to the public subsequently. Same glaze.

If there's actually two different glazes for the zombie mug available at the event, great. But I don't read it that way.

Regardless, I'm psyched TS is hosting this event and look forward to seeing some of you guys there.

K

On 2014-09-12 16:01, finky099 wrote:
If there's actually two different glazes for the zombie mug available at the event, great. But I don't read it that way.

Same. I expect more of a double old fashioned glass. I guess two zombies would be cool but who knows. The 29th is taking forever to arrive!

F

On 2014-09-12 16:13, kkocka wrote:
the 29th is taking forever to arrive!

Tell me about it! Gonna stock up on some stuff tonight or tomorrow and do some cocktail experimenting this weekend just to bide the time.

Cheers, brah! Best to the Kockas!

From what I read, I think its going to be a zombie mug just for the event like the one pictured and then the 2nd edition mug which we will be able to buy. The stamped luau glass is part of the bag of stuff you get as you leave.

Judge me by my mugs, they are an extension of my soul, a mirror of my DNA, my worth as an individual.

[ Edited by: net-tiki 2014-09-13 00:47 ]

On 2014-09-12 22:18, net-tiki wrote:
From what I read, I think its going to be a zombie mug just for the event like the one pictured and then the 2nd edition mug which we will be able to buy. The stamped luau glass is part of the bag of stuff you get as you leave.

Judge me by my mugs, they are an extension of my soul, a mirror of my DNA, my worth as an individual.

[ Edited by: net-tiki 2014-09-13 00:47 ]

This would be the ultimate. Three new tiki glasses/mugs. LOL.

This would be the ultimate. Three new tiki glasses/mugs. LOL.

Agreed! But I suspect the event mug and the 2nd edition Zombie are the same, except the event mug has the event name and date printed on it.

K

On 2014-09-14 13:29, Loki-Tiki wrote:
Agreed! But I suspect the event mug and the 2nd edition Zombie are the same, except the event mug has the event name and date printed on it.

This is what I've learned recently, broken down a bit easier than what the event blog mentioned:

Admission includes:
appetizers & drinks
jungle river cruise expedition bag with a special edition zombie glass
live musical entertainment
...and more tiki surprises!

So that might settle the debate. Whether that includes a different glaze variation for the special edition zombie glass, or if the date etc is simply inscribed, we'll just have to wait until the 29th. Is it the 29th yet?

Why oh why must we wait TEN MORE DAYS!
:-?

So that might settle the debate. Whether that includes a different glaze variation for the special edition zombie glass, or if the date etc is simply inscribed, we'll just have to wait until the 29th. Is it the 29th yet?

Enquiring minds want to know...

I'm trying to remember if they usually do items with dates... I think they don't mostly because of the huge lag time required and the reality that dates can change.

S

I called on 9/15 and they were sold out for the Mahaloween Luau. Called again on 9/19 and they had two slots available for 4:30. Hope the souvenir mug is unique and fantastic!

On 2014-09-19 19:28, wizzard419 wrote:
I'm trying to remember if they usually do items with dates... I think they don't mostly because of the huge lag time required and the reality that dates can change.

They did put the date on the Tiki Room 50th event mug: http://www.ooga-mooga.com/cgi-bin/all/pictures.cgi?mode=view&pic_id=104678&mug_id=6421

So I suspect the date will be a decaled on as well.

That is silk-screened though, which is faster to roll out than having it stamped in the mug itself before firing. They did also set to the closest Saturday afterwards, this is more of just some random Monday (the 29th, right?).

ONE MORE WEEEEK

Time for WAG speculation on swag included with the event: "a Trader Sam print on canvas"

K

Nope, Tiki Tony's art is not the print on canvas mentioned. He made this for Heather Sievers' (Dining in Disney) 40th birthday party invites and doubled it as an unofficial freebie for the first two time slots of the event.

I think he amended to do the last two. Which I hope he does. Because. Reasons. :)

C

Well, Today is the day of the Mahaloween Event. Mrs Chippy and I will be there for the final seating. I hope to see some of you there, even though I know many have the earlier seatings. Cheers!

F

On 2014-09-29 13:18, Chippy wrote:
Well, Today is the day of the Mahaloween Event. Mrs Chippy and I will be there for the final seating. I hope to see some of you there, even though I know many have the earlier seatings. Cheers!

Chippy, when is your time? Me and my gal are at 6.
"CHEERS," if I don't see you there! :drink:

EJ

Hope you all had fun tonight. Let us know how it went. Post some pics.

Print on canvas

Soooo much excellence. Those look great.

Also, I found this on Instagram... was there talk of a new Uh-Oa bowl?!

http://instagram.com/p/tkIgGBPLfa/

F

On 2014-09-30 04:30, EPCOTExplorer wrote:

Yes! They confirmed this is the new Uh-Oa bowl destined for Sam's. Didn't give an exact date, but it sounds like it's whenever their supplies of the current bowl run out. Though, I had a few zombies, so I could have missed it. :wink:

K

Looks pretty generic, no? When I have time, I'll share my thoughts on the event - get ready, cuz it'll be a doozy... =\

On 2014-09-30 10:31, kkocka wrote:
Looks pretty generic, no? When I have time, I'll share my thoughts on the event - get ready, cuz it'll be a doozy... =

I was there at 6:00, I'm pretty sure I know the direction you're going to go lol. We were pretty bummed out by it.

What, you're saying that a $125 cocktail hour (literally an hour, right?) on a rando Monday wasn't as impressive? :D

I think it's great that they WANT to do stuff like this. And that we got some info on new TS developments (here and Orlando) that most people aren't privy to beforehand, but I admittedly enjoyed the time much more after I went inside TS afterward and Kelly made us some drinks.

I want that shirt though!

Did anyone get one of Tony's 4x6 prints? I know they were going to be limited, but I didn't see ANY among the people leaving form the second reservaton time.

On 2014-09-30 09:25, finky099 wrote:

On 2014-09-30 04:30, EPCOTExplorer wrote:

Yes! They confirmed this is the new Uh-Oa bowl destined for Sam's. Didn't give an exact date, but it sounds like it's whenever their supplies of the current bowl run out. Though, I had a few zombies, so I could have missed it. :wink:

Awesome! WDW or DL?

And nah, not too generic... the tiki, at least, looks unique.

On 2014-09-30 12:45, finky099 wrote:
Did anyone get one of Tony's 4x6 prints? I know they were going to be limited, but I didn't see ANY among the people leaving form the second reservaton time.

My friend went to the last showing and said he got one for me. :)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 417 replies