Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

New mug from Trader Sam's?

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 417 replies

KS

New Krakatoa mug sold out last night. More ordered, but no one knows when they will arrive...

well then, that escalated quickly.

J

If there are any Trader Sam's regulars here, who are friends or acquaintances with Rhonda Kiss...

And you are not in her Facebook network, please PM me. :)

And NO this has nothing to do with obtaining sold out mugs, I just figured Trader Sam's regulars follow this thread.

G
GROG posted on Tue, Jun 11, 2013 10:51 AM

You're on the wrong website, John-O. You need to go to Stalker Central.

It's a good & tiki thing about Rhonda! :)

ATP, if you're trying to find out the location of her secret tiki tattoo, then I'm sure her friends will put up a bit of resistance...!!!

Well I do know where her secret tiki tattoo will be this Friday :)

On 2013-06-09 13:57, Kiwi Steve wrote:
New Krakatoa mug sold out last night. More ordered, but no one knows when they will arrive...

Wuz der las nite. Dey got plenny,
They also have a nice Squid/Thor/TF bowl available.
Cheers

HT

On 2013-06-13 06:44, nui 'umi 'umi wrote:

On 2013-06-09 13:57, Kiwi Steve wrote:

Wuz der las nite. Dey got plenny,
They also have a nice Squid/Thor/TF bowl available.
Cheers

That bowl is awesome. Same goes as always. If anyone is willing to send out a bowl...please let me know what it'll take.

Also, did anyone send me a mug and didn't get a proper thank you from me? I'm eternally grateful for everyone out California way who has been willing to get mugs for me. So thank you again.

Here's the new temporary bowl...

HT

LOVE THAT BOWL. So much better than their last one. Really great design. It's on the have to have list for sure.

Are these bowls available for purchase anywhere via the Internet?

S

On 2013-06-13 21:41, Kiwi Steve wrote:

What does "Temporary Bowl" mean? EXTREMELY limited? Not actually Disney? Available elsewhere besides Disney? Should I go there right now?

HT

On 2013-06-14 09:48, spy-tiki wrote:

On 2013-06-13 21:41, Kiwi Steve wrote:

What does "Temporary Bowl" mean? EXTREMELY limited? Not actually Disney? Available elsewhere besides Disney? Should I go there right now?

RUN! RUN THERE NOW! AND GRAB ME ONE (please)! (Can you tell I like the bowl?)

This isn't a Disney exclusive. It's just a temporary bowl (like the clamshell bowl) that they are using until they get another shipment of their usual Uh Oa! bowls. I don't think it's a limited edition, but I haven't done any research on it...

It's not a new bowl: http://www.ooga-mooga.com/cgi-bin/all/mug.cgi?mode=view&mug_id=3493

One of Squid's defunct Castaway Ceramics pieces. Interesting that they found enough NOS of these to use. The original Uh Oa! bowl they used from opening until the custom TF bowl was another Castaway piece: http://www.ooga-mooga.com/cgi-bin/all/mug.cgi?mode=view&mug_id=3492

I was told by the bartender that they wanted to go with a design that was closer to their original bowl... That's why they chose this one...

EJ

That is a nice bowl. I would love to have one for the collection.

HT

So far, Castaway Ceramics can do no wrong. I would love to see more come from them, and Squid. I didn't like the Spirit Hut at first. Then I saw one in person. I love that mug.

. Hope the rumor control police don’t come for me. Last night at TS’s I heard from a reliable source that a new mug May be released in 2014. Don’t know the theme or which drink it will be designed for, Anybody got anything?
Cheers

K

I heard the same, but thought it was February. Either way I'd say between Feb-May we can expect something. :wink:

There very well may be some new glaze editions down the road and perhaps a new design but nothing for a little while - it's all being worked out.

On 2013-12-29 13:35, MakeDaMug wrote:
There very well may be some new glaze editions down the road and perhaps a new design but nothing for a little while - it's all being worked out.

Keep em coming Holden!

T

Does anyone know of the Uh Oa bowl is available right now? I'm planning to go to Trader Sam's tonight!

On 2014-01-10 16:59, Tikifrog wrote:
Does anyone know of the Uh Oa bowl is available right now? I'm planning to go to Trader Sam's tonight!

They had plenny last week.
Have fun!

T

We will! Thank you nui 'umi 'umi

TM

On 2013-05-25 17:40, Dustycajun wrote:
A couple of Krakatoa's for lunch today while down in the OC for a volleyball tournament. Nice mug, fits in your had well.

DC

I have 4 of them.

BK

On 2014-01-10 19:17, lucas vigor wrote:

On 2013-05-25 17:40, Dustycajun wrote:
A couple of Krakatoa's for lunch today while down in the OC for a volleyball tournament. Nice mug, fits in your had well.

DC

I have 4 of them.

Hope they are around through Feb. My folks are heading down there, I will have to have them pick me up one.

K

You know, for the longest time I have stated that I don't like those Krakatoa mugs/had no desire for one...but now I'm sorta wanting one.

TM

They look really good in person...at home, I add the glowing red ice cube to compete the effect!

F

FYI - Was there on Saturday and they had ALL their signatures mugs back in stock, as well as both the long and short swizzles.

Does Sam's usually release a new mug for their anniversary? Eager to have a new face on the shelf... :)

K

On 2014-05-13 07:22, EPCOTExplorer wrote:
Does Sam's usually release a new mug for their anniversary? Eager to have a new face on the shelf... :)

Its not a given that the anniversary will spell a new mug. There's a possibility that there might be a mug for Passionate Python, or perhaps I read too much into some innuendo, haha. Either way we should be getting a new mug this year.

Tiki Farm really need to get on the social media scene, you can go to them for a free tour and see what's being worked on but the releases are way too word-of-mouth.

On 2014-05-13 11:34, kkocka wrote:

On 2014-05-13 07:22, EPCOTExplorer wrote:

Its not a given that the anniversary will spell a new mug. There's a possibility that there might be a mug for Passionate Python, or perhaps I read too much into some innuendo, haha. Either way we should be getting a new mug this year.

I REALLY hope so. Tiki Farm and Disney make a great team.

On 2014-05-13 12:57, wizzard419 wrote:
Tiki Farm really need to get on the social media scene, you can go to them for a free tour and see what's being worked on but the releases are way too word-of-mouth.

Agreed. They need, at the very least, a mailing list.

They've got one of those, when they did the release/announce of the pendants they said the first 10 to call would get one for free.

T

I was there 3 weeks ago and the waitress told me they're working on a mug for the HippopotoMai-Tai, but it didn't sound like it was going to be released any time soon.

I don't know if they actually have a fixed schedule for new restaurant-unique mugs tied to the anniversary. I think first it was the barrel v1 and the bowl (the other mugs and such were already around), then for a Halloween they added the zombie mug to the collection, at some point the v2 of the barrel came along, and the unique Krakatoa mug came about last year around the anniversary.

On 2014-05-13 16:27, wizzard419 wrote:
They've got one of those, when they did the release/announce of the pendants they said the first 10 to call would get one for free.

Pendants!? I had no idea.

Nice about the Hippo mug. I think they've been using the Polynesian goblet for that.

K

On 2014-05-14 06:28, EPCOTExplorer wrote:
Nice about the Hippo mug. I think they've been using the Polynesian goblet for that.

Its a generic tiki mug made by Lancaster Colony. I'm sure most of the members here have owned it at one point in time. It comes in clear and a variety of frosted colors like brown, black, etc. http://www.wasserstrom.com/restaurant-supplies-equipment/Product_403060 Hell you can find it at your local Red Robin if you dare order what they call a "mai tai."

They don't sell V1 of the barrel mug anymore, right? I am kind of curious as to why they swapped from the sharper one to the under-water glaze? I'm guessing it might have just help up better during normal use.

R

Pendants are a Tiki Farm item not Trader Sams. Lots to come from Tiki Farm .Not knowing makes you want it more..:)

We were talking about tiki farm, though I would say Trader Sams needs to start suckling on the social media teat since it appears that all coverage for them is second hand from visitors and general DLR people.

On 2014-05-14 20:01, wizzard419 wrote:
We were talking about tiki farm, though I would say Trader Sams needs to start suckling on the social media teat since it appears that all coverage for them is second hand from visitors and general DLR people.

The Disney Parks Blog is usually where I find out about new Trader Sam's, Enchanted Tiki Room and Adventureland merchandise. It's "the official blog for the Disneyland Resort, Walt Disney World Resort and Disney Cruise Line."
You can like them on Facebook or sign up to get their emails.

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/

Yeah, I know about the blog, and it mostly sucks in terms of being able to filter content, while it does timely updates most of it may not be relevant to one's interest.

That and they have a tendency to be too wordy but leave out important info, which leads to the same question being asked 50 times in the comments section.

On 2014-05-14 12:42, kkocka wrote:

On 2014-05-14 06:28, EPCOTExplorer wrote:

Its a generic tiki mug made by Lancaster Colony. I'm sure most of the members here have owned it at one point in time. It comes in clear and a variety of frosted colors like brown, black, etc. http://www.wasserstrom.com/restaurant-supplies-equipment/Product_403060 Hell you can find it at your local Red Robin if you dare order what they call a "mai tai."

Ahhh. there's a vintage version of that one, too. Frosted, heavy as hell, and has POLYNESIAN VILAGE with the little tiki logo silk screened on.

On 2014-05-15 08:34, tikilongbeach wrote:

On 2014-05-14 20:01, wizzard419 wrote:

The Disney Parks Blog is usually where I find out about new Trader Sam's, Enchanted Tiki Room and Adventureland merchandise. It's "the official blog for the Disneyland Resort, Walt Disney World Resort and Disney Cruise Line."
You can like them on Facebook or sign up to get their emails.

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/

The "blog" is mostly PR spin for WDC. I rely on Twitter to get my news about the parks and about Sam's…

(Same username for me on here as I am on there… I RT most of the important news. :) )

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 417 replies