Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Trader Sam's - Orlando

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 491 replies

I understand that Trader Sam's will be built in Orlando as a result of the popularity of Sam's in Anaheim. This would address the need for more options which appeal exclusively to adults. Disney is slowly releasing information about re-development of their Orlando Downtown Disney/Pleasure Island property with various new themes, shopping, dining, and restaurants. I understand that an announcement to the press is imminent. This is the result of planning which has been underway for quite a while and will be fleshed-out under the leadership of a new executive-in-charge who came from the Disney Cruise Line. This executive has a very good grasp of how to create and blend things for families, adults and children.

Portions of the Downtown Disney complex will be renamed to "Disney Springs." Pleasure Island will be renamed to "The Landing" and will have nautical elements and theming. The extent of renaming is not entirely clear yet - at this time we expect to see Downtown Disney, Disney Springs, and The Landing. More "official" details are coming soon, and leaks have started happening here-and-there. These are highly anticipated changes due to the 5-year dormancy of Pleasure Island.

Schussler Creative is widely expected to be involved in developing one or more of the new venues. They are known to have had a fair amount of success with Disney execs and planners over the past 10 years and both companies have a good and well-established relationship.

Here is a photo of the second of two logo boards for the project. There are some "placeholder" names in here, and some things will certainly change. But note the presence of the Trader Sam's logo. This is certainly something we can be excited about.

HT

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! What are the chances it'll be done by Hukilau? haha That would be amazing.

TM

Awesome! Trader Sam's is one of the only fully modern tiki bars around, and I think the one at Disneyland gets it right....perfect decor, lighting, drinks, etc...and they have Tikiyaki Orchestra music playing quite frequently!

They just started filing permits. Then they have to complete design reviews, if not already completed. Then demolition. Build parking garages. Move and install utilities. Build stuff. And on and on and on. It sounds like they have enough work to take them well into 2014. It may be done in phases. The good news is that WDW is their most profitable of all the parks and the current location, despite how little it offers, is always jam-packed with people looking for things to do. So the development will follow the crowds in this case. And time is money. So I suspect they will move as quickly as they can starting in the next month or so.

I'm looking forward to the possibility of unique "Florida-only" mugs. :lol:

dang, too bad Jimmy Buffet is already signed up with Universal Studios... :::ducks:::

Wow! I'm not terribly surprised, but I AM looking forward to seeing it when it's open. Just like Disneyland though, I'll always have a special fondness for the original...

I agree. But this would likely be very different -- WDW draws more visitors than the Disneyland Resort, so we should expect larger, splashier, and distinctly unique from its California counterpart. Personally, I enjoy the smaller and more intimate-feeling tiki environments, and I am hoping that with "largeness and profitability" we will also see intimacy preserved or at least available in certain sections for those who desire to have conversations without yelling. Especially for those times when you want to slow down and relax and savor a good cocktail.

X

YES!

T

After having a terrible undrinkable "so called", Mai-Tai @ WDW OHana's then going to Trader Sam's @ DL for a Zombie. Well, they can not build a Trader Sam's fast enough in Orlando, because the bar at OHana's needs to sink into the quick sand! Thortiki

Here is a recent press release about Disney Springs:

http://d23.disney.go.com/news/2013/03/disney-unveils-vision-for-disney-springs/

And here's the "official" announcement by Disney's Tom Staggs on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=oxcAhYEDm3s

The real question to me, given the themed areas shown in the video, is WHERE would such a place fit? It seems that it would have to be different in some ways from the Anaheim version.

Nothing is official until it's built, and it would be a shame-on-them to show those logos especially when the logo boards depict several trademarked names. Still, things can change at any time. But Trader Sam's has many fans within The Walt Disney Company, including within Imagineering. So there is hope.

I'm going to sit back and watch and wait -- with fingers crossed. Only time will tell what REALLY happens. Good cocktails on Disney property would be a pleasant development, and even more so with their incredible talent for theming.

HT

I loved the model. I have a soft spot for architectural models, and they really did a bang up job.

Nice model, I think. It would have been nice if they would have showed it a bit rather than focusing on people talking. Low volume and poor camera work make it seem kind of like a wasted opportunity. It does look to be a nice addition to the resort though..

Yup, the model was impressive. I have never seen a model lit to appear "animated" in that way.

As more information leaks out about the redevelopment of the property, I have seen that a few people are completely poo-pooing the idea of Trader Sam's ever being built there. I have looked for, and have not yet found, any of the things which they are referring to in support of that claim. And we know positively that the company has acknowledged the need to provide things for adults to do. I'm keeping an eye on this - it would be very cool to get Trader Sam's in Florida.

F

For what it's worth, the staff at Trader Sam's at DLR are aware of plans to build the Orlando cousin. So, when/how it ever gets built at WDW, I think we can all agree that the plans for build an East Coast cousin to trader Sam's IS for real. And, when there's a sponsor like Disney seeking to expand or create something like Trader Sam's in second locale- well, frankly, that's just exciting for any fan of tiki.

I'm excited!

Although I was in Orlando this year and have no plans to go back anytime soon flights to FL from NJ are a lot cheaper than NJ to CA!

Woo-hoo!

Wow!! That was cool. I love Trader Sam's. Awesome if they get one in there at Florida.

I just posted a comprehensive recap of all the news (and rumors) about Disney Springs, with an emphasis on Trader Sam's.

An excerpt:
It could certainly fit into the area’s water theme, perhaps skewed a bit more toward Sam’s adventures in turn-of-the-century Florida. Disney Springs will include four outdoor “neighborhoods” connected by a flowing spring and vibrant lakefront. Fans of the Adventurer’s Club are eagerly awaiting further details, hoping for more than just a tribute to the nightclub that was styled after a private club for world travelers and explorers in the 1930s. Could the Disney Springs version of Trader Sam’s also include some of the old cast performing in a dinner show? Hopefully the same warehouse that yielded many of the Adventurer’s Club artifacts in the Anaheim Trader Sam’s is still loaded with treasures. It will be interesting to see if and how this develops.

http://www.slammie.com/atomicgrog/blog/2013/03/27/is-trader-sams-enchanted-tiki-bar-in-the-mix-for-the-re-imagined-downtown-disney/

The latest reports now seem to now point to the Polynesian Resort as the likely location of Trader Sam's at Disney World ...

http://www.slammie.com/atomicgrog/blog/2013/07/31/trader-sams-enchanted-tiki-bar-one-of-many-changes-likely-coming-to-disneys-polynesian-resort/

Good article, HH. That could be both good and bad news.

Good news because the Polynesian would really benefit from a "Trader Sam's-magnitude" bar upgrade. The Tambu Lounge has not been much of a draw for me, for some reason the cocktails have not been very impressive. I will have to give the Backscratcher another try, though, since it seems to be a fave of yours and I respect your opinion. :)

Bad news because anything at the Polynesian means you would have to observe Disney parking policies. In this case, to park for free, you would have to stop at the usually very-friendly guard shack, show ID, and tell them you're there to visit a restaurant. That would not be such a bad deal, though, if they decide to start charging for parking at the new Disney Springs. As long as Disney remains friendly to the non-overnighting guests, I would be alright with it. I don't want to run up a bar tab AND have to pay Disney another $15 to park my car.

Again, good article, thanks for sharing here. We really need a Trader Sam's in Orlando. It helps take a very tiny bit of the sting out of losing the Adventurers Club which I understand was collateral damage in the overall Pleasure Island closing.

T

Locating the WDW Trader Sam's @ the Poly is a GREAT idea theme, atmosphere the works. They could expand Ohana's floor area & do away with the Tambu Lounge (POOR drink quality). It would be hoped that Disney management at WDW will maintain the same standards of the original Trader Sam's at Disneyland.

Resort vs. Downtown
Trader Sam's in Anaheim is located at a hot spot and I understand that it gets very crowded. Placing Trader Sam's Orlando at the Polynesian Resort would tend to keep it from the Downtown Disney/Disney Springs crowds and make it more of a "resort" experience. I think that will make it less busy and more enjoyable. I also think that even the best tiki places lose some lustre when they are jam-packed with people, so that's another advantage (to my way of thinking) by placing Trader Sam's at the Polynesian Resort. I do enjoy good cocktails in a pleasant environment - without too much "crowd noise" - which allows me to drink and enjoy the company of my friends and guests. That's one of the reasons I made the commitment to having a home bar.

I will very likely be visiting Trader Sam's Anaheim for the first time during the week of August 18th, 2013. I'm looking forward to the experience and to seeing some of the Adventurers Club memorabilia which has been carefully placed inside.

[ Edited by: AceExplorer 2013-08-05 05:46 ]

T

Trader Sam's @ Disneyland is located behind the Disneyland Hotel & is attached indirectly to DL's DTD, so you have to seek it out. They give 3 hour free parking in the general DTD parking lot. TS @ DL is SMALL, but they can serve both in & outside. Would like to know the size they are proposing for the potential TS @ the Poly WDW??? The second time we went to TS @ DL the bartender doing our drinks told us he worked a year prior at the Tambu Lounge at the Poly, we FROZE!!! Yes, the drinks turned out to be so so compared to our first visit.

AceExplorer,

You have some good thoughts the pros and cons of Trader Sam's at the Polynesian vs. Disney Springs (Downtown Disney). I was going to get into that on the blog, but I thought I'd save it for a future post.

Yes, the crowds and riff raff that a Disney Springs location would attract could definitely detract from the experience. Not to mention the clueless tourists who just wander in. So a Polynesian location would certainly give it more of an "in-the-know" crowd.

My feeling is that's not really a consideration, however. Most likely the resort simply needs some new features to "plus" the experience for upcoming DVC members. I wouldn't be surprised to see a new restaurant concept introduced as well.

The parking fee is certainly a turn-off for those not staying on WDW property, I agree. Have you tried the bus from Downtown Disney? It's free, but you run the risk of getting stuck in the evil vortex of the Disney transportation system.

Please regale us with a report on your Trader Sam's experience.

My husband and I will be in Orlando a month from now-- curious to see what is the situation by then. Hmmm!???!?!?!

Tiki-kitty,

From what I've heard, the first thing to happen will be the closing of two of the Polynesian's longhouses for conversion to DVC. This could start as early as September.

In early 2014, work could begin on the pool and Great Ceremonial House. It will be interesting to see how fast the work proceeds. Disney tends to keep the disruption to guests minimal, but this one will be tough.

X
xtine posted on Fri, Aug 9, 2013 5:36 PM

I hope the work on the GCH doesn't take away from the charm. I would hate to see the water feature go since its such a standard item to see in a Polynesian themed place. If a huge Lilo and Stitch statue were to go up in its place I would definitely cry.

On 2013-08-09 17:36, xtine wrote:
If a huge Lilo and Stitch statue were to go up in its place I would definitely cry.

xtine, there is a precedent in Orlando that indicates Disney knows not to do this in their higher-end resorts. None of the other high-end resorts like Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Grand Floridian, etc. feature Disney characters but instead showcase a unique and grand architectural design. Yours is a good point, and I would cringe too if that were to happen. I don't think we would see Pop Century stuff in the Polynesian, and I'm optimistic that the re-imagining will be a positive updating of a grand and glorious resort.

For one rarely-discussed and amazing example of Disney's penchant for great resort architecture, check out Disney's Grand Californian in Anaheim and also the Aulani resort in Hawaii.

K

I hate to sound greedy, but being in SoCal I wish we could avoid a Trader Sam's location in Florida altogether. I know Team Disney Orlando gets a lot of flack for taking shortcuts and cheapening experiences, as well as disliking water features for whatever reason. Removing The Polynesian Resort's water feature really is a downer, although some regulars say that its not exactly the freshest smelling area of the hotel. When I visited in January there were no complaints from me.

And yes, I believe it was Cristian that bartends at Trader Sam's and was once part of the Disney College Program in Florida. He was likely at Tambu Lounge.

P

yes! by all means don't put anything HERE that doesn't meet your SOCAL STANDARDS.... in fact, NEW RULE!!! we should have NOTHING TIKI OUTSIDE OF CAL... lol... whatever... (rolling eyes)... you people crack me up...

anyway, Hayward, it was nice meetin' you at the hukilau bro (surf soul tiki)... do you have any of those people's contact info or anything?

if they're lookin' for tikis locally, obviously I'd like to throw my name in the hat...

[ Edited by: pjc5150 2013-08-15 14:39 ]

"I hate to sound greedy, but being in SoCal I wish we could avoid a Trader Sam's location in Florida altogether."

Uhhh Why is that?

On 2013-08-17 10:20, Masher88 wrote:
"I hate to sound greedy, but being in SoCal I wish we could avoid a Trader Sam's location in Florida altogether."

Uhhh Why is that?

My guess is that Trader Sam's is so unique and fun, "greedy" is meant as in keeping such a gem from spreading beyond his own backyard.

I'm in Orange County now and hope to hit Sam's in Anaheim at least once sometime over the next few days. I'm really looking forward to it.

M

"My guess is that Trader Sam's is so unique and fun, "greedy" is meant as in keeping such a gem from spreading beyond his own backyard."

Heaven forbid that something cool is somewhere other than California.

[ Edited by: Masher88 2013-08-18 05:33 ]

On 2013-08-14 12:15, kkocka wrote:
I hate to sound greedy, but being in SoCal I wish we could avoid a Trader Sam's location in Florida altogether. I know Team Disney Orlando gets a lot of flack for taking shortcuts and cheapening experiences, as well as disliking water features for whatever reason. Removing The Polynesian Resort's water feature really is a downer, although some regulars say that its not exactly the freshest smelling area of the hotel. When I visited in January there were no complaints from me.

"I hate to sound greedy..."
Sorry- your comment did exactly that: made you sound greedy!

On 2013-08-14 12:15, kkocka wrote:
I hate to sound greedy, but being in SoCal I wish we could avoid a Trader Sam's location in Florida altogether.

On 2013-08-18 05:49, Tiki-kitty wrote:
"I hate to sound greedy..."
Sorry- your comment did exactly that: made you sound greedy!

Wow. Lay off the guy. He's simply happy and proud and in a way "protective" of having something very cool and unique in his backyard. Don't read a bunch of crazy stuff into what he said -- I think many of us would feel the same way about having something very cool and fun and tiki near where we lived as well.

kkocka, you're new here, glad you're plugging in to the Tiki Central community, please keep your thoughts and comments coming. You're very welcome here, and I think that I totally get what you're saying. Hell, I spent money and flew cross-country and added this to my list of "must-do" things while I'm out here. It's looking like I'll be at Trader Sam's on Monday evening, then maybe once again on Thu, Fri or Sat. Come out and help me select a couple mugs to buy and take home. I'm feelin' a little mug-buying "greediness" coming on and I want to rub it in to those who have to mail order their Trader Sam's mugs! haha...

I'm not trying to pick fights or anything (this is the last place that I wanna argue with people), but it does come off as rude that someone would blatantly not want more tiki destinations to pop up in places that aren't right near them....especially 3000 miles away on the other coast. I mean, who cares? The more tiki stuff, the better. Everyone else in this thread is pretty excited about Disney opening another tiki bar in it's sister park. Why the jealousness?

I'm in Cleveland, OH. Try living in a place where there are NO tiki bars at all. There's a small community of people here who are into it, but we have no where to go. We get by with making tiki events at regular bars or having parties at our houses. The closest thing is Pittsburg where I hear they have a decent bar...but that's 3 hours from us. Just recently, someone from here is opening a tiki bar and we are all elated. Is Kkocka going to be angry about that bar too?

Let's face it, most of the "tiki happenings" go on in California. California has a TON of tiki bars plus all the events. Tiki Oasis, Tiki Caliente, there is even a dedicated thread here in TC for all the "California events". For someone to say that they don't want another bar somewhere else is very odd and not very "tiki like" in my opinion. We are supposed to be a community that is happy when others are into tiki...not jealous because someone can finally do tiki things too.

I'm pretty excited that a Trader Sam's is opening (hopefully) in Orlando. My parents live there and I visit them at least once a year. We hit up the Mai Kai when we go, but it's about 4 hours drive. We go to the Polynesia Resort and have drinks at the Tambu Lounge, but that's not really the same vibe as places like the Mai Kai. It's small (12 seats) and it's in the waiting area for the restaurant. The thought of a dedicated tiki bar right near where I go visit is awesome.

Also, since when does Disney World in Florida "water down" anything? Everything is bigger and more grand there compared to Disneyland...not knocking the original, there's just more room in Florida for a larger scale.

To further my point: Trader Vics is a chain, Don the Beachcomber is a chain, The old Kon Tiki was a chain....many locations..all super cool. Tiki bars, in their heyday, were everywhere. It's not really a "unique" thing. Secondly, it's Disney...that's their MO....expand.

Don't hate when others get to enjoy cool things...it doesn't take away from your enjoyment of the cool thing. Just be glad that others like the cool stuff too.

K

I find it hilarious that so many people are butthurt over nothing-comments. For those who are huge Disney people such as myself, you'll know there is a huge difference in quality between FL and CA. From a lot of Floridians, they'll tell you the same thing - Team Disney Orlando has a reputation for taking short cuts, or cheapening experiences. Now that's a generalization sure, but its pretty true. I have a bartender friend who works at the resorts in FL, and after spending several years out in CA has really grown to appreciate the charm that the CA resorts have and that FL doesn't.

Now the reason why I don't want it in FL is because CA finally has the upper hand on something that Florida doesn't. Consider that WDW has a 30,080 acres of land where as Disneyland has like 160 acres + 67 for California Adventure (quick research), a multitude more of everything - attractions, hotels, etc. Along with Cars Land in DCA, Trader Sam's is a gem. Its small - as it should be - and has an EXTREME amount of detail and hand-made recreations of various props from the Adventureland attractions. A Sam's of the same size in Florida, be it in the Poly Resort or wherever, will not work given the number of visitors. A larger restaurant-heavy Sam's could work, much like a Don the Beachcomber's, but that's not likely to happen. Florida caters to giant crowds and is a prime location among other theme parks - they're competing with a lot of other destinations. They're trying to beat Universal in FL, where in CA Universal Citywalk/Studios is a complete joke. The locals populate Disneyland, not tourists and foreigners.

When you chill at Sam's, there's a lot of feeling of exclusivity. It was built as part of the 2011 Disneyland Hotel renovation and has ties to not only Adventureland and Disneyland, but to the strong tiki movement that was ESPECIALLY popular in SoCal. You'll see mugs that are from Bali Hai, notes to Tiki Ti, Don the Beachcomber, and more as a nod to them. It was intended to be the hotel pool bar. When you look on one of their swizzle sticks, you'll see "The Disneyland Hotel" on them not in the current typeface, but the original hand-set type of when the hotel opened in 1955. So when Florida gets their Trader Sam's, the bottom of the souvenir mugs are going to say "DisneyParks/ Disneyland, Walt Disney World" on them like ay other piece of generic merchandise because its cheaper on production costs?

There's a very cool story about how Disney worked with MarkeTeam to develop the bar and how Disney was given a "safari" of various Southern California tiki bars in part of the research and production. The bar has a strong and well fitting relationship to the culture here. It was a risk, and it proved to be a success. Now Florida is gonna get a carbon copy? Please. They have EPCOT. Let us keep one stinkin little bar please.

Follow me on Instagram
http://www.instagram.com/keithkocka

[ Edited by: kkocka 2013-08-19 10:50 ]

First off, I've met up with kkocka a few times and he's a very cool and very generous guy, so anyone who sees something "greedy" in his post, is seeing something that isn't there...unless they're projecting their own issues into his words.

Second, I can understand his concern about the translation of somethign pretty damn amazing from DL to WDW. it's not a secret that park upkeep and innovation at WDW has not had a great track record over (at least)the last decade. Management there does things with a focus on large international crowds and spending less on "bells and whistles" than it's Anaheim sister property. So, when WDW plans on taking the Trader Sam's concept to their own soil, there are some legitimate concerns about the quality of it's execution. And, I would hate to see something that overall has worked amazingly here in Anaheim be pulled off like a cheaper version built for capacity, than charm. People visiting WDW deserve to have a Sam's every bit as good as the one in Anaheim. Whether it can be done, taking into consideration the things which will undoubtedly go into the planning for its FL location? I dunno.

And, just to be clear for the non-Disney aficionados, this is not a case of "Anaheim" is better than "Orlando" Park pride/rhetoric. Anyone who follows development on both American shores of the Disney Empire knows about the recent historic qualitative difference of Park managment between the two resorts. There are some things Orlando has that are better than Anaheim, but in general, it's not an exaggeration to say that there's legitimate concern for how FL management will handle a Trader Sam's. Perhaps George Kalogridis' presence there will help out sicne he was in Anaheim when Sam's was in development.

M

Saying that he has concerns is one thing...but outright saying that he doesn't want the east coast to have a Trader Sams is, in his own words, "greedy". My parents both worked at WDW for 10+ years. I practically grew up there. Nothing but good memories at a top notch park.

All this could have been saved if K reworded his comment as :

"I have concerns over WDW getting a Trader Sams. I guess we'll have to wait and see how the new one is compared to the original." Re-read what he actually said and how it comes across.

I'm sure K is a great person. Best of luck to him.

I took no offense at a post displaying a bit of possessiveness/protectiveness for a new west coast Tiki establishment that most accounts suggest is doing it right. I have no problem admitting that it is greediness that has me hoping we do get a Sam's at WDW and that management gets it right.

I was a huge fan of Adventurer's Club as an example of something off-beat and quirky that WDW put right in the middle of a heavy traffic area at Pleasure Island but really managed to do well. I'm hoping they can do the same thing with a WDW Trader Sam's.

I

On 2013-08-19 15:01, Sunny&Rummy wrote:
I was a huge fan of Adventurer's Club as an example of something off-beat and quirky that WDW put right in the middle of a heavy traffic area at Pleasure Island but really managed to do well. I'm hoping they can do the same thing with a WDW Trader Sam's.

For those fellow Adventurers who remember the great times...

The Adventurer's Club Creed:

We climb the highest mountain, just to get a better view.
We plumb the deepest oceans, cause we're daring through and through.
We cross the scorching desert, Martini in our hand.
We ski the polar icecaps, in tuxedo looking grand.
We are reckless, brave and loyal, and valiant til the end.
If you come in here a stranger, you will exit as a friend.

KUNGALOOSH!

I wrote a rant here but decided to delete it. Carry on.

[ Edited by: Jsalamone7 2013-08-20 14:24 ]

P

"Let us keep one stinkin little bar please..."

please... you're making sound like we have EVERYTHING here and Florida, and California has nothing... when the opposite is actually true...

K

On 2013-08-21 10:43, pjc5150 wrote:
please... you're making sound like we have EVERYTHING here and Florida, and California has nothing... when the opposite is actually true...

I think the CA parks are more of a "best of" of the four FL parks. Any imagineering updates etc are always applied first to Florida because it has the highest traffic (which can be good or bad, depending on your viewpoint.) Epcot in itself has a plethora of experiences, both dining and entertainment. That alone not only overtakes the square footage of California Adventure, but the number of attractions.

So I think that, going back to my statement, the generalities hold true. You could go into great detail comparing everything, but that's what MiceChat's "Dueling Disney" column is for. If you all could pull the sticks out from your behind and wallow your right to be offended and not take any of this personally, then we could get back on topic.

P

so, you think I have a stick up my ass and I'm "wallowing" in be offended, and I think you're a typical elitist dick.

ehh, fair enough.

I'm done.

I hate to interrupt the East Coast vs. West Coast feud :>) .... but I've got lots of news and info on Trader Sam's coming to the Polynesian. I spoke with Steve "Tikiman" Seifert last week and he gave me lots of info from what he considers very reliable sources ...

Update: Trader Sam’s could be key part of Disney World’s Polynesian Resort refurbishment

New reports have surfaced about renovations at Disney World’s Polynesian Resort that indicate the precise location of Trader Sam’s Enchanted Tiki Bar, plus a subtle re-theming in the spirit of the Disney parks’ iconic Adventureland. The massive construction project that may eventually bring the popular Disneyland lounge to the East Coast now appears certain to begin in September.

A few highlights:

• Work should begin on the Great Ceremonial House (photo above) next year, paired with the work on the pool.

• The view of the lagoon is crucial to the redesign, Seifert said. This means removing or significantly scaling back the huge volcano slide at the pool and greatly expanding the patio area between the pool and the quick-service restaurant Captain Cook’s Snack Company. This is also the likely home of Trader Sam’s (see photo below).

• The layout would be similar to the Disneyland Hotel in Anaheim, where the Tangaroa Terrace adjoins and provides food for Trader Sam’s. Those establishments also share a large outdoor patio.

• The refurbishment will evoke the look and feel of Adventureland and the Adventurer’s Club. Seifert said he doesn’t think it will be too kitschy, but more like Disney going back to its roots with "more details and special touches."

• The Tambu Lounge will likely remain as a service bar for the second floor restaurants ('Ohana and Kona Cafe). But those restaurants, as well as the bar, could see a total re-theming as well.

Click below for my full report, including a recipe for the Tiki Tiki Tiki Tiki Tiki Rum at Trader Sam's ...

http://www.slammie.com/atomicgrog/blog/2013/08/20/update-trader-sams-could-be-key-part-of-disney-worlds-polynesian-resort-refurbishment/

Coming soon to the Polynesian Resort at Disney World?

T

THANK YOU, for returning this thread to the TC related topic with this info update! Thortiki

K

Saw the Atomic Grog update on the Trader Sam's fb page. Well done.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 491 replies