Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

SD Ohana - Meetup Group - Bali Hai

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 293 replies

Ano, we intentionally celebrate our anniversary at Bali Hai- what could be more perfect? Hope you make it!

SK

It looks like I’m making this and am looking forward to it. I can’t stay late because I’ll have my wife and daughter with me. I hope my little one isn’t an unconvinced to anyone. We’ll be the first shift and be out of there kind of early.

Nick

Good crowd so far,
Get over here ASAP.

Jeff btd

I will be there shortly, hopefully in an hour. I hope you are sticking around BTD, I am excited to meet you.

I'm bad with real names and TC names.
Did we meet?
Had a great time at Bali Hai,
Hanging with some familiar SD TC Ohana,
And meeting a few new ones.

Hope to make it back to another Monday meet up,
Aloha all,
Jeff btd

Nope, I guess I got there too late. Next time!

It was another fun night at Bali Hai. We were given a room and we were the last ones to leave.

Here's a fun one from yesterday of the Men in Black!

I went outside for awhile to take pics of sunset, and the city lights.

Love that pic above.
Too hot for vintage Hawaiian shirts.

Jeff btd

Great to see everyone last night! Unfortunately we had to leave pretty early again, but it was nice to meet more new people.
(Hope to catch you next time, Luna!)

Cheers!
Amy & Ted

Aloha TC,

This month we were given the private room and our own server thanks to Bali Hai management. Mucho mahalo Bali Hai! The group keeps growing as we had many new visitors including some out-of-towners.

A big Aloha to our newest guests, Jason, Michelle, Nick, Teddy, Ran, Jeff, Jim, Denise, Eric, Trish, Brad, Marion, Kristena and Sean.

And Mahalo to our regulars, Mark, Jeanette, Derek, Michelle, Adrian, Alan, Richard, Steve, Kira, Ted, Amy, Treg, Emily, Anders, Elena and myself.

Don't miss next months meet up on October 7th. Be there or be square.

Mahalo

Tiki Slinger (AKA) John

[ Edited by: Tiki Slinger 2013-09-03 21:23 ]

[ Edited by: Tiki Slinger 2014-03-12 02:05 ]

SK

I had lots O fun last Monday. Thanks for organizing this John and thanks for the ride Jeff.

Good times with good folks for sure.

Hopefully I can make it out next month.
Nick

Great Times !

S

was thinking of seeing if they would have creepxotica play these> would you guys like that or no? if you guys would enjoy that, i can inquire??!?!?!

That would be cool! Thanks for thinking of us. If not, you should come by and have a Mai Tai.

On 2013-09-16 08:23, sleestak wrote:
was thinking of seeing if they would have creepxotica play these> would you guys like that or no? if you guys would enjoy that, i can inquire??!?!?!

My vote is YES!

IMO it would be killer if you all played one or more of these.

Do It!

On 2013-09-16 08:23, sleestak wrote:

Dave,

Thanks for the generous offer. I know our people are big fans of Creepxotica. That would be an epic meetup for sure. I wonder if Bali Hai would accommodate such and activity for us. Do you have a contact there? If not, I can inquire.

Mucho Mahalo again for the offer,

that would be really cool if we had muzak. Creepxotica would certainly change the vibe

TL

That would be totally cool it would be like a mini tiki oasis

BB

Hi all, was wondering if anyone can tell me if there are any good motels near the Bali Hai, my wife and I are planning a trip and want to check out this place.
thought I would ask this in here as I did not want to start a thread for one question,
thanks in advance, Bevan

T

Bamboo Bev...Check out Humphreys Half Moon Inn...Has a tropical vibe as well and is close...

Lots of hotels around Bali Hai within walking distance. You will also be able to find cheaper ones just a mile or 2 away. Pretty much anything in Point Loma wil be close but if you want to be within walking distance look for hotels on Shelter Island. Hope that helps. Feel free to PM me with other questions on hotels.

BB

Thank you all, Humphreys looks cool. Looking forward to this trip.

Cool! Let us know when you are thinking of going to Bali Hai, if you want some company. If you need any advice on anything else just ask. Have fun.

T

John, confirming Monday the 7th for the SD Ohana meet-up.....?

On 2013-10-03 00:20, TikiAno wrote:
John, confirming Monday the 7th for the SD Ohana meet-up.....?

Come rain or shine and even government shutdowns. We meet till we can't meet no more.

Mahalo,

Tiki Slinger (AKA) John

[ Edited by: Tiki Slinger 2014-03-12 02:06 ]

BB

On 2013-10-02 19:42, lunavideogames wrote:
Cool! Let us know when you are thinking of going to Bali Hai, if you want some company. If you need any advice on anything else just ask. Have fun.

Thank you, will keep that in mind. We are hoping for November but may be January depends on how things pan out.

MR

Hmmmm, looks like fun. Who's going this monday?

M

Roxanne and I will be there!

Looking forward to it.

:)

T

I'll be there later on, post happy hour, most likely around 7. Looking forward to seeing all. John, thanks for organizing once again!

David/ Tiki Ano

Sorry we had to miss this one (stupid work.) Hope it was another good turnout & great time!
Looking forward to next month.

We had a smaller group last night for the meet up, but it was nice to be able to talk to people. Great to meet Monkeyman, Matt and Nick and is always great to see all the regulars. We missed Bamalamalu and many others who didn't make it.

Great company and great food and drinks! Hope to see you all next month!

T

Smaller group, fun times. Let's do it again next month..... For those that missed this month's meeting, there's a few more "SD Ohana" pendants left....

Yes, thank you TikiAno for the SD Ohana pendant. Very nice of you to make those for everyone.

C
Cammo posted on Thu, Oct 10, 2013 8:09 PM

Can I organize the next meetup at the Bali Hai?

Everybody be there the first Monday of November.

Let's drink and talk about stuff. Who's in?

Hope I can grab one of those pendants! I've been to most of the gatherings, but I just got back from 4 days in Vegas & I passed out when I got home that Monday... See everyone in November!

C
Cammo posted on Sat, Oct 12, 2013 2:32 PM

In:
Cammo
Kiwi Steve

Hey, you folks have NO EXCUSES for not coming to the next meetup! It's like really a long time from now, November the 4th, so PLAN AHEAD and show up! Somebody really important might show up like the guy who used to run Tiki magazine, or that guy, you know the guy who has the bar in his garage, what's his name?

I hear they have free cocktail napkins at the Bali Hai! Wow, I'm so in!

Great idea Cammo! Why didn't someone think of a monthly meet up earlier? I will be there if you will!

Actually... I have tickets for a concert in LA that night. I am not going to make it. Are you going to have these every month Cammo? I will try to make it another time if it happens again? :)

C
Cammo posted on Sat, Oct 12, 2013 5:45 PM

LVG - come AFTER the concert!

We'll still be there! We'll wait!

TL

Are we on for8Monday?

Yes come on by starting at 6.

We should be there between 6 - 6:30.

T

All right, a few have fessed up to heading to the Bali Hai for the Monday meet-up. Who else? John, are you back on the mainland?

Hope to see a big group of TCers....

David / Tiki Ano

On 2013-11-03 20:03, TikiAno wrote:
All right, a few have fessed up to heading to the Bali Hai for the Monday meet-up. Who else? John, are you back on the mainland?

Hope to see a big group of TCers....

David / Tiki Ano

Oh yeah, I'm back Brudda. Elena and I will be getting there a little early tomorrow (5:30).

Aloha!

C
Cammo posted on Mon, Nov 4, 2013 6:06 PM

Whoops, gotta bow out, things came up at the last minute!
Have a great time!

T

Good times yesterday at the Bali Hai. Great talking story with all, cool to meet some new folks. For all of ya that didn't come, we had the run of the bar to ourselves (mostly), and a mysterious stranger kept buying us drinks and food til we could eat or drink no more....

Too bad ya missed it... :wink: See you next month!

Great to see everybody last night. Not a huge crowd, but that means being able to talk to people a bit. Thanks for making & sharing the swingin' medallions, TikiAno!

This is the coolest after-school club ever.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 293 replies