Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

SD Ohana - Meetup Group - Bali Hai

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 293 replies

Aloha! We had a great meet up in May!
An added surprise was meeting the former Miss Aloha Maui, official hostess, (Lei) and her husband Don.
This sweet couple, married 60 years, comes to the Bali Hai as often as they can from their home in Carlsbad. They say it reminds them of Hawaii.
They were both very interested and pleased to hear about our SD Monday Tiki group. Lei and Don Met while Lei was touring with the governor of Hawaii, and vice president Nixon and his wife. They were engaged 12 hours after their first meeting. (see pic) If you happen to see them in the Bali Hai lounge, stop by and say, "Aloha!". One more cool thing about this couple, they gave one of their two sons the middle name "Tiki".
(photos courtesy Lei's wallet-thank you Lei!)
Take care everyone! See you next month on June 2nd!

[ Edited by: TikiModa 2014-05-31 11:58 ]

Looks like you Tikiphiles have a blast. I may not make it down to San Diego till next year, but surely want to schedule so I can take advantage of your meet-up at my favorite place in San Diego. Named my dining room the Bali Hai. CHEERS

T

Look forward to seeing all tomorrow....

Glad to see the southern most SoCal Tiki brethren in their natural habitat!

T

I'm having trouble deciding which refreshing drink to order tonight,hmmmmmmmm

Decisions decisions!

We should be there around 6:30. I'll be debuting my spectacular new shirt.

Sorry we will not be able to make it tonight. I hope you guys have a great night!

T

Treg, you were missed- great turnout otherwise!

Tomorrow!

We will be there, but we will be late. See you soon!

Aloha!

Elena and I will be there early tonight about 5:30.

See you all there.

Mahalo,
Tiki Slinger

A

Another fun evening. Great seeing everyone.

T

See you all tomorrow (Monday) Aug 4th 2014 6pm official time- I hope to be there by 5:30pm-looking forward to ordering a drink from the "Strong" side of the menu! Aloha!

I will be there, but late again. See you tonight!

MR

Wish i could make it. Too much going on. Hope everyone has a great time!

I am so glad that I finally have a chance to join the group at Bali Hai on a Monday. Is it just me or are the Mai Tais a little more gentle then they use to be?

On 2014-08-04 17:08, telescopes wrote:
I am so glad that I finally have a chance to join the group at Bali Hai on a Monday. Is it just me or are the Mai Tais a little more gentle then they use to be?

Are you serious? Imho, Olivia makes the best M. T.. I was there in Nov. and had 3- Couldn’t hardly find my way back to the hotel. Was staying at Humphrey’s-a long stagger back!
Cheers

Big turnout last night! Fun times at the SD Monthly Meetup!!!

telescopes, the Mai Tai quality & strength varies depending on who makes them, but I still usually notice when I've had two! Fortunately, we think they've improved back to where they were before the remodel, overall - we had some really lousy ones immediately after the reopening.

Looks like a good turnout last week. Sorry we missed it, we had to go out-of-town unexpectedly for a family thing. Hopefully we'll be able to catch up with some of you at Oasis.

We have dinner reservations on Wednesday night at 7:00 pm. If anyone wants to meet for a drink before or after, pm or text me. I know it's not Thursday night, but I'm hoping it will be a calmer vibe for dinner on Weds.

Special TO14 Bali Hai meet-up Group, toast and picture Saturday between 3PM and 4PM

For those of you who are going to be at Tiki Oasis 2014 this weekend. Let's get together and meet up for an hour in the atrium by the waterfall. Let's mingle, sip some rum and at 4PM we will do a toast and take a group picture. Everyone is welcome so invite a friend.

Mahalo, John

T

First Monday Meet-Up Bump!

I'm sure the Bali Hai will be a little more crowded than a normal first Monday due to Labor Day, but look forward to seeing everyone later today! I might even be able to get there to enjoy some happy hour pricing...

See everyone there!
There isn't a Humphrey's concert this year, so hopefully it won't be too extra crowded.

SD ohana, we have another contender for Tiki Tuesday's!

Panama 66 in Balboa Park is having Tiki Tuesday's starting next week. Should be worth checking out. Open til 10.

http://m.sdmart.org/panama_66

See you guys on Monday.

Doubt we will make it out for the Bali Hai meetup (again, sad), but the wife and I are planning to make it to the Panama 66 Tiki Tuesday tommorrow. Has anybody heard anything about it yet? Are we going to see anyone?

T

I want to check this out-can't go this Tuesday though! See you all at the Bali Hai tonight @ 5:30 or later!

Aloha,

Come out tonight and celebrate some Aloha with your SD Ohana. We start at 6 PM and close the place if you are willing.

Mucho Mahalo, John

Panama 66 is owned by the same people that own Tiger Tiger. The bar manager threw together this drink for me. It sounds like they will have a few drinks on their menu. The spot is very nice, right in Balboa Park with an open air bar. This Tuesday will be their first tiki night, I am sure it will have a few things to work on but it sounded promising.

[ Edited by: lunavideogames 2014-10-06 14:02 ]

Be sure to give us all a review of the new place, have fun!

First impression of Panama 66? Three tiki drinks available. Definately room for improvement there, although I'm sure they will. Food was on par with BLAH. But the space is amazing. Big, open, and you get to watch the sun set by the museum of man.

T

Man, I can't believe I missed the Bali Hai 60th Anniversary Party. I have a good excuse- his name is Ari (or, "Tiki Ari") and he was born 10/31/14. Bummer to miss the event, but hope to see the Ohana soon.

Congrats! That picture makes me think of teacup poodles, but Mr. Bali Hai Mug Ari is certainly cuter. Try to get some sleep and we'll hopefully see you soon.
Cheers!

Looking forward to tonight!

Congrats TikiAno!!! So great to hear!!!

Great to see TikiAno back out and about and everyone else tonight! A smaller but very enjoyable meet-up.

And huge Mahalos to TikiModa for the absolutely mind-blowing chocolate haupia pie!!

T

Thanks, Amy! Definitely a fun Monday meet-up.

The haupia pie was ridiculously good. If you missed it, well, I'm sorry. Wow, now I want MORE!

Tonight!

If anyone is bored this Sunday is my birthday. I am going to Bali Hai for lunch around 2 and then over to Lion's Share around 4. Join me if you can, no worries if not. See you soon either way.

Oooh, sounds tempting!

Happy Birthday either way!!

T

Treg, not sure, but they may be having their Sunday brunch- if so, the bar seating area is closed (I think). I'm always working during standard brunch hours but was able to go enjoy it on NY Day. Just a heads up... have fun- hope to make it out but no guarantees... Happy Birthday!

On 2015-01-15 19:48, lunavideogames wrote:
If anyone is bored this Sunday is my birthday. I am going to Bali Hai for lunch around 2 and then over to Lion's Share around 4. Join me if you can, no worries if not. See you soon either way.

Happy birthday Treg,
David and CeCe

Thanks everyone. Seems like it's time for a birthday Mai Tai.

I am not going to be able to make it tonight. I have been sick all weekend. I hope you guys have fun tonight! See you guys next month!

Hope you feel better soon!

Sorry we also had to miss this one. Hope it went well & we'll be back next time.

Drat, unfortunately we have to miss this one, too. Hope it's a good night; see everybody next month.

I'll be there! We will miss ya Bam!

Aloha Meet-up group, I hope to see you all tonight!

Here are some shots from last months meeting.

Great pics u lucky crew

I'm going to be in San Diego with the Mother Unit next week, we have a few business appointments. Then dropping her off at her friend's house Monday, June 1st as she will stay another week or two and I am heading home on Tuesday. So I will be able to come to your Monday Meet-Up. Looking forward to seeing old friends and meeting new Tikiphiles.

Marlene

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 293 replies