Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Crafts

Space/Alien/Robot Tiki Art Swap

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 324 replies

T
TU posted on Sat, Aug 2, 2014 1:45 PM

Jason,

Sorry I'm an idiot sometimes. See the pm I just sent you.

John

Z

Swap piece has blasted off towards its new home! Thanks again for yet another fun swap!

We dropped off the box for LoriLovesTiki, should be there in 7 working days. Cheers, Wendy

Zero,

This morning the entire village carried your art, gently on palm fronds, down to the beach. It was carefully placed in an outrigger canoe that will sail to your distant shore. Flower leis were thrown upon the boat to wish it safe passage. As the canoe sailed away there were joyous sounds from the native drums as the canoe sailed out of sight.

T

On 2014-08-04 11:35, MaukaHale wrote:
Zero,

This morning the entire village carried your art, gently on palm fronds, down to the beach. It was carefully placed in an outrigger canoe that will sail to your distant shore. Flower leis were thrown upon the boat to wish it safe passage. As the canoe sailed away there were joyous sounds from the native drums as the canoe sailed out of sight.

Perfect. Hang10, we'll do the trade in person at Oasis- Mike, are we all up for an in=person swap again? (I'm trying to finish some last minute pieces before Oasis, but it is up to the kiln gods at this point....

Look forward to seeing everyone with their new art!

My box is packed and ready to go out first thing in the morning!

Z

HOORAY!!!!!! TC is BACK!!!

I found, the other day, a package that had the faint scent of lilac & hibiscus, which obviously had been tended to very carefully by the natives of the island whose sand still clung to the carefully wrapped parcel...

And what a wonderful package it was! SO many Mahalos!

~Zero

Zero,

I received your package last week but I couldn't post until today.

And there were plenty of surprise!

I'm looking forward to trying your drink the "Atomic Space Race." Is the Lemon Hart rum the 151?

I think I'll have to pass on the "Warp Core Breach." That calls for a lot of alcohol!

Thanks for all the fun that came with your stunning art.

So glad you liked my little additions - I am kind of known to add the 'secret toy surprise in every box'.

The Lemonhart for the space race is the 151/overproof variety. I think you will like it! I wouldn't recommend the warp core breach for less than 3 people. Don't want anyone walking out of an airlock! :)
Thanks again to TU and everyone else that made this yet another fantastic (even stellar) art swap!
~Zero

T
TU posted on Mon, Aug 11, 2014 5:47 PM

Here is the awesome mug from Mad Dog. I can't wait to try the drink too!! I think it is kinda funny that the picture loaded sideways.

Great swap everyone! I am always impressed by the quality of art people are willing to trade.

Until next time...

I'm behind. My beautiful painting has arrived. Photo soon, thank you so much Sandra, Wendy

Nice to see the killer swap items finding new homes

Ano- we will see you at Oasis soon for the swap
Since I started a second piece ( when I thought I messed up the Goof)
I'll bring it for you as well.
Finished it last night
I'll post a pic tonight
:)

Jon

Ano- see u soon

Another fun tiki work of art. hang10tiki you are prolific with wood! You two have fun and share some photos please. On my thread would be appreciated. Wendy

HI Lori!

I got your tiki Alien dude today, thank you so much. I love that he is drinking from a tiki cup and wearing funky pants. :) I will hang him up in my studio so that he can inspire my artwork.

Here we are taking a selfie together.. haha...

Thanks so much again.. I love getting gifts in the mail. :)

Sandra

Sandra what a treat to see you with the LoriLovesTiki art. I had no idea it was so large. Good job Lori.

Until we frame it the painting that you sent to us is in the tiki jungle room.

Looks good there. Thank you so much. Wendy

[ Edited by: danlovestikis 2014-08-13 11:57 ]

Sandra- great photo
Lori- that alien is huge, awesome...
Wendy- Sandra's painting is awesome, it looks great in the Jungle Room

Jon

T

Great photos! Jon, dig the new one- look forward to meeting up. Yes, think we'll be taking some photos... see you at Bali Hai tomorrow night? (along with the throngs of other people?)

Sandra, good to see a fresh face in the Swap. You pic looks great in Dan's fabulous Jungle Room.
Lori, I didn't get the sheer magnitude of that alien either. GREAT!
My painting from TU is scheduled to arrive today - I'M EXCITED!!!!!

TU, my alien tiki-robbing saucer-piloting flamingos made it just fine yesterday! Colors are bright and vibrant - great job, love it! Will try to get a pic of it as soon as I mount it.

Outa-this-world-swap-at-Oasis
Thanx David (Ano), u rock
Swap piece and 2 other killer gifts....score

T
TU posted on Sat, Aug 16, 2014 6:55 AM

Mike--glad it got there OK. When I build a mug shelf I will take a pic and send it to you.

Looks like Oasis is a blast. Needless to say I am very jealous.

Thanks for all of the pics of the received art!!!!

TU

Hi guys!

I got home from vacation at 2am this morning and found Wendy's package waiting for me! I unwrapped it and it's beautiful. I'll take a picture of it tomorrow, once I choose it's hanging spot.

Thanks Wendy!

And Sandra love, love, LOVE the selfie or you and the alien tiki dude. :)

Thanx again David
Great to see you at Oasis

Hey lunavideogames just told me the theme for Tiki Oasis next summer is SPACE, imagine that!

Hey guys you look so cute receiving all your swap treasures.

TU this has been a really fun event.

LoriLovesTiki I'm looking forward to the photo. I'm so glad you have it.

Cheers, Wendy

[ Edited by: danlovestikis 2014-08-18 21:24 ]

So today I met Cy here in Sacramento on his way back from tiki oasis up to Oregon.
Couldn't be more excited to have a Cy Orignal up on my wall thank you sir for the amazing art.
And thank you ti for setting all of this up! So the jet so a are up next to my tom cook he-man.
Mahalo

Sorry for this one I'm not a photographer by any stretch ha ha.

Anthony Maye

[ Edited by: anthonymaye 2014-08-18 22:27 ]

Didn't want it to fall off da wall

T

This guy found his way to my home bar, along with a tag along alien. Jon, I'm loving this piece- and finalizing the spot for the groovy hanging piece. Thanks so much, and good times at Oasis! (And thanks for posting photos)....

David- glad the Goof is guarding your Rum

Good job hang10tiki. You do well to "hang" photos appropriately. I wish the glitch was fixed on this web page.

Fun spot Tiki Ano. Love his alien peeking out of the mug!

Cheers, Wendy

Hi Tiki Swappers,

Sorry I'm a bit behind... It's so cool to see everybody's swapped artwork in new homes.

Also, thanks for liking my selfie with Lori's Alien Tiki Dude. I'm not a Selfie kind of person, but i couldn't help it when I saw the alien! Yes, he is big, as some of you mentioned. It was like lifting up my cat, haha.

Isn't it funny that next year's theme at Tiki Oasis is Space? We are ahead of the curve!

I'm in for the next swap!

Sandra

C
cy posted on Sun, Aug 24, 2014 3:15 PM

So cool to meet anthonymaye and his young son in Sacramento. The extra goodies added to the experience with not only work by Anthony but some from his wife and children. They will be in my tiki bar forever, thanks guys!

T
TU posted on Thu, Aug 28, 2014 5:05 PM

Thanks for everyone posting the pictures! You all made the so much fun!!!

MDM-I put the shipping container to good use having some friends over.

Take it easy everyone!!!!!!!!!

Great swap everyone

Thanx again TU for flyin da space ship via da captains chair

Jon

A little late but here's a picture of the painting hanging in my Gator Hut. You can see the Moai wall hanging she made me earlier this year as well and at the left edge is the painting I received from SophistaTiki a few swaps ago. (I framed it in bamboo flats.)

Is it time for another art swap?!?!?!?

Hi Lori, thank you so much for the photo. He's not a very appealing guy so if later on you want to hang him in the garage I'll totally understand. I thought a guy would end up my swap partner not a pretty girl.

Cheers, Wendy

Lori- the painting looks great in the hut

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 324 replies