Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

octane (spring break carvings) 3/26/06

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 254 replies

O

thank you Ben, fez ape, sam gambino, tikitikiboom,tikitammy,Hewey, Mooneytiki for all the props.

Sorry i have not been on in a long time, school and work is eating up too much of my time. hopfully i can carve more, as right now it's like months between carvings. well i did manage to carve a bit over spring break.

this guy i'm having troublewith the polyurthane setting up. i think the wood has too much oil in it or something, because the poly seems a little tacky still.

He's back..Where you been, man?

B

Octane, Welcome back. REally Nice stuff, I'm really impressed, really sweet!The poly thing is possibly the cool temp, when poly's Will Not setup. That or a second coat was applied before the first coat dried. Nice wood on the tacky one.

Good to have you post your new stuff Octane...very cool. We don't get to peep into your mind
very often...but it's great when we do. Keep em coming.

J

I'm new since you posted last and I'm glad that you are back. Nice thread.
JP

P

OC-tane.

Stuff's still phresh, braddah.

Hope all is well. Thanks for the looks.

F
foamy posted on Mon, Mar 27, 2006 5:05 AM

I was fix'in to post a "where's Octane?" thread. Glad to see you back and in form. Really nice carvings—as usual.

O
Octane posted on Mon, Apr 3, 2006 7:40 PM

thanks Ben, the wood on the guy that was still tacky is cocobolo (sp?).

Thank BK, that damn school and work keeps the chisels in the work bench.

thanks congatiki, JohnnyP, and Pablus.

thanks foamy, i had not realized i had been gone for so long, then i saw that my page was like on page 12 or something.

hopefully i can carve more and hang out on TC again.

Dig it!
Octane, you never want to sell. I'd like to talk you out of that tiki in the second to last image. Dig?

V

Wow! Holy Crap ! where did this guy come from? My God man, your carvings are off the hook!Way to go!!I dig all of them. You are blessed.Nice work!

SF

Nice, love those carvings. Especially the dark stain.

G
GMAN posted on Thu, Aug 3, 2006 8:20 PM

Octane,

You around? Watcha got goin? I love this stuff!

Nice work. Where you gone, fella..? :)

Bumping bruddah Octane up for a look see...

A shame so much of his early work is missing, a very talented carver.

B

Whoa....this is a tasty way to start the day. Some major eye candy here.....delicious!

I really wished those early pictures were still around as well.

Thanks for bumping this up.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 254 replies