Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

tiki faces in weird and strange places

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 304 replies

is that a droopy tiki face in my closet door or am i imagining things?

benzart: maybe you can help on this one!

anyone else have similar tiki face experiences? (if this is a repeated topic, please accept my apologies. i am impaired right now)

:) :) :wink: :wink:

[ Edited by: hanford_lemoore - changed title because I accidentally merged two different topics together - 2007-01-08 17:47 ]

L

On 2004-06-27 02:17, tikicleen wrote:

is that a droopy tiki face in my closet door or am i imagining things?

benzart: maybe you can help on this one!

anyone else have similar tiki face experiences? (if this is a repeated topic, please accept my apologies. i am impaired right now)

:) :) :wink: :wink:

and the thing is weeping tears of blood!
careful; don't let this get out;
it'll become a pilgrimage stop for the masses...

B

Actually I know that guy . He came here from a planet far away just 6 years ago our time.
It's a good job you did blowing his cover. He thought no one would ever see him.
I knew he was there tho.

T

This is a great subject. I got to get my camera going because I am seeing everywhere as well.

I was well into a 12 pack of Red Stripe late one night and had the cable tv on with the music station on. It plays songs and shows all it's info with a picture of the album cover. George McCrae's "Rock Your Baby" was on, I think the album cover had a couple people on it, but what I saw and scribbled down later became the Tiki in the center here...lol

[ Edited by: McDougall on 2004-06-28 08:50 ]

I posted this picture some time back.

D

What's all this fuss I hear about tiki feces in weird places? First of all, how could tikis even make feces? They're just wood statues after all. I'd say that anywhere you could find tiki feces would be a pretty weird place. Oh ... never mind.

(With a nod to Emily Litella. RIP Gilda Radner)

[ Edited by: DaneTiki on 2004-06-28 17:22 ]

On 2004-06-28 17:21, DaneTiki wrote:
What's all this fuss I hear about tiki feces in weird places?

YES!! Tikis sent those poop packages on "Six Feet Under"! :lol:

K

Well, if I were you I'd list that closet door on eBay right away. You could make thousands.

Ahu

Really funny tikicleen

In my Dad's house he had this horid fake marble in the shower. in the swirls I always saw shapes that created goofy primative faces, but I never mentioned it.

Certain old tractors always looked to me like big friendly Tiki heads...grinning.

tikicleen - How long were you staring at the door before you saw that? :)

It sort of looks like a tiki version of "The Scream."

M

Sometimes in antique stores, I see old shoe trees up on their sides and think they're moais.

Martiki, you've gone mad. Where's the men in white coats? Somebody tackle that guy.

the horror...

M

See?!?? See?!?!?!?! I'M NOT MAD! I'M NOT MAD!!!

where's my pills? the shoe people are coming for me.

J

Noticed this Monday afternoon staring out the kitchen window - the birdbath has been sitting like that since October, I can't believe a tiki has been staring at me for 4 months and I didn't even notice...

Err...John?....there is no Tiki!
This is just a fallen over birdbath.
These might be early symptoms of snowblindness, I fear

J

Sven, that's what I was afraid of - oh god, someone help me!!!! :)

M

I used to work at one of the big movie studios here in Los Angeles, where I was greeted every morning by this silent sentinel:

Sadly, seeing this guy was usually the highlight of my day!

J

Alien Tiki Crop Circle (or Bert from Sesame Street)

[ Edited by: joefla70 on 2005-02-09 14:42 ]

T
teaKEY posted on Wed, Feb 9, 2005 4:28 PM

When I got into this, not too long ago, I saw tiki on everything for a whole day. I got a couple pics but hope this one shows today.

T

The back of my cordless phone sure looks good in the Munktiki section of my collection. Hah it rhymes!

K
Kono posted on Wed, Feb 9, 2005 7:35 PM

On 2005-02-09 18:58, Turbogod wrote:
The back of my cordless phone sure looks good in the Munktiki section of my collection. Hah it rhymes!

The masked moai, kemosabe!

K

Tiki faces in weird places huh?

How 'bout this one:

-front-

-back-

Ahu

[ Edited by: kukuahu 2006-03-29 12:55 ]

ahu and t-god, those are both classic :wink:

J

Alien tiki Mars or natural geologic phenonmenon?

Would it be sacreligious to make a "Shroud of Turin" Tiki Mug?

Would it be sacreligious to make a "Shroud of Turin" Tiki Mug?

Yes it would.

I grew up in a reeely old house (120 years old in Silverado Canyon, CA.) and the bathroom doors had the same kind of graining. My Tiki looked like Jesus! Sometimes Jesus just happens, but don't force him.

[ Edited by: hau 'oli tiki on 2005-02-24 19:25 ]

But scientific research revealed that it’s unlikely Jesus looked like that. This look came about when in the renaiscance, when painters started giving Jesus a recognisable look.

KK

V

Fatu Hiva mountain (I saw tiki everywhere at that time) :

Looked like what? The shroud? Or the face in the door? (My door)

The shroud

J

Hey Hau!

There was a "Jesus in a door" article in the news lately. Apparently, you're not the only one to have a Jesus door!

http://www.abclocal.go.com/wpvi/news/22205-bb-jesus.html

http://www.wtlv.com/news/strange/news-article.aspx?storyid=32925

R

We have a several paintings by the same artist and they all have hidden images in them.

That's sorta creepy. Or Divine.

[ Edited by: Hau 'oli Tiki on 2005-03-07 16:43 ]

H

Here's a light post I stumbled into (note the chipped corner).
This is one of many on Shelter Island in San Diego. Does that count as a weird place?

I suppose the face aspect might have been deliberate. Then again it very well might be another example of an innocent design possessed by and leaking Tiki into our dimensionally challenged world.

K

I find it interesting that it would be considered sacreligious to make a tiki mug using a Shroud of Turin image (generally recognized as a fake these days), but somehow NOT sacreligious to take sacred images of Polynesians and make mugs out of them....cultural imperialism is very much alive today. Having said that, LONG LIVE poltical incorrectness!

J

Well said, Kaiwaza! I never thought about it that way. Take that you hippocrites who thought my shroud of turnin tiki mug would be sacreligious! I guess some people think that some gods are to be held in higher esteem than other's. :)

The "T" in the Trader Joes logo makes me see a tiki, but I'm pretty sure that's intentional, which kind of makes it cooler!
(I have not figured out how to post images, otherwise I'd show ya!)
sorry...

Kinda like a moai profile?

UB
K

I see two tikis in this pic I outlined the other

[ Edited by: keigs20 on 2005-04-07 21:36 ]

UB

On 2004-12-16 08:56, martiki wrote:
Sometimes in antique stores, I see old shoe trees up on their sides and think they're moais.

[ Edited by: Unga Bunga on 2005-04-07 21:36 ]

Saw this Moai hammerin' across the Howard Franklin bridge to St. Pete and just happened to have a camera.
A change of pace from the silver naked lady mudflaps.

Aloha,
Scott

Without even smokin' something; I can see moai. I like truck 420.

I see the up coming Hukilau in my Tri Tip!! I see all of Florida too!!

Can anyone see the Mai Kai??!!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 304 replies