Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

Rodeo's stuff. new update 27nov

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 329 replies

Great job, buddy! Your tikis are look'n Smoooooooth. I like the touch of the painted skull. Sometimes a little color can go a long way.
this one yours? or are there some happy customers?

R

Tried my hand at some pinstriping , but I think the brush was too big ....

Not finished yet ,thought I would share it anyways...

[ Edited by: rodeotiki 2006-07-03 16:35 ]

F

Wow, nice work! A giant tiki paintbrush? You get big points for originality!

B

Rodeo, I always new youhad a big thing for pinstriping, but this Big?? Cool lookin brush.

H
hewey posted on Mon, Jul 3, 2006 8:23 PM

Kool man :)

Is it a keeper or a seller?

I reckon you could sell some of these puppies :)

started a simple shelf today . First attempt at making something like this. Kinda fun and I had good helpers too.

Any feedback is appreciated.

Very cool looking shelf. Can't wait to see it finished.

Cute helpers too.

H

Rodeo your son looks just like you wow....:) :) :) oh I almost forgot I love your piece. The curved sides and the shape of the tiki. Excellent design for the table. Functional, sturdy and great looking. Lets see it finished now...

B

Cool shelf Rodeo, cool helpers too. The shelf looks pretty sturdy, No Broken mugs there I'm sure.

G
GMAN posted on Tue, Jul 18, 2006 4:45 PM

Very cool! I like how you angled the sides to provide a better view of the tikis. Looks like that piece could serve as a neat indoor bench for the ankle biters if you didn't hang it.

-G

lookin good rodeo! I love functional tiki items

MD

Great work Rodeo......
I haven't checked in for awhile but when I do I always check with you. Glad work is headed your way.
Deservedly so.
Your tikis are cool but your kids are awesome!
Thanks for all the good vibes you lay out here on this board.

Thanks for the encouragement everyone.

On 2006-07-18 16:58, Tikiwahine wrote:
lookin good rodeo! I love functional tiki items

So about 3 weeks ago I went by to drop off a carving at the shop ( plan B is the name of the store) and Andrew the owner was trying to prop the front door open with a small chunk of bark. I of course gave him a hard time for his modern door stop and his reply was "then make me one smart ass"

Present day: As a token of my gratitude for all the doors that have been opened by Andrew and the referrals he has given me I made him a door stop. It still needs some poly and a few details.

[ Edited by: rodeotiki 2006-07-21 17:14 ]

M

Sweet work Rodeo, I like the name!

Mahalo

Mc

I love that shelf! Looks good n' strong! If I were one of your helpers I'd be....the one sitting around!

We have a "plan B" down here in Torrance. It's a comic/hobbie store. Love that name! That door stop could stop my door anytime!

H
hewey posted on Fri, Jul 21, 2006 7:51 PM

Great work Rodeo. Love the shelves and the door stop. Kool man

Great carving, great karma. You shopkeeper friend should be thrilled! Gift tikis are the best!

Rodeo...Really like the shelf...be sure to post some pics when it's all done. Looks like it's
nice and strong to hold a lot of stuff....and the little Rodeo kids are cute too. Always enjoy
looking at your carvings...the designs and finish are "Rodeo" trademarks!

H
Helz posted on Sat, Jul 22, 2006 6:11 AM

Brilliant work as always man! And I love to see you taking the Tiki to new places!

B

Love that door-stop, but love the story even More.. Way Cool!

H

Door-stop: great idea! Proving yet again that anything can be 'tikified'. Great work and it must be nice having some pint-sized shop help around-gotta get me a couple a' those for the shop!

J

You pulled out all the "stops" on that one. Groan, I know-bad pun, but great work. I like the mouth and teeth. Your shelf looks great also.
JP

I couldnt wait to share this with everyone. Not long after seeing Ona's logo I contacted Swampfire and asked if he would be willing to design me a logo. What Doug sent me is far different than what I was thinking it was gonna be.
IT'S AWESOME!!!!

Huge thanks to Swampfire.

I used to have a handle on life, but it broke.

[ Edited by: rodeotiki 2006-07-27 11:25 ]

That is a great piece, as is all of Doug's stuff... There is excellent use of black and white too which is not easy to accomplish when you're not using any gray tones. Great job, Doug!

That rules! I want to buy something from you just because of that logo... Lucky duck! You need a large scale merchandising campaign now...No more time for carving, mr t-shirt maker!

H
hewey posted on Thu, Jul 27, 2006 8:16 PM

Freaking kool man! How about a Zombie Hut bowling shirt? :)

Great! Glad you like it Collin.
I can't wait to get my kick arss Rodeotiki carving! Canadian style!

G
GMAN posted on Fri, Jul 28, 2006 8:33 PM

Nice stuff, both of you. That art should serve you well.

L
Loki posted on Sat, Jul 29, 2006 8:44 AM

Great work as usual Doug...I really like the name too RT. Did you have some ideas or just let Doug go crazy?

Rodeo,

It's about time you fix that broken handle on your life, your stuff is looking good, and you have an awesome logo.

That is a perfect logo, Rodeo. I met Doug at Oasis this year and was really impressed with his laid back attitude and willingness to explain his methods & stuff. That guy is just talented as hell! Kudos to you!

Aaron

Doug did a awesome job. Too answer a few questions , yes I have thought about doing some T-shirts and maybe stickers. I gave some input to Doug but pretty much wanted to let him do his thing.
Raff - new and improving handle in place.

Here is a early shot of something that I have been wanting to get started on for some time.

Log is 8feet 1 inch. 1 standard home depot mailbox and thats it so far.
The mail box is sunken in almost 4 inches so far,
More updates on other projects that are under works soon...

Mahalo for looking.

[ Edited by: rodeotiki 2006-07-31 14:12 ]

H
hewey posted on Mon, Jul 31, 2006 6:50 PM

Stickers and shirts = kool :)

Tiki mail? Not yet buddy - you got a log with a letter box in it! hahah looking forward to seeing what you do with this one :)

B

You have a Tall mailman? He looks good, I Know some of it goes in the ground and whats left will loog Great!

Thanks for always bustin my chops Hewey.

Here is a little progress...

K
kirby posted on Tue, Aug 1, 2006 10:27 PM

lookin good buddy...kirby

Awesome Rodeo! I love the whole mailbox tiki idea.

H
haikai posted on Wed, Aug 2, 2006 4:28 AM

Very funny idea, rodeotiki! I´m looking forward to see the finsh of your Tiki mailbox. Still you need a caution plate for your mailman. "Caution Savage Tiki"

B

Hey Rodeo, did you notice that tiki has a tongue shaped like a Mailbox? That gives me an Idea for a mailbox tiki. He is comong out pretty good so far,,, just that tongue!

R

Some more progress.
Worked on the eyes and tried something a little different from what I have done before.

Had my assistant give him a good soaking as it was getting pretty dry

Next will be drawing out the arms and legs.

T

looking good so far, rodeo! a house outside my parent's old neighborhood had a tiki mailbox that was about 4-5 feet tall. it was pretty cool & i still see it when i drive by now & then. i'm sure people will remember seeing yours when it's done. keep on postin' those pics!!

He has great features Rodeo!
Glad to see you three keeping cool in the heat.

R

Here is a little progress. I messed up and made the arms to skinny.

G
GMAN posted on Tue, Aug 8, 2006 4:23 PM

That looks sweet there boss! Great stuff! The mailman is gonna love that...

-G

B
Bete posted on Wed, Aug 9, 2006 4:07 PM

Looks awesome, that's a very clever piece you made.

C

Great mailbox...one of the finest mailbox tikis I have ever seen...I bet the kids enjoy
watching you work...must be a hoot!

Rodeo,

What kind of wood are you using, Red Cedar?
Your tiki looks killer, I am always watering mine to keep them from cracking also.

Thanks Gman.
Conga the kids love to be in the garage I just need to watch out for them trying to take all my tools.
Will, Its cedar , just not sure what kind.

Here its almost done , just some poly and then a new carved tiki knob for the mailbox door.

Thanks for looking. More new stuff coming soon ....

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 329 replies